Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Carly spoiler pic
Topic Started: Sep 28 2009, 06:57 PM (3,887 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Lawrence looks like such a scumbag in this picture. Even moreso than usual, LoL.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

oooooo....looking good!!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Are you guys still able to view the image? I see nothing :(

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

^^Yeah, I still see it.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Here's another one:

Posted Image

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I want more of these LOL. Where are you all getting them from? :laugh: .

CC looks great. MS looks rough but I think that it fits given the circumstances.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I can't wait to watch this...

KMan101
Member Avatar

I really think CC's return is the shot in the arm this show needs. I really hope it doesn't flop like Steve and Kayla's return did.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

KMan101
Sep 28 2009, 10:15 PM
I really think CC's return is the shot in the arm this show needs. I really hope it doesn't flop like Steve and Kayla's return did.
The show's done well enough without her this year but I agree. It needed a big jolt if it wants to attract major attention and attempt to bring in even better numbers. CC is one of the few (if not the only) soap stars getting mainstream attention right now so it makes this move look even better and Louise Sorel is a fan favorite that many current fans should still remember (as opposed to someone out of the 80's).

I really hope it works out for Days. The show has been solid all year (with the exception of a somewhat slow July) and it's just continued to get better and better. CC and Sorel returning should up the ante big time and I hope the numbers respond.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I think I'll cry when I actually see Louise back in action. That's how happy I am about her return.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 28 2009, 10:21 PM
KMan101
The show's done well enough without her this year but I agree. It needed a big jolt if it wants to attract major attention and attempt to bring in even better numbers. CC is one of the few (if not the only) soap stars getting mainstream attention right now so it makes this move look even better and Louise Sorel is a fan favorite that many current fans should still remember (as opposed to someone out of the 80's).

I really hope it works out for Days. The show has been solid all year (with the exception of a somewhat slow July) and it's just continued to get better and better. CC and Sorel returning should up the ante big time and I hope the numbers respond.
These pictures are just funny.

I think so far, this year's ratings and last year's ratings are actually about the same. They end up averaging out really close. 2008 had 10 weeks below a 2.0 (before this week of September), and so far 2009 has had 9. 2008 had a 2.4, 2008 had two 2.4s and the highest 2009 has gotten is 2.2. To actually get ahead for the year, they're going to need to do something. I for one could not care less about Carly, Vivian, Lawrence, or even Justin (he's getting on my nerves currently). But at this point, Carly's story does at least sound a little bit interesting. I just hope she doesn't come over, and completely dominate the airtime (though I don't mind her pushing Sami aside...).

LovingDays

i could care less about Jarlena worst couple in Daytime there are so boringggg

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Sep 28 2009, 10:53 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 28 2009, 10:21 PM
KMan101

These pictures are just funny.

I think so far, this year's ratings and last year's ratings are actually about the same. They end up averaging out really close. 2008 had 10 weeks below a 2.0 (before this week of September), and so far 2009 has had 9. 2008 had a 2.4, 2008 had two 2.4s and the highest 2009 has gotten is 2.2. To actually get ahead for the year, they're going to need to do something. I for one could not care less about Carly, Vivian, Lawrence, or even Justin (he's getting on my nerves currently). But at this point, Carly's story does at least sound a little bit interesting. I just hope she doesn't come over, and completely dominate the airtime (though I don't mind her pushing Sami aside...).
In all honesty, I wouldn't count one of those 2.4's because it came during the Olympics. Without the Olympic lead-in, Days would've never brought in the ratings it did that week. I believe many questioned if people even watched the show that week given the Olympics is usually on in restaurants, bars, etc and the TV could've easily been left on following the Olympic events.

Sara Bibel and SON posted some great numbers. Days is the only show that either sustained it's audience or went up vs last year in each category. No other show did that. In this day and age of bleeding ratings for both daytime and primetime, minimal increases or merely staying the same IS an accomplishment. Days' success is made all the more impressive by the fact that they got rid of popular vets, went through a crazy transition, and didn't really have any big stunts for ratings unless you count Grace's death but that came from within the story. The only two 2.4's Days got in 2008 stemmed from ratings stunts (the plane crash and the hospital lockdown). Not to mention I already mentioned the Olympics potentially inflating the numbers for the hospital lockdown week.

The thing about CC is that she's really the only star in soaps getting mainstream attention unless you count Ali Sweeney but CC has her beat appearing on CNN and such. I think Days has been very smart about who've they've brought on the show. They've reached out to Passions fans and now they are reaching out to GL/Otalia/CC fans. Bringing back Louise Sorel will bring back some old fans. You take all that and add it to what Days has and if they continue as they have this year, I think they could finally break out of the 2.0-2.2 range they've been stuck in for most of the year. We'll see but the good thing is I don't see Days dropping below 2.0 at all until at least May when summer is approaching, which seems to be when Days sees lower numbers nowadays.

SomeSoupRocks
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Sep 28 2009, 10:56 PM
i could care less about Jarlena worst couple in Daytime there are so boringggg
At one point in time all couples get boring and that is The Writers or Their Team Fault!!!!

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Friday can't come any faster.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I disagree that Crystal Chappell is more mainstream than Alison Sweeney. Sweeney hosts one of the most popular reality shows on television every week.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Chappell and did a happy dance when I learned she was returning to DAYS as Carly, but she is not bigger in the mainstream press than Alison Sweeney. In daytime I would say she is, but mainstream no.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Sep 29 2009, 01:38 AM
I disagree that Crystal Chappell is more mainstream than Alison Sweeney. Sweeney hosts one of the most popular reality shows on television every week.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Chappell and did a happy dance when I learned she was returning to DAYS as Carly, but she is not bigger in the mainstream press than Alison Sweeney. In daytime I would say she is, but mainstream no.
Mitch, let me clarify.

CC is more hot right now then Ali is. Ali's been hosting TBL for awhile now but she isn't exactly commanding alot of attention because she's been doing that gig for a few years now. The only other notable thing outside of Days she did of late was the MDA telethon. CC, on the other hand, has been on CNN and various talk shows promoting Venice and the Otalia romance brought alot of attention to her and GL. She's big RIGHT NOW so her return could have major impact whereas Sweeney's pretty much still where's been so she's not the hot name right now. Now, if Ali came out tomorrow and was announced as getting a new talk show on NBC or something, then things would be different and she would be the hot name.

That is what I'm talking about. The name that is going to make an impact right now is more likely to be CC because she's had a year that has brought her major attention and upped her star level.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Wow, in my head I expected Lawrence to look the same as he did back in the early 1990's and as he did on B&B, or at least aged at the same pace as CC, since they are married. But he looks like he has had the John Callahan rapid ageing syndrome.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

This is an enlarged version of an earlier pic posted. It is from the TV Guide print magazine. There is a 2 page interview with Crystal where she talks about her new web soap Venice. Nothing new about Days in the piece that hasn't already been discussed.

Posted Image

Interesting that she's still wearing her wedding ring.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply