Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; Week of 9/28 - 10/2
Topic Started: Sep 27 2009, 01:29 PM (6,999 Views)
Southofsoap
Member Avatar

The Chad and Mia scenes were actually good today (Tuesday's episode). I wasn't expecting that, lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 29 2009, 11:21 AM
Halloween Family
Sep 28 2009, 11:41 PM
I think what he did today was abusive and he's been shown similar treatment to Sami, Kate, & Melanie. EJ's roughed up Sami before too, he put his hands around her neck and squeezed that night they had their rendevous at the cabin in 2007.
Ahhh...you know what? You're right - I had forgotten about that scene. Or maybe I blocked it out because I do remember being uncomfortable with it at the time.

So I stand corrected. EJ does have a history of putting his hands on women in a menacing, abusive way.
I remember being uncomfortable and thinking the scene was incredibly sexy all at the same time, it was conflicting and compelling. But I do remember all the ugly and beautiful shades to this character. I'm going to tred lightly here because I dont want to give the impression I am condoning violence but I dont want to be dampered by trying to be too PC... When he was doing all those awful things to Sami, there was some sort of balance, I guess. There was character development of EJ. When he was rough with Kate is was to illustrate his state of mind, his vulnerability of having his ego squashed and his issues with his father. When he was rough with Melanie it was overkill. When he's like this with Nicole you have very little insights into his character, all I see is him being suspicious over stupid mundane things, weakening him. Then you have Nicole trying to smooth his ruffled feathers and excuse his behavior and putting up with shit. There's not even an inkling of her questioning whether or not she ended up with the frog instead of the prince. James Scott's portrayal isn't helping matters any either. Yes, he recognizes that there are only so many times EJ can enter a room and misinterpret what he over hears but i would think at some point JS would want to have less screen time because essentially this s/l has very little to do with EJ. There's a big difference is the way evil EJ was written and portrayed in 2007 which had a James Bond flair (James Bond strangles a woman with her own bra, controversial in of itself) and what is being shown now.
Edited by Halloween Family, Sep 29 2009, 03:43 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Today's show was boring. Taylor Spreitler still sucks ass and she still looks like Cindy Lou Who.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I enjoyed Chad & Mia's scenes today. He was rightfully pissed off and I thought Casey did a good job of not going over the top with Chad's anger.

The baby that plays Sydney is a cutie pie, even when she's fussy.

AS popping up during SC's trivia question was odd, especially to tell him that it was "kinda hot" that Danloe were making out during Lucas & Chloe's engagement party. :huh1:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Southofsoap
Sep 29 2009, 03:20 PM
The Chad and Mia scenes were actually good today (Tuesday's episode). I wasn't expecting that, lol.
Yep. There scenes were actually my fav. Chad did really well with the emotions and reacted differently than I expected. I anticipated more anger.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

jane1978
Sep 29 2009, 12:16 PM
Watching today from internet and both Casey and Taylor are really good. I think all the Taylor bashers will be surprised, especially as the episode progresses.

I quess Chad is the new EJ in the making. The way he hovers above Mia, his threatening pose and calm anger with clenched teeth, and finally the angry outburst, the guy can be so scary. Its crazy what this poor 15 year old girl has to go through. This story is like the best PA for a save sex ever. Im feeling so sorry for her, especially when Chad starts to yell and seems this close to hit her. I know he is frustrated and everything, but there is something downright sinister at him. They definitely have to make him either Alamain or DiMera.
They both did really well today, I felt equally bad for both characters. I was never afraid that Chad was going to get physical with Mia though. And i know what you mean about it being a good PSA. If my 16 yo stepson had been watching with me I would have been saying "see! look what can happen!"

Casey did a great job in these scenes. I'm not oppose to slobbering crazy anger but that's something an actor has to work hard at selling it. There are many ways to convey anger, grief, etc. and I think CD made some good choices that most likely suited his ability at this point in time. However, I am hoping that Ari Z. busts out something dramatically crazy and hopefully anger directed at EJ when the reveal happens. I have a feeling if anyone can pull it off, it's Ari.

btw, I just saw ABC's Eastwick and the girl that played Abby is playing a teen name Mia of things, lol.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I liked Nicole not backing down from EJ when he grabbed her arm when she tried to go check on Sydney. It's moments like this that remind me of the strong character Nicole is. She'll go toe to toe with anyone, including a DiMera.

I'm loving psycho Meredith!

I'm still loving Sami and Arianna's scenes together. I like them better when they're in scenes and at each other's throats, but today was a nice contrast from yesterday's episode. And I loved Arianna giving a little more insight on she and Rafe's past. Nice cliffhanger with Arianna spotting Meredith outside the Cheatin' Heart.

Taylor Spreitler failed to bring it in her scenes today. However, Casey Deidrick continues to impress me as Chad. He really does a good job picking up the slack from Spreitler and even Dylan Patton once Will entered the scene. I had to laugh at the fight scene though when Will started getting the upper hand on Chad. I don't believe that would ever happen at all. Chad would kick Will's ass. I'm a Chad and Mia fan over a Will and Mia fan so the indication of the two of them getting together is nice for me. I want Will to be so scorned by Mia that he turns into the little badass I know he can become.

Daniel and Chloe continue to grow on me.

Nicole Walker

"I liked Nicole not backing down from EJ when he grabbed her arm when she tried to go check on Sydney. It's moments like this that remind me of the strong character Nicole is. She'll go toe to toe with anyone, including a DiMera."

I loved it. You'd really think she was Sydney's mother if you didn't know she stole the baby. I really wish she was though i have totally fallen in love with Nicole and Sydney scenes.

Alligato
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 29 2009, 10:10 PM
I liked Nicole not backing down from EJ when he grabbed her arm when she tried to go check on Sydney. It's moments like this that remind me of the strong character Nicole is. She'll go toe to toe with anyone, including a DiMera.

I'm loving psycho Meredith!

I'm still loving Sami and Arianna's scenes together. I like them better when they're in scenes and at each other's throats, but today was a nice contrast from yesterday's episode. And I loved Arianna giving a little more insight on she and Rafe's past. Nice cliffhanger with Arianna spotting Meredith outside the Cheatin' Heart.

Taylor Spreitler failed to bring it in her scenes today. However, Casey Deidrick continues to impress me as Chad. He really does a good job picking up the slack from Spreitler and even Dylan Patton once Will entered the scene. I had to laugh at the fight scene though when Will started getting the upper hand on Chad. I don't believe that would ever happen at all. Chad would kick Will's ass. I'm a Chad and Mia fan over a Will and Mia fan so the indication of the two of them getting together is nice for me. I want Will to be so scorned by Mia that he turns into the little badass I know he can become.

Daniel and Chloe continue to grow on me.
Wow! Great post, Drew! You took the words right out of my brain!
I have been finding the EJ/Nicole scenes uncomfortable mainly because I am waiting for EJ to go bat shit, but when I see Nicole give HIM the look where Sydney is concerned, I know that she can take him...and this reveal ought to be awesome with the two of them...if JS can reign it in a bit. AZ will hold her own though.
Nicole is just my fave character on the show, even in the deep shit she is in. I do look forward to when she won't have to keep covering her ass where EJ is concerned.

Rafe is annoying the shit out of me with his blank painful expressions. I just want him to say "you are one crazy ass bitch" instead of "I didn't kill your sister" over and over. She's crazy, man, and she is going to kill you. Give her some good one liners while you have the chance! She already smashed a brick over your head!
Too funny that he changed his password from Emily to Sami on his cellphone. Doesn't he have a dog or something not so conspicuous?

Casey D did good today, and I feel bad for Mia having to deal with his pursuit to find "his daughter". She put this behind her, and he has to keep bringing it up. Mia looks about 15 with her bangs off her forehead, and Chad looks about 23, so their relationship is coming off a bit weird for me.
And yea, Chad would so kick scrawny Will's ass any day.
And because Will's front combover hairstyle just annoys the everliving shit out of me, I am a Chad/Mia fan, and would love for Will to be scorned and turn bad ass. He goodie goodie persona just doesn't fit in with his parents...not like Sami raised him though so I guess it makes a little sense.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

EJ continues to be a prick to Nicole but it was better mainly because Nicole stood up for herself. Even though I am glad she had stopped throwing "I'm taking Sydney and we're outta here" it was a breath of fresh air today.

I enjoyed the teens today, it was good drama. It's also nice to see Sami as a tertiary character once in a blue moon.

Days4Life

So Kate is now going to try to off Stefano through his sweet tooth...and only Nicole sees it! I hate that the once great Stefano Dimera is now reduced to a lovesick fool over the wicked witch of Salem. I'm so over Kate.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I LOVED the Kate/EJ showdown today. Gosh, JS looked gorgeous! The hot hair is back, the stubble is gone. And my inner EJ fangirl emerges!
Dare I get excited, but I saw a hint of oldEJ...in the swagger, in the attitude, especially with Kate, but even with Nicole as he noticed that she was up to something! I truly hope he has something up his sleeve. "You are not the only one who can keep secrets, dahling" - classic EJ.

What I originally loved about EJami was the excitement of them trying to play each other...and what fell flat was that neither was in love with the other. In the Nicole/EJ scenario, they are playing each other (I hope EJ plays Nicole a bit) and they are in love....so it could be the battle of the wits/wills, etc.
There is so much potential!

Kate trash talking Nicole, and Nicole trash talking Kate was perfect...loved that Stefano still has Nicole's back. I don't think they baby reveal will be as cut and dry as I am planning it to be, but who knows.
They are really pushing it with AZ's belly. That dress was a tent and she is really showing...the camera angles are pretty good otherwise. The necklace has got to go. Ugh.

Rafe/Meredeth still isn't holding my interest at all. Does Mer really think that a thin brick wall will hold Rafe back? I guess he is still tied to a chair, but still. Kind of zoned with Arianne and Roman...what was that about.
I actually felt bad for Mia today. She came alive a bit today, but still not as good as she used to be. It would be easier if she would just tell Chad that she knows where the baby is and is doing well, than pretending not to.
This is getting good!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 30 2009, 11:42 PM
I LOVED the Kate/EJ showdown today. Gosh, JS looked gorgeous! The hot hair is back, the stubble is gone. And my inner EJ fangirl emerges!
Dare I get excited, but I saw a hint of oldEJ...in the swagger, in the attitude, especially with Kate, but even with Nicole as he noticed that she was up to something! I truly hope he has something up his sleeve. "You are not the only one who can keep secrets, dahling" - classic EJ.

What I originally loved about EJami was the excitement of them trying to play each other...and what fell flat was that neither was in love with the other. In the Nicole/EJ scenario, they are playing each other (I hope EJ plays Nicole a bit) and they are in love....so it could be the battle of the wits/wills, etc.
There is so much potential!

Kate trash talking Nicole, and Nicole trash talking Kate was perfect...loved that Stefano still has Nicole's back. I don't think they baby reveal will be as cut and dry as I am planning it to be, but who knows.
They are really pushing it with AZ's belly. That dress was a tent and she is really showing...the camera angles are pretty good otherwise. The necklace has got to go. Ugh.

Rafe/Meredeth still isn't holding my interest at all. Does Mer really think that a thin brick wall will hold Rafe back? I guess he is still tied to a chair, but still. Kind of zoned with Arianne and Roman...what was that about.
I actually felt bad for Mia today. She came alive a bit today, but still not as good as she used to be. It would be easier if she would just tell Chad that she knows where the baby is and is doing well, than pretending not to.
This is getting good!
I think Ari has gone to Roman for help about her brother. She knows how whacko Meredith is and is now suspicious that Meredith is back in Salem and all of a sudden, Rafe is missing. Hopefully, Roman will help Ari find out what is going on. Ari may tell Roman some of the story about Emily and Meredith, too, which may help to bring out some of that info. I heard that the only reason they brought Mereditih into the mix at all was to further the Sami/Rafe s/l and to help introduce Carly to the show. After that,she will be gone.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

I'm excited to see Carly Friday but I bet she doesn't find Rafe until Monday. :hmmph:
And I gotta point out, I'm lovin' the Ej n Kate stuff. Really those 2 need to hook back up. I remember them 2gether before and it would be exciting! They still have that chemistry together. I could see them hooking up once fatha slips into lala land b/c of all the sweets he's been eating.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

While the show isn't quite up to the pace it was last week, it's still been enjoyable. Joe M is totally cracking me up playing the besotted new bridegroom. :lol: And I loved EJ turning on the charm with Stef N Ho and then turning the snark and accusations back on Nicole when she realized he knew they were married and he hadn't told her.

I enjoyed Sami's scenes with Will - just being his mom and a sounding board. Particularly when he asked how you win back someone's trust and she admitted that's not really something she's mastered.

I think the teens have been doing a surprisingly good job with their scenes this week. For the first time in quite a while I find myself believing that Mia is truly upset - typically she just looks bored out of her mind. The Chad kid is really stepping it up, too.

And I must say, I've found Rafe more tolerable this week than I have in like...forever. I know he's not leaving the show permanantly - but when he comes back maybe he could have lost his voice as well as his memory? Not listening to him droning on as much has been a sweet bonus. :)

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 1 2009, 09:51 AM
While the show isn't quite up to the pace it was last week, it's still been enjoyable. Joe M is totally cracking me up playing the besotted new bridegroom. :lol: And I loved EJ turning on the charm with Stef N Ho and then turning the snark and accusations back on Nicole when she realized he knew they were married and he hadn't told her.

I enjoyed Sami's scenes with Will - just being his mom and a sounding board. Particularly when he asked how you win back someone's trust and she admitted that's not really something she's mastered.

I think the teens have been doing a surprisingly good job with their scenes this week. For the first time in quite a while I find myself believing that Mia is truly upset - typically she just looks bored out of her mind. The Chad kid is really stepping it up, too.

And I must say, I've found Rafe more tolerable this week than I have in like...forever. I know he's not leaving the show permanantly - but when he comes back maybe he could have lost his voice as well as his memory? Not listening to him droning on as much has been a sweet bonus. :)
I agree with the part about it being nice to see Sami being a mom to Will and admitting her own faults with trust. I don't think it's any coincidence that she and Rafe and Mia and Will are all having the same issues. I guess it goes to show that no matter what the age, the relationship problems can be the same.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

OMG Friday's episode is AMAZING.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Oct 1 2009, 11:53 AM
SocRMum1

I agree with the part about it being nice to see Sami being a mom to Will and admitting her own faults with trust. I don't think it's any coincidence that she and Rafe and Mia and Will are all having the same issues. I guess it goes to show that no matter what the age, the relationship problems can be the same.
I don't think Will and Mia's problems are the same as Sami and Rafe's.

Mia broke up with Will because she feels she's being forced to have a relationship with Chad to protect her baby.

Rafe left Sami because she dared to ask him questions about his dead fiance and why her sister thinks he was responsible for her death.

I don't see anything remotely similar. You might try to say that Rafe is protecting Arianna or someone else - but that's just speculation. We don't know that based on what's played out on the show thus far. And he certainly doesn't have someone forcing him to keep the secret from Sami, whatever it is. Apparently he just doesn't trust her enough to tell her about it. :shrug:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 1 2009, 12:03 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 1 2009, 11:53 AM
SocRMum1

I don't think Will and Mia's problems are the same as Sami and Rafe's.

Mia broke up with Will because she feels she's being forced to have a relationship with Chad to protect her baby.

Rafe left Sami because she dared to ask him questions about his dead fiance and why her sister thinks he was responsible for her death.

I don't see anything remotely similar. You might try to say that Rafe is protecting Arianna or someone else - but that's just speculation. We don't know that based on what's played out on the show thus far. And he certainly doesn't have someone forcing him to keep the secret from Sami, whatever it is. Apparently he just doesn't trust her enough to tell her about it. :shrug:
What I meant is that they both have trust issues, which they do. Sami admitted she didn't trust Rafe for awhile, and Will told her yesterday that he had lost Mia's trust and wanted to know how to earn it back.
Arianna told Sami the other day that she did something very wrong and that Rafe stepped in and went to bat for her, and ended up taking quite a big personal hit for it. Whatever that something is, I think we know is what the secret is that Rafe did not want to divulge to Sami. Ari and Rafe had enough conversations about this when Rafe and Sami were breaking up for us to know that. Rafe said to Ari, "You did what you did, and I did what I did, and Emily died b/c of it and we can never ever tell anybody about it."
That is not speculation. We also don't know if Rafe doesn't have someone forcing him to keep the secret from Sami. No one knows that for sure. We also don't know if the reason he hasn't told her about it has anything to do with trust either and we won't for awhile yet.
Mia and Sami both had babies and they kept that fact from the biological fathers and both did it to protect their children and give them the best lives they could.

Cupcake06

darraholic
Oct 1 2009, 12:00 PM
OMG Friday's episode is AMAZING.
Yay! :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply