Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R Rumor: Cole Howard coming back?
Topic Started: Sep 22 2009, 01:16 PM (1,830 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I just read over at Genoa City News, that Cole Howard :sleep: would be returning as the new DA and he and Victoria would be an item again.
Anyone hear anything about this?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

baybeefaat

they really shouldnt be forcing AH onto anyone.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I could see this if AH and Thad left.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I wouldnt mind Cole being back, but when wasnt he a writer?

DeeDee
RIP GL

....Kyle XY was canceled.
Edited by DeeDee, Sep 22 2009, 01:47 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Cole was a writer, that's why I'm questioning the rumor, it seems like a giant leap from writer to DA.
I've heard that AH is leaving, Someone named Bruan? Is taking her place.

AmyJo

Sammie Jo
Sep 22 2009, 01:16 PM
I just read over at Genoa City News, that Cole Howard :sleep: would be returning as the new DA and he and Victoria would be an item again.
Anyone hear anything about this?
Would J. Eddie Peck be playing the role again? Haven't seen him on anything since he left AMC several years ago. What happened to him anyway? Anyone know?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I guess he's been in law school! ;)
They didn't say, just said that Cole Howard might be returning.
"Cole Howard reportedly coming back as the new district attorney. That's the word on the street as Victoria and J.T. Helstrom part company, leaving Victoria to take up with with one of her former husbands, like so many other women in this town do"

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

So MAB can ruin another former character? No thanks. Although I found Cole to be incredibly boring.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I dont see a need for Cole, plus why would he need to be a DA? Why would we even need a DA regular when we have Heather as the face of law and order? There are 1000 reasons he could be coming back to CG that would make sense. maybe he's helping with Nina's movie, or maybe a teaching job at the university.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I LOATHED the wooden and boring Cole! I hope this rumor isn't true!

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

I'm starting a campaign "NO MORE RETURNS!" for Y&R. I'm sick of this...

1.) The cast is stuffed as it is already.

2.)No characters should return to this show until the four horsemen are out of a job (Hamner, Bell, Shaffer, and Rauch). Until then, they'll just keep bringing characters back and ruining them.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

i dont think the show's full at all. There are plenty that could get the axe to make way for interesting people.

Michael Baldwin is the first on my list.

curlygirl
Member Avatar

I actually liked Eddie Peck as Cole, when he was with Heather, I don't think AH and EP can keep me interested :o

But, hey, if Y&R is bringing back old characters, maybe there is some symbolance of hope that the show is trying to get back to "the way they were".....who knows :shrug:

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

The show is NOT full. Honestly, we NEED new characters to keep things fresh and interesting. It gets tiring seeing the same characters play the same stuff. However, Y&R needs to utilize its cast better. MAB did a fantastic job mid-way through her run (up to now I mean), but now she sucks at it. There are several dead weights currently on the canvas, but even then most can be easily solved with a) better direction b) re-cast.

ETA: I'm not saying Y&R needs an influx of new characters now. Right now I think it's pretty decent, but I'd give anything to see Alex Donnelly back as Diane Jenkins. SIGH.
Edited by MTSRocks, Sep 22 2009, 06:06 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

How is the cast not full? It's has the biggest cast in daytime and is one of the biggest pieces of shit in soap history. New characters would make the show even worse.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Its totally not full. There are plenty of dead weights to cut to pay for some new people. Heinle, LeBlanc, Bregman (unless the real Lauren wants to come back), Luckinbill, and St John just to start.

But J Eddie Peck isnt what the show needs. New blood. Like say - a black Victor Newman and his social climbing sassy wife thats really an amnesiac named Drusilla?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Sep 22 2009, 09:30 PM
Its totally not full. There are plenty of dead weights to cut to pay for some new people. Heinle, LeBlanc, Bregman (unless the real Lauren wants to come back), Luckinbill, and St John just to start.

But J Eddie Peck isnt what the show needs. New blood. Like say - a black Victor Newman and his social climbing sassy wife thats really an amnesiac named Drusilla?
I would agree with you if they actually got rid of the dead weight. But they're not so I'm right and you're wrong.
Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Amello
Sep 22 2009, 09:34 PM
Drew
Sep 22 2009, 09:30 PM

I would agree with you if they actually got rid of the dead weight. But they're not so I'm right and you're wrong.
Agreed.

They can't even use what they have now, and to bring in more people without getting rid of some would be stupid.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think Lauren should go back to B&B anyway. Hopefully Deacon will be gone soon.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply