Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: EJ learns Sydney isn't Nicole's!; Oct 13th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Sep 30 2009, 12:20 PM (5,489 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features interviews with James Scott and Ari Zucker, and this week's SOW features an interview with James Scott.

When EJ confronts Nicole, she breaks down and tells him that his baby died. Ari Zucker tells SOD that the conversation is "a play by play to see what he knows," because Nicole does not want to reveal too much to EJ.

EJ does not deal well with Nicole's confession. "He's very angry, upset, hurt, generally not too thrilled," James Scott tells SOD. Scott continues that this is different than when Sami told him about Grace, because then EJ was shocked with the information. Here, EJ has already come to terms with it before he confronts Nicole.

Zucker characterizes EJ's reaction a bit differently, however. "EJ is so pissed," she tells SOD. "He feels so stupid... I think the level of stupidity he feels makes him so angry, because he didn't even see it... He gave her so many opportunities and she came up with so many lies."

Zucker says that Nicole still wants to keep their family intact. Nicole tells EJ that they can get over this obstacle. "She is so delusional and so determined to keep this family together that it's ok that she lied," Zucker tells SOD. Scott, however, says: "That's bull. It's so clearly bull. They're not a family... You can't seriously expect EJ to be like, 'Oh, okay, well I suppose we are really a family... where did you get the baby from? Oh okay. Want to go out for dinner tonight?'" Scott says EJ doesn't know what he should do next, though.

Chloe interrupts EJ and Nicole's conversation to tell them that Stefano is in the hospital because he became ill at Chez Rouge. EJ leaves and tells Nicole not to follow him. Nicole, however, asks Chloe to watch Sydney, and she goes to the hospital.

At the hospital, EJ tells Nicole that he wants Nicole and Sydney to leave the house permanently. Scott tells SOD that EJ is afraid that Sydney's father, whoever he may be, will one day show up and want to reclaim Sydney. Because of this, EJ would "rather have all the pain right now and let it be done".

At this point, Nicole decides she must tell EJ that Sydney is in fact his biological child. She thinks this is her last hope, and she thinks perhaps EJ will let her stay with him because she's telling the truth. However, EJ will not listen to her, and she is unable to tell him. She yells at him to please listen, but he won't let her say what she wants to.

As they're arguing, Sami comes to the hospital with Sydney, because Chloe had asked her to babysit when Chloe had to leave the mansion. "Poor old EJ," says Scott, "What could make this situation worse? Oh, that could. 'Hello, Samantha.'" EJ again tells Nicole that she and Sydney must leave the mansion. Nicole leaves, and EJ tells Sami about Nicole's lies. "He tells Sami stuff like this because he likes to keep a connection to her," Scott tells SOW. "He'll never admit it but he's still in love with her, or loves her in some way." He asks Sami if he can take care of Johnny that night.

Nicole meets with Brady and "breaks down in his arms", according to SOW. Nicole tells him what's happened, and she blames him for the fact that things went wrong. Nicole goes to the Salem Inn, and she tries to come up with a plan so that she can get back together with EJ. Zucker says, "There is no question in her mind that they are going to get back together."

SOD asks if EJ can forgive Nicole. "Yes, he really loves her," Scott says.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

It might be an unpopular opinion, but the one thing that the show did right with this babyswitch storyline is letting the truth come out in pieces. It has maximized the fallout from the story and allowed all the characters involved to hit the appropriate emotional beats along the way. While I'm looking forward to the last bit of truth finally coming out, I'm glad the show did it this way rather than doing the whole reveal at once.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for the article Ellie. :)

So I'm guessing EJ will forgive Nicole and that will motivate her to keep the rest of the secret. He will still think Grace was his and think that Sydney belongs to someone else. November can't come fast enough for me.

I agree with you esp13. I think revealing it all at once would have been a mistake.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

esp13
Sep 30 2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks Ellie.

It might be an unpopular opinion, but the one thing that the show did right with this babyswitch storyline is letting the truth come out in pieces. It has maximized the fallout from the story and allowed all the characters involved to hit the appropriate emotional beats along the way. While I'm looking forward to the last bit of truth finally coming out, I'm glad the show did it this way rather than doing the whole reveal at once.
I know you know I agree with you, but I thought I'd say it again. :P

These articles explained some of what had been confusing me with the spoilers. I do love Nicole . . . it just cracks me up she's blaming Brady. I don't think that's the real issue, lol!

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Lucid
Member Avatar

Quote:

forgive her, WTF is that crap. He's in for another body blow

MrsDimera

EJ might forgive her for losing her baby and adopting another child to cover it up. However, I highly doubt he'll be in a forgiving mood once the baby switch comes out. Yes, she did bring him his biological child. But she also let him grieve for a child that wasn't his. He's gonna be through the roof with that info.

Even though I can't wait for this storyline to be over. I do agree about how it's better not reveal all the lies at one time. I am liking this sl better with the core characters of this sl being involved (EJ/Nicole/Brady/Sami/Mia) and without Rafe on the scene, whom imho has nothing to do with it.

Thanks for the post, Ellie! :applause:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This sounds good! I agree that it is best for it to come out in pieces like this too. It makes it more interesting.

Thanks, Ellie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This actually sounds good. I have no doubt that Zucker will do well in the scenes, but Scott has been very hit or miss with me lately. I hope he's able to pull off the scenes without causing me to roll my eyes.

I love Nicole breaking down in Brady's arms. I'm hoping this leads to their pairing.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Quote:

This is ALL I needed to know!

I can't wait for the argument and Nicole's breakdown!

Thanks for posting!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

EJ may still feel he loves Nicole now...but he's in for a very, very huge blow when he discovers the true depths of her deception.

The fact that she has been perfectly willing to allow him to grieve for lost children - twice now - in order to save her own ass will be the final straw. I don't see any recovering from that one.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I am wondering if EJ won't have a break down over this. He is going to find out that not only Sami deceived him and so did Nicole, but also his own father who knew about the miscarriage, Grace, and Sydney. And throw Mia in with that mix who knows Sydney isn't his and Nicole's.
It depends, IMO, how much influence Stefano has over EJ and how he can twist the story to fit his own needs. The only hope for the real truth to come out is for Rafe to tell what he knows and get the DNA evidence run and for Mia to come clean about what she knows.
Rafe should be in on this s/l. He is in love with Sami whose child is being kept from her. Besides, he is the only one in Salem who has enough of a brain to figure anything out.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Sep 30 2009, 02:00 PM
I am wondering if EJ won't have a break down over this. He is going to find out that not only Sami deceived him and so did Nicole, but also his own father who knew about the miscarriage, Grace, and Sydney. And throw Mia in with that mix who knows Sydney isn't his and Nicole's.
It depends, IMO, how much influence Stefano has over EJ and how he can twist the story to fit his own needs. The only hope for the real truth to come out is for Rafe to tell what he knows and get the DNA evidence run and for Mia to come clean about what she knows.
Rafe should be in on this s/l. He is in love with Sami whose child is being kept from her. Besides, he is the only one in Salem who has enough of a brain to figure anything out.
Well actually Stefano was way ahead of Rafe (and everyone else) on figuring it all out. They just didn't show it on screen. So when it comes to the biggest brain in Salem, I guess old Steffie gets the prize. :lol:

As far as Rafe being the only way the truth will come out - nah. The very fact that he DID figure it out just leads me to believe others will as well. And particularly now that it seems more and more people are going to know parts of the story. I won't be the least bit surprised to see SEVERAL people figuring it out as we get closer to the big reveal - and it will be a race as to who will unveil it to Sami and EJ first.

Rafe is a minor, supporting character in the storyline - used as filler to give it some spice for the audience while it continues to get dragged along.

mirabella

esp13
Sep 30 2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks Ellie.

I agree. The show did do this reveal in just the right way by doing it in stages.

Ellie, thanks for posting.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

I too would feel stupid if I were Ej. Nicole walking around with lumpy pillow gut for months and he never noticed. Maybe now he will invest in some much needed eye glasses, because he clearly can not see the writing on the wall.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Typical Nicole,blaming everyone but herself for the mess she is in.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Out of both of Nicole's secrets, I think this is the worst. I mean, she faked her pregnancy and lied to him about having a baby then passed another child off as their own. Lots of stupidity on EJ's part and lots of lying and deception on Nicole's part.
And despite all of that, he loves her. Really? I am actually shocked about that.

Then, the second secret is that she switched babies so that EJ could keep his own child. That is the best secret of the two. So if EJ ever had any reason to go bat shit, the first secret is the one to do it. The second was actually was in his favor...especially when he knows that Sami never had any plans to tell him about the baby...

All of this really sounds awesome! I know AZ will kick major ass on it!
Thanks so much, Ellie!
Edited by Alligato, Sep 30 2009, 04:27 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 30 2009, 04:25 PM
Out of both of Nicole's secrets, I think this is the worst. I mean, she faked her pregnancy and lied to him about having a baby then passed another child off as their own. Lots of stupidity on EJ's part and lots of lying and deception on Nicole's part.
And despite all of that, he loves her. Really? I am actually shocked about that.

Then, the second secret is that she switched babies so that EJ could keep his own child. That is the best secret of the two. So if EJ ever had any reason to go bat shit, the first secret is the one to do it. The second was actually was in his favor...especially when he knows that Sami never had any plans to tell him about the baby...

All of this really sounds awesome! I know AZ will kick major ass on it!
Thanks so much, Ellie!
I could almost agree with you on this - as hard as that would be for my EJami loving heart - if it weren't for the fact that Grace died and Nicole stood silently by watching/allowing EJ's grief. Couple that with the fact that it appears she is now going to allow him to believe that Sydney is NOT his child...thus negating any good intention she might have ever had for him to have his biological daughter.

It's not enough that she's thinking for a moment here that if she tells him the truth about Sydney being his (in the hopes he'll go easy on her). Apparently, for whatever reason, she doesn't. And I'm guessing she won't for a very long time - if ever.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

This is gonna be awesome when it all blows up! Ari is going to do incredible in these scenes. Even though this lie is huge, Nicole still looks way better than Sami.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Only part of me believes that tptb aren't going to blow the reveal.
I think breaking it into pieces has been good, but I'm afraid they may try to break it up too much and leave nothing left with any punch. Rafe knowing anything before the characters who are valid pieces of the puzzle irritates me. I hope he doesn't end up with any information to share. Crossing fingers. JS saying that EJ could forgive Nicole because 'he loves' her is laughable in my eyes. With the accusations, the yelling, the mistrust and the constant stink eye sent her way I've never really seen that played out on screen.

lizis2lovely

I wonder if EJ will put together the fact that Tony knew about the switch and was trying to tell him before he died, and EJ might also blame Nic on killing Tony (who I really think was Andre, but we just wont go there....)????

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply