Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoiler Tweets from SoaptownUSA, 9/28
Topic Started: Sep 28 2009, 10:18 PM (4,430 Views)
ilovemydays

I think it is fairly clear that if Nicole has to chose between Sydney and EJ she would choose Sydney.
Nicole's fight to keep Sydney as her daughter might be selfish but that does not negate her love for that little girl.

Nicole was going to tell everything to EJ after Grace passed away but Stefano warned her that to do so could cost EJ custody of Johnny and Sydney. Sami is still very much in love with Rafe and she made it clear that he is the man she wants to be in her life acting as a father to her children.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i can definitely see why nicole thinks she is fighting for sydney. right before she took her from sami, we heard sami telling a nun that getting pregnant with sydney was the worst mistake of her life. then today, we basically get ej dumping sydney out on the street, knowing she will grow up without a father, and not really giving a crap one way or the other because nicole lied to him.

so yeah, i can certainly see why nicole might feel sydney is better off without sami or ej. her case against sami is the weakest now, because as we all saw, sami did take grace home and ended up raising her and loving her. but does ej deserve to know he is sydney's real father? i'm not sure. he doesn't love her unconditionally, and doesn't care about her well-being, period, so it's very difficult for me to suggest that sydney would be better off with a man that only cared about her when he thought they shared DNA.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

ilovemydays
Oct 12 2009, 12:10 PM
I think it is fairly clear that if Nicole has to chose between Sydney and EJ she would choose Sydney.
Nicole's fight to keep Sydney as her daughter might be selfish but that does not negate her love for that little girl.

Nicole was going to tell everything to EJ after Grace passed away but Stefano warned her that to do so could cost EJ custody of Johnny and Sydney. Sami is still very much in love with Rafe and she made it clear that he is the man she wants to be in her life acting as a father to her children.

Any parent understands that to truly love your child unconditionally you put THEIR needs first - despite how painful that might be for the adult. It has nothing to do with whether Nicole would pick EJ or Sydney, nor how Sami feels about Rafe.

Nicole knows that Sydney would have a good life with two parents that will love her, protect her and provide for her if she were to admit the truth. It's that simple. The ONLY reason she isn't doing that is for her own selfish needs.

She loves Sydney - just not enough to do what's best for her. And that does negate the love she feels for her.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Um...Sami left her daughter alone right after birth to keep her away from EJ. And was happy to let another man be her daughter's father. EJ kicked Sydney out on her ass because he was angry.
So yea, if I were Nicole, I could definitely give a reason as to why I think it might be a good idea to raise Sydney myself...thinking soley of the baby. Too much stupid drama with the other two. ;)
That's just me.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Oct 12 2009, 12:13 PM
i can definitely see why nicole thinks she is fighting for sydney. right before she took her from sami, we heard sami telling a nun that getting pregnant with sydney was the worst mistake of her life. then today, we basically get ej dumping sydney out on the street, knowing she will grow up without a father, and not really giving a crap one way or the other because nicole lied to him.

so yeah, i can certainly see why nicole might feel sydney is better off without sami or ej. her case against sami is the weakest now, because as we all saw, sami did take grace home and ended up raising her and loving her. but does ej deserve to know he is sydney's real father? i'm not sure. he doesn't love her unconditionally, and doesn't care about her well-being, period, so it's very difficult for me to suggest that sydney would be better off with a man that only cared about her when he thought they shared DNA.
Again, I'm not defending EJ's reaction to the news - but the simple fact is, Nicole is allowing him to believe that Sydney is not his biological daughter because it best suits her needs. All of this begins and ends with Nicole's actions and reactions. So to say that she now has reason to doubt that Sydney would be well loved and cared for by either EJ or Sami is basically a mute point and only gives her another convenient excuse. It is not based on the reality of the situation - which is that she knows EJ does love Sydney and is only questioning his role in her life (and hers in his) because of Nicole's manipulations.

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 12:15 PM
ilovemydays

Any parent understands that to truly love your child unconditionally you put THEIR needs first - despite how painful that might be for the adult. It has nothing to do with whether Nicole would pick EJ or Sydney, nor how Sami feels about Rafe.

Nicole knows that Sydney would have a good life with two parents that will love her, protect her and provide for her if she were to admit the truth. It's that simple. The ONLY reason she isn't doing that is for her own selfish needs.

She loves Sydney - just not enough to do what's best for her. And that does negate the love she feels for her.

By your own argument EJ doesn't love Johnny or Sydney!

Was EJ putting Johnny's needs first when he sought sole custody in order to punish Sami?
Was EJ putting Johnny's needs first when he had the sleeping child out of bed so that he could give him comfort?
Was EJ putting Sydney's needs first when he tossed her out of the mansion?

Nope.

michelle
Member Avatar

I ask this to all who are "out there" with children.

If your child was taken after you gave birth, ON PURPOSE, would you want to know? Would you want your child back - even if the person raising your child loved it completely and they were the only mother your child knew?

Would you feel compassion for the person that took your child or would you press charges?

I know this show is not real, but I find it funny how so many have so much compassion for Nicole! I love Ari and she is a great actress, but I think Nicole is bad bad bad.

I would feel completely different if she kept Mia's kid, but she did not. I get how she wanted to give EJ's kid back to him, but she should have told him when doing so. I believe she is completely motivated by her own selfishness so that Nicole gets what Nicole wants.

ilovemydays

michelle
Oct 12 2009, 12:24 PM

If your child was taken after you gave birth, ON PURPOSE, would you want to know? Would you want your child back - even if the person raising your child loved it completely and they were the only mother your child knew?

Would you feel compassion for the person that took your child or would you press charges?

I know this show is not real, but I find it funny how so many have so much compassion for Nicole! I love Ari and she is a great actress, but I think Nicole is bad bad bad.

I would feel completely different if she kept Mia's kid, but she did not. I get how she wanted to give EJ's kid back to him, but she should have told him when doing so. I believe she is completely motivated by her own selfishness so that Nicole gets what Nicole wants.

Lets make this a bit more accurate.

How would you feel if the wife of the father of your child had taken the child you were going to hide from him and raise it with another man and switched it with another child so that she could raise it with the biological father?

IA, what Nicole did to Mia was pretty awful despite the writers adding in that Mia thought that Sami and Rafe were wonderful parents and that Grace was lucky to be adopted by them.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Oct 12 2009, 12:23 PM
SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 12:15 PM
ilovemydays

By your own argument EJ doesn't love Johnny or Sydney!

Was EJ putting Johnny's needs first when he sought sole custody in order to punish Sami?
Was EJ putting Johnny's needs first when he had the sleeping child out of bed so that he could give him comfort?
Was EJ putting Sydney's needs first when he tossed her out of the mansion?

Nope.
My point is that Nicole KNOWS that Sydney would not be at risk of being on the street, or growing up without a father if she'd simply tell the truth. Nicole's current actions prove that her needs come before Sydney's or anyone else's.

I have never said that either EJ or Sami are perfect. No one is. But they ARE Sydney's true parents and given that information both will no doubt love her and protect her, as they have with their other children. Nicole's continued insistence of keeping their daughter from them can't be defended by pointing out the mistakes that either of them have made as parents - because she is proving right now that she is certainly no better. And even if she were, it is never okay to steal someone else's child, regardless of the excuses why.

michelle
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Oct 12 2009, 12:31 PM
michelle

How would you feel if the wife of the father of your child had taken the child you were going to hide from him and raise it with another man and switched it with another child so that she could raise it with the biological father?

IA, what Nicole did to Mia was pretty awful despite the writers adding in that Mia thought that Sami and Rafe were wonderful parents and that Grace was lucky to be adopted by them.

No, I'm asking all those who feel so much sympathy for Nicole if you would feel the sympathy if Nicole had taken YOUR child. Would you feel so sorry for her then?

Believe me - Sami is no princess, but this is about Nicole and this baby and what she has done.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ilovemydays

How does that make it any different - or accurate? If you are saying Nicole's motivation was to allow EJ to raise his biological child that pretty much gets thrown out the window now that she's allowing him to believe that Sydney is NOT his, in order to cover her own ass.

It's pretty clear now that as much as that might seem to soften it, EJ raising his own child was not Nicole's primary motivation.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

michelle

The argument that Nicole just wanted to make sure EJ had his kid never held up for me. If that was all she really wanted to accomplish, she would have just told EJ that she found out Sami was pregnant. But deep down she must have known what would happen if EJ found out Sami was having his baby.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 12:21 PM
Again, I'm not defending EJ's reaction to the news - but the simple fact is, Nicole is allowing him to believe that Sydney is not his biological daughter because it best suits her needs. All of this begins and ends with Nicole's actions and reactions. So to say that she now has reason to doubt that Sydney would be well loved and cared for by either EJ or Sami is basically a mute point and only gives her another convenient excuse. It is not based on the reality of the situation - which is that she knows EJ does love Sydney and is only questioning his role in her life (and hers in his) because of Nicole's manipulations.

luckily(or unluckily, however you want to look at it) nicole's lies and manipulations revealed ej to be the kind of man most didn't suspect he could be--a person capable of loving a child as his own for close to a year, then dumping her like yesterday's trash the second he learns she isn't related to him.

it pains me to admit that sami was right about ej, but maybe she was the only one that realized what kind of a person ej is, and it appears that she was right(altho perhaps for the wrong reasons) to keep her child from ej. i'm sorry, but only a monster could do to sydney what ej did today. so don't expect me to shed one tear over the fact that he is seperated from his biological child. in fact, i am supremely enjoying the irony surrounding the fact that he is kicking one of his precious heirs to the curb without knowing it. i will probably change my mind eventually, but right this second, i honestly couldn't care less if ej ever sees sydney again as long as he lives. that baby deserves better.

even if he changes his mind tomorrow, or next week, or next year, it won't change the fact that he threw her out into the street. imagine how one of you would feel if you found out your father tried to get rid of you because he thought you weren't his child for a little while. it doesn't matter if you understand why he would do that. it's hurtful behavior and inexcusable to treat a child that way.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 12 2009, 12:47 PM.

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 12:38 PM
ilovemydays

How does that make it any different - or accurate? If you are saying Nicole's motivation was to allow EJ to raise his biological child that pretty much gets thrown out the window now that she's allowing him to believe that Sydney is NOT his, in order to cover her own ass.

It's pretty clear now that as much as that might seem to soften it, EJ raising his own child was not Nicole's primary motivation.

Cover her own ass?
You have forgotten that the writers have established that her initial reason to remain silent after Grace's death was to protect EJ from losing full custody of Johnny and Sydney. The writers also established that this was not some grand scheme, that poor choice just after her miscarriage, her inability to face the truth and admit that she had lost their child, led to one lie that led to another and another.

The fact that Nicole switched the babies indicates that she was motivated by a desire to give EJ his own child. If she just wanted any child she never would have bothered to switch Sydney with Grace and had she not, EJ never would have ever known that he had another daughter because Sami was intent on raising his child with Rafe.

michelle
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Oct 12 2009, 12:41 PM
SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 12:21 PM

lukly(or unluckily, however you want to look at it) nicole's lies and manipulations revealed ej to be the kind of man most didn't suspect he could be--a person capable of loving a child as his own for close to a year, then dumping her like yesterday's trash the second he learns she isn't related to him.

it pains me to admit that sami was right about ej, but maybe she was the only one that realized what kind of a person ej is, and it appears that she was right(altho perhaps for the wrong reasons) to keep her child from ej. i'm sorry, but only a monster could do to sydney what ej did today. so don't expect me to shed one tear over the fact that he is seperated from his biological child. in fact, i am supremely enjoying the irony surrounding the fact that he is kicking one of his precious heirs to the curb without knowing it. i will probably change my mind eventually, but right this second, i honestly couldn't care less if ej ever sees sydney again as long as he lives. that baby deserves better.

even if he changes his mind tomorrow, or next week, or next year, it won't change the fact that he threw her out into the street. imagine how one of you would feel if you found out your father tried to get rid of you because he thought you weren't his child for a little while. it doesn't matter if you understand why he would do that. it's hurtful behavior and inexcusable to treat a child that way.
I think if my father told me what my mother had done, I would think she should be locked up!

As for what EJ has done to poor Sydney - has it even been more than one day? I think EJ is still wearing the same shirt! He doesn't get the right to feel angry and freak out a little? I think what is more important is how he will be acting in the next few days toward Sydney. I personally might give my dad a bit of a break when finding out what both mothers of his children did to him.

I don't really think this boils down to biology really. EJ does LOVE her. I think the writers have established this in what he has said to Lexie and Sami about his feelings for her. I think he is afraid because he knows she can be taken away from him as NOW he has no biological or legal tie to her. The writers wrote that for a REASON!

Edited by michelle, Oct 12 2009, 12:56 PM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

michelle
Oct 12 2009, 12:55 PM
I don't really think this boils down to biology really. EJ does LOVE her. I think the writers have established this in what he has said to Lexie and Sami about his feelings for her. I think he is afraid because he knows she can be taken away from him as he has no biological or legal tie to her. The writers wrote that for a REASON!

and the writers have also written ej as determined. he as always, always, always, been willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. he killed eve michaels, tortured steve with a stupid tarot card, blackmailed sami into havign sex with him, considered running belle down, tried to kill lucas, kidnapped stephanie...i mean the list goes on and on.

and now i'm expected to believe that poor wittle ej is scared that someone might take sydney from him, even though he's no stranger to bribing judges and government officials when it suits him. what is it--three times he's used bribery to get something to go his way legally? four? five? i've lost count. i'm an ej fan--have been since the day he knocked on sami's apartment door, but i can't excuse this. and i won't. if he wanted sydney, he would make it happen, no matter what the cost. but he doesn't want her--well, at least not nearly as badly as he wanted sami or johnny.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Oct 12 2009, 12:45 PM
SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 12:38 PM
ilovemydays

Cover her own ass?
You have forgotten that the writers have established that her initial reason to remain silent after Grace's death was to protect EJ from losing full custody of Johnny and Sydney. The writers also established that this was not some grand scheme, that poor choice just after her miscarriage, her inability to face the truth and admit that she had lost their child, led to one lie that led to another and another.

The fact that Nicole switched the babies indicates that she was motivated by a desire to give EJ his own child. If she just wanted any child she never would have bothered to switch Sydney with Grace and had she not, EJ never would have ever known that he had another daughter because Sami was intent on raising his child with Rafe.

If Nicole was all that concerned about EJ raising his own child - why not simply tell him when she found out that Sami was carrying his baby? Why break her promise to Mia (and Grace)? She could have carried on with her own deception (as wrong as it was) and still enabled EJ to know about and be involved in the life of the daughter he shares with Sami. But instead, she switched the babies because she did not want Sami and EJ to have another link - another tie to bind them. There is just no way to realistically spin the baby switch to make Nicole come out looking like a sainted mother or doting wife. No matter how distraught she was after her miscarriage - it doesn't excuse strapping on pregnancy padding and spinning lie after lie in order to hang on to her desperate desire to have a baby or be a mother. The fact that she went even that far is hard to defend - but then add the additional layers of promising Mia that she would love and care for Grace, only to have her immediately dump her on a woman that many maintain she believes did not want the baby. People skewer Sami left and right for leaving the baby at the convent so she could cover her lie to EJ - but what Nicole did to Grace was far worse than that. And what she's doing to Sydney now is nearly as bad.

And I don't believe the writers ever established that Nicole's reason to keep the truth about Sydney from Sami and EJ after Grace died had anything to do with protecting EJ from losing custody. I know Stefano threatened that at one point - but how that might have turned out would have been anybody's guess. And the fact is, if Nicole had simply told EJ the truth she could have spared him from grieving over a daughter that wasn't really his and chances are, as hurt and angry as he was with Sami at the time, he might have continued to lie about Sydney being Sami's daughter. So there was no real threat that EJ would lose Johnny and Sydney - certainly no more then than now.

michelle
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns -

Consider this. If he thinks Joe Shmoe is her biological dad, would he do anything to keep her away from Joe, just so he can keep her for himself? I don't think so. He doesn't want someone else to be deprived of a child just as he was deprived of Grace. He doesn't know the circumstances surrounding her birth. He doesn't know if she was taken from her parents - what he does know is that there was no real adoption, so whatever happened, was not done legally.

Of course he could "get" her in all kinds of illegal ways, but that doesn't mean that he would keep her away from a parent who may still want her. He doesn't know who the parents are or their motives - just that Nicole and Doc Baker schemed to get a baby.
Edited by michelle, Oct 12 2009, 01:12 PM.

daisy132

I think that this whole "EJ is so mean for throwing Sydney out with Nicole" is pointless. Don't the spoilers say that he has a change of heart?

EJ is hurting. He's been deceived by the two women he loved and trusted the most and thinks he has two dead children. His father is hanging on for his life in the hospital. I think that he deserves some slack. Not to mention that he's convinced that Sydney is Nicole's ticket to his fortune. After all, he's been warned by all.

Nicole is plain crazy. She had a breakdown of sorts when she had her miscarriage and her thinking is not that of a normal, rational human being. Plus, she is selfish. "It's all about me, I deserve to be happy" are phrases uttered by the character thoughout this storyline. IMO she's headed for a major breakdown soon, where she will endanger both her and Sydney's life. And voila!! Her redemption.

Bottom line, Sami and EJ deserve her daughter back, and Sydney deserves to be with her real parents. They are both great parents, and whether or not they will end up together, THEY should parent their child.

Edited by daisy132, Oct 12 2009, 01:11 PM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

michelle
Oct 12 2009, 01:09 PM
luvpumpkns -

Consider this. If he thinks Joe Shmoe is her biological dad, would he do anything to keep her away from Joe, just so he can keep her for himself? I don't think so. He doesn't want someone else to be deprived of a child just as he was deprived of Grace. He doesn't know the circumstances surrounding her birth. He doesn't know if she was taken from her parents - what he does know is that there was no real adoption, so whatever happened, was not done legally.

Of course he could "get" her in all kinds of illegal ways, but that doesn't mean that he would keep her away from a parent who may still want her. He doesn't know who the parents are or their motives - just that Nicole and Doc Baker schemed to get a baby.
well, what you said might make sense--except for the fact that in today's show, ej states, and i quote: 'i regret that sydney will have to grow up without a father, but i can no longer be a party to your lies.' so sydney being reunited with her biological father has never even crossed ej's mind. as he says today, he assumes sydney will grow up with no father at all.

as for the spoilers indicating that he changes his mind--i couldn't care less. he threw the kid, nicole, and their things out on the street. he doesn't know where they'll go or what they'll do for money, and he doesn't seem to care. he's had a night and part of a morning to think about his bond with sydeny. we saw him picking up her toys and books and staring off into the distance wistfully. so he has had ample opportunity to think of what he is doing to this little girl, and he made a bad decision anyway.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 12 2009, 01:27 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply