Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: EJ learns Sydney isn't Nicole's!; Oct 13th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Sep 30 2009, 12:20 PM (5,624 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 4 2009, 01:59 PM
Liz<3Days
Oct 4 2009, 11:23 AM
I have the article..this is the direct quote...

Quote:

But can EJ forgive her?
"Yes he really loves her," says Scott. "it was a poor choice but it wasn't malicious. Does it make her a horrible person? No. She made a very, very, poor choice and she had to deal with some of fallout from that. She got herself into a situation where she really didn't have a choice but to keep on fighting; otherwise, she was losing everything she was trying to protect."

No where does he qualify that his opinion is in reference to the first part of the reveal or the last or any part. The writer asks him if his character can forgive Nicole...he said YES.

Now thats the actor's opinion of what he knows about the SL....not what EJ knows so far. The actor has knowledge of what's going to happen, so based on his knowledge, he stated his opinion of what his character MAY do/feel.

Do I take his word as gospel...no, but some fans like to constantly annoy others by repeating his quotes when it suits their fanbase purposes, while IGNORE quotes and misinterpret them and judge others as being wrong when they don't like what an actor says.

It's not fun posting when you have people bulling others to see it their way and that their opinions are wrong.

Unless you are a head writer/exec producer, you dont know what going to happen in the show.

I used to like to discuss topics here, but let's call a spade a spade, if your fave character/couple interfere with ejami...then be prepared to be attacked.

This has happened with Lucas, Nicole, and now its happening with Rafe.

I dont know what's going to happen, I'm going to enjoy my couple until I can't....that's all I can do.

(And as for the ignore feature...tried that...doesn't really work when people quote the person...LOL)
The entire article is talking about where the story is right now. The writer, the actors - it's all about what it playing out on screen that week. I happen to agree with the quote from JS at this point in the story. It does make sense to me that EJ would feel like he 'could' eventually forgive Nicole because he has no idea the depths of her deception. EJ does feel like he loves Nicole at this point - he's worked so hard to convince himself and only seems to have recently managed it if his confession to her on the plane to Paris is any indication. But despite all of that, he knew in his heart of hearts that she can't be trusted. At this point, he figures he already knows the worst and will have to work through that. Imagine when the entire truth comes out? Whatever happens between now and then is basically filler until he finds out the depths of her deception and how willing she's been to allow him to suffer and grieve - twice now - rather than put herself in harms way.

Of course he didn't qualify whether he's talking about now or later - why would he? We haven't seen what will happen later - but even the article's closing line is

Quote:

Chances are, he'll be singing a different tune when the whole truth comes out.

I happen to wholeheartedly agree with that statement, too.

Calling a spade a spade is seeing that it works both ways. EJami and EJami fans are attacked all the time. Some people love them, some don't. :shrug: I've posted in countless threads on a variety of topics, not mentioning EJ and more times than I can count someone will respond with "Well...what about EJ and how he's so...blah, blah, blah". I'm not even discussing EJ or EJami or anything about them - yet others bring up their dislike of the character or pairing to prop their argument, presumably because they know I'm a EJami fan (not too hard to figure out just based on my avi and banner :lol: ) Do I get upset about it? No. Does it make posting here less fun for me? Nope. It is what it is. I enjoy the opportunity to discuss the show here and elsewhere and most times I find the posters to be respectful, even when we disagree. It did take me some time to get used to what is considered acceptable vs. what isn't here - but I find as long as we stick to the show, the characters, the actors and not make it personal it's all good. I don't see that as bullying. Apparently you do.
I read that article, too, and that last line that says, chances are he will be singing a different tune when the whole truth comes out, was not a quote from JS or AZ. All comments made by them were in quotation marks. It was an opinion made by the person who wrote the article and acted as a concluding sentence for that article. That doesn't mean that it is true or does it mean it reflects the opinion of the show or the actors.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 07:14 PM
SocRMum1
Liz<3Days

Quote:

But can EJ forgive her?
"Yes he really loves her," says Scott. "it was a poor choice but it wasn't malicious. Does it make her a horrible person? No. She made a very, very, poor choice and she had to deal with some of fallout from that. She got herself into a situation where she really didn't have a choice but to keep on fighting; otherwise, she was losing everything she was trying to protect."

No where does he qualify that his opinion is in reference to the first part of the reveal or the last or any part. The writer asks him if his character can forgive Nicole...he said YES.

Now thats the actor's opinion of what he knows about the SL....not what EJ knows so far. The actor has knowledge of what's going to happen, so based on his knowledge, he stated his opinion of what his character MAY do/feel.

Do I take his word as gospel...no, but some fans like to constantly annoy others by repeating his quotes when it suits their fanbase purposes, while IGNORE quotes and misinterpret them and judge others as being wrong when they don't like what an actor says.

It's not fun posting when you have people bulling others to see it their way and that their opinions are wrong.

Unless you are a head writer/exec producer, you dont know what going to happen in the show.

I used to like to discuss topics here, but let's call a spade a spade, if your fave character/couple interfere with ejami...then be prepared to be attacked.

I dont know what's going to happen, I'm going to enjoy my couple until I can't....that's all I can do.

(And as for the ignore feature...tried that...doesn't really work when people quote the person...LOL)
The entire article is talking about where the story is right now. The writer, the actors - it's all about what it playing out on screen that week. I happen to agree with the quote from JS at this point in the story. It does make sense to me that EJ would feel like he 'could' eventually forgive Nicole because he has no idea the depths of her deception. EJ does feel like he loves Nicole at this point - he's worked so hard to convince himself and only seems to have recently managed it if his confession to her on the plane to Paris is any indication. But despite all of that, he knew in his heart of hearts that she can't be trusted. At this point, he figures he already knows the worst and will have to work through that. Imagine when the entire truth comes out? Whatever happens between now and then is basically filler until he finds out the depths of her deception and how willing she's been to allow him to suffer and grieve - twice now - rather than put herself in harms way.

Of course he didn't qualify whether he's talking about now or later - why would he? We haven't seen what will happen later - but even the article's closing line is

Quote:

Calling a spade a spade is seeing that it works both ways. EJami and EJami fans are attacked all the time. Some people love them, some don't. :shrug: I've posted in countless threads on a variety of topics, not mentioning EJ and more times than I can count someone will respond with "Well...what about EJ and how he's so...blah, blah, blah". I'm not even discussing EJ or EJami or anything about them - yet others bring up their dislike of the character or pairing to prop their argument, presumably because they know I'm a EJami fan (not too hard to figure out just based on my avi and banner :lol: ) Do I get upset about it? No. Does it make posting here less fun for me? Nope. It is what it is. I enjoy the opportunity to discuss the show here and elsewhere and most times I find the posters to be respectful, even when we disagree. It did take me some time to get used to what is considered acceptable vs. what isn't here - but I find as long as we stick to the show, the characters, the actors and not make it personal it's all good. I don't see that as bullying. Apparently you do.
I read that article, too, and that last line that says, chances are he will be singing a different tune when the whole truth comes out, was not a quote from JS or AZ. All comments made by them were in quotation marks. It was an opinion made by the person who wrote the article and acted as a concluding sentence for that article. That doesn't mean that it is true or does it mean it reflects the opinion of the show or the actors.
Well I don't think SOD was exactly going out on a limb with that statement seeing as they kinda know how soap operas work.

I can see EJ forgiving Nicole about the miscarriage lie because he can convince himself it was because she loved him :eyeroll: but is it
your belief that EJ will forgive Nicole after he finds out that she:
- knew Sami was pregnant and didn't tell him
- knew Grace wasn't his daughter but still allowed him to grieve for her.
- allowed him to think that Sydney wasn't his daughter and possibly risk a custody suit with her "real" parents

:huh1:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

angmc
Oct 4 2009, 07:23 PM
magicsteacher
SocRMum1
Liz<3Days

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Quote:

Well I don't think SOD was exactly going out on a limb with that statement seeing as they kinda know how soap operas work.

I can see EJ forgiving Nicole about the miscarriage lie because he can convince himself it was because she loved him :eyeroll: but is it
your belief that EJ will forgive Nicole after he finds out that she:
- knew Sami was pregnant and didn't tell him
- knew Grace wasn't his daughter but still allowed him to grieve for her.
- allowed him to think that Sydney wasn't his daughter and possibly risk a custody suit with her "real" parents

:huh1:

No, it isn't. I think he will forgive Nicole for the miscarriage and not telling him, but as for the rest, I doubt that.
He can't anyway--- Ari needs to go on maternity leave!!!!

angmc
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 07:27 PM
]No, it isn't. I think he will forgive Nicole for the miscarriage and not telling him, but as for the rest, I doubt that.
He can't anyway--- Ari needs to go on maternity leave!!!!
One of the many reasons he won't be forgiving Nicole any time soon.

Manda1

Alligato
Oct 4 2009, 12:05 PM
Liz<3Days

Quote:

But can EJ forgive her?

:applause: :applause:
Holy shit, Liz! You have summed up so much of what I have been thinking! Awesome post! :iloveyou:
Hello? True post! :applause: :applause: :applause:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
SocRMum1
Liz<3Days

Quote:

But can EJ forgive her?

Quote:

Right. Which is why I said it was the article's closing line. But I'm not sure what difference it makes. My point was that the article was referencing specifically what is playing out on screen right now. The last line supports that.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

I just read it as JS saying yes, EJ could forgive her, from which I don't think we can leap to the conclusion that he does forgive her.

I think he said yes, because it's only the part reveal and if he said no at this point, then he'd have nowhere to go when the full reveal happens. But I'm the 1st to admit that I know nothing

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds great. Can't wait!

Livie

ges
Oct 3 2009, 02:20 PM
lizis2lovely
Oct 2 2009, 10:09 AM
I wonder if EJ will put together the fact that Tony knew about the switch and was trying to tell him before he died, and EJ might also blame Nic on killing Tony (who I really think was Andre, but we just wont go there....)????
Just as I expected, so many deep, deep lies and people murdered over the secret and we get "Oh, E.J. really loves her." He'll keep her anyway. We have one word for a guy like that where I come from. It is called putz. He can blow off all the steam onscreen that the writers care to deliver. His character lost his cojones the day he went out to get a latte for poor Nicole whilst he knew Samantha was being hunted down by the assassin Stephano clearly hired to kill the Mayor so Abe could get the job. Did he even think to protect the mother of his child? No, he was too busy painting Nicole's toenails. Just put him in a tutu and be done with it. I am so over this crap. Keep Rafe unconscious, put Stephanie back in the morgue drawer, and let E.J. have a wife that has proven again and again that she will do anything to anybody to get what she wants. He deserves no better at this point. He and Brady can have a duel over her. Because we all know that there is nothing more attractive to a man that a woman that is a former porn star, attempted murderer, a thief, and of course a baby stealer. So of course she has the two hottest guys on the show swooning over her. Why? Because men are stupid according to Dena Higley. And Nicole is so irresistible. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
:cheer: Not often I am so moved by a post that I put up an emoticon! You have summarized the EJ I have had to endure onscreen for so long. I have a bit more sympathy for Rafe though, and do want to see him come back to tell the town about Sydney. But EJ? They have so destroyed the essence of what made him interesting and exciting they may as well keep him married to Nicole, except no custody rights to either Johnny or the soon to be renamed Sydney. He can learn to forgive his barren rag of a wife while he oversees his DiMera Empire.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply