Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Cover and Preview, 10/6 issue
Topic Started: Sep 22 2009, 10:58 AM (3,082 Views)
Ellie

Posted Image

LATE-BREAKING NEWS
Kay on WORLD TURNS Return
Muhney Departure Hoax
DAYS: EJ Learns the Truth
GH's Claudia Learns Dom Is Dante
Colleen Dies on Y&R
OLTL: Jared Is Connected to the Stalker
ATWT: Craig and Rosanna Have Sex
B&B's Bill to Katie: I Love You!

HOT PLOTS PREVIEW!
GH: "Spixie": They Don't
AMC: The End for "JaManda"?
OLTL: Todd and Tea Tie the Knot
DAYS: Chad Learns the Truth!

EDITORS' CHOICE: End Game, GL
PERFORMER OF THE WEEK: Doug Davidson (Paul, Y&R)

FEATURE INTERVIEWS: Jacob Young, Crystal Chappell, Lesley-Anne Down

Source: SON
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Thank you Ellie!!!!

baybeefaat

*sigh* thanks.

curlygirl
Member Avatar

Ugh....and there it is! Geesh, thanks for the update :wave: , but I'll be checking out of this crap :shame:

Lisbeth Salander
Member Avatar

Thanks

So, the :frownie: dreaded kid-napping starts. :redface: I am so not looking forward to this.

JaiJai
Member Avatar

I'm about to cry, it's just way too much tragedy back to back and I don't know what these writers are thinking because I don't know ANYBODY that wants to see this shit play out. So far since May NOTHING that has been written has been any good. It's just been really bad plot point after plot point, no consistent, heartfelt, well thought out story has been told. Maybe if had been written well from the beginning I would be more willing to watch it but this has been such blatant Emmy pandering, it has nothing to do with giving the fans a good story. And another thing, this "Adam's cruelest plot ever", Adam isn't even a good villain. I could understand if it was Sheila, Jack, Victor or somebody worthy, but his angle makes absolutely no sense. I don't understand what he hopes to gain from all of this, what is his end that justifies his means.
Edited by JaiJai, Sep 22 2009, 12:09 PM.

mll1206
Member Avatar

just try to remember that we are not watching Daytime Comedy, it is called Daytime DRAMA for a reason.

let's see if SC can do some actual acting with the coming scenes, we know she does the snotty nose crying well, but she needs to prove to alot of people that she can actual act!

JaiJai
Member Avatar

mll1206
Sep 22 2009, 12:14 PM
just try to remember that we are not watching Daytime Comedy, it is called Daytime DRAMA for a reason.

let's see if SC can do some actual acting with the coming scenes, we know she does the snotty nose crying well, but she needs to prove to alot of people that she can actual act!

SC doesn't have to prove a damn thing to anybody. Everyone knows she can act, others can deny her ability, but her works speaks for itself and it says volumes about her acting ability. She's been front burner for 15 years, she doesn't need to prove or justify a thing. If they wanted to change Sharon's character this was a totally unnecessary way to do it. So of course we're going to see her cry more, SC is the best crier in the business, she can cry at the drop of a hat. It would've been more fun and challenging to see Sharon get more aggressive, bitchier, and no nonsense, instead of taking her 3rd daughter away from her and making her think she's lost yet another child.

MEK
Member Avatar

Drama does not mean preposterous sick over the top garbage. As for Sharon Case in the Cassie story line she proved that she can act beautifully if given the right material. It is sickening that Nick and Sharon will be grieving for a third child they lost while that nutcase Ashley is drooling over her new baby and that horrible old geezer who is responible for Colleen's death not only gets her heart but now thinks he has another child.

One of the many problems Y&R has these days is that characters like Victor and Adam get away with doing the vilest things but they end up even being rewarded. That is what is turning off so many viewers even more so than the preposterous revolting happenings themselves.

MEK
Member Avatar

JaiJai
Sep 22 2009, 12:34 PM
mll1206

SC doesn't have to prove a damn thing to anybody. Everyone knows she can act, others can deny her ability, but her works speaks for itself and it says volumes about her acting ability. She's been front burner for 15 years, she doesn't need to prove or justify a thing. If they wanted to change Sharon's character this was a totally unnecessary way to do it. So of course we're going to see her cry more, SC is the best crier in the business, she can cry at the drop of a hat. It would've been more fun and challenging to see Sharon get more aggressive, bitchier, and no nonsense, instead of taking her 3rd daughter away from her and making her think she's lost yet another child.
TV Guide magazine called Melody Thomas Scott the best crier in the business and I agree. But aside from that caveat I agree with all you said. Sharon Case has proved on numerous occasions that she is a fine actress. The ones who need to prove themselves are the writers. They need to prove they can come up with a decent story line instead of the consistent garbage we have been getting in the last year. MAB is worse than LML and that is saying alot.

JaiJai
Member Avatar

MEK
Sep 22 2009, 12:40 PM
JaiJai
Sep 22 2009, 12:34 PM
mll1206

TV Guide magazine called Melody Thomas Scott the best crier in the business and I agree. But aside from that caveat I agree with all you said. Sharon Case has proved on numerous occasions that she is a fine actress. The ones who need to prove themselves are the writers. They need to prove they can come up with a decent story line instead of the consistent garbage we have been getting in the last year. MAB is worse than LML and that is saying alot.
ICAM, the writers are the ones that need to prove to the audience that they are worthy of the number one spot. What I've seen so far they don't desrve a thing. I'm sick of the plot driven nonsense, these writers have yet to tell a story. For months it's just been a series of disjointed events that have occurred and none of it makes sense. The character assassinations, changing history, nonsensical twists that go nowhere, and what are we left with? Not a damn thing. This is not quality television, this is not even drama. I just feel they're only trying to go for shock and awe and it's going absolutely nowhere.

Estrelita

ewww! Gross!!! If I didn't know better, I would think that Young and Restless was bending over backwards in a mad rush to become the next show which is cancelled! It has been just one psycho plot after another for months on end now! Katherine and Murphy were once a bright spot on the show - but they have been on the back burner for months. Mac is like watching paint dry. Chloe and Esther only make token appearances. The Sharon+Nick+Phyllis stuff has been nothing but deadly dull repeats for months. Another go-round of Nikki and Victor? Been there - done that. THAT ship has sailed. Time to get over it and move forward. Lily's cancer story is just one more poorly done soap attempt at being "relevant!" About the only GOOD thing which has happened on Y&R for months is that Tyra and Ana finally took a hike. Unfortunately, Neil seems to have disappeared right along with them! I have personally washed my hands on Y&R. I tuned out when they hustled Lily into the "cancer" story. Don't plan to go back until that, at least, is over and done with!

mll1206
Member Avatar

sorry to have to be the one to break the news to you, but this is not 2005, and SC has to prove to PR, HS and MAB that she has the acting chops to carry this storyline, the last one they handed to her on a silver platter sunk like the Titantic! PR has a high standard, and SC's contract is coming up for renewal and don't forget that all actors are being asked to take a pay cut......maybe that career on Hallmark is smelling pretty good to SC right now!!!

I guess none of you were around in the good old days of the 60's and 70's for soap operas??? There was NO comedy, there was no Happy time, it was mostly ALL Angst and trials and tribulations, of course the women on soaps were all stay at home Mom's who worried abotu the kids and if dinner would be ready and on the table when the man of the house walked in from a hard day's work!!! Baby switching is nothing new!! and it will not be the last time it is done on a soap!! At least they did not kill the kid off!! Still waiting for the kid to be proven to have Abbott DNA!!! you know it is coming!!! that twist MAB talked about all those months ago!!!

JaiJai
Member Avatar

mll1206
Sep 22 2009, 02:36 PM
sorry to have to be the one to break the news to you, but this is not 2005, and SC has to prove to PR, HS and MAB that she has the acting chops to carry this storyline, the last one they handed to her on a silver platter sunk like the Titantic! PR has a high standard, and SC's contract is coming up for renewal and don't forget that all actors are being asked to take a pay cut......maybe that career on Hallmark is smelling pretty good to SC right now!!!

I guess none of you were around in the good old days of the 60's and 70's for soap operas??? There was NO comedy, there was no Happy time, it was mostly ALL Angst and trials and tribulations, of course the women on soaps were all stay at home Mom's who worried abotu the kids and if dinner would be ready and on the table when the man of the house walked in from a hard day's work!!! Baby switching is nothing new!! and it will not be the last time it is done on a soap!! At least they did not kill the kid off!! Still waiting for the kid to be proven to have Abbott DNA!!! you know it is coming!!! that twist MAB talked about all those months ago!!!
I just find it hilarious that SC has to prove her acting skills to some hack writers that are destroying the show. What did they hand her on a silver platter? Her breakdown s/l? SC did great with that, she was getting accolades, even Nelson Branco was saying she gave an Emmy worthy performance. Then all of a sudden it stopped being about her breakdown and turning it into all kinds of plot driven nonsense. The 3-way WTD, the stealing, the affair with Billy, and so on and NOTHING came from it. That wasn't SC's fault, that was the writers choosing NOT to tell a consistent story and going for shock value. I read from so many people that really wanted to delve into Sharon's psyche and explore her past, it was the writers that created a history for Sharon's breakdown and didn't follow through on it. You're right I hope Hallmark works out for SC and leads to other things, because Y&R is a sinking ship and it's because of these people she supposedly needs to "prove" herself to.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

This sucks.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Y&R is such trash and a complete plot driven mess. Ashley and sahron's pregnancies don;t even match up time-wise. But these hacks have retconned that like so many other things.

Y&R is in shambles creatively. It's too bad those writing this show are in denial and refuse to see the error of their ways.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Quote:

Are you for real? SC doesn't have to prove to anyone that she can act! If they didn't think she could act and act very well would she be front burnered the way she has been? Seems to be that since MAB and HS have been around SC has had story after story no back burner in sight. Seems to me they like her acting just fine or else they wouldn't have her on screen everyday! If any storyline that SC is in sinks like the titantic just maybe it's the writing that sucks and not the acting did you ever think of that? Seriously your remarks about SC are out of line all the time but I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point :eyeroll:

All I know is that this show is going even further and further downhill. Everyone knew that Sharon and Ashley would have a baby switch as soon as both mentkioned being due around the same time (how they are though I have no idea!).

By the way there is good drama without the crap they are showing on Y&R these days.

JaiJai
Member Avatar

There was never a 3 way WTD, Sharon has been pregnant since February. The writers blew the WTD out of the water when they had Nick tell Victor Sharon was due around the same time as Ashley. Ashley announced her pregnancy in March and Sharon and Nick first had sex in February, so Sharon has been pregnant this whole time.

mll1206
Member Avatar

I am personally looking forward to seeing if SC can pull it off!!! I don't think she can, too much head bobbing and eye bugging emoting for my taste!!! but again that is my opinion

I am also looking forward to see just how DARK Michael Muhney is going to be taking Adam, Adam is more like the original Victor Newman (the feeding of dead rats to his wifes lover!!), so far he is kicking ass in his version of Adam Newman!!!! give the guy kudos, he knows how to act!!!! I wonder who they will pair him with next since Vail is off contract and pregnant!!

PR and HS have vested seniority in the business, they would not have lasted this long if they did not know what they are doing.

What happened to the EL chant "MAB is righting the wrong!!!!" she sure did, she ditched SHICK in favor of PHICK!!!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

WTF?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply