Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: EJ learns the truth!; Oct 6th issues; Article Summaries
Topic Started: Sep 23 2009, 12:56 PM (5,150 Views)
Cupcake06

These triangles and name combos make my head spin. :laugh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Well...I'll give you guys three guesses as to how I'd like to see this turn out...and the first two don't count. ;)

I think Rafe disappearing and EJ learning the truth about Nicole's lies regarding the miscarriage are happening simultaneously for a reason. I suspect that we'll see EJami beginning to make peace and then slowly rebuilding their bond over the next several weeks as we build toward the huge reveal about Sydney. EJ will likely be reeling about what Nicole has done - and it's unlikely he'll feel he can confide in 'fatha' now that he's got that whole awkward situation with his new step-mummy/ex-lover. Who will EJ confide in? My guess is Sami. At first they'll be together because of their co-parenting of Johnny - but I believe EJ is finally going to have his eyes opened to the fact that what Sami tried to warn him about was actually the case in regard to Nicole - and hopefully he'll take it a step further and realize she was right about the influence of Stefano, as well.

I have no illusions that EJami will then ride off to happily ever after but will continue on toward the next triangle Dena promised us a year ago - EJ/Sami/Rafe. But I think it's all been set up so they can FINALLY have Sami choose EJ over what some would consider to be a worthy opponent. They botched that badly with the EJamicus triangle - I think they'll get it right this time. :)

aimees76
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 23 2009, 02:19 PM
I'd love for Nicole to be heartbroken, and turn to Brady after Ej ditches her. But Sydney is miserable without Nicole, so Ej reluctantly has Nicole visit Sydney, and he falls for her again but hides it since she living with Brady. I'd much prefer a Brady/EJ/Nicole triangle than a Brady/Nicole/Arianna triangle. I might take a Brady/Nicole/Arianna/EJ quad.

I don't think I can buy anything Ejami right now as it is too soon after Sami has professed his evilness, and Ej her evilness, and Sami fresh off of sainthood and Ej fresh off of putting a hit on Phillip would be too forced. But that is how they do things on Days.
But hey, if AZ is gone, they might just have to put Ej with Sami...until she gets back.

There are so many possible triangles in this scenario...it's got to be good. They have to be really bad writers to screw this all up. Lots of options here. Unfortunately, the only pair I am seeing that they won't ditch is Safe. Sigh.
I love your idea of EJ reluctantly letting Nicole visit Syd, because you know that baby is going to cry in every scene without her. Then he falls back in love with her (or realizes how much he still loves her, whichever). I like it a lot! It could definitely salvage Ejole ... and I could TOTALLY go for a Ejole/Bricole triangle.

If not, than EJ should just be alone and miserable. :D

I honestly cannot see them going down the Ejami road again. HUGE fail the first time, even more unbelievable now. Besides, Sami clearly has felt nothing for EJ for quite some time, not even really hate anymore, in fact she seems quite indifferent to him these days. I really cannot understand the mentality that the reveal that Sydney is the Ejami baby will bring them closer together. Why would it? Sami tried to hide the Ejami baby from EJ because she didn't want him in her baby's life or her life. Why would anything be different now? So now EJ will discover that he was betrayed by both of the women in his life (and Daddy) ... that doesn't seem like a springboard to a new romance, or a reunion of any kind .. more like a trigger to a freefall into oblivion, but maybe thats just me. ;)

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Sep 23 2009, 02:30 PM
... I suspect that we'll see EJami beginning to make peace and then slowly rebuilding their bond over the next several weeks as we build toward the huge reveal about Sydney. EJ will likely be reeling about what Nicole has done - and it's unlikely he'll feel he can confide in 'fatha' now that he's got that whole awkward situation with his new step-mummy/ex-lover. Who will EJ confide in? My guess is Sami...

IA, I also think that EJ will confide in Sami but I expect it to play out differently. Seeing that Sami is still head over heals in love and in lust with Rafe and has no idea that Nicole had switched the babies and thinks that Nicole is her best friend (lol, even with the baby switch Nicole probably is her only friend aside from Lucas) Sami will probably tell EJ that he is lucky to have a woman that loved him enough to spend her life and the life of her child with him. I'm sure Sami will go on and on about how much Rafe loved Grace and what a great dad he was and how it is love that makes a family, like the love Sami and Rafe had for each other and for Grace.

lastDays
Member Avatar

I've long since stopped caring about Nicole.She can't even tell the truth when faced with the pregancy pads EJ shows.As far as I'm concerned,she should go crawl under a rock and stay there

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I admit I'm glad to hear this storyline is finally over. But I don't understand why anyone would think this means EJole is over for good. I'm not suggesting EJ will be fine with the manipulation, he's gonna be angry and livid (and rightfully so) but I don't believe Nicole has done anything unforgivable. Why? Because primarily this is a soap. There is no such thing as an unforgivable act. If there were, EJ would have been written off a long time ago. For that matter, Sami would have been written off back when she was a teenager as she did a very similar stunt with her own sister. (And before you can throw up that she had a juvenile mind at the time, Nicole just went through a miscarriage basically alone. Her hormones don't excuse her acts, but it's not that unforgivable either as soaps act go).

EJ has only two love interests, Sami and Nicole, and if Sami can return to be with EJ, so can Nicole. Since Sami is doing well with Rafe while Nicole's own actions won't undo all the damage EJ and Sami have done to each other, especially in recent months, I don't think EJami is at all certain. If Dena has taught us anything, she can find inexplicable reasons to push couples together (the horrific Chex and Chan coming to mind), and EJole have way more chemistry and creditability to overcome this and get back together.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I figured when the writers killed off the EJole and Safe babies, and let the EJami baby live, that they were planning on revisiting EJami again. Now what form that will take is the question.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I kinda wish EJ wouldn't discover the truth so that we don't have to revisit Sami & EJ again. I like Nicole sneaking around his back and working with Stefano to keep EJ clueless.

Dallas812

I am so hoping this will lead to an EJami reunion again soon. So glad the truth is leaking out and no I don't think that EJ will forgive Nicole. He never really loved her in the beginning. He married her because he thought she was the mother of his child. Now he has no reason to be with her.

Mason
Member Avatar

Seriously, why in the hell did Nicole not get rid of the padding the first chance she got? After how crazy she's been about covering all of her bases, you're telling me she didn't even think to get rid of the damn pregnancy pad?

The only thing I really want to come from this story is to make E.J. a force to be reckoned with in Salem, like he used to be. I want all the deception and lies and betrayal to send him to a really dark place.

daisy132

Mason
Sep 23 2009, 08:50 PM
Seriously, why in the hell did Nicole not get rid of the padding the first chance she got? After how crazy she's been about covering all of her bases, you're telling me she didn't even think to get rid of the damn pregnancy pad?

The only thing I really want to come from this story is to make E.J. a force to be reckoned with in Salem, like he used to be. I want all the deception and lies and betrayal to send him to a really dark place.
I think that he's going to a dark place, but it will be his total redemption. He's been set up as being betrayed by all the people that he loves, and will be forced to take a good look at himself and what he's become. I think that's why he got so close to his father again, so that he'll see that everyone (Tony, Sami, Marlena, John) was right about Stephano, and everyone was right about Nicole too. I want EJ to be smart again, but not a villain. He really wasn't much more of a villain than Lucas, Sami Jack, Nicole or Kate were/are. He's a gray character. There really is only one evil character. Stephano.
Edited by daisy132, Sep 23 2009, 09:24 PM.

Nicole Walker

Brady must really love Nicole to say he's on drugs. LOL! Nicole needs to confess. She's busted. Give it up honey.

Taelyn

DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2009, 02:07 PM
It's a crime that it's taken EJ almost a whole year to uncover the truth. Some character you just can't dupe and EJ should be one of them considering how many people he's duped in the past. Sami is the other character, if anyone cares to know.

Anyway, I'm just glad that it seems to be ending soon. I'm so ready for this storyline to end. I just don't know what I want to happen afterwards. I definitely want Nicole to leave town to hide from EJ's wrath and I think that's what will happen to explain Arianne Zucker's maternity leave. But what will they do with EJ? I don't know if I'm ready for another triangle with Sami in the middle. And I don't think EJ would instantly fall in love with Sami again either. She still lied to him about Grace, even if the baby wasn't really theirs. He can't forgive her for that anytime soon.

Here's the story I would like to see: Nicole leaves town to get away from EJ. Sami and Rafe get back together. Sami wants to get to know Sydney, but EJ is still furious with her about Grace so he forbids it. A custody battle then occurs, and EJ works the judge to rule in his favor. EJ does this just to hurt Sami, but then he starts to remember the feelings he has for Sami and he wants to be with her. However, EJ tells Sami that the only way she can see Sydney is if she leaves Rafe and marries him. Then you would have Sami torn between her love for her child, and the love for the man she loves (Rafe).

Well that would definately be very much EJ's style(Taking what or who he wants regardless of how they might feel).. But it should take some time..Like you said a Triangle would be a bad idea.. and in truth Sami has very much made her heart known.
Frankly I wouldnt mind EJ kidnapping her, tricking her and stealing her away somewhere.
Its very 'Dimera-ish'
This way Rafe can work to find her and rescue Sami, and Sydney if need be.

I think EJ will remain married to Nicole though even if he sends her away for awhile, because like Sami .. He may hate her when this all comes out, but he also came to love her.
Forgiving his Father will be the hardest of all.. But perhaps Stephano will point out the benefits of Nicoles lie to EJ, and forgivness will come.
Edited by Taelyn, Sep 24 2009, 05:29 AM.

Tori

I think the best thing they could do is phase out Rafe and Arianna. They bring nothing to the table storywise. It is too costly to backstory these characters and it is a waste of time. The ratings have flatlined so it's not like their addition has really helped in the ratings all that much. I think it would be best to put all the writing energy towards interesting characters not try and get DAYS fans to like Tomlins Passion's actors and characters.

I would be ok if they backburned the character of Sami for awhile. She just has been overexposed. They should have given Ali months and months off for maternity leave and then brought her back. Her return after a long break would have been better and viewers would have anticipated an exciting return. Sami has gotten boring since they put her with Rafe, they need to get her away from Rafe before he sucks the life out of her.
Edited by Tori, Sep 24 2009, 06:34 AM.

lagirl

JMo, but if EJ forgives Nicole they should bring back Kristin Dimera and pair her with John.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

The beauty of this storyline is the slow pacing, the fakeouts, and the constant evolution that envelops the characters and overlaps sub-groupings on this show. It blurs the lines and sucks more and more characters into this mess, so when it does blow, the effects will be felt by every facet of the show.

It's a mixture of Reilly style storytelling, and more tradional heartfelt tales (ala Bill Bell...). Some may not like it, but remember it took years for Bill to find out Mike was his son. It also took years for John to see that Kristen was an evil, vindictive monster; and years more for him to be united with Marlena. Still, we look back on those storylines as the best this show had to offer.

The other part that makes this good is the question of "Who is the end game?" "Who is the hero?" Is the best man for Sami Rafe, EJ, or neither one? Is Nicole really evil, or has she evolved since taking on motherhood, and should we feel sympathy? This storyline presents more questions that answers, and THATS a good, soapy tale that we will remember.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

aimees76
Sep 23 2009, 02:41 PM
Alligato
Sep 23 2009, 02:19 PM
I'd love for Nicole to be heartbroken, and turn to Brady after Ej ditches her. But Sydney is miserable without Nicole, so Ej reluctantly has Nicole visit Sydney, and he falls for her again but hides it since she living with Brady. I'd much prefer a Brady/EJ/Nicole triangle than a Brady/Nicole/Arianna triangle. I might take a Brady/Nicole/Arianna/EJ quad.

I don't think I can buy anything Ejami right now as it is too soon after Sami has professed his evilness, and Ej her evilness, and Sami fresh off of sainthood and Ej fresh off of putting a hit on Phillip would be too forced. But that is how they do things on Days.
But hey, if AZ is gone, they might just have to put Ej with Sami...until she gets back.

There are so many possible triangles in this scenario...it's got to be good. They have to be really bad writers to screw this all up. Lots of options here. Unfortunately, the only pair I am seeing that they won't ditch is Safe. Sigh.
I love your idea of EJ reluctantly letting Nicole visit Syd, because you know that baby is going to cry in every scene without her. Then he falls back in love with her (or realizes how much he still loves her, whichever). I like it a lot! It could definitely salvage Ejole ... and I could TOTALLY go for a Ejole/Bricole triangle.

If not, than EJ should just be alone and miserable. :D

I honestly cannot see them going down the Ejami road again. HUGE fail the first time, even more unbelievable now. Besides, Sami clearly has felt nothing for EJ for quite some time, not even really hate anymore, in fact she seems quite indifferent to him these days. I really cannot understand the mentality that the reveal that Sydney is the Ejami baby will bring them closer together. Why would it? Sami tried to hide the Ejami baby from EJ because she didn't want him in her baby's life or her life. Why would anything be different now? So now EJ will discover that he was betrayed by both of the women in his life (and Daddy) ... that doesn't seem like a springboard to a new romance, or a reunion of any kind .. more like a trigger to a freefall into oblivion, but maybe thats just me. ;)
I totally agree. I have never understood why it is assumed that when Sami finds out that Sydney is hers and EJ's, she will run to him and they will be together again to raise their children. Like the previous comment, Sami didn't want EJ or the Dimera family to have anything to do with Grace and hid her from EJ, so why would she want Sydney to be a part of that family now, not to mention Ali and Will? Just don't see that happening. I think they may call a truce for the kids' sake and try to get along, but that will be the extent of it.

Sami has not had feelings for EJ for a long time now. I remember Ali saying in an interview that "interestingly enough, hate is not the opposite of love". She is right--- the opposite of hate is INDIFFERENCE and that is how Sami feels toward EJ-- indifferent. However, she does LOVE Rafe and as Brady says, "he loves her more than anything in the world". She is not going to give up that love. Who wants another blackmail storyline? We have had that with EJ and Sami already and it was a flop big time. Also, there is one going on with Stefano and Kate right now.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I don't believe the story will be written that Sami 'will run to EJ' once she finds out that Sydney is their daughter. In fact, I think that's the reason things are unfolding as they are - Sami and EJ will likely have already rekindled their love for one another BEFORE they find out that their daughter is alive and well. These next weeks EJ is going to be facing some hard truths - he allowed himself to be completely fooled by Nicole and manipulated by his father, all due to his desperation to finally get over Sami. In his attempts to doing that - he basically allowed himself to become steeped in all the things she feared. I suspect these next several weeks will show that EJ finally realizes what Sami told him a few weeks ago in the park - he's become the man he never wanted to be.
I believe they have written Rafe out of the picture coinciding with EJ's realization in order to allow Sami and EJ to grow closer - Sami seeing that EJ finally understands what she warned him about all along. It wasn't that Sami never wanted EJ to be a part of their daughter's life - she didn't want Stefano to have any influence. She was completely conflicted on telling EJ just before she went to WP - both due to her distrust of Stefano and her jealously of his relationship with Nicole. The two of them both made huge miscalculations about how the other felt - classic, soapy angst. It seems to me we're finally heading in to the stage of the story that allows them to both realize how wrong they've been all along and have the opportunity to make things right with one another. Finally.

And then...they'll find out that their daughter is still very much alive. :wub:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 24 2009, 10:39 AM
I don't believe the story will be written that Sami 'will run to EJ' once she finds out that Sydney is their daughter. In fact, I think that's the reason things are unfolding as they are - Sami and EJ will likely have already rekindled their love for one another BEFORE they find out that their daughter is alive and well. These next weeks EJ is going to be facing some hard truths - he allowed himself to be completely fooled by Nicole and manipulated by his father, all due to his desperation to finally get over Sami. In his attempts to doing that - he basically allowed himself to become steeped in all the things she feared. I suspect these next several weeks will show that EJ finally realizes what Sami told him a few weeks ago in the park - he's become the man he never wanted to be.
I believe they have written Rafe out of the picture coinciding with EJ's realization in order to allow Sami and EJ to grow closer - Sami seeing that EJ finally understands what she warned him about all along. It wasn't that Sami never wanted EJ to be a part of their daughter's life - she didn't want Stefano to have any influence. She was completely conflicted on telling EJ just before she went to WP - both due to her distrust of Stefano and her jealously of his relationship with Nicole. The two of them both made huge miscalculations about how the other felt - classic, soapy angst. It seems to me we're finally heading in to the stage of the story that allows them to both realize how wrong they've been all along and have the opportunity to make things right with one another. Finally.

And then...they'll find out that their daughter is still very much alive. :wub:
I think you may be on to something!! This is my hope for how this all plays out.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

daisy132
Sep 23 2009, 09:22 PM
Mason
Sep 23 2009, 08:50 PM

I think that he's going to a dark place, but it will be his total redemption. He's been set up as being betrayed by all the people that he loves, and will be forced to take a good look at himself and what he's become. I think that's why he got so close to his father again, so that he'll see that everyone (Tony, Sami, Marlena, John) was right about Stephano, and everyone was right about Nicole too. I want EJ to be smart again, but not a villain. He really wasn't much more of a villain than Lucas, Sami Jack, Nicole or Kate were/are. He's a gray character. There really is only one evil character. Stephano.
That is so true. EJ makes a good gray character, but not a good villain or a good hero. He is neither of those things.
I can see them sending him over to the dark side for awhile. I was even wondering if they may have EJ have a breakdown over all the people who have deceived him. That would leave Sami to care for Sydney

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply