Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; 9/21 - 9/25
Topic Started: Sep 21 2009, 01:48 AM (6,399 Views)
aimees76
Member Avatar

Yay! Thanks Alligato :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Great show today. Danloe's engagement was beautiful, but the show is once again taking things too fast. Danloe has had to sneak around all this time, so why not have them interact for awhile as bf/gf out in public, instead of skipping that step and going straight from lovers to engaged?

IDK what came over me, but I actually enjoyed Lucas' scenes, and was 100% on his side, once he saw the light. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket just in case another once in a lifetime event happens today. He's getting help, taking responsibility, and he disowned Kate (hopefully for more than a week this time). Bravo, Lucas. Hope you keep the new-found outlook when you return.

The whole Roberts clan was good, today. It's weird the way Lucas and Philip have sort of switched their reactions to Kate. Lucas is usually the one making excuses for her. It's not that annoying when Phil does it though, because it's not a pattern with him, and hopefully it'll tie into a larger battle of the mothers with Kate and Vivian.

Even as a Brady fan, it's nice that someone pointed out to Brady that he has a habit of inserting himself into other people's private lives "for their own good." I like Arianna, and could like Brianna, but brianna was not solid enough for me to believe the two of them are that torn over each other. They had like one date. They should've been seeing each other for months when Victor broke them up, that way there could have been real longing, instead of the fake angst. ITA with those who don't see the original terethan spark. Brianna could be good in its own right, but not as a continuation, which is probably a good thing, on some level.

So EJ knows there's a secret. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out. Should be really good.
Edited by six, Sep 25 2009, 03:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I still can't believe I've watched all 5 weeks of shows this week..I haven't done this since Grace's death and before that Nicole's miscarriage last year..The show has really been great this week..The Stefano and Kate wedding was amazing and will be a moment I'll always remember as a Days fan...This is probably the most I've enjoyed Stefano, Kate and Victor in years...Also I'm loving Phillip...He is so much more interesting when he is acting with the vets as opposed to just Stephanie and Melanie..

Also I'm really enjoying Arianna now, it's amazing what a recast can do..And Eric Martsolf is so ridiculously sexy, i just love him as Brady.

Finally, great Lucas scenes today..

Cupcake06

I like Lindsay as Arianna. :) But I can see how it could be difficult to get into Brady and Arianna since they really never talk. They don't know anything about eachother. Why do they like eachother? I don't know.

I want Brady to go a few days without giving advice to anyone though.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Sep 24 2009, 09:36 PM
What is up with the blue streak in Koslow's hair? It is very distracting to me and sometimes its all I can focus on.
I asked that too a while back. A poster said it was in support of Adam Lambert/American Idol, she's also done the blue nailpolish too like AL IIRC as oppose to her usual black polish.

I wasnt expecting much from BD playing drunk, as far as I'm concerned I dont think too many have done much of a convincing job on soaps. However, the scene in Maggie kitchen with all the teens was good. I found myself cringing at what Lucas might say in his state and feeling embarassed for Will. Dylan Patton did well at the hospital when Lucas found out he was being sent away for rehab and Lucas putting his arm around Will when they were at the elevator was a nice touch.

It seems like the writers are poking fun at themselves with the whole "Tad, Chad, this is my dad" , "Sleeping Beauty", "she's underage", "Hot mess", etc. I found myself lol.

Thursdays trivia with Alison and James.... :dance: They still have it!

:peek: I'm bracing myself for some more of EJ's roid rage I see in the day ahead. :scared:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I miss LUMI too I liked them together in the beginning before writers started crapping on the character of Lucas.... :peek:

Alligato
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Sep 25 2009, 08:30 PM
:peek: I'm bracing myself for some more of EJ's roid rage I see in the day ahead. :scared:

No shit!
I thought he had a bit of roid rage with Stefano, then Monday's show, he is fulll on roid! Shit! I thought for sure someone would have told him that he is uber sexy, yet commanding and scary when he does understanded and mean as opposed to wild hands and throat grabbing. Oh well, must be his new thing!

And James and Ali were too precious this week. Loved their trivia scene.

Thought BD was pretty hot in the hosptial today, long hair and all. Maggie, Will, Sami and Phillip with him were a cute touch. He's still got some words for Kate, and I actually felt sorry for her. So glad Sami didn't get all childish and snippy with Chloe like she would have done before. Maturity suits Sami sometimes.

Daniel/Chloe proposal is jsut too soon for me. They have had to hide their whole relationship, and it isn't like they have dated or anything. Why not let them have some fun and get to know each other before jumping into another marriage for Chloe. Seems the girl needs to slow down with the marriages.
Stefano and Kate are just my favorite this week! So happy that they went there, and can't wait to see what happens and how it plays into things!

EJole was awesome, and I love how they have been hiding AZ's belly. See, AS? It really isn't that hard for the prop guys? JS was just SEX with his shirt open and the honey scene. It's been awhile since I have looked at him and melted. Glad they had a good sexy scene before all hell breaks loose and he goes bat shit again.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Just watching Friday's show:

LOVED Sami and Lucas. It was funny actually! Sami also looked gorgeous. I don't want this to be foreshadowing of these two linking up again though. But OMG is Lucas gonna leave Salem permamently? That would be like a dream come true. Classy exit in a limo, I must say! Very surprised that Lucas agreed to go ... I expected him to be totally relentless.

Phillip's scene was good with Kate, too. He really nailed it into her.

That engagement was lame! These two just reconnected ... way too rushed. Daniel's words were very nice though.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

OMG @ the ending!!!!! Loved EJ hearing that ... and the promo of EJ holding her head saying "you are lying to me"! This is too good. Can't wait to see her trying to cover this up.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Got all caught up on the week last night - how long has it been since I stayed up until 2AM watching back to back episodes of DAYS?? Ages. But I loved it! Somebody pinch me - this show is getting so damned good again!

I loved every single bit of Stefate. From their chess match, to Kate finding out what her payment would be, the lead up to the wedding and the wedding itself, and the aftermath. It was awesome. Well written and brilliantly acted. At one point just before the wedding began Stefano and Kate were standing side by side and Victor stuck his head in between them with some snarky comment and a shit eating grin - I thought I should almost freeze frame it because the three of them are the reason I was loving the show so much this week. It was fantastic to see them all being showcased - and proves they should be much more often. Here's hoping this is a sign of things to come.

I thought Lexie was hilarious with the wedding stuff - and looked gorgeous. I only wish the writers would make a choice - either she loves her father and worries about him and frets over him - or she hates his freaking guts and can't stand to be anywhere near him. I find it hard to know which Lexie we're going to see from day to day. It rather cracked me up that she was railing about how Kate should be in jail for what she did to Chloe and Daniel...and it was just a few short months ago that she knows her father tried to have Kate's son killed...twice. Abe refusing to stand up for them at the wedding for fear of political suicide was pretty funny, though.

I actually didn't mind EJole this week...admittedly that's probably because I know they are finally about to implode - so I was able to just sit back and enjoy the pretty. But I will say - the lingerie they had Nicole come out to seduce EJ in was ridiculous looking. I know they are covering up Ari's baby belly - but COME ON!!! Nicole is a striking, sexy woman - I can't imagine she would ever put on something that makes her look like one of the Fruit of the Loom grapes. :shame: The "Come here...I want to unwrap you" line was cute, though. And shit...I can't blame EJ. I would have wanted to get that tragedy off of her, too. But naturally my absolutely favorite EJole moment was the preview for Monday's show. :D

I felt really bad for Will when Lucas came stumbling in to Maggie's kitchen. And kudos to the writers for having Chad step up to the plate and be a good guy trying to help. Nicely done. I was disappointed in BD's performance during the drunken scenes - I've certainly seen him do a better job. But I did think he did a nice job on Friday. The Lumi scene was very, very good. I've always enjoyed their friendship. I love the writers made it clear there is a strong connection between them built on all the years they've been in each other's lives - but I also liked that they didn't throw in any weird sort of longing looks or insinuation that they are longing for each other romantically. It was all about Sami supporting Lucas and getting him to see that he needs help - and him listening to her and agreeing for the sake of their kids. I was also surprised that I was pretty moved by the goodbye scene between Chloe and Lucas. Is it me - or has Nadia B really started stepping it up a notch? Who knew being in a coma could have such a positive impact.

Anyone else find it odd that we had that huge scene between Bope on Monday - and then didn't see them at all the rest of the week? I know they have some big stuff coming up so I don't think it's an indication of anything other than they just have a ton of great stories playing out right now and don't have room for everything. And when was the last time that was the case? Amazing...

Oh...and speaking of comas...can we please keep Rafe in one? Seriously? I mean, I know it's hard to tell the difference most days anyway - but he was impressing the hell out of me this week. The way he slid down that wall so slowly and dramatically at Sami's...bravo. But I will say I was chuckling at the fact that Sami was sitting not 10 feet away from him and didn't pick up the slightest vibe that anything was amiss. One would think if their soul mate were in such dire straights and right near by something might prick the awareness. Guess not. :huh:

Overall GREAT shows this week. And I can't wait to see what's next! :popcorn:

Edited to add: Holy crap! How could I almost forget?? Favorite thing all week? The EJami trivia spot. :wub: :wub2: :wub: :wub2:
Edited by SocRMum1, Sep 26 2009, 09:47 AM.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I must say I loved all the Steffy/Kate stuff. JM and LK are wonderful together. The wedding was divinely ironic and sad. And kudos to JA for adding the comic relief. He was a hoot. Kate was so tortured about it all but I think it is a fit punishment for her. The tears when Philip showed up made me feel a bit sad for her. But I loved how the writers added the compassionate treatment of Theo by Kate. LK has always had the ability to show Kate in those soft moments and make them perfectly believable. She is a villainess with a heart-at times. Maggie's cold disdain for the happy couple was perfect, as was Lexie's "did my voice carry?" LOL.

When the heck is JKJ going to get a haircut? We have been through this with JS. The shaggy, plastered down hair is just not a good look. To me, a bad guy or semi-bad guy is more intriguing when he looks like an angel. I don't have to see the trite greasy goombah to understand the character is not a hero or may be in a bad place currently. Show the pretty please!

Speaking of JS, wow. He looks so built. Someone has been eating and working out. Hopefully the pink belt has been banished from the wardrobe. It was hideous. Loved the AS/JS Days trivia too. Most of those spots are better than any of the silly promos the show does.

Had to add this cap. One of my favorite Victor moments from Thursday. "They do seem to be a bit hostile" lolol
Posted Image
Edited by pspcindy, Sep 26 2009, 11:04 AM.

Days4Life

SocRMum1
Sep 26 2009, 08:53 AM
Overall GREAT shows this week. And I can't wait to see what's next! :popcorn:

Edited to add: Holy crap! How could I almost forget?? Favorite thing all week? The EJami trivia spot. :wub: :wub2: :wub: :wub2:

I agree about this week; good shows and I'm looking forward to what's coming up. Especially since I don't really know, as I'm staying away from spoilers. I know about the returns but not what the stories are going to be.

I meant to comment about the EJ and Sami trivia segment myself, as it's the first time in a couple years that I've seen the chemistry that made them so sizzling hot at the beginning. What a lost opportunity!
Edited by Days4Life, Sep 26 2009, 11:04 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

pspcindy
Sep 26 2009, 10:53 AM
I must say I loved all the Steffy/Kate stuff. JM and LK are wonderful together. The wedding was divinely ironic and sad. And kudos to JA for adding the comic relief. He was a hoot. Kate was so tortured about it all but I think it is a fit punishment for her. The tears when Philip showed up made me feel a bit sad for her. But I loved how the writers added the compassionate treatment of Theo by Kate. LK has always had the ability to show Kate in those soft moments and make them perfectly believable. She is a villainess with a heart-at times. Maggie's cold disdain for the happy couple was perfect, as was Lexie's "did my voice carry?" LOL.

When the heck is JKJ going to get a haircut? We have been through this with JS. The shaggy, plastered down hair is just not a good look. To me, a bad guy or semi-bad guy is more intriguing when he looks like an angel. I don't have to see the trite greasy goombah to understand the character is not a hero or may be in a bad place currently. Show the pretty please!

Speaking of JS, wow. He looks so built. Someone has been eating and working out. Hopefully the pink belt has been banished from the wardrobe. It was hideous. Loved the AS/JS Days trivia too. Most of those spots are better than any of the silly promos the show does.

Had to add this cap. One of my favorite Victor moments from Thursday. "They do seem to be a bit hostile" lolol
Posted Image
That is exactly the moment I was talking about with the three of them, Cindy! Absolutely classic! :applause:

Mason
Member Avatar

I absolutely love Stefano and Kate. To my surprise, the show is actually doing a good job of showing how marrying Stefano is an act of complete desperation and a last resort for Kate.

I also like the friendship between Hope and Justin. I just hope the writers don't go the predictable route and have it turn into anything more.

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, thank God! The real DAYS opening is back!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Sep 26 2009, 09:40 PM
I was wondering why barely anyone seemed to notice.

It came back Wednesday and the best part is the show brought it back while also keeping the trivia. It seems they shortened the "Next on Days" previews at the end of the show to be able to have the opening and trivia. I'm very pleased. I just hope they never mess with the opening again.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

After finishing up Fri's eppy I have to say this week was great all 5 shows, not sure I can say that since Grace's death.

As for the preview for Monday, I am ready for Nicole to finally get caught with all her schemes and lies.

Best part, it's
Spoiler: click to toggle

shawndbrady1981

the scenes with sami and brady were really touching and as wrong as it could besince their were or are step sibllings i think a sami and brady pairing could be in the works..there not blood related or anything...am i right..i mean we have abby/max and chelsea/max..so what would be wrong with sami and brady theyd make a great couple....what a way to make ej and brady more of enemies, and sami and nicole enemies again. i don t like this whole fake freindship thing, although it wont last long when sami finds out..maybe nicole and ej can set there differences aside and work together to break up or keep apart brady and sami.,,,

im about to faint from the waiting to see carly..and vivian i dont care how good the story goes im just glad familiar faces are coming back and its shaping into the old days.. i get why they made hope be so annoying lately, its so we or some could feel some sympathy for carlys return and hope they pair up which we all know they wont cuz its what we expect...but i do wish hope would run off with someone else. i love bo and i love hope, but together, storyline wise, they are never in synch for me... im rooting for justin and hope......

id also love for beth ehlers who has been fired from amc to come on as jennifer horton to help her cousin hope through this time and maybe set her up with someone else!

soccerandtvgirl

shawndbrady1981
Sep 27 2009, 12:42 AM
the scenes with sami and brady were really touching and as wrong as it could besince their were or are step sibllings i think a sami and brady pairing could be in the works..there not blood related or anything...am i right..i mean we have abby/max and chelsea/max..so what would be wrong with sami and brady theyd make a great couple....what a way to make ej and brady more of enemies, and sami and nicole enemies again. i don t like this whole fake freindship thing, although it wont last long when sami finds out..maybe nicole and ej can set there differences aside and work together to break up or keep apart brady and sami.,,,

im about to faint from the waiting to see carly..and vivian i dont care how good the story goes im just glad familiar faces are coming back and its shaping into the old days.. i get why they made hope be so annoying lately, its so we or some could feel some sympathy for carlys return and hope they pair up which we all know they wont cuz its what we expect...but i do wish hope would run off with someone else. i love bo and i love hope, but together, storyline wise, they are never in synch for me... im rooting for justin and hope......

id also love for beth ehlers who has been fired from amc to come on as jennifer horton to help her cousin hope through this time and maybe set her up with someone else!
Eww..Sami and Brady. They aren't just step-sibling-they are second cousins! Remember Brady's dad, John, is the son of Colleen Brady (Shawn Brady's sister) who is Sami's great-aunt so it's not even an aunt by marriage.

But if they aren't related it would be interesting but no, I do draw the line at incest.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

PhoenixRising05
Sep 26 2009, 11:43 PM
Mason
Sep 26 2009, 09:40 PM
I was wondering why barely anyone seemed to notice.

It came back Wednesday and the best part is the show brought it back while also keeping the trivia. It seems they shortened the "Next on Days" previews at the end of the show to be able to have the opening and trivia. I'm very pleased. I just hope they never mess with the opening again.
I didn't even notice the opening was back to normal because I only watch DAYS live once or twice a month and always FF the opening.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply