Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: EJ learns the truth!; Oct 6th issues; Article Summaries
Topic Started: Sep 23 2009, 12:56 PM (5,163 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

ilovemydays
Sep 24 2009, 03:07 PM
Meh' I like to think that ship sailed and sunk never to return but I suppose anything can happen on a soap.

The problem isn't just that EJami was never that popular in the ratings; another issue is that there are numerous good guys and only one dark male lead and IMO, Sami-the NuMarlena just ain't cut out to be with the bad guy. Add to that, I haven't heard anything to suggest that TPTB are bringing in a new hot male lead to portray Salem's bad boy.

Young bad guys:
EJ

Young good guys:
Rafe
Brady
Philip
Nathan
Will
Dan
Lucas

I would say Chad is questionable but as he is a secondary character I don't think it matters.
I'm not convinced it has to be all one way or the other - black vs. white. I think we're on the edge of seeing EJ come to realize that the choices he's made (being with Nicole; working for his father; etc) have led him back down the path of a man he doesn't want to be. So I do see EJ turning away from the DiMera side of things in order to create a new life, for his children and ultimately for Sami.

But I also think there is plenty of opportunity for Sami to show us some of the feistiness they've stripped from her character. I am particularly anxious to see Sami's reaction when she finds out that Nicole has been deceiving them all and raising her daughter right under her nose. Something tells me she'll handle that a bit differently than Marlena would have. :lol:

Oh...and I don't know that I'd put Philip in the good guy category these days. The way he's sniffing around Melanie 10 minutes after Stephanie dumped him again? Not cool. :shame:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 24 2009, 03:15 PM
ilovemydays
Meh' I like to think that ship sailed and sunk never to return but I suppose anything can happen on a soap.

The problem isn't just that EJami was never that popular in the ratings; another issue is that there are numerous good guys and only one dark male lead and IMO, Sami-the NuMarlena just ain't cut out to be with the bad guy. Add to that, I haven't heard anything to suggest that TPTB are bringing in a new hot male lead to portray Salem's bad boy.

Young bad guys:
EJ

Young good guys:
Rafe
Brady
Philip
Nathan
Will
Dan
Lucas

I would say Chad is questionable but as he is a secondary character I don't think it matters.
I'm not convinced it has to be all one way or the other - black vs. white. I think we're on the edge of seeing EJ come to realize that the choices he's made (being with Nicole; working for his father; etc) have led him back down the path of a man he doesn't want to be. So I do see EJ turning away from the DiMera side of things in order to create a new life, for his children and ultimately for Sami.

But I also think there is plenty of opportunity for Sami to show us some of the feistiness they've stripped from her character. I am particularly anxious to see Sami's reaction when she finds out that Nicole has been deceiving them all and raising her daughter right under her nose. Something tells me she'll handle that a bit differently than Marlena would have. :lol:

Oh...and I don't know that I'd put Philip in the good guy category these days. The way he's sniffing around Melanie 10 minutes after Stephanie dumped him again? Not cool. :shame:
Yeah, I would equate Phillip with EJ as they are currently being written. They do what they have to do to survive or to appease daddy, but you can see they still have a conscience.

ilovemydays

JANALH
Sep 24 2009, 02:21 PM

Someone with ratings statistics correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Days held a pretty constant 2.0 to 2.1 during the whole Santeen Ejamicus storylines. Since we've had the addition of our Passions friends we're getting alot of 1.9's and lower. I don't think the ratings have been good enough since the addition of the Hernandez family to say that these current storylines are some sort of success. Yes, I do think the ratings were better during the beginning of the baby switch, but at that time there wasn't the focus on the newer characters and actually EJ and Sami were still believed to be in love or at least dreaming of each other. Since then, the story has been drug out and the focus has moved from the ones who should be telling this story to new uninteresting characters, and the ratings are showing it.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/09/24/days-of-our-lives-finishes-the-2008-2009-year/28304

'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' FINISHES THE 2008-09 YEAR TIED FOR #3 AMONG WOMEN 18-49 AND TIED FOR #1 AMONG WOMEN 18-34

IT'S THE 15TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR 'DAYS' HAS FINISHED #1 OR TIED FOR #1 AMONG WOMEN 18-34

VERSUS THE PRIOR YEAR, 'DAYS' IS UP AMONG TOTAL VIEWERS, WOMEN 18-34, WOMEN 18-49, WOMEN 25-54 AND SEVERAL OTHER KEY DEMOS

FOR THE SEPT. 14-18 WEEK, 'DAYS' DELIVERS ITS HIGHEST WOMEN 18-49 RATING SINCE APRIL

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. September 24, 2009 NBC's "Days of our Lives" has finished the 52-week 2008-09 broadcast year tied for #3 in women 18-49 rating and tied for #1 among women 18-34, marking the 15th year in a row "Days" has finished #1 or tied for #1 in the women 18-34 category.

For the broadcast year, "Days of our Lives"(with a 1.4 rating, 9 share among women 18-49, 1.2/7 among women 18-34) is up 5 percent versus one year ago in total viewers (3.0 million vs. 2.8 million), making it the only daytime drama generating total-viewer gains versus last year. "Days" also scored year-to-year audience increases among females 12-17, 12-24, 18-24, 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, as well as working women 18-49, according to viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research.

For the week of September 14-18, "Days of our Lives" (1.4/9 among women 18-49, 0.9/6 among women 18-34) ranked #3 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #3 in the women 18-34 demo. For the week, "Days" delivered its highest women 18-49 rating in nearly five months (since the week of April 20-24).

Ratings reflect "live plus same day" data unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of "live plus seven day" data except for the two most recent weeks, which are "live plus same day."

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

From SOW:

EJ Learns Nicole Miscarried

EJ uncovers that Nicole had a miscarriage and kept it from him. It all starts while EJ and Nicole are in Paris and Brady calls. He is trying to get hold of Nicole to tell her Chad found out about Mia's baby. It's a bad connection and Brady thinks Nicole is on the phone. He says "If you can hear me, the secret is out."

EJ actually answers the phone. He is stunned and full of questions for Nicole. Nicole conjures up another lie. "Nicole kind of throws Brady under the bus, chuckles AZ. She spins a tale about Brady have love life problems, falling off the wagon and doing drugs again. EJ isn't buying it at all and is skeptical and over Nicole.

EJ insists on knowing the truth and says they are cutting the honeymoon short and heading home so he can confront Brady. They fly back to Salem and Nicole sneaks off to meet Brady and asks him to corroborate her story that he called her in Paris because he is using again.

"Brady's like, 'Do you have any idea what this will do to my family?' My grandfather will never forgive me. I'll be fired,'" recounts AZ. "Nicole says, 'Your family will forgive you. What about me?'". She goes on about her life being ruined and being run out of town if EJ learns of the miscarriage. She is desperate for Brady's help.

Eventually Brady agrees to lie for Nicole. Little do they know that a DiMera minion is recording their whole conversation. He later plays the tape for EJ who is stunned to hear Nicole mention a miscarriage. Nicole returns home and takes Brady with her. Brady explains why he called in Paris, but EJ couldn't care less. He tells him to get out.

Alone with Nicole, EJ confronts her about her lies and plays the recording of her and Brady. "EJ's angry and upset," says AZ. "It's good stuff for him, because he doesn't look like the village idiot anymore."

But not so good for Nicole, who's caught. Yet, she still tries to get out of it. She tells EJ she did have a miscarriage, but it didn't have anything to do with him. It happened years ago and wasn't his baby.

EJ remains unconvinced and asks his wife point-blank if their child died that night in the clinic. "Nicole swears that she delievered their baby," says Zucker, pointing out that her character "is a survivor. She will do anything to survive. If it means continuining lie after lie, she'll do it. Nicole is in love with EJ and absolutely loves Sydney. She'll do anything to protect her marriage and that baby. She also knows if the truth ever comes out, she's going to jail for the rest of her life."

aimees76
Member Avatar

AZ really has done a fantastic job of making me care about Nicole. Reading through all of this, all I can think is "poor Nicole". I really hope she gets out of this somehow. If Stefano can resurrect dead "Georgia" from the swamp, he could've taken the Ejole baby when Nicole passed out, had Dr. Baker tell her the baby died, and then given her back as Sydney when it was time. Nicole wasn't putting up with any of Stefano's shit before, and now he has her under his thumb AND his grandbaby under his roof ... I could totally see him doing that in order to get things this way. That's just one way out. I'm also hoping that EJ won't be a complete hypocrite (although not holding my breath) and will eventually forgive Nicole and understand why she did what she did and be grateful to her for giving him the child he otherwise would never have known.

daisy132

ilovemydays

Young bad guys:
EJ

Young good guys:
Rafe
Brady
Philip
Nathan
Will
Dan
Lucas

I wouldn't list Phillip as a good guy. IMO he'll be just as bad/gray as EJ. After all, he's Victor's son.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie!

I think the audience is chomping for Nicole to get hers. Sounds like it begins next week...at long last.

Nice to see that her love is so strong that she allows anyone she "loves" to suffer for caring one thing about her-EJ, Brady and EJ's daughter.

Bye bye stupid EJ. Your need to ignore the elephant in the room is now over.

Taelyn

Well I think its obvious as always that every fanbase see's a light at the end of the tunnel for their couple, or atleast tries to. Thats only Natural.

I stand by my belief that the show is doing better than it has in years, And I believe Safe and Ejole play a role in that. IMO

Whats also obvious to anyone with objectivity is that Sami and Rafe DO Love eachother.
I personally see o hope for any true romance for Ejami, but that does not mean that He wont ever have her back.. But her heart now belongs to Rafe , regardless of where the story goes. If she and Rafe are parted it will be because of circumstances they cant control.

In no way do I see the writers pulling away from Rafe or pushing hm to the back .. He and Brady are clearly the future hero's of the show..
I just wish they would write different for Brady .. I want to see him back in black tee shirts, and see his toughness.. He is being written as too soft, seems almost fragile and lacks edge.
I want to see him and Rafe Bond and work together, and kick some butt.
Edited by Taelyn, Sep 24 2009, 07:08 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Thanks for posting the SOW article, Angie! I can't wait to see these scenes. So long overdue! :D

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the article Angie.

At least we're headed in the right direction. Now when we have Sami and EJ learn the whole truth about their baby, I'll be a happy camper.

michelle
Member Avatar

As far as I'm concerned, the bad guys (other than Steffy) can come and go in these ridiculous side stories, ie. Trent, Owen, Dean, Meredith, etc.

As for seeing a light at the end of the tunnel for every fanbase, even though I am an Ejami fan - I can SEE a possible future for Sami and all of these men. She has loved each of them - Lucas, EJ and now Rafe. I'm sure she still has feelings for all 3. Though she does already have children with Lucas and EJ, I can only imagine if the writers want to give her a couple more with a 3rd dad. Yee gads. (no offense to anyone out there with 3 dads)

Sami was separated from EJ (and her real baby for that matter from circumstances she could not control) - ie., Nicole telling EJ she was pregnant first, a hitman trying to kill her then leaving for the witless protection program and then EJ telling her to move on at Christmas. Had Nicole NOT gotten pregnant - Sami would most likely be with EJ and her baby as we speak!

As for circumstances Sami and Rafe could not control, had Rafe told Sami the truth about Emily, they would be together now. His being kidnapped did not break them up, he had already left her because he would not tell her the truth about his past. Even if it was a HUGE FBI super secret, he could have said as much and they would have stayed together. Plus, he goes on this secret mission to find out the Nic/Baker/Grace connection - couldn't he include her in this? I would be pissed if my true love
didn't give me a head's up on something that involved one of my children. This guy is all about secrets.

Rafe is no more this show's hero than Lucas. Rafe is just on more NOW. Tomorrow, Galen could get fired or piss of TPTB and get written completely differently. Or he could get back burnered for a former GL star who comes to Salem to woo Sami. Next year he could be Nicole's new redemptive love interest, or Emily's for that matter, rumor has it she may not be dead.
Edited by michelle, Sep 24 2009, 08:44 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The SOW article made the scenes sound so much better then the SOD one did. I can't wait! AZ and JS should rock this.

The padding thing is a bit lame. I can understand Nicole forgetting about still having it given how quickly things unfolded around the time she switched the babies. Sometimes it's the most obvious thing you forget to take care of. However, I would like a throw in line that mentions this reasoning.

I like the way everything is slowly unraveling. One of the things I've felt and hoped would happen at the end of this is that EJ goes very dark and turns his back on EVERYONE. Stefano lied to him too and I would love for EJ to try to bring down his own father along with everyone else. That would be amazing!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Tori
Sep 24 2009, 02:51 PM
michelle
Sep 24 2009, 02:49 PM
I can't understand how some people can't contemplate that when EJ and Sami find out their child is still alive that it just MIGHT mean something for them as a couple.

As much as Sami thinks she is in love with Rafe now, and she may be, I can't believe that any unresolved feelings for EJ that she might have - (hospital staircase anyone?, Horton cabin anyone?) -won't revisit when they discover their child is still alive. They will be rejoicing in this discovery - Sami and EJ will be - not Brady, Arianna, Mia, Melanie, Hope, Bo, Victor, Kate, Chloe, Dan, etc. This will be huge for the TWO of them. How can that not bring them closer? Rafe may be happy for Sami, but he will have no connection to Sydney as he did with Grace.

Yes, originally she did keep Grace from EJ when she found out that he moved on with Nicole and Stefano, but does that mean that some small part of her heart can't still feel something for EJ as well? The good EJ that is, (whom she did make love with afterall), who until now has been buried under his fatha and deceitful wife.

Sami knows how good EJ can be and I think that has made her anger toward him more intense knowing that he HAS been a good man and that his father and Nicole manipulated him back to his old ways.

I just think Sami and EJ are POSSIBLE again. Finding out about Sydney may be their last chance. Maybe their ship has sailed, but maybe not.

Good Post!
I think Rafe does have a connection to Sydney. She was the child he felt kicking inside Sami when they were in WP; she was the child he was protecting those months they were in WP. True, he didn't hold her or help take care of her, but I think he and Sami will both feel he has that connection with her.

All of those incidents that happened with EJ and Sami were all before she met and fell in love with Rafe. She has moved on with her life now. She did tell Rafe that she would never hate EJ, and I don't think she does. I think she doesn't have any feelings for him one way or the other. She isn't dreaming about EJ anymore, she isn't thinking about him anymore that we have seen, she isn't telling people she is in love with him.

IMO, the EJAMI ship has sailed. There has been too much bad between them to overshadow any good that Sydney may bring. I am not so sure that Sami will be willing to blame Nicole and Stephano for all the bad EJ has done. HE was the one who had Stephanie kidnapped and tried to murder Philip twice, who shot John and blamed Tec, and who held a gun to her head, etc. I think there is a possibility that they may "bury the hatchet", so to speak, for the kids' sake, but as a romantic couple, I just don't see it happening.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

damn... nicole is dumb. i mean keeping that padding around, really? she must be slipping as she gets older.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Sep 24 2009, 07:05 PM
Well I think its obvious as always that every fanbase see's a light at the end of the tunnel for their couple, or atleast tries to. Thats only Natural.

I stand by my belief that the show is doing better than it has in years, And I believe Safe and Ejole play a role in that. IMO

Whats also obvious to anyone with objectivity is that Sami and Rafe DO Love eachother.
I personally see o hope for any true romance for Ejami, but that does not mean that He wont ever have her back.. But her heart now belongs to Rafe , regardless of where the story goes. If she and Rafe are parted it will be because of circumstances they cant control.

In no way do I see the writers pulling away from Rafe or pushing hm to the back .. He and Brady are clearly the future hero's of the show..
I just wish they would write different for Brady .. I want to see him back in black tee shirts, and see his toughness.. He is being written as too soft, seems almost fragile and lacks edge.
I want to see him and Rafe Bond and work together, and kick some butt.
Excellent post and ITA!!!!

Sami and Rafe DO love each other and I do see Rafe and Brady as the new heroes of DAYS. IMO, once this whole kidnapping thing is over and Ari's undercover drug deal is done, he and Brady will become close just as we will see Ari and Sami become close. They each need a friend and who better, but the sister-in-law of Rafe and the step-brother of Sami.

I don't see in anyway Rafe being put on the backburner or being let go from the show, as many would want. He is a good guy and Salem needs some good guys. We already have enough vilainous and gray area guys-- DAYS desperately needs some young good guys.

The show is doing better. It is the only Soap who viewers have increased in the past year, and I agree that a lot of this has to do with the SAFE and EJOLE story/line. As far as circumstances beyond the control of SAFE-- if ejami does get together again, it will be b/c of something the Dimera's have done to initiate it-- blackmail, threats, etc.
Edited by magicsteacher, Sep 25 2009, 09:23 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply