Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; Week of 9/28 - 10/2
Topic Started: Sep 27 2009, 01:29 PM (6,994 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Today is the big day..I'm going to try to actually watch the show live.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Someone should have told Brady that if your gonna say your back on drugs,you should at least look like it.

NICOLE,NICOLE,NICOLE,caught and STILL lying through her teeth.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I missed today's show. Damn it!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I missed the majority of today's episode. I caught the first 5 minutes and the last like 15. And the ending, I was just like WTF?! Did Carly and Lawrence appear at all throughout the episode?

PeterReckell4ever

No Carly and Lawrence were just on at the very end, about 15 20 seconds maybe. But the look in those eyes of hers, she was cold! LOVED IT, can't wait to see what happens with this story. ..

Nicole still lying thru her teeth, what is up with that? Give it a rest and lets end this part of the story and move one from here.

Enjoyed the show today, and most of the week. Looking forward to more Carly and especially when Viv comes back! How delish that will be.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS is certainly on a roll. Monday's US episode is even better than Friday's. We have 4 scenes of Carly and Bo/Justin are on. Good scenes at Chez Rouge and of course the big confession from Nicole that Sydney is not their biological child!!

GREAT acting from JS and AZ...very good.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Then Carly's return was just as I expected: a complete WTF?! No build up. Nothing. Bo wasn't even on the episode.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DrewHamilton
Oct 2 2009, 03:13 PM
Then Carly's return was just as I expected: a complete WTF?! No build up. Nothing. Bo wasn't even on the episode.
I think that was the point...put her on at the end of a Friday episode, have her stab someone and then end the show with her....leaving viewers wondering WHAT THE FUCK, giving them more reason to tune in on Monday and find out what the fuck happened OR who this chick is.

Monday's episode is a much better episode as far as Carly is concerned.

IMO it was a GREAT way to bring her back.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Sami decided to look for a job,has hell frozen over?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 2 2009, 03:38 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 2 2009, 03:13 PM
I think that was the point...put her on at the end of a Friday episode, have her stab someone and then end the show with her....leaving viewers wondering WHAT THE FUCK, giving them more reason to tune in on Monday and find out what the fuck happened OR who this chick is.
I agree with this.

It's kind of interesting for once to see someone returning completely out of the blue like this without any foreshadowing.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

BalscoFan5
Oct 2 2009, 03:51 PM
Sami decided to look for a job,has hell frozen over?
:laugh:

At least they admitted she's not qualified to do much.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Kudos to James and Ari for today's work..Their scenes where fantastic..It's crazy how easy it is for Nicole to come up with new lies...And I'm so glad that Ej finally figured it out..Can't wait for their scenes monday...Also I love Eric Martsolf as Brady. He is perfect for the role..I enjoyed the Sami and Brady scenes today. They have a great brother/sister chemistry..

And I can't wait to see more Carly on Monday...Great cliffhanger.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I hope we get a promo like this when Vivian returns!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

The Ejole and Brady scenes were good but I wish today's show had been edited differently. It was too jarring to go from the intensity of being on pins and needles to seeing the unentertaining brand of crazy Merideth has and Sami's dog grooming fiasco.

James gave a decent performance today, I think he could have done better but I sat watching in fear he was going to hurt Nicole which is a good sign. EJ's smoldering hate ,pain and betrayal was conveyed very well. Him questioning "who is that girl laying upstairs" also a good move since his life is being turned upside down. I am looking forward to seeing where they take this and how far they have EJ going with this. Not to mention, Stefano's reaction. Also, they made a good choice having the room be dead silent while EJ was yelling, his voice boomed with echoes which was very scary.

While I enjoy Sami interaction with others like Mia/Roman and Chad and Will's confrontations the rest of the stuff from today's episode could have been dumped. It was a good effect, though, having the scraping sounds of the trowel spreading the mortar on the bricks.

One thing I would like the hair department to do is quit styling the actors hair in their face. Nicole's bangs were poking her in the eyes and it was detracting from her performance. The actor can convey a lot of emotion and volumes of the story just by facial expression.

Carly looks different from what I remember. I hope they do some flashbacks of her time in Salem so viewers like me can remember what her story was like.

Cant wait till mon show.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Oct 2 2009, 05:15 PM
Carly looks different from what I remember. I hope they do some flashbacks of her time in Salem so viewers like me can remember what her story was like.
From what I've read, it sounds like we'll have plenty of flashbacks.

I the meantime, you should check out some Carly clips on YouTube. There's lots of Bo/Carly stuff and quite a bit of the Buried Alive storyline.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 2 2009, 07:58 AM
I think there were two reasons for having these Meredith/Rafe scenes. An admin on another site said the reason for this scenario was to advance the Sami/Rafe storyline; also, I believe they needed a way to bring Carly into the Salem scene. In so much as she is a doctor, it is fitting that she find Rafe and tend to him. I believe she also calls Bo and asks for his help with finding out who Rafe is and who is family is since ole Meredith lifted his wallet. Since she is on the run, she has to stay out of the mainsteam with Rafe and calling Bo is a good way to get Rafe back where he belongs without revealing herself, yet.
Your right. Believe me, I'm not a Rafe or GG hater but it was cumbersome for me to sit and watch Rafe passed out while Merideth played crazy chick off her meds was not very convincing.

i'm glad to hear flashbacks are in stored because Days' history is one of their assets and they should capitalize on it.

Also, the fake belly didn't play off as poorly as it sounded in the spoiler, it was one of EJ's mind games. Nicole's initial reaction to it was great but she kept trying to explain it away when it wasn't necessary, I guess she dug herself in a hole.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

When i first heard about the fake belly pad I thought Nicole had been stupid enough to keep it around and that's what EJ found..so glad that wasn't the case..I loved that scene..Nicole was like "WTF?"

Gina
Member Avatar

I am Catholic...though my Father always told me never talk about religion or politics...lol...it may start an arguement.
Yet I knew Daniel was Catholic because Victor said he was his Godfather, and Daniel his Godson. As far as an annullment..it has to take place or you can't get remarried in a church. You can be married once in a Catholic church, then divorced and remarried in a chapel. But according to the church (even though your legally remarried). The church still sees you as still Mrs. whomever from your first marraige. I know because I was married in a Catholic church...divorced..then remarried in a chapel. Yet to this day when I enter that church I'm still Mrs....my former husbands last name. I don't agree with it...yet that's how it works.

I look foreward to Carly coming back to Days. I love Peter Reckel, and I also hope this stirs things up in Hopes mind. She's a fool for leaving Bo. I've always loved them together.

Posted Image

Harmony233

After watching the Carly and Lawrence scene they actually make EJ and Nicole and Kate and Stefano seem sane.LOL

sungrey

DrewHamilton
Oct 2 2009, 03:00 PM
I missed the majority of today's episode. I caught the first 5 minutes and the last like 15. And the ending, I was just like WTF?! Did Carly and Lawrence appear at all throughout the episode?
No, that was it. About 10 seconds and that's all. You can't just drop in a scene like that and expect people to get it. I mean yeah, we all knew CC was coming back, but someone who is spoiler-free is going to go "Who the hell are these characters?"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply