Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Chad confronts Mia; Oct 6th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Sep 23 2009, 01:29 PM (3,111 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features a short interview with Casey Deidrick.

Chad overhears Mia discussing her baby with Will. Casey Deidrick says, "He's in shock. He has no time to feel any emotion."

Chad confronts Mia, but she doesn't tell him anything other than that she gave the baby up for adoption. However, Chad is determined to find his baby. Deidrick says, "He has spent the last few months trying to win Mia back, and his feelings for her are sincere... Once he finds out she's been lying, it's a slap in the face."

Mia decides that she should reunite with Chad so that he stops trying to find their baby. She dumps Will, and SOD says he's "devastated". Deidrick says that Chad is on to Mia's plan, though. "He knows she's just doing this to keep his mouth shut, so he plays along with her game so he can get more information about his daughter."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Sep 23 2009, 01:29 PM
Mia decides that she should reunite with Chad so that he stops trying to find their baby. She dumps Will, and SOD says he's "devastated". Deidrick says that Chad is on to Mia's plan, though. "He knows she's just doing this to keep his mouth shut, so he plays along with her game so he can get more information about his daughter."

I find Casey and Taylor really squicky together. Maybe if I didn't know she was 15 and he was 22 I wouldn't, but I kind of think I would because she definitely looks underaged. I don't think he can pass for much younger than 18.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Hmmm...I agree that Chad and Mia are a bit on the creepy side. But at this point I'm so damned desperate for this baby story to end I'll deal with just about anything.

So I wonder if Will goes to confide his woes in his buddy EJ again? :roflol:
Edited by SocRMum1, Sep 23 2009, 01:40 PM.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Ellie

What a stupid plan. Why would that stop Chad from searching for his daughter? :huh1:

Thanks Ellie. :)

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 23 2009, 01:29 PM
Mia decides that she should reunite with Chad so that he stops trying to find their baby.

That Mia is a real catch.

Thanks, Ellie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'd rather Mia be with Chad than Will. Mia and Will have no chemistry and Taylor Spreitler and Dylan Patton's lacking acting skills really hurt their scenes. Neither is able to pick up the slack from the other because they both suck. But when Spreitler shares scenes with Deidrick, she actually comes alive as Mia. Every time I've enjoyed Mia, she has been in a scene with a more talented actor like Deidrick or Arianna Zucker. She needs to be paired with a more experienced actor like Deidrick rather than Patton. Deidrick may be 22, but I think he looks younger so he seeing him with Spreitler isn't that bad for me.

I'm glad Chad isn't being played for a fool though and knows Mia is only with him to keep quiet. Yet he gets with her still. That shows taht Chad is a character that is after something and will take all of the benefits that go along with it. He wants his baby, but he also wants Mia, so if he can have Mia and then get the baby as well, all the better. Finally, a young male character that I actually like on this show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Chad and Mia can both die for all I care. So boring.

Thanks Ellie!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

LMAO.....look at Mia the little schemer!

Yeah, why would getting together with her mean that he stops looking? Its not like he lost his i-pod?

Sounds lame, but I think I rather watch the guy that plays Chad, then the other two.

Thanks for posting!

daysfan
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2009, 01:42 PM
I'd rather Mia be with Chad than Will. Mia and Will have no chemistry and Taylor Spreitler and Dylan Patton's lacking acting skills really hurt their scenes. Neither is able to pick up the slack from the other because they both suck. But when Spreitler shares scenes with Deidrick, she actually comes alive as Mia. Every time I've enjoyed Mia, she has been in a scene with a more talented actor like Deidrick or Arianna Zucker. She needs to be paired with a more experienced actor like Deidrick rather than Patton. Deidrick may be 22, but I think he looks younger so he seeing him with Spreitler isn't that bad for me.

I'm glad Chad isn't being played for a fool though and knows Mia is only with him to keep quiet. Yet he gets with her still. That shows taht Chad is a character that is after something and will take all of the benefits that go along with it. He wants his baby, but he also wants Mia, so if he can have Mia and then get the baby as well, all the better. Finally, a young male character that I actually like on this show.
Sprietler and Patton are definitely both better apart than together. I have noticed that they both are just a TAD more lively when with other actors, rather than with each other.

MrsDimera

Liz<3Days
Sep 23 2009, 01:43 PM
LMAO.....look at Mia the little schemer!

Yeah, why would getting together with her mean that he stops looking? Its not like he lost his i-pod?

Sounds lame, but I think I rather watch the guy that plays Chad, then the other two.

Thanks for posting!
Mia learned from one of the best schemers...Nicole. She was able to conceal a miscarriage, wearing a rubber belly, buying a baby, switching that baby for his real baby and still has the man Duped. What better teacher could she have?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

So another relative newcomer is investigating the babyswitch nightmare, huh? Lovely.

On the bright side- a male Salemite isn't successfully manipulated by a scheming female? I mean...that's kinda neat, right? Different. But totally against the flow and theme of the show. Still...um...yay?

Thanks for posting!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

px780
Sep 23 2009, 01:55 PM
On the bright side- a male Salemite isn't successfully manipulated by a scheming female? I mean...that's kinda neat, right? Different. But totally against the flow and theme of the show. Still...um...yay?
Amazing, isn't it? Some of the times I don't mind when certain male characters are dumbed down for the sake of the storyline. Some it's believable, like Bo, Austin, Rafe, etc. But when you start conning cons like EJ and Lucas, I don't believe that for one second. At one point in time, EJ was conning every single character in Salem, and now he's playing stupid to the most obvious scheme in Salem history.

BillieD
Member Avatar

Well, at least he's 'on to her'. It usually takes the men of Salem years before they get a clue.

Thanks for posting!!

Alligato
Member Avatar

I hope when the baby reveal comes out and Mia/Chad find out that their child is dead, they can't both head off canvas. Is there really any reason to keep Mia and Chad around? Watching Will and Mia is like watching paint dry, and Chad has no point without them.

Good riddance! I was never a big fan of the teen scene anyways.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

I have a feeling they will still be around. I'm so tired of this storyline. But you know they're just going to age Mia and put her in a Candy Striper outfit too.

Paxton
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2009, 01:57 PM
At one point in time, EJ was conning every single character in Salem, and now he's playing stupid to the most obvious scheme in Salem history.
And when he was conning everyone, everyone else was dumbed down to make him look brilliant. That's the problem with omniscient, omnipotent villains.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I cannot stand Mia. I wanted to like her. I really tried to like her, especially with Will. But I cannot stand her.

Oh that Chad, staying with someone when he knows she doesn't really want him. Gee, who is he reminding me of, and could it be some foreshadowing ... hmmm .... *thinking*

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Paxton
Sep 23 2009, 02:23 PM
DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2009, 01:57 PM
At one point in time, EJ was conning every single character in Salem, and now he's playing stupid to the most obvious scheme in Salem history.
And when he was conning everyone, everyone else was dumbed down to make him look brilliant. That's the problem with omniscient, omnipotent villains.
Is that how you saw it? For most of EJ's reign of terror, everyone knew exactly what he was doing. No one was dumbed down. The only problem was they didn't have proof. It allowed his reign to continue without him being brought down. I thought it was great.

Paxton
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2009, 03:07 PM
Is that how you saw it? For most of EJ's reign of terror, everyone knew exactly what he was doing. No one was dumbed down. The only problem was they didn't have proof. It allowed his reign to continue without him being brought down. I thought it was great.
Yes, that's how I saw it. As far as I'm concerned there's no functional difference between people (1) not being able to figure something out at all and (2) understanding the problem but not being able to figure out a solution. "Dumbed down" in this case means, "incapable of stopping the havoc/incapable of fixing the problem."

aimees76
Member Avatar

Sami was dumbed down hugely when she was married to him. The whole vendetta storyline had Sami dumbed down.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply