Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; Week of 9/28 - 10/2
Topic Started: Sep 27 2009, 01:29 PM (6,985 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives
Week of 9/28 - 10/2

Classic Clip:
Carly says goodbye to Bo before leaving Salem. (1993)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

i loved Peter Reckell and Crystal Chappell as Carly and Bo, but never thought her and RKK had much chemistry..His chemistry was with Lisa Rinna...Can't wait to see PR and CC in scenes again..And see CC and KA act together.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm sure it didn't help that Crystal hated RKK, LoL.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Wow, you know I loved RKK when he played Bo (I was in high school - don't judge me) but watching that clip now, after having PR back as Bo for so long, I totally do not believe RKK as Bo at all! Weird.

Anyway, I am super excited that Carly will be back this week! Yay!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Can't wait for this week, and see Nicole's scheme (well at least part of it) come to light.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Sep 27 2009, 01:40 PM
i loved Peter Reckell and Crystal Chappell as Carly and Bo, but never thought her and RKK had much chemistry..His chemistry was with Lisa Rinna...Can't wait to see PR and CC in scenes again..And see CC and KA act together.
Same here. I've wanted a Carly/Bo/Hope story for years, especially because I want to see the Hope and Carly dynamic and because I feel Bo/Carly was ended well before it's time.

Bo and Carly died the minute Peter Reckell left and it was a shame because they were on course to be something special. In some ways, they already were special but they would've reached an amazing level together had he stayed. I could sense the tension between CC and RKK, just like I could with all his female co stars. CC plays Carly as awfully cold in this scene. Granted, Carly wasn't written in character but I've always seen alot of trepidation on CC's part in the scene in the clip.

I still believe RKK would've been a flop without Lisa Rinna. The writing is partially to blame. Bo was written as a whiney wimp when RKK took over. He no longer was heroic. He was a doormat. Bo would've never given up so easily and just let Carly go (then again carly's exit story blew in more ways then one) and I can't tell you how many times Bo came off looking horrible just so Billie could save both their asses and look good. It wasn't until the Maison Blanche story that I began enjoying Bo again. I understand shows will change a character when there is a recast because you have to play to the new actor's strengths but the way Bo changed sucked. It also made it annoying to watch RKK because the way he played Bo as a result of the writing made Bo come off a bit too soft and pretty boy-like and that is not Bo.

I will say that CC and RKK did a good job in the clip, even if both were out of character. As I said, Bo gave up far too easily and Carly's exit wasn't executed well at all. She got her memory back, went and saw Jennifer (who would've NEVER encouraged Carly to run back to Lawrence after all he had done including raping Jennifer herself), and threw away everything her and Bo had like it was nothing more then a fling and left. It was wrapped up far too hastily and sloppy.

Looking forward to this week too. The show is on a roll and what is to come sounds fantastic!

PeterReckell4ever

I am so looking forward to seeing Peter and Crystal acting together again. They had amazing chemistry and I think we are gonna see great things. I don't want Bo and Hope to split up but having Carly could definitely make things more interesting, make Hope wake up and see what kind of man she truly has in Bo...

RKK was not Bo for me, he was awful and took that role to places the Peter never would have..when Peter left that was the end of Bo til the day Peter took the role back. He made him weak to me and that was not my Bo Brady, whiney all the time and it made me sad to watch him destroy the most amazing character. So happy my Peter is there and I am looking forward to a great story for him.

Very excited to have Crystal back for sure!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

man, chloe has quite the set of balls, asking a priest to annul her marrage to lucas. i'm not a catholic, practicing or otherwise, but i have a feeling a loveless marriage isn't grounds for an anullment. as far as i can recollect, the grounds for annulement boil down to a person either being forced into a marraige against their will, or the marraige never being consummated in the first place, neither of which applies to chloe and lucas.

i was shocked chad found out the truth about the baby, on a monday of all days of the week.

i had seen spoilers that nicole was going to throw brady under the bus and tell ej that he's back on drugs. i didn't understand then, but now i do. brady is a freaking idiot, calling nicole and blurting out that her scret is out without waiting to see if it was actually her on the other line. so i really don't feel all that sorry for him in retrospect.

lene
Member Avatar

Gosh, Chad finding out about his baby, that was so exciting. NOT! i was expecting screaming and a lil fighting.. LOL!!!!! He was calm, and so was Mia. CRAP actors. Althought, Casey is not as bad as Taylor. ugh!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

luvpumpkns
Sep 28 2009, 12:33 PM
man, chloe has quite the set of balls, asking a priest to annul her marrage to lucas. i'm not a catholic, practicing or otherwise, but i have a feeling a loveless marriage isn't grounds for an anullment. as far as i can recollect, the grounds for annulement boil down to a person either being forced into a marraige against their will, or the marraige never being consummated in the first place, neither of which applies to chloe and lucas.
I'm not Catholic either, but if my Google results are to be believed, Chloe might actually be able to make a case--and even if SHE can't, LUCAS certainly could, on the grounds that he entered into the marriage without the knowledge that she was in love with someone else.

Quote:

One or both parties may have entered the marriage with good will, but lacked the openness, honesty, maturity, fully free choice, right motivation, emotional stability, or capacity to establish a community of life and love with another person.

http://www.idotaketwo.com/christian_remarriage.html

I would say Lucas ought to be able to make a pretty solid case he never would have married Chloe had he known about her sexual romping with Daniel and that she only married him because she promised God she would in order to keep God from smiting Lucas. I've never understood why God would only save Lucas if a woman who didn't love him and who had cheated on him agreed to marry him, but I guess that's an entirely different theological question.

six
Member Avatar

I don't understand why they keep bringing Father Matt around and have Chloe asking for an annulment. A. Lucas and Chloe weren't married by the Church. B. Chloe's not even Catholic, and C. A religious annulment isn't the same thing as a legal one, so there's absolutely nothing of use for FM to do here.

Thanks to Meridith today for saying Salem would be better off without Rafe. She might be crazy, but she's right on the money with that one. I hope the mafe segments aren't going to be a regular thing, though.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sami vs. Arianna today was delicious! They need to make these two enemies and fast.

Paxton
Member Avatar

six
Sep 28 2009, 02:55 PM
I don't understand why they keep bringing Father Matt around and have Chloe asking for an annulment. A. Lucas and Chloe weren't married by the Church. B. Chloe's not even Catholic, and C. A religious annulment isn't the same thing as a legal one, so there's absolutely nothing of use for FM to do here.
I thought we were supposed to assume everyone in town is Catholic. As a Protestant, while I respect Catholic priests I would never seek religious advice from one, so I have to assume Chloe either is or wants to be Catholic.

Also, is Daniel Catholic? (See my first sentence above, I'm guessing he is.) If Chloe wants to marry Daniel in church (a Catholic church) then I would think she would have to have her prior marriage annulled regardless of who performed the ceremony. I guess I could ask my cousin, who was married in a Protestant church, got divorced, and then converted to Catholicism when she married her second husband. I vaguely thought she had to get an annulment even though her first marriage was not a Catholic ceremony.

Incidentally, I am in no way defending the writers, because I hate them meddling in religious matters when they clearly don't know what they're talking about. I just don't understand how it works but I don't recall ever hearing that only prior Catholic marriages had to be recognized as annulled by the Catholic church prior to a person entering into a second (or in Chloe's case, third) marriage.
Edited by Paxton, Sep 28 2009, 03:32 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Chloe and Lucas were never married in the Catholic church, so they don't need an annullment from the Catholic church. They need a civil divorce...unless there is a thing as a civil annullment if she wanted that.
Other than consulting with a bogus priest (are there any other kind in Salem), Chloe has no need for the church to do anything for her.
Now, if she were married to Brady in a Catholic Church, she would need an annullment from Brady in order to marry Daniel because the Church doesn't recognize a civil divorce, and in the Church's eyes, Chloe is still married to Brady.

Like I have always said, Salem needs to keep the Catholic aspect out of it because they always make a mockery of it and it really ticks me off..

Paxton
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 28 2009, 04:13 PM
Chloe and Lucas were never married in the Catholic church, so they don't need an annullment from the Catholic church. They need a civil divorce...unless there is a thing as a civil annullment if she wanted that.
Other than consulting with a bogus priest (are there any other kind in Salem), Chloe has no need for the church to do anything for her.
I get what you're saying about the Catholic Church only having jurisdiction over church matters, not civil, but it still seems odd to me that a person who had gotten married in, say, a Methodist ceremony could obtain a civil divorce only and then marry a Catholic in a Catholic church.

But once again I'm not surprised to hear Days is spreading religious misinformation. I'm just glad they leave the Lutherans out of it.

esp13
Member Avatar

My understanding based upon a friend's experience is that if you have ever been married before, whether it was a Catholic ceremony or not, then you must have an annulment before you can be married in the Catholic Church. I have a friend who was raised Catholic but who was not allowed to marry in the Catholic Church because her husband had been married before (non-Catholic ceremony). So, they got married in the Episcopalian church instead. So, if Chloe really wants to get married in a Catholic ceremony, then she needs to get two annulments from the church.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This is a soap that has had a character possessed by the devil and many characters return from the dead...Why the debate over an annulment? It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me..I just hope that Daniel and Chloe get written off the show soon.

esp13
Member Avatar

Because debating little tidbits and trying to figure out the answer is sometimes kind of fun. We go round and round about hairstyles and outfits and whatnot as well. This is no different. Nobody is making a big deal about it, we're just discussing it.

aimees76
Member Avatar

You know, I am Catholic and I don't even know. LOL. No one I know has remarried in the church, so I don't know how it works. Most of the Catholics I know that remarried (only know a couple) married at like, hotels or something.

six
Member Avatar

Paxton
Sep 28 2009, 03:30 PM
six
Sep 28 2009, 02:55 PM
I thought we were supposed to assume everyone in town is Catholic. As a Protestant, while I respect Catholic priests I would never seek religious advice from one, so I have to assume Chloe either is or wants to be Catholic.

Also, is Daniel Catholic? (See my first sentence above, I'm guessing he is.) If Chloe wants to marry Daniel in church (a Catholic church) then I would think she would have to have her prior marriage annulled regardless of who performed the ceremony. I guess I could ask my cousin, who was married in a Protestant church, got divorced, and then converted to Catholicism when she married her second husband. I vaguely thought she had to get an annulment even though her first marriage was not a Catholic ceremony.

Incidentally, I am in no way defending the writers, because I hate them meddling in religious matters when they clearly don't know what they're talking about. I just don't understand how it works but I don't recall ever hearing that only prior Catholic marriages had to be recognized as annulled by the Catholic church prior to a person entering into a second (or in Chloe's case, third) marriage.
She's definitely not Catholic unless she recently converted. I only know because she told FM that when they first starting talking, back during the time that she was trying to figure out whether she had to keep her promise to God - he told her he'd talk with her anyway of course, though.

IDK about Daniel. During the time Stephanie was talking to FM, she mentioned that the Kiriakis' are Greek Orthodox...who knows what useful info has been pushed out of my head by random soap facts lol, but IDK if Daniel's family is Greek too.

If she has converted, which is entirely possible, then you're right that it'd make sense for her to seek an annulment.

@KevC, it's not a big deal. We have to have something to talk about though, and the mistakes of the writers is a common topic.

Put me in the camp that's against Danloe going anywhere. :wub:
Edited by six, Sep 28 2009, 05:07 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply