Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: EJ learns the truth!; Oct 6th issues; Article Summaries
Topic Started: Sep 23 2009, 12:56 PM (5,044 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features interviews with James Scott and Ari Zucker.

Last week, EJ answered Nicole's phone and heard Brady say, "The secret is out." Now EJ is wondering what secret this refers to. He asks Nicole, but she doesn't give him the information he's looking for. Ari Zucker says that Nicole "throws Brady under the bus". Nicole tells EJ that Brady is on drugs again and that's he's not saying rational things because of it.

EJ doesn't believe Nicole, so he tells her that they should talk to Brady. They leave Paris and return to Salem. Nicole meets Brady in the park so that she can ask him to back up her story. However, EJ asks his employee Marco to follow Nicole. James Scott says, "Marco records the conversation that [Nicole] and Brady have, and this is going to turn out to be the beginning of their undoing."

In the course of Nicole's conversation with Brady, Nicole mentions her miscarriage. EJ listens to the tape over and over, and then Nicole walks in with Brady. Brady tells EJ that he's back on cocaine, and as James Scott says, "EJ lets [Nicole] dig herself into a big hole." James Scott says that EJ is both angry and hurt. "He's a bunch of things," says Scott. "Anger is not the first. He's very upset, very betrayed."

EJ pulls out pregnancy padding he found. Nicole tells him she doesn't know what it is, and she asks him where he got it. Nicole tells EJ that women buy padding like that to help their clothes fit in the second and third trimester.

Then, EJ pulls out the tape. Nicole tells EJ that that was a private conversation, and then she says that the miscarriage refers to a miscarriage she had a few years back. But then, EJ tells Nicole that she lied to him.

SOD ends by asking, Will Nicole come clean??

**UPDATE FROM SOW**

EJ Learns Nicole Miscarried

EJ uncovers that Nicole had a miscarriage and kept it from him. It all starts while EJ and Nicole are in Paris and Brady calls. He is trying to get hold of Nicole to tell her Chad found out about Mia's baby. It's a bad connection and Brady thinks Nicole is on the phone. He says "If you can hear me, the secret is out."

EJ actually answers the phone. He is stunned and full of questions for Nicole. Nicole conjures up another lie. "Nicole kind of throws Brady under the bus, chuckles AZ. She spins a tale about Brady have love life problems, falling off the wagon and doing drugs again. EJ isn't buying it at all and is skeptical and over Nicole.

EJ insists on knowing the truth and says they are cutting the honeymoon short and heading home so he can confront Brady. They fly back to Salem and Nicole sneaks off to meet Brady and asks him to corroborate her story that he called her in Paris because he is using again.

"Brady's like, 'Do you have any idea what this will do to my family?' My grandfather will never forgive me. I'll be fired,'" recounts AZ. "Nicole says, 'Your family will forgive you. What about me?'". She goes on about her life being ruined and being run out of town if EJ learns of the miscarriage. She is desperate for Brady's help.

Eventually Brady agrees to lie for Nicole. Little do they know that a DiMera minion is recording their whole conversation. He later plays the tape for EJ who is stunned to hear Nicole mention a miscarriage. Nicole returns home and takes Brady with her. Brady explains why he called in Paris, but EJ couldn't care less. He tells him to get out.

Alone with Nicole, EJ confronts her about her lies and plays the recording of her and Brady. "EJ's angry and upset," says AZ. "It's good stuff for him, because he doesn't look like the village idiot anymore."

But not so good for Nicole, who's caught. Yet, she still tries to get out of it. She tells EJ she did have a miscarriage, but it didn't have anything to do with him. It happened years ago and wasn't his baby.

EJ remains unconvinced and asks his wife point-blank if their child died that night in the clinic. "Nicole swears that she delievered their baby," says Zucker, pointing out that her character "is a survivor. She will do anything to survive. If it means continuining lie after lie, she'll do it. Nicole is in love with EJ and absolutely loves Sydney. She'll do anything to protect her marriage and that baby. She also knows if the truth ever comes out, she's going to jail for the rest of her life."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Thanks, Ellie!

Is anyone else as underwhelmed by this as me? And I had pretty low expectations as it was.

Tori

Thanks Ellie!

The actors can't even make this sound interesting. I think they beat this storyline to death and it's too late to revive it. Man the pacing of the storylines on this show SUCKS!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

It sounds like this is just the beginning of the end for EJole. It does sound a bit underwhelming - but I'll wait to see the scenes play out before I'll know for certain.

I will say - WTF is wrong with Brady? I mean, honestly - going to EJ and telling him he's back on drugs in order to cover for Nicole??? That woman seriously needs to get her head out of her arse and take a good look at things - EJ has never treated her much better than he treats the DiMera servant staff and Brady is basically willing to turn his life upside down for her.

Of course...that might change once the entire truth comes out - but in this part of the story it's clear which of these men Nicole should be with.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

I'm thrilled it's the beginning of the end. It feels like this storyline has dragged on forever. :drunk:

Good for EJ for finally getting a clue that something is amiss, but really he should have had these suspicions, and had Nicole followed, months ago. And why the hell did Nicole save the pregnancy pad? In case EJ wanted a little brother or sister for Sydney?

daysfan
Member Avatar

I actually really like this. Maybe its just my excitement about this drug out story coming to an end, though.

But I can't believe Nicole would go so far to tell EJ that Brady was back on drugs. I know she's desperate to keep Sydney and all but like damn, how heartless.

I LOVE EJ just letting Nicole lie for awhile and dig herself into a hole though. That was my favorite part of this whole article.

Thank you, Ellie! :)

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I agree, what is the POINT of saving the padding, lol? That makes zero sense. Why didn't they do that six months ago: have him ask her about and her tell him it's for clothes-fitting purposes or whatever and then EJ could have just had a flashback to it?

Also hilarious that Nicole's all, you can't believe a word that man says, he's obviously high. ROFL!

This actually sounds pretty entertaining. Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

My girl's slipping!LOL

When I read this, I was laughing at all the lies Nicole's trying to say in front of EJ in order to convince him. Come on Nicole- you should have thrown that padding in the trash!

I'm looking forward to the reveal! EJ is in love with Nicole so much that he is going to re-assess his choice in women!

I think he can forgive her!

Thanks for typing this up!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

It's not the greatest, but I'll wait for it to play out. All they have to do to make me happy is have EJ somehow relate this to his own conception story, with Kristen and the pregnancy pad and if he's embracing the Dimeras he can't be all that mad about it.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

So there is hope that EJ's brain still functions. I like that. He is on a slow simmer while he is looking for answers on his own. He now knows for sure that he cannot trust anything that liar says. The kissoff when it comes should be huge. I would prefer that he is cold and detached while he destroys all hope in this woman. But we have to wait for that I guess. Stringing out the reveal is tedious as this has drug out for so long.

Someone's going to feel pretty stupid when he finds out everything but that's what happens when you go for the easy lay. Punishment comes in all kinds of ways.

I guess brilliant Nicole forgot her rubber baby belly. Or else she had it tucked away for future baby scams. The scene where EJ finds it might be pretty funny.

Alligato
Member Avatar

This sounds way too draggy. I guess so it has Nicole digging herself deeper, but come on...dragging Brady into this? Probably will hurt Ej more knowing that Nicole had Brady on her side this whole time. And him backing up such a big lie about using cocaine shows that Brady is still into Nicole big time! Hmm...

It would be awesome if it ties into EJ's own conception with the faking pregnancy...maybe Stefano can fill Ej in on that story.
I love that we are finally getting an answer, and can't wait to see what EJ will do.

if the trip to Paris is so short lived, why did they even go all that way? What was the point of Paris?
Thanks for sharing!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I think this sounds alright. Why the heck would she keep the pregnancy padding though? I didn't think that would come into play again.

Thanks Ellie!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It's a crime that it's taken EJ almost a whole year to uncover the truth. Some character you just can't dupe and EJ should be one of them considering how many people he's duped in the past. Sami is the other character, if anyone cares to know.

Anyway, I'm just glad that it seems to be ending soon. I'm so ready for this storyline to end. I just don't know what I want to happen afterwards. I definitely want Nicole to leave town to hide from EJ's wrath and I think that's what will happen to explain Arianne Zucker's maternity leave. But what will they do with EJ? I don't know if I'm ready for another triangle with Sami in the middle. And I don't think EJ would instantly fall in love with Sami again either. She still lied to him about Grace, even if the baby wasn't really theirs. He can't forgive her for that anytime soon.

Here's the story I would like to see: Nicole leaves town to get away from EJ. Sami and Rafe get back together. Sami wants to get to know Sydney, but EJ is still furious with her about Grace so he forbids it. A custody battle then occurs, and EJ works the judge to rule in his favor. EJ does this just to hurt Sami, but then he starts to remember the feelings he has for Sami and he wants to be with her. However, EJ tells Sami that the only way she can see Sydney is if she leaves Rafe and marries him. Then you would have Sami torn between her love for her child, and the love for the man she loves (Rafe).

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 23 2009, 02:06 PM
This sounds way too draggy. I guess so it has Nicole digging herself deeper, but come on...dragging Brady into this? Probably will hurt Ej more knowing that Nicole had Brady on her side this whole time. And him backing up such a big lie about using cocaine shows that Brady is still into Nicole big time! Hmm...

It would be awesome if it ties into EJ's own conception with the faking pregnancy...maybe Stefano can fill Ej in on that story.
I love that we are finally getting an answer, and can't wait to see what EJ will do.

if the trip to Paris is so short lived, why did they even go all that way? What was the point of Paris?
Thanks for sharing!
Maybe it's actually Kristen's pregnancy padding, not Nicole's. LOL. I've never heard the term "pregnancy padding" so many times in my life.

daysfan
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2009, 02:07 PM
It's a crime that it's taken EJ almost a whole year to uncover the truth. Some character you just can't dupe and EJ should be one of them considering how many people he's duped in the past. Sami is the other character, if anyone cares to know.

Anyway, I'm just glad that it seems to be ending soon. I'm so ready for this storyline to end. I just don't know what I want to happen afterwards. I definitely want Nicole to leave town to hide from EJ's wrath and I think that's what will happen to explain Arianne Zucker's maternity leave. But what will they do with EJ? I don't know if I'm ready for another triangle with Sami in the middle. And I don't think EJ would instantly fall in love with Sami again either. She still lied to him about Grace, even if the baby wasn't really theirs. He can't forgive her for that anytime soon.

Here's the story I would like to see: Nicole leaves town to get away from EJ. Sami and Rafe get back together. Sami wants to get to know Sydney, but EJ is still furious with her about Grace so he forbids it. A custody battle then occurs, and EJ works the judge to rule in his favor. EJ does this just to hurt Sami, but then he starts to remember the feelings he has for Sami and he wants to be with her. However, EJ tells Sami that the only way she can see Sydney is if she leaves Rafe and marries him. Then you would have Sami torn between her love for her child, and the love for the man she loves (Rafe).
Hmm...IMO, the ending of that would be a tad too similar to Lucas/Sami/EJ a couple years ago.

But, I do agree with alot of that. I'm not sure what I want to happen with everyone, either. On one hand, I would sorta like to see Days take another stab at EJami...its been awhile, and if written right, they have potential. But at the same time, for Sami, I think its obvious that Rafe is the end game.

EJ and Nicole are obviously over for good. I think I want to see a Nicole/Brady/Arianna triangle. I have LOVED what little we've gotten of Bricole with Zucker and Martsolf.

As for EJ...I honestly don't know. A part of me would like to see him just end up alone for awhile and despising EVERYONE around him for decieving him...because pretty much everybody has.

Paxton
Member Avatar

daysfan
Sep 23 2009, 02:10 PM
On one hand, I would sorta like to see Days take another stab at EJami...its been awhile, and if written right, they have potential.
Lord preserve me . . . no, thanks. I can deal with EJ and Nicole being over for good, if they in fact are, since they won't be the first couple I loved who ended, but EJ and Sami have been a chemistry-free corpse in the water for me for years. As you point out, Sami and Rafe are obviously the rooting couple here and I'd rather EJ be alone than repeat the EJamucas nightmare, with the only difference being a taller Lucas.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I'd love for Nicole to be heartbroken, and turn to Brady after Ej ditches her. But Sydney is miserable without Nicole, so Ej reluctantly has Nicole visit Sydney, and he falls for her again but hides it since she living with Brady. I'd much prefer a Brady/EJ/Nicole triangle than a Brady/Nicole/Arianna triangle. I might take a Brady/Nicole/Arianna/EJ quad.

I don't think I can buy anything Ejami right now as it is too soon after Sami has professed his evilness, and Ej her evilness, and Sami fresh off of sainthood and Ej fresh off of putting a hit on Phillip would be too forced. But that is how they do things on Days.
But hey, if AZ is gone, they might just have to put Ej with Sami...until she gets back.

There are so many possible triangles in this scenario...it's got to be good. They have to be really bad writers to screw this all up. Lots of options here. Unfortunately, the only pair I am seeing that they won't ditch is Safe. Sigh.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 23 2009, 02:19 PM
I'd much prefer a Brady/EJ/Nicole triangle than a Brady/Nicole/Arianna triangle. I might take a Brady/Nicole/Arianna/EJ quad.
Yeah, either of those would be preferable to a straight Nicole/Brady/Arianna quad. I'm still not seeing any chemstry between EM and LH (I know, weird, isn't it?). Actually, I'd like them to test Arianna and Philip, but for some reason that doesn't seem to be allowed.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Thanks for posting.

I am crossing my fingers this is as good as I'm hoping it will be.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Alligato
Sep 23 2009, 02:19 PM
I'd love for Nicole to be heartbroken, and turn to Brady after Ej ditches her. But Sydney is miserable without Nicole, so Ej reluctantly has Nicole visit Sydney, and he falls for her again but hides it since she living with Brady. I'd much prefer a Brady/EJ/Nicole triangle than a Brady/Nicole/Arianna triangle. I might take a Brady/Nicole/Arianna/EJ quad.

I like that idea!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply