Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; Week of 9/28 - 10/2
Topic Started: Sep 27 2009, 01:29 PM (7,023 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Well, here's what americancatholic.org has to say about a Lucas/Chloe situation:

Quote:

Some Case Studies

7 Joe, a lifelong Catholic, had a miserable first marriage that ended in divorce. He now seeks to marry Joannah, who is Catholic too, but has never married. They are deeply in love and want a Catholic wedding. What if Joe’s previous marriage was “outside the Church,” say, by a justice of the peace?

The Church requires that a baptized Roman Catholic marry before one of its representatives, usually a priest or deacon, unless special permission was granted otherwise. When a Catholic does not observe this requirement and marries “out of the Church,” and eventually divorces, the annulment process involves two steps.

The first is securing the Catholic’s baptismal record, a copy of an official document indicating the location of the marriage and the person who performed the ceremony, and the divorce papers. The second is completing a relatively brief form that seeks the above information and asks a few additional questions about circumstances concerning the celebration of the marriage.

This form and the supporting documents showing who witnessed the wedding are sent to the bishop’s office or, more specifically, his diocesan marriage tribunal. It ordinarily processes the application in a few days and returns the petitioner an annulment or declaration of nullity based on the “lack of canonical form.” The individual is now free to pursue subsequent marriage within the Church.

http://www.americancatholic.org/newsletters/cu/ac1002.asp

This assumes, of course, that Chloe is a baptized Roman Catholic and that she wants to marry Daniel in a Catholic ceremony. If both those things are true--and I have no idea why she would be talking to a priest about an annulment if they weren't--then it certainly seems from this that she needs an annulment, which would be relatively simply granted because it wasn't a true marriage in the Church's eyes in the first place.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I agree, it's kind of fun discussing little tidbits of the show like the annulment and Catholicism.

A strange line keeps coming up on my screen that looks like a scratch on the film.

The only nice thing I can say about Danloe is that it's a little sexy when Dan plays with Chloe's hair. Otherwise, I cant wait until they are done with their little fiasco of a relationship.

Poor Nicole having to endure EJ's constant accusations. She should kick him in the nuts the next time he puts his hands around her neck. Nicole's necklace today looked like metal shavings, I liked it and hated it all at the same time.

I thought Casey D. did really well in finding out about his baby being given up for adoption and so did Taylor. Seems like all he has to do now is go to his parents who IIRC are afluent judges or political figures assuming they would want Chad to be a father.

Brady needs to get a life.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I so wish...just once...that Nicole would slap EJ's hands away from her neck! She has been in abusive relationships before, so maybe she reverts, but no matter if she is lying or not, Ej needs to keep the hands away from the strangling position.
When it comes to Nicole vs. EJ, she always comes off as a sympathetic character for having to put up with his hostile ass. The good old EJ would pretend everything is good, get Nicole to relax then go digging like mad until he found the truth and mess with her with it...he wouldn't sit there and throw accusations, and keep asking for the truth. He would have found it by now.
Maybe that is what love does to EJ.

I hated Nicole's dress and that neckline. Hated the hair and bangs.

After reading Casey D's twitters recently, he has become more attractive to me. He was always good looking, but nice guy + good looking = hot.

I love that neither Daniel or Chloe think that anything is wrong with Chloe jumping into another marriage...this will be her third marriage and 2nd rebound marriage.

Thanks for the info about the annullments, Pax. Knowing Chloe and Lucas got married in Vegas, I figured those two needed a divorce before Chloe could marry in the Church...not Fr. Matt granting her an annullment. But IRL, I have no clue about Christian marriages/Catholic marriages/annullments. Always good to learn new stuff! :) Either way, Days should just ignore stuff like that...like they do with kids on the show and Uncle Mickey.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

While I do agree that EJ can be downright scary when he gets pissed at Nicole - he did not grab her by the neck in today's episode. If you watch he wrapped those big, huge hands around the back of her head with his thumbs on her face. He wasn't choking her or attempting to. In fact, the only time I ever remember seeing EJ with his hand at her throat was when she had the nightmare around Christmastime that he was standing over her looking at her pregnancy padding on the bed when she woke up from her nap. But that was her nightmare (my fantasy :lol: ), not the reality. But you're right - EJ never used to show his anger like this with Sami. He worked to stay a step ahead of her - and succeeded most of the time. A huge difference and one of the reasons I :wub: EJami. :)

Brady's freak out with Mia was nice - but...uh...why the hell did he need to go talk to her right now when he has no idea what will come of his screw up? What exactly is Mia supposed to do with that? Oh! Wait! It was a plot point to enable Chad to find out she had a baby? Got it. :rolleyes:

Daniel and Chloe's random conversations with Victor and Father Matt didn't do much for me today. As much as I have been loving Victor lately - his reaction to Chloe always just hits me as weird. I much prefer him lobbing bombs at Kate and Stefano! :tounge:

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the Sami/Arianna scenes today. I think this was the first time I got anything other than peppy cheerleader from Lindsay Hartley. It was refreshing to see her throw down a bit.

Overall, an okay show. Not quite as entertaining as pretty much every day last week - but definitely better than most of the summer combined.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ Oh, please!
Do you really wanna go there. EJ has done WORSE to Sami, but some people tend to forget it or ignore it. When EJ even puts his hands on someone (especially Nicole), its called "abusive" or "he's wasnt like that with Sami."

I think we all should be in any woman's corner when men use physical actions towards women, not discuss how he's "less abusive."

Next time he does that shit....Nicole NEEDS to tell him, BACK OFF and kick him in the balls!

What I saw today, I wouldnt consider abuse, but I dont like it either. There are many ways to convey anger then that.

I really dont post that much here because it always winds down to SAFE v Ejami v Ejole, but I had to say something about the argument made by some about EJ's actions towards Nicole.
Edited by Liz<3Days, Sep 28 2009, 08:41 PM.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

The show wasn't that great for me today.

I FF through pretty much all things Danloe. I like Daniel. I like Chloe. I do not like them together.

Victor/Daniel was just OK. Enough with Victor calling women "whores".

EJ catching a clue was good. How sad is it that SmartEJ is such a foreign concept to Nicole that she was briefly rendered speechless. I find EJole absolutely terrible, and it's not even fun anymore to watch them implode. Just painful and unentertaining.

Meredith cracking Rafe was pretty good. GG's acting is still horrendously bad. He seems bored out of his mind in most of his scenes.

Alligato
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 28 2009, 07:47 PM
But that was her nightmare (my fantasy :lol: ), not the reality. But you're right - EJ never used to show his anger like this with Sami. He worked to stay a step ahead of her - and succeeded most of the time. A huge difference and one of the reasons I :wub: EJami. :)

:OhMy:
:hmmph: Um...I kind of remember EJ pretending to be a doctor and injecting a "poison" into Sami's IV while she was pregnant in order to scare the shit out of her when he was mad at her. Then, making her think she was crazy. Granted, he did really sexy, but still. :smile:
I guess for Sami, EJ was mentally/psychologically abusive, and for Nicole, it comes off as physically abusive (i.e. throwing shit, hands on neck). And granted, he wasn't choking her, but it looked like a means to intimidate/scare her.
I am sure if Rafe did it to Sami, he would be crowned abusive asshole for the year not deserving of any woman ever...excuse me, abusive boring asshole of the year. :wink:

I miss you, Liz, but I understand.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I was surprised Nicole didn't fake some emergency/injury to avoid hopping on the plane back to Salem. That totally defeats the purpose of her plan ... to stay in Paris with EJ and Sidney permanently.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I said it already earlier, and I'll say it again. Sami and Arianna's scenes were great! I'm not sure if this is their first scene together since Lindsey Hartley joined the show, but this is the first scene I've seen them in together. Seeing Hartley and Alison Sweeney in the same scene was weird at first, but then once things started going, I got chills. Sami and Arianna need to remain enemies forever. I would totally love to see them at each other's throats on the daily. Hopefully, both ladies will ditch Rafe and Brady so that we can see the two of them in a triangle fighting over another man.

Meredith is a psycho bitch. I hope we get a fight scene between her and Sami if it's Sami who saves Rafe. Meredith could be Kristen to Sami's Marlena.

For some reason, I don't enjoy EJ's random trips to the dark side. It sounds good on paper, but the material they give him, or maybe it's James Scott's choice at acting out the material, it comes off as just off. He's always screaming and I just roll my eyes every time he gets upset and yells. It's too much. This is not the same EJ DiMera that beat the shit out of Patrick Lockhart with his belt. I was scared of that EJ. This one, not so much.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to accept Daniel and Chloe. Maybe it's because that horrible affair storyline is over.

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 28 2009, 09:36 PM
Meredith could be Kristen to Sami's Marlena.
For your sake, I hope Kenny doesn't read that, LoL.

Quote:

For some reason, I don't enjoy EJ's random trips to the dark side. It sounds good on paper, but the material they give him, or maybe it's James Scott's choice at acting out the material, it comes off as just off. He's always screaming and I just roll my eyes every time he gets upset and yells. It's too much.

It's definitely Scott's acting. I haven't seen today's show yet, but the quick snippet of E.J. that I saw in the previews for today's show was atrocious. Over the top doesn't even begin to describe it. Unfortunately, I've resigned myself to the fact that we'll probably never get the E.J. of Fall 2006 back.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
I said it already earlier, and I'll say it again. Sami and Arianna's scenes were great! I'm not sure if this is their first scene together since Lindsey Hartley joined the show, but this is the first scene I've seen them in together. Seeing Hartley and Alison Sweeney in the same scene was weird at first, but then once things started going, I got chills. Sami and Arianna need to remain enemies forever. I would totally love to see them at each other's throats on the daily. Hopefully, both ladies will ditch Rafe and Brady so that we can see the two of them in a triangle fighting over another man.

It was their first scene together and I agree it was great. Lindsey Hartley is GOLD in confrontational scenes and she did some of her best work in scenes opposite her foes. I would love for Sami and Arianna to be enemies.

I also have to agree with Mason. The writing isn't always there but most of the time it's Scott's acting. Ever since summer 2007 when the show began insta-redeeming EJ, the character and actor lost something. Once in awhile, Scott's good but he has more misses then hits in the past few years.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Sep 28 2009, 08:12 PM
^ Oh, please!
Do you really wanna go there. EJ has done WORSE to Sami, but some people tend to forget it or ignore it. When EJ even puts his hands on someone (especially Nicole), its called "abusive" or "he's wasnt like that with Sami."

I think we all should be in any woman's corner when men use physical actions towards women, not discuss how he's "less abusive."

Next time he does that shit....Nicole NEEDS to tell him, BACK OFF and kick him in the balls!

What I saw today, I wouldnt consider abuse, but I dont like it either. There are many ways to convey anger then that.

I really dont post that much here because it always winds down to SAFE v Ejami v Ejole, but I had to say something about the argument made by some about EJ's actions towards Nicole.
I think what he did today was abusive and he's been shown similar treatment to Sami, Kate, & Melanie. EJ's roughed up Sami before too, he put his hands around her neck and squeezed that night they had their rendevous at the cabin in 2007. EJ certainly was no gentleman with Kate when he grabbed her by the throat at the pier the night he was drunk and was pissed that she told him "be a man!"

While I understand why Nicole doesn't do it, I SOOOOOOOOOO want her to get her balls back and tell him "TO KEEP HIS FUCKING HANDS OFF!"

I really dont know what James Scott is thinking this is doing for his character. Usually I like the rough dark characters but even I find this offputting.

Liz, hopefully you keeping posting!
Edited by Halloween Family, Sep 28 2009, 11:44 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

WHY THE FUCK was Meredith quoting Shakespeare while she was torturing Rafe?

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Meredith could be Kristen to Sami's Marlena.
OMG. Drew, what are you smoking?! LoL.

Sami is no Marlena and Meredith sure as hell is no Kristen.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ugh. Why isn't Vivian returning until October 30th? This sucks ass.

Her first scene should be with Victor and Kate, shouting "trick or treat!" as they open the front door of the Kiriakis Mansion. :)

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

DrewHamilton
Hopefully, both ladies will ditch Rafe and Brady so that we can see the two of them in a triangle fighting over another man.

Greg Vaughn as Nicholas Alamain maybe?

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Sep 28 2009, 11:41 PM
Liz<3Days
Sep 28 2009, 08:12 PM
^ Oh, please!

I think what he did today was abusive and he's been shown similar treatment to Sami, Kate, & Melanie. EJ's roughed up Sami before too, he put his hands around her neck and squeezed that night they had their rendevous at the cabin in 2007. EJ certainly was no gentleman with Kate when he grabbed her by the throat at the pier the night he was drunk and was pissed that she told him "be a man!"

While I understand why Nicole doesn't do it, I SOOOOOOOOOO want her to get her balls back and tell him "TO KEEP HIS FUCKING HANDS OFF!"

I really dont know what James Scott is thinking this is doing for his character. Usually I like the rough dark characters but even I find this offputting.

Liz, hopefully you keeping posting!
ITA with all you said. EJ has been both physically and emotionally abusive to women. A man should never be putting his hands on a woman except out of love and yes-- there is no less or more abusive. It is just plain abuse. EJ certainly could have handled that situation a lot differently than he did. Seeing the rage and ranting all the time has gone too far, IMO. His character has gone down the tubes with all of those actions, and I don't see how it can be redeemed at this point.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Halloween Family
Sep 28 2009, 11:41 PM
I think what he did today was abusive and he's been shown similar treatment to Sami, Kate, & Melanie. EJ's roughed up Sami before too, he put his hands around her neck and squeezed that night they had their rendevous at the cabin in 2007.
Ahhh...you know what? You're right - I had forgotten about that scene. Or maybe I blocked it out because I do remember being uncomfortable with it at the time.

So I stand corrected. EJ does have a history of putting his hands on women in a menacing, abusive way.

jane1978

Watching today from internet and both Casey and Taylor are really good. I think all the Taylor bashers will be surprised, especially as the episode progresses.

I quess Chad is the new EJ in the making. The way he hovers above Mia, his threatening pose and calm anger with clenched teeth, and finally the angry outburst, the guy can be so scary. It´s crazy what this poor 15 year old girl has to go through. This story is like the best PA for a save sex ever. I´m feeling so sorry for her, especially when Chad starts to yell and seems this close to hit her. I know he is frustrated and everything, but there is something downright sinister at him. They definitely have to make him either Alamain or DiMera.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

jane1978
Sep 29 2009, 12:16 PM
Watching today from internet and both Casey and Taylor are really good. I think all the Taylor bashers will be surprised, especially as the episode progresses.

I quess Chad is the new EJ in the making. The way he hovers above Mia, his threatening pose and calm anger with clenched teeth, and finally the angry outburst, the guy can be so scary. It´s crazy what this poor 15 year old girl has to go through. This story is like the best PA for a save sex ever. I´m feeling so sorry for her, especially when Chad starts to yell and seems this close to hit her. I know he is frustrated and everything, but there is something downright sinister at him. They definitely have to make him either Alamain or DiMera.
I have always equated Chad with EJ, while Will is more like Rafe.
Chad is rougher and more controlling; Will is sweeter and the "do anything for you guy".

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply