Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoiler Tweets from SoaptownUSA, 9/28
Topic Started: Sep 28 2009, 10:18 PM (4,364 Views)
ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 01:07 PM
ilovemydays
Oct 12 2009, 12:45 PM
SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 12:38 PM
ilovemydays
Oct 12 2009, 12:31 PM

Lets make this a bit more accurate.

How would you feel if the wife of the father of your child had taken the child you were going to hide from him and raise it with another man and switched it with another child so that she could raise it with the biological father?

How does that make it any different - or accurate? If you are saying Nicole's motivation was to allow EJ to raise his biological child that pretty much gets thrown out the window now that she's allowing him to believe that Sydney is NOT his, in order to cover her own ass.

It's pretty clear now that as much as that might seem to soften it, EJ raising his own child was not Nicole's primary motivation.

Cover her own ass?
You have forgotten that the writers have established that her initial reason to remain silent after Grace's death was to protect EJ from losing full custody of Johnny and Sydney. The writers also established that this was not some grand scheme, that poor choice just after her miscarriage, her inability to face the truth and admit that she had lost their child, led to one lie that led to another and another.

The fact that Nicole switched the babies indicates that she was motivated by a desire to give EJ his own child. If she just wanted any child she never would have bothered to switch Sydney with Grace and had she not, EJ never would have ever known that he had another daughter because Sami was intent on raising his child with Rafe.

If Nicole was all that concerned about EJ raising his own child - why not simply tell him when she found out that Sami was carrying his baby? Why break her promise to Mia (and Grace)? She could have carried on with her own deception (as wrong as it was) and still enabled EJ to know about and be involved in the life of the daughter he shares with Sami. But instead, she switched the babies because she did not want Sami and EJ to have another link - another tie to bind them. There is just no way to realistically spin the baby switch to make Nicole come out looking like a sainted mother or doting wife. No matter how distraught she was after her miscarriage - it doesn't excuse strapping on pregnancy padding and spinning lie after lie in order to hang on to her desperate desire to have a baby or be a mother. The fact that she went even that far is hard to defend - but then add the additional layers of promising Mia that she would love and care for Grace, only to have her immediately dump her on a woman that many maintain she believes did not want the baby. People skewer Sami left and right for leaving the baby at the convent so she could cover her lie to EJ - but what Nicole did to Grace was far worse than that. And what she's doing to Sydney now is nearly as bad.

And I don't believe the writers ever established that Nicole's reason to keep the truth about Sydney from Sami and EJ after Grace died had anything to do with protecting EJ from losing custody. I know Stefano threatened that at one point - but how that might have turned out would have been anybody's guess. And the fact is, if Nicole had simply told EJ the truth she could have spared him from grieving over a daughter that wasn't really his and chances are, as hurt and angry as he was with Sami at the time, he might have continued to lie about Sydney being Sami's daughter. So there was no real threat that EJ would lose Johnny and Sydney - certainly no more then than now.

It wasn't Stefano that was threatening it. Stefano explained to Nicole in the hospital chapel after Grace died that SAMI could use the switch in a custody hearing against EJ for full custody of Johnny and Sydney.

Sami let Grace die without telling EJ that he was the father of her daughter. She had fully intended to raise that child with Rafe and NEVER tell EJ the truth so had Nicole told Sami that Sydney was her child it is highly probable that Sami and Rafe would have done all they could to secure full custody of Sydney and Johnny and cut EJ out completely.

Edited by ilovemydays, Oct 12 2009, 01:28 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Oct 12 2009, 01:23 PM
michelle
Oct 12 2009, 01:09 PM
luvpumpkns -

Consider this. If he thinks Joe Shmoe is her biological dad, would he do anything to keep her away from Joe, just so he can keep her for himself? I don't think so. He doesn't want someone else to be deprived of a child just as he was deprived of Grace. He doesn't know the circumstances surrounding her birth. He doesn't know if she was taken from her parents - what he does know is that there was no real adoption, so whatever happened, was not done legally.

Of course he could "get" her in all kinds of illegal ways, but that doesn't mean that he would keep her away from a parent who may still want her. He doesn't know who the parents are or their motives - just that Nicole and Doc Baker schemed to get a baby.
well, what you said might make sense--except for the fact that in today's show, ej states, and i quote: 'i regret that sydney will have to grow up without a father, but i can no longer be a party to your lies.' so sydney being reunited with her biological father has never even crossed ej's mind. as he says today, he assumes sydney will grow up with no father at all.

as for the spoilers indicating that he changes his mind--i couldn't care less. he threw the kid, nicole, and their things out on the street. he doesn't know where they'll go or what they'll do for money, and he doesn't seem to care. he's had a night and part of a morning to think about his bond with sydeny. we saw him picking up her toys and books and staring off into theditance wistfully. so he has had ample opportunity to think of what he is doing to this little girl, and he made a bad decision anyway.
I haven't see todays epi yet, and it is disappointing he says that, but I do think he will change his mind. I think he just has so much anger towards Nicole, he can't see past it yet.

I still love EJ, flaws and all, and think after all he has been through with both of these horrible women and their numerous lies, he gets a free pass to act like an ass for hopefully a very short time. I trust that he will come to his senses and begin to turn his life around for the better for both of his children.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

that's something we can both agree on. i was glad to see the spoilers in the other thread stating that ej decides he wants sydney back. i'm still a little pissed that he lets sydney leave the mansion for even a few days, but i am glad he eventually wakes up and does the right thing.

daisy132

luvpumpkns
Oct 12 2009, 01:38 PM
that's something we can both agree on. i was glad to see the spoilers in the other thread stating that ej decides he wants sydney back. i'm still a little pissed that he lets sydney leave the mansion for even a few days, but i am glad he eventually wakes up and does the right thing.
Oh yee, with little faith. :laugh:

michelle
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Oct 12 2009, 01:38 PM
What I am hoping, is that when he finally realizes how much loves and misses her, he will fight for her and THEN find out she is biologically his as well. Then he'll admit either way, he always knew she had his heart.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

ilovemydays
Oct 12 2009, 01:27 PM
SocRMum1
ilovemydays
SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 12:38 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Cover her own ass?
You have forgotten that the writers have established that her initial reason to remain silent after Grace's death was to protect EJ from losing full custody of Johnny and Sydney. The writers also established that this was not some grand scheme, that poor choice just after her miscarriage, her inability to face the truth and admit that she had lost their child, led to one lie that led to another and another.

The fact that Nicole switched the babies indicates that she was motivated by a desire to give EJ his own child. If she just wanted any child she never would have bothered to switch Sydney with Grace and had she not, EJ never would have ever known that he had another daughter because Sami was intent on raising his child with Rafe.

If Nicole was all that concerned about EJ raising his own child - why not simply tell him when she found out that Sami was carrying his baby? Why break her promise to Mia (and Grace)? She could have carried on with her own deception (as wrong as it was) and still enabled EJ to know about and be involved in the life of the daughter he shares with Sami. But instead, she switched the babies because she did not want Sami and EJ to have another link - another tie to bind them. There is just no way to realistically spin the baby switch to make Nicole come out looking like a sainted mother or doting wife. No matter how distraught she was after her miscarriage - it doesn't excuse strapping on pregnancy padding and spinning lie after lie in order to hang on to her desperate desire to have a baby or be a mother. The fact that she went even that far is hard to defend - but then add the additional layers of promising Mia that she would love and care for Grace, only to have her immediately dump her on a woman that many maintain she believes did not want the baby. People skewer Sami left and right for leaving the baby at the convent so she could cover her lie to EJ - but what Nicole did to Grace was far worse than that. And what she's doing to Sydney now is nearly as bad.

And I don't believe the writers ever established that Nicole's reason to keep the truth about Sydney from Sami and EJ after Grace died had anything to do with protecting EJ from losing custody. I know Stefano threatened that at one point - but how that might have turned out would have been anybody's guess. And the fact is, if Nicole had simply told EJ the truth she could have spared him from grieving over a daughter that wasn't really his and chances are, as hurt and angry as he was with Sami at the time, he might have continued to lie about Sydney being Sami's daughter. So there was no real threat that EJ would lose Johnny and Sydney - certainly no more then than now.

It wasn't Stefano that was threatening it. Stefano explained to Nicole in the hospital chapel after Grace died that SAMI could use the switch in a custody hearing against EJ for full custody of Johnny and Sydney.

Sami let Grace die without telling EJ that he was the father of her daughter. She had fully intended to raise that child with Rafe and NEVER tell EJ the truth so had Nicole told Sami that Sydney was her child it is highly probable that Sami and Rafe would have done all they could to secure full custody of Sydney and Johnny and cut EJ out completely.

But that is not what I said. I said that if Nicole simply told EJ the truth - that Sydney was his biological daughter with Sami, not her - there would have been little chance that EJ would lose Sydney in a custody suit with Sami. Why would he? Particularly if he chose to support Nicole's lie and not tell Sami the truth - she would have been none the wiser.

Instead, Nicole continued her lie for fear of what EJ's reaction would be to it and her - and instead stood quietly by as his he was ripped apart by grief over a child that she knew wasn't his. She put neither Sydney nor EJ first in that instance - nor in the present one.

It has always been all about Nicole.

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 01:58 PM
ilovemydays
Oct 12 2009, 01:27 PM
SocRMum1
ilovemydays

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

But that is not what I said. I said that if Nicole simply told EJ the truth - that Sydney was his biological daughter with Sami, not her - there would have been little chance that EJ would lose Sydney in a custody suit with Sami. Why would he? Particularly if he chose to support Nicole's lie and not tell Sami the truth - she would have been none the wiser.

Instead, Nicole continued her lie for fear of what EJ's reaction would be to it and her - and instead stood quietly by as his he was ripped apart by grief over a child that she knew wasn't his. She put neither Sydney nor EJ first in that instance - nor in the present one.

It has always been all about Nicole.

Oddly enough I do agree with you to some extent. I think that Nicole should have come forward not only after finding out that Sami was hiding her pregnancy but also back when she miscarried their baby. But that is neither here nor there isn't it? Had Nicole come forward from the beginning there wouldn't be a story would there? Except for maybe the story of Sami and Rafe raising EJ's child together.

Stefano's point wasn't that EJ would lose his child immediately. His point was that if the truth ever came out that he was a party to the switch he would stand to lose both of his children and that it was better for EJ if he never new. Stefano, at that time, didn't give a rat's ass about Nicole's welfare. Stefano was looking out for the best interests of his son and grandchildren.

I'm not normally a fan of plot driven story lines but this one has been made to be great by the excellent performances by the majority of the principal players James Scott, Arianne Zucker, Joeseph Mascolo and those adorable twins that portray little Sydney.

chiqche

But Nicole switched the babies before she knew that Sami was going to keep grace from him. Everyone saw the panic in Nicole's eyes when chloe told her sami was pregnant with ejs baby. She knew that ej still loved sami more and that he would choose her over nicole. And Sami kept the baby a secret because she wanted to protect grace. Sami was going to tell ej several times but found out he was behind philips shooting, would you tell him? I love sami and ej together, their chemestry is amazing and they are the primary reason why i watch days.

I kind of hope that Nicole flees with Sydney and sami and ej work together to find them and get back together in the process.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

chiqche
Oct 13 2009, 01:22 AM
But Nicole switched the babies before she knew that Sami was going to keep grace from him. Everyone saw the panic in Nicole's eyes when chloe told her sami was pregnant with ejs baby. She knew that ej still loved sami more and that he would choose her over nicole. And Sami kept the baby a secret because she wanted to protect grace. Sami was going to tell ej several times but found out he was behind philips shooting, would you tell him? I love sami and ej together, their chemestry is amazing and they are the primary reason why i watch days.

I kind of hope that Nicole flees with Sydney and sami and ej work together to find them and get back together in the process.
Well, Sami was originally not going to tell EJ at all and planned on leaving the baby at the convent. Nicole knew that was what Sami was going to do. Sami did leave Grace there at first, and later on she changed her mind and came up with the whole adopting Grace idea (to hide that she had a baby).

kitkat
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 13 2009, 02:35 AM
chiqche

Well, Sami was originally not going to tell EJ at all and planned on leaving the baby at the convent. Nicole knew that was what Sami was going to do. Sami did leave Grace there at first, and later on she changed her mind and came up with the whole adopting Grace idea (to hide that she had a baby).
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Marian

No matter what led to that moment, and whatever fuelled her, what Nicole is doing now is wrong on so many different levels. She could have told EJ the whole extent of what she did and there would have been the possibility that he would forgive her and carry on with the lie to keep Sydney away from Sami. Nicole is clever enough to have convinced him that her lies were for him, that she had HIS best interests at heart, so on and so forth. With the 'I've lost another daughter' pain taken out of it, EJ may very well have come around.

Nicole is being selfish. She doesn't want to give Sydney up, even though she belongs with her biological father (who incidently loved her and raised her just as much as Nicole did) from the day she came home.

Some people are saying, 'how can you expect Sydney to be taken from the only mother she's ever known?' Either way she loses a parent (father or mother).... Telling the truth doesn't change the math in that respect. But telling the truth will also give her a mother (while still having A parent that she knows and loves). Sydney will have TWO parents. As it is, Sydney only has Nicole. Nicole is selfish and is not thinking of Sydney in the least.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

chiqche
But Nicole switched the babies before she knew that Sami was going to keep grace from him.
that's not true. nicole switched the babies the night they were born. she was still 'pregnant' when she overheard sami telling the nun that she had to make sure ej never found out about her kid, how it was the biggest mistake she ever made, etc, etc. so sami had made it very clear by that point that she was hiding the baby from ej.

vinnmerc
Member Avatar

Nicole was in love with Ej first before she got pregnant no doubt about her love of Ej there.Having her "miracle " pregnancy made her love Ej and the Dimera wealth even more .Her fear of losing Ej after her miscarraige caused her to go on the downward spiral of lies that ultimately have been her undoing.
Plus her hatred and jealousy over Sami , she wants whatever she has or capable of getting .
She is still unable to tell Ej the truth on Sydney's parentage even with her back to the wall .Tough call.

If she cant have Ej she will have his kid .I hope this SL is well on its way of being over .Let Ej be with Sami at least 1 more time and then wait another 18-20 months for a reunion. Typical Ejami time frame.

Marian

No matter what motivated Nicole to do the whole switching thing in the first place, everyone deserves to know the truth. Sami did eventually find that leaving her baby behind was too hard to do so she tried to find a different way to hide her baby's parentage and she loved Grace with all her heart, so she does deserve to know that her biological child is still alive. I also personally think that keeping the baby's parentage from EJ was wrong too. You sleep with EJ, you face the consequences. Sami finally came clean and faced the music with EJ. Nicole needs to do the same thing.

Nicole Walker

In Sami's mind she had nothing to lose by telling EJ the truth. Grace was dead, the damage was done might as well tell now that EJ can't do anything to get Grace. Nicole has a lot to lose not only will she lose Sydney but she can go to jail for kidnapping. Hell, even EJ doesn't want to go to jail for his crimes and neither does Nicole. So nope, I doubt anybody will be telling the truth not when they have that much to lose.

chiqche

I know Sami tried to keep Grace from E.J. but wasn't it because of Stefano? Didn't he try and have her murdered? and that's why she tried to keep grace a secret? I'm not sure on alot of this because i missed about a year of days. But to my knowledge Sami never said ej was a bad father right?. And possibly that is why ej denounces stefano, maybe he realizes it's stefano's fault for how his life has turned out.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

chiqche
Oct 18 2009, 02:41 AM
I know Sami tried to keep Grace from E.J. but wasn't it because of Stefano? Didn't he try and have her murdered? and that's why she tried to keep grace a secret? I'm not sure on alot of this because i missed about a year of days. But to my knowledge Sami never said ej was a bad father right?. And possibly that is why ej denounces stefano, maybe he realizes it's stefano's fault for how his life has turned out.
Sami was keeping the secret before she ever got shot at and even before the Mayor got killed. Because before the murder went down she was debating on telling Ej. Even in the hospital when she found out she was preggers and Ej came into the hospital and she didn't tell him b/c he had a date with Nicole. When she went to the manison to tell him again she saw Ej n Nicole going at it and made the choice not to tell him again and that's when she saw the Mayor get shot. So it was actually Ej that was the reason she kept the secret. Stefano was an afterthought and just fueled her choice more. Then at the church she was gonna tell Ej until she found out Ej help put a hit on Philip.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply