Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casey Deidrick blog 9/24
Topic Started: Sep 24 2009, 10:13 PM (1,348 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I'm Back!
September 24, 6:00 PM

Just recently, the Days cast had a much-needed two-week break. The week prior, I taped six episodes, and the week prior to that, I taped five episodes. Also known as, "Hell Week."

Not just because my scenes had a lot of dialogue, but also because they were emotionally demanding and required a lot of focus to put a character in the shoes of a teen father. You see, Chad finally finds out about the baby... yes I know, I know.... it's been long overdue, but soon you'll get to see Chad's true colors after finding out Mia's secret.

In case you were wondering, the United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate, and has reported 745,000 teen pregnancies each year! That's a random, but alarming fact of the day for you. Even though I'm not a teen father, I still got to experience a small taste of it. Being a teen father is one thing, but being a teen father and not knowing about it is another. So when that bomb does get dropped on Chad, he has so many things going through his mind at once, he's putting the pieces to the puzzle together, he's understanding why she's been acting the way she has towards him. I don't think any teenager is really prepared for that kind of news, and most may think it won't happen to them, but trust me it does. I feel extremely blessed to be able to play this character, I get to experience things I never would in real life. During those two weeks of constant taping I learned a lot about myself, about my character, and the actors I work with. I had some amazing scenes with Taylor, Ari, James, and Alison. They are fantastic to work with... DOOL fans are in for a treat!

During the break you can guess I slept a lot. Recovering from my hectic schedule. LOL! Molly and I went to the Emmys and had a blast!!! I was so stoked to see DOOL win some Emmys. Molly looked so beautiful, she really did, and I felt so lucky to be there with her.

Posted Image

We also went to the beach with friends. Molly and I were being taught how to skim board, but that mission was a failure. Seriously, it has got to be the most difficult sport in the world... mad props to the kids that can pull that off!

Alright, everyone, thanks so much for taking the time to read what I have to say, you all have been so awesome!!! If you have a Twitter, follow Molly and I :) @scusecaseyd @mollydollyy

Take care,
Casey Deidrick

*Editors' Note: For more information about teenage pregnancy, prevention, facts and news please visit www.sexreally.com

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/insider/caseys-corner/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 24 2009, 10:13 PM
Just recently, the Days cast had a much-needed two-week break. The week prior, I taped six episodes, and the week prior to that, I taped five episodes. Also known as, "Hell Week."
Oh, great.

Nice to see Days is still a "balanced" show. Ahem. Yes, I'm being sarcastic. Why is it that on this show you're either not used at all or used way too damn much? Where's the happy medium? Didn't Corday say the younger characters wouldn't be getting so much airtime in the fall? Fucking liar. I'm really not interested in watching eleven straight episodes of Chad and Mia.

WTF with the long paragraph about teen pregnancy? Random, LoL.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Very cool - good for him for using the forum to reach out to teens regarding teen pregnancy and his storyline.

And how cute is he with the "Molly and me" stuff? :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Don't make fun of Casey, Kenny. He's too pretty.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 24 2009, 10:21 PM
Didn't Corday say the younger characters wouldn't be getting so much airtime in the fall? Fucking liar.
When are you going to learn not to believe a word that man says? LoL

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Angie79
Oh, great.

Nice to see Days is still a "balanced" show. Ahem. Yes, I'm being sarcastic. Why is it that on this show you're either not used at all or used way too damn much? Where's the happy medium? Didn't Corday say the younger characters wouldn't be getting so much airtime in the fall? Fucking liar. I'm really not interested in watching eleven straight episodes of Chad and Mia.

It's not like Will, Mia, and Chad have been dominating like Langan's summer of 2001. We usually saw them like 3-4 episodes straight and then all three disappeared for two weeks if not more. That is why I never understood Corday saying that they focused a great deal on the younger characters this summer (more reason to believe the man never watches his show LOL). Nothing really changed. The teens actually got LESS airtime. Will and Mia had more airtime in spring before Chad showed up and summer began. There was really no shift at all. Brady and Arianna saw more airtime and that was it.

Regardless, they actually should get more airtime now. They are a pivotal part of the baby switch story, which is ending.

I like Casey. I just want him out of Will and Mia's orbit. He just looks all wrong onscreen with them. I also wish they would connect either Chad or Mia to someone because I don't like potential pairings in which both people have no connections to anyone on the canvas. It almost never ends well.

Alligato
Member Avatar

His little PSA was kind of weird, but I do appreciate when the actors take time to write to the fans about what is going on.
He seems like a really nice guy, I just wish that he could break away from the lifeless duds that are Chad and Mia. I know teens are supposed to be miserable, but they are the most mature, wallowy teens the show has ever had.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

He sounds like a nice kid, and he and Molly look so cute together.

He's the only one of the teens that I find remotely interesting, so I can't wait to see these upcoming scenes.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie.

I, too, find Casey engaging. He and Molly seem to really want to connect with fans in a positive way. Both of them seem very happy to have this chance on DOOL to break into the acting world. They both seem to enjoy all that goes with it, even the hard work. As noted, they are an adorable couple. And I like CD's look as well. I want to know more about Chad, unlike a couple of unmentionable characters.

Finally this baby kidnapping story is winding up for the big finish. It's a relief frankly. I just wish Y&R would scrub their nasty plans to copy OLTL and DOOL. Baby switching stories should be used sparingly and not be a trend. Viewers are sick of them, much like WTD stories.

I also like the PSA aspect of the blog. Daytime can occasionally take a serious subject and separate it from the fantasy fiction they present and shine a light on the true issue.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Chad is in the wrong storyline.Mia and Will are as dull as Rafe.Maybe they are related.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I like Chad more than Mia and Will, and it would be nice if he could be in a better storyline. Him finding out about the baby should be good because it will tie in together and lead to Nicole's downfall.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

How adorable is CD! The PSA was nice too, casual and not preachy.

pixiedust

Am I the only one who found this to be a little whiney? When you are a mom of 2 little ones and working on 2 shows like Ali S. or pregnant and working on way more than 6 episodes a week like Ari Z. a little whine would be understandable. From a single young adult not so much.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kenny
Angie79
Oh, great.

From what I understand, they bloc tape scenes to keep the costs down (they dont have to rebuild the sets, redo makeup and wardrobe, and allows for more down time, meaning no need to pay any contractors or per hour workers). For all we know, those scenes taped will could be spread out and air all the way through to late November. When Louise Sorel was interviewed, she mentioned Kate & Stefano were married. That only played out this week. She was interviewed in early August. The teens are probably going to be on a lot, but not 24/7 for two weeks flat.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply