Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; 9/21 - 9/25
Topic Started: Sep 21 2009, 01:48 AM (6,405 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I LOLed when Kate told Lucas to show his future stepfather some respect. These are the dysfunctional family relationships that I love on soaps. Could you imagine how Thanksgiving is going to be at the DiMera mansion if Stefano and Kate's marriage lasts that long? It's going to be hilarious!

Kate's wearing a black dress to her wedding. How fitting. I'm glad they are using Roman in this storyline. He actually has history with Kate, so it would be wise to use him and not just bring out Bo and Hope and place them in their annoying cop modes. I don't mind Roman being an annoying cop. And I loved the final scenes where they shifted from Stefano in his tux to Kate getting ready in her room and being interrupted by Victor, who demanded to know what she's up to. So many men around Kate that share history with her, so little time. LOL! I'm really enjoying this storyline thus far.

I was surprised to actually be happy for Daniel and Chloe in their scenes today. But I don't think I'm happy for them, as a couple, or that I'm actually starting to like them as a couple. In fact, I think I'm just glad that the damn storyline has reached its finish point and it's time to move on to the next thing. And what kind of priest praises infidelity and says God would approve? Father Matt, get the hell out of Salem! And tell us what you did to Father Jansen before you leave!

I think it might be because Melanie's hair is up, appearing shorter, and she's wearing those pink scrubs and not the damn candy striper uniform, but Melanie doesn't look too much younger than Philip in these scenes. I think it has a lot to do with the hair and uniform. I wouldn't mind the storyline so much from the beginning if they would've had Melanie appear more mature than she was. Then it would be believable that she's into older guys and older guys would be into her. But that's not how it's been the last several months. The way the show had Melanie dressing, she looked like she was still in the middle of her teen years. Her hair, make-up and wardrobe has taken a great mature change and I'm not as creeped out in these scenes she's having with Philip anymore.

I loved Lexie's reaction to Stefano and Kate's upcoming wedding. And I'm glad Stefano acknowledged Kate's past with EJ. Aside from that trivia question the other week, EJ and Kate's affair hasn't been brought up in years. They were so damn hot together!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Just have to say that Lauren Koslow (Kate) and Jay Johnson (Philip) really knocked it outta the park in tomorrow's episode.

This Kate/Stefano marriage is really affecting everyone connected to each of them.

Love it!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Kate marrying Stefano is the best twist the show has done in so long..Finally a juicy story for Lauren and Joseph to sink their teeth into..And i'm loving the reactions from Lucas and Lexie...And can't wait for Phillips..Thank you writers for finally doing this story, that you teased us with months ago..

I'm slowly getting back into watching the show again thanks to Bope getting a story, Stefano/Kate's marriage, and the baby switch storyline finally picking up...Now just bring on Carly and Vivian and get rid of Daniel and Chloe and I'll be hooked..

Tori

Halloween Family
Sep 22 2009, 05:33 PM
Tori
Sep 22 2009, 05:30 PM
Halloween Family
Sep 22 2009, 05:15 PM
Alligato
Sep 22 2009, 04:48 PM
But for the plot point writing, maybe this is being brought up now of all times because the reveal is weeks away and we need a reason that EJ won't go batshit.
I agree that it was brought up for the reveal but I dont think it was necessary to keep EJ from going bsc. Grace's death already should show him how much of a favor Nicole did for him. The obstacle will be EJ's ego that somebody fooled him and that'll be the reason (if he does) of him going baserk. [oh please I hope James doesn't give another performance like the last reveal. :scared: I also hope Casey/Chad doesn't study those scenes and copies James' portrayal when Chad finds out about Mia hiding paternity of their deceased baby.]
I thought James was Brilliant! Casey should study James!
No, dont encourage that!!! Casey, step away from those reels!!!

I am glad you enjoyed it tho.
Thanks

Very few performances have brought me to tears but James' performances did.

Edited by Tori, Sep 22 2009, 07:48 PM.

Kailyn

I have a question for whoever can answer this for me. why is it that some people are so quick to hold a grudge with Bo over the Zack death and his involvment but the same ones were so fast to forgive Chelsea?. this came up becasue it appears that yesterdays episode has stirred up some stuff on other boards that has me wondering how they justify Chelsea's very bad behavior and are so quick to attack Bo?. Hope leaving is pretty much her new pattern now and some are even saying this is the old Hope coming to life. again I say who are these people? Hope was so feisty back in the early days Bo couldn't shake her loose she would stand toe to toe with him in battle and now all she does is throw her hands over her ears and yell that she doesn't want to discuss it when shes the one that starts all the fighting and then she tucks her tail and runs off. mainly I want to know how fair is forgiveness for one and not for another when they both had equal parts in Zacks death?

Manda1

Tori
Sep 22 2009, 07:28 PM
Halloween Family
Sep 22 2009, 05:33 PM
Tori
Sep 22 2009, 05:30 PM
Halloween Family
Sep 22 2009, 05:15 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep[oh please I hope James doesn't give another performance like the last reveal. :scared: I also hope Casey/Chad doesn't study those scenes and copies James' portrayal when Chad finds out about Mia hiding paternity of their deceased baby.]
I thought James was Brilliant! Casey should study James!
No, dont encourage that!!! Casey, step away from those reels!!!

I am glad you enjoyed it tho.
Thanks

Very few performances have brought me to tears but James' performances did.

His acting here didn't bring tears to my eyes but I suspect the one when he finds out his new Mama is Kate will! :shithitfan: :lol: :lol:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kailyn
Sep 22 2009, 08:37 PM
I have a question for whoever can answer this for me. why is it that some people are so quick to hold a grudge with Bo over the Zack death and his involvment but the same ones were so fast to forgive Chelsea?. this came up becasue it appears that yesterdays episode has stirred up some stuff on other boards that has me wondering how they justify Chelsea's very bad behavior and are so quick to attack Bo?. Hope leaving is pretty much her new pattern now and some are even saying this is the old Hope coming to life. again I say who are these people? Hope was so feisty back in the early days Bo couldn't shake her loose she would stand toe to toe with him in battle and now all she does is throw her hands over her ears and yell that she doesn't want to discuss it when shes the one that starts all the fighting and then she tucks her tail and runs off. mainly I want to know how fair is forgiveness for one and not for another when they both had equal parts in Zacks death?
I totally disagree with those that say Bo is more to blame than Chelsea, but I can see where they're coming from. Chelsea was a stupid teenager that made a terrible mistake. But again, she was just a stupid teenager at the time and she's paid for it. On the other hand, Bo is a grown man and he lied to his wife about what really happened. I could totally see Hope and others coming down harder on Bo than Chelsea. Bo knew better than to do what he did.

Kailyn

DrewHamilton
Sep 22 2009, 09:34 PM
Kailyn
Sep 22 2009, 08:37 PM
I totally disagree with those that say Bo is more to blame than Chelsea, but I can see where they're coming from. Chelsea was a stupid teenager that made a terrible mistake. But again, she was just a stupid teenager at the time and she's paid for it. On the other hand, Bo is a grown man and he lied to his wife about what really happened. I could totally see Hope and others coming down harder on Bo than Chelsea. Bo knew better than to do what he did.
I totally agree with you and at the time I was furious with how Bo chose to stand by the side of Billie and Chelsea but what i don't get is Chelsea is to this day completely forgiven and practically been given the key to the city but Bo on the other hand is still unforgiven to this day. and I agree with the intial decision Bo made but Chelsea repeatedly tried to destroy Hope during that whole time Hope was on Morgan Island even going so far as climbing the telephone pole to clip the lines so Hope and Bo could think the other hung up on them. Bo made a very bad decision but Chelsea cintunued making bad choices. thats the part I don't get.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

"Something's going on here and you're not telling me what it is."

After all the time over the years we've heard Lucas say that I swear Bryan Dattilo should trademark that phrase.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 22 2009, 01:42 PM
I love that Stefano knew that EJ and Kate had a history together. I really can't wait to see what EJ has to say about it. Love that Stefano didn't want to talk about it with him! But why does Ej always come off as this little pansy ass when calling about his daddy. Stefano is a grown man who has come back from the dead numerous times...why is EJ so worried about him?
And yes, EJ could have picked a much better time to tell Nicole that they married for the baby than on his honeymoon. I so can't wait for this whole baby thing to come out so we can get confident Nicole back who would say something like "I only wanted to marry you because you were my baby's daddy and you are a fine ass man to wake up to in the morning". RealNicole and RealEJ are so much better together than SaveMyAssNicole and CluelessEJ.

Fr. Matt and Chloe was just gagsville! What a load of shit! Fr. Matt telling Chloe that she did all she can to forget about Daniel, so now it is okay for her to break her wedding vow? What kind of priest is this? Its not like she even got married in the Church anyways, so what the hell does it matter?
The whole exchange made me loathe Danloe! Well, mostly Chloe...and damn if NB's acting has improved slightly.
I agree. I know this is only a soap and all, but at least try to make it a little believeable. No way would a priest ever say that-- OK-- you tried to forget this other guy and couldn't, so it's OK to move on with him and forget about your husband and vows!!! Usually I think Fr. Matt's portrayal is pretty good, but sorry, not this time.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

thanks to victor, today's show is a must-watch. his scenes with kate were hilarious, and there was also a wonderful maggie/abe scene. very funny stuff.

my only real problem is how blase philip and lucas were over the fact that kate tried to kill chloe. they never even really discuss it, lucas just says that kate is marrying stefano so she won't go to jail, and then next thing you know, philip is offering to help kate with her legal case. i'm no fan of either of chloe's relationships with philip and lucas, but come on. the fact that neither of them seem to care what kate did is absolutely ridiculous.

i was glad to see that lucas falling off the wagon again was more about the realization of what a wreck his life has been relationship-wise rather than it being all about chloe.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Another testosterone laden epsidode!

Maggie sneezing due to the orchids was lame.

Stefano sure has some giddyup now that he's going to marry Kate, he picked up Theo like a feather. Joe's portrayal is making me love this deal with the devil. I wonder how Nicole is going to react when she learns her new mother in law has carnal knowlege of her hubby.

Philip and Kate were good together. Philip will be mad but he'll come around, like Vic said "he's a mamma's boy'".

Chloe looked so pretty with her hair pulled back and 1 layer less of makeup.
Edited by Halloween Family, Sep 23 2009, 04:24 PM.

Tori

Dang it I thought Bryan would knock the getting drunk scene out of the park and he just didn't. Bryan seemed to phone in this scene. I wonder if he is so pissed he decided not to even try to do a good job!

Love Stefano and Victor.

Maggie sneezing was lame.

Daniel and Chloe bored me.

I hope Kate plays with Stefano. Hell I hope she plays with EJ a bit too, evil, naughty sexy step mom could be interesting.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have no clue what happened to Bryan. Of course he was never some amazing actor but he usually was always able to have me feel for him but now he's just a mess, creatively and physically. Yikes!

One good thing I will say about this regime is the use of Maggie. Finally she's being treated as a character and not some fluff piece. It's so refreshing.
Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 22 2009, 02:27 PM
^ Tori, when you put it that way, it makes a whole lot more sense. Maybe this is a part of the catalyst for Nicole's forgiveness in EJ's eyes...EJ said it himself. The reason they were together in the beginning was for the pregnancy. She knew it. She has said it all along. And the reason she got in over her head when she miscarried.
So when the truth comes out, EJ will at least be able to understand what her mindset was.
Not like he ever did anything extreme to keep someone he loved. :)
I've been thinking this all along, and I'm surprised they actually had EJ come out and say that. It really seems like it would be much easier for him to forgive Nicole after everything he has been saying about how a father shouldn't be seperated from his child (he isn't), and now he's put the reason she got in so far in the first place right out there on the table. I don't really expect them to follow up with it, but I can totally see him siding with Nicole.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Amello
Sep 23 2009, 04:39 PM
I have no clue what happened to Bryan. Of course he was never some amazing actor but he usually was always able to have me feel for him but now he's just a mess, creatively and physically. Yikes!

One good thing I will say about this regime is the use of Maggie. Finally she's being treated as a character and not some fluff piece. It's so refreshing.
I hate Maggie's character still. She serves no purpose except to meddle in the lives of these teens ie. Mia, Melanie etc. She needs something more like a love life.

Deleted User
Deleted User

☼ Jinx ☼
Sep 23 2009, 07:54 PM
Amello

I hate Maggie's character still. She serves no purpose except to meddle in the lives of these teens ie. Mia, Melanie etc. She needs something more like a love life.
And now I hate you. Suzanne Rogers is a goddess.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Loved all the Stefano scenes and the Kate and Phillip stuff...I'm enjoying this week very much

Days4Life

Loved all the funny lines about the union of Stefano and Kate, especially Maggie's suggestion that they "honeymoon in North Korea". I also found it interesting how Philip was talking to Kate about what Stefano had done to HIM; how about what Kate did to CHLOE?

Poor Lucas. All of the stuff that imaginary Daniel, Chloe and Maggie were saying is what a lot of viewers have been saying, too. The writers need to give the guy a break and get him in some therapy to deal with his messed up life. What happened to all that cockiness and arrogance I used to love to hate about him? The women of Salem have totally emasculated Lucas.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Amello
Sep 23 2009, 09:12 PM
☼ Jinx ☼
Sep 23 2009, 07:54 PM
Amello

And now I hate you. Suzanne Rogers is a goddess.
I was talking about Maggie not Suzanne.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply