Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Chad confronts Mia; Oct 6th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Sep 23 2009, 01:29 PM (3,132 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Paxton
Sep 23 2009, 03:20 PM
DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2009, 03:07 PM
Is that how you saw it? For most of EJ's reign of terror, everyone knew exactly what he was doing. No one was dumbed down. The only problem was they didn't have proof. It allowed his reign to continue without him being brought down. I thought it was great.
Yes, that's how I saw it. As far as I'm concerned there's no functional difference between people (1) not being able to figure something out at all and (2) understanding the problem but not being able to figure out a solution. "Dumbed down" in this case means, "incapable of stopping the havoc/incapable of fixing the problem."
Oh, I see! We're just looking at "dumbed down" differently. When I think of a character being dumbed down, I think of what's going on with EJ, and what Lucas just went through. The signs are right there in front of their eyes, but they just buy any lousy excuse from the person doing the deceiving, forget their suspicions, put on a happy smile and look the other way. It's ridiculous.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

aimees76
Sep 23 2009, 03:26 PM
Sami was dumbed down hugely when she was married to him. The whole vendetta storyline had Sami dumbed down.
There was nothing really for Sami to be dumbed down for by then. EJ wasn't really the evil person he was at one time during his marriage to Sami. By the time EJ and Sami were married, EJ was pretty much trying to come out of the DiMera shadow and be a better man for Sami, but his desire to impress Stefano had him torn.

But when EJ was actually doing all of those horrible things to everyone in Salem, from about October 06 until about May or June 07, everyone knew EJ was doing those things, including Sami. Every bad thing that happened in Salem she blamed EJ for. She was not dumbed down at that point at all.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2009, 03:34 PM
aimees76
Sep 23 2009, 03:26 PM
Sami was dumbed down hugely when she was married to him. The whole vendetta storyline had Sami dumbed down.
There was nothing really for Sami to be dumbed down for by then. EJ wasn't really the evil person he was at one time during his marriage to Sami. By the time EJ and Sami were married, EJ was pretty much trying to come out of the DiMera shadow and be a better man for Sami, but his desire to impress Stefano had him torn.

But when EJ was actually doing all of those horrible things to everyone in Salem, from about October 06 until about May or June 07, everyone knew EJ was doing those things, including Sami. Every bad thing that happened in Salem she blamed EJ for. She was not dumbed down at that point at all.
AUG 07 ej tring kill lucas(and for some reason sami believe he had not been responsible about it)

oct 07 ej think of hurting wiil or sami family member to convicce sami to marry him anf forge attack on kate

de 07 pretend to be paralyzed

jan 08-may 08-only after lucas was in jail ej start saying is trying to come out of the DiMera shadow ( but he lie about imigration thing and paid nicole to show up in the hearing to irritate sami and stepano been in coma most of time and other stuff)
Edited by Partnersincrime, Sep 23 2009, 04:12 PM.

Tori

That's the way I saw it. Sami had met her match, she was on equal footing - I wouldn't call that being dumbed down! Sami knew what she was getting into when she got involved with EJ. She NEEDED him! And Dare I say she WANTED him!
Edited by Tori, Sep 23 2009, 04:24 PM.

jane1978

Alligato
Sep 23 2009, 02:11 PM
I hope when the baby reveal comes out and Mia/Chad find out that their child is dead, they can't both head off canvas. Is there really any reason to keep Mia and Chad around? Watching Will and Mia is like watching paint dry, and Chad has no point without them.

Good riddance! I was never a big fan of the teen scene anyways.
Iīm pretty sure Mia and Will will stay. Will is Samiīs son so his place is more than secure and he will always need a girlfriend. I quess Mia and Chad could reunite and decide to leave, but I have feeling they will try to secure Chadīs place on the show as well. He is the strongest actor from that group and from his twittering it seems he will be the leading force in the negotiation between EJ and Mia so they must be aware of his abilities. Oh, and he dates Molly and Molly is the darling of the show. They wouldnīt dare to fire her boyfriend. :D

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

jane1978
Sep 23 2009, 05:46 PM
Oh, and he dates Molly and Molly is the darling of the show. They wouldnīt dare to fire her boyfriend. :D
I realize you are most likely being facetious but does that carry some weight?

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Poor Mia. She really shouldn't be put in this position of losing Will because of the lies.

Its gonna be even tougher for her when the truth comes out of her baby dying :(

evilD
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 23 2009, 01:43 PM
Chad and Mia can both die for all I care. So boring.

Thanks Ellie!
If they were to kill off every character you and the rest of the board find boring, Days would only have like 4 characters left on the cast.

Just sayin'.

Kenny
Member Avatar

evilD
Sep 23 2009, 11:02 PM
Kenny

Thanks Ellie!
If they were to kill off every character you and the rest of the board find boring, Days would only have like 4 characters left on the cast.

Just sayin'.
That's fine with me!

I'd rather watch four people I enjoy than twenty people I have no interest in. :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Sep 23 2009, 11:55 PM
evilD
Sep 23 2009, 11:02 PM
Kenny

Thanks Ellie!

Just sayin'.
That's fine with me!

I'd rather watch four people I enjoy than twenty people I have no interest in. :)
Oh Kenneth, Chad is great. At least aesthetically LOL Taylor Spreitler is the corpse pretending to be alive and failing.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I can tolerate Chad if I have to. Mia just needs to GO.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I fucking hate Mia. I hate how precocious Taylor Spreitler pretends to be and I hate her mouth and I hate her hair. I just want to yank it and cut it and knock the bitch over.

Mason
Member Avatar

I seriously think Taylor Spreitler takes acting tips from Nadia Bjorlin. Both monotone, both boring as hell.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Sep 24 2009, 12:01 AM
I seriously think Taylor Spreitler takes acting tips from Nadia Bjorlin. Both monotone, both boring as hell.
She's much, much worse than Nadia.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Nadia has actually impressed me this week, nothing emmy worthy obviously but she wasn't monotone as usual.

Taylor just sucks, maybe Chad will confront Mia and tell her to snap outta her sleep walking habit. I hope Chad kills Mia after he learns their baby is dead. The actress and character suck!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I saw potential in Taylor when she first arrived, but unfortunately she has gone downhill instead of improving. She seems so uncomfortable sometimes - perhaps because she isn't quite 16 but that shouldn't be an excuse. Perhaps they should recast or cut their losses and bring on a new character for Will.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Aw..I think Taylor is okay...little dull??Yes.She still acts better than some

lastDays
Member Avatar

Kenny

Thanks Ellie!
Ditto :hail:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Paxton
Sep 23 2009, 02:23 PM
DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2009, 01:57 PM
At one point in time, EJ was conning every single character in Salem, and now he's playing stupid to the most obvious scheme in Salem history.
And when he was conning everyone, everyone else was dumbed down to make him look brilliant. That's the problem with omniscient, omnipotent villains.
Totally agree with you. Great point. :rockon:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

jane1978
Sep 23 2009, 05:46 PM
Alligato
Sep 23 2009, 02:11 PM
I hope when the baby reveal comes out and Mia/Chad find out that their child is dead, they can't both head off canvas. Is there really any reason to keep Mia and Chad around? Watching Will and Mia is like watching paint dry, and Chad has no point without them.

Good riddance! I was never a big fan of the teen scene anyways.
Iīm pretty sure Mia and Will will stay. Will is Samiīs son so his place is more than secure and he will always need a girlfriend. I quess Mia and Chad could reunite and decide to leave, but I have feeling they will try to secure Chadīs place on the show as well. He is the strongest actor from that group and from his twittering it seems he will be the leading force in the negotiation between EJ and Mia so they must be aware of his abilities. Oh, and he dates Molly and Molly is the darling of the show. They wouldnīt dare to fire her boyfriend. :D
I had heard at one point that TPTB don't like the pairing of Mia and Chad due to the age difference, so Chad may be leaving in February. That is not for sure, tho.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply