Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Carly kills Lawrence!; Oct 13th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Sep 30 2009, 12:52 PM (6,175 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW each feature an interview with Crystal Chappell.

Carly murders Lawrence, and then she decides to return to Salem. "There is something there she has to do, there is someone there she needs to take care of and protect," Chappell tells SOD. Carly has flashbacks during her trip to Salem. Chappell says that through the flashbacks, Carly remembers that Bo is "very good at protecting people". Carly wants to contact Bo and Justin and ask them to help her.

Carly tries to call Bo, but there is turbulence on the plane and the call doesn't go through. "During all that, she's just frantic and in disbelief about what she's done," Chappell says.

Chappell says the audience will gradually learn what led Carly to kill Lawrence. "It's been a hard life [for Carly]. There were some good times, but there have mostly been difficulties." Chappell says that Carly is "fierce and edgy and she has a darkness to her she didn't have when she left and a bit of a flippant sense of humor," and Chappell says she's "grateful" for that.

By the end of the week, SOW says that "Lawrence's minions are on to Carly", and that as "Carly's plane nosedives", she has a vision of Lawrence. Chappell says that "Lawrence becomes Carly's tormentor," and that he haunts her, telling her that she'll join him in death. Chappell concludes that Carly "knows if she doesn't get to Salem fast, someone close to her will die. It's a very important person in her life.... what would happen if Carly doesn't get to Salem is worse than death for her."

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Sep 30 2009, 12:52 PM
Chappell concludes that Carly "knows if she doesn't get to Salem fast, someone close to her will die. It's a very important person in her life.... what would happen if Carly doesn't get to Salem is worse than death for her."
Sigh. That sure sounds like a previously-unknown kid.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Hmmm.... Me thinks Vivian comes to Salem to prove that Carly killed Lawrence. Let the tormenting begin!

MrsDimera

I agree, it def sounds like a kid. I know I might be stirring the pot right now. But my mind has jumped from Chad being her kid to Melanie. She was in Europe when she was first introduced and I know the writers had her dad on scene (I forget his name). With these writers anything is possible.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Maybe Trent really isn't Melanie's father. Maybe Carly & Lawrence had a daughter and she kept the pregnancy a secret from Lawrence and gave the baby away to protect her and then Lawrence finally found out about the fact which is what lead to Carly killing him. Makes about as much sense as Frankie is Carly's unknown brother. lol

(Just speculation and it breaks the Melanie/Max connection).

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

So she is probably the mother of either Melanie, Mia, or Chad. This is sounding pretty good! I can't wait to see what Vivian brings to all of this.

Thanks, Ellie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The peron Carly needs to protect is a child and I bet that child is Chad.

I'm really intrigued in how Carly reappears. I hope her killing Lawrence is in the flashbacks as well. I think just shifting from characters on the current cast to Carly and Lawrence right before she kills him would be very confusing and WTF for the majority of DAYS current audience. No one would even know who they are.

This sounds exciting though!

Harmony233

Am I the only one wondering where the heck Nicholas is?Wouldn't he be in just as much danger as Carlys longlost kid would be.But this story sounds interesting too though.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This sounds great..can't wait to watch it all unfold..I hope she is Chad's mother

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Sep 30 2009, 01:31 PM
This sounds great..can't wait to watch it all unfold..I hope she is Chad's mother
Me too! And I hope he's Bo's son too. Chad needs family connections in this town.

MrsDimera

I dont think Nicholas would be in as much trouble as her possible long lost child. Due to the fact Lawrence is his daddy and probably was raised like Phillip was. But who knows?

MrsDimera

DrewHamilton
Sep 30 2009, 01:33 PM
Kevc1980
Me too! And I hope he's Bo's son too. Chad needs family connections in this town.
Wow, that would somewhat make sense, if Carly was preggers with Bo's baby before she left Salem. That would be a reason for her to hide the pregnancy and give the baby up for adoption. That would also be a reason to not get romantically involved with Bo, to protect the child's identity and not let Bo know about him. With the writers changing Chad's last name to the DA's last name, that could bring some more drama. Considering, Bo and the DA can't stand each other.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

MrsDimera
Sep 30 2009, 01:42 PM
DrewHamilton
Sep 30 2009, 01:33 PM
Kevc1980
Wow, that would somewhat make sense, if Carly was preggers with Bo's baby before she left Salem. That would be a reason for her to hide the pregnancy and give the baby up for adoption. That would also be a reason to not get romantically involved with Bo, to protect the child's identity and not let Bo know about him. With the writers changing Chad's last name to the DA's last name, that could bring some more drama. Considering, Bo and the DA can't stand each other.
I wont even get into what to make of the fact that that would mean that Chad is older than Philip & EJ. lol

Mason
Member Avatar

I LOVE this!

But please, no long-lost kids.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 30 2009, 01:47 PM
I wont even get into what to make of the fact that that would mean that Chad is older than Philip & EJ. lol
Ehh, so is Will.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I agree that this definitely sounds like there is a kid in Salem. I was thinking Chad, but then I'm thinking of the timeline, and isn't the only 16 y/o Mia? Mia, who glares and stares off when referring to her non-mother. I don't want it to be Mia because I cannot stand her, and Chad makes more sense, especially if he is Lawrence's because that would explain his gray-ness, but I don't know. Blah, I'm not even crazy enough about Chad to want him to be the kid she needs to protect. I don't know if I want Bo to have another grown kid he didn't know about, either. I hope it isn't a kid afterall. That is just so played out.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Mason
Sep 30 2009, 01:57 PM
I LOVE this!

But please, no long-lost kids.
I'm with you.

But the awesome-est part is- if the kids sucks ass that's still cool. Because Vivian is coming, she will torture the hell out of it, and we'll get to watch.

I wonder why killing Lawrence would put a kid in danger, though, if she adopted it out. Maybe Lawrence/Vivian found out about her secret kid recently and she killed him to stop him from finding it, but she couldn't stop Vivian yet (or ever, really)? But then...if she left Salem pregnant or somehow has this secret kid out there- is this going to be another storyline where some woman lied to a guy about a baby? That's a strange theme to build a show around.

Sindacco

Even though this sounds good I don't want Lawrence to die :(

Harmony233

Sindacco
Sep 30 2009, 03:12 PM
IA to be honest I actually think Lawrence and Carlys dark twisted realtionship apparantly shown in flashbacks sounds more interesting than Carly in a triangle with Bope.LOL I actually hope Lawrence turns up alive one of these days.Hey if Victor can survive death the million times he died.

Ellie

Sindacco
Sep 30 2009, 03:12 PM
I bet he was an afterthought, like once Days had agreed with Crystal that she was coming back, they thought, hey, what if we have Sabatino in a few scenes too? I don't think it was ever the plan to have him back long term.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply