Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of October 12th; *UPDATED 10/10*
Topic Started: Sep 30 2009, 01:43 PM (15,070 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

kitkat
Oct 13 2009, 08:05 PM
Reason, I don't think so conscience, maybe-- of course one that he listens too and usually does the opposite. But look at next week, she decides to help Nicole flee with Sydney. Does it really sound like she thinks he should be anywhere near Sydney? It was a week ago, I think that we saw Sami at Grace's grave saying that she wouldn't know she would have done if Grace was an only child. Think about this that is what Sydney is to Nicole, her only child, the only child she's gonna get. And Sami knows how much she loves that child, when it comes to the big reveal I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Sami that does the forgiving of Nicole.
If Sami forgives Nicole it will be proof positive that these writers have absolutely no clue who the character is or what the viewers want. If someone stole my child and raised her right under my nose for nearly a year - during which time they also watched the baby I thought was mine die and comforted me in my grief - there would be nothing and no one that could ever get me to accept that they 'loved' my baby or deserve one ounce of compassion or forgiveness. I find it unbelievable that any fan of Sami would be happy to see her forgive Nicole - whether they are a EJami, Safe or just a straight Sami fan.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daisy132

kitkat
Reason, I don't think so conscience, maybe-- of course one that he listens too and usually does the opposite. But look at next week, she decides to help Nicole flee with Sydney. Does it really sound like she thinks he should be anywhere near Sydney? It was a week ago, I think that we saw Sami at Grace's grave saying that she wouldn't know she would have done if Grace was an only child. Think about this that is what Sydney is to Nicole, her only child, the only child she's gonna get. And Sami knows how much she loves that child, when it comes to the big reveal I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Sami that does the forgiving of Nicole.
Sami will sing a different tune when she'll find out Nicole's only child is her own stolen daughter. The build-up of Sami's friendship and trust in Nicole is the same as it was for EJ. The fall will be much harder and the betrayal unforgivable. The compassion will come when Nicole will be taken away to the loony bin while looking back at Sami and EJ holding their baby.
Edited by daisy132, Oct 13 2009, 09:01 PM.

kitkat
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 13 2009, 08:58 PM
kitkat
If Sami forgives Nicole it will be proof positive that these writers have absolutely no clue who the character is or what the viewers want. If someone stole my child and raised her right under my nose for nearly a year - during which time they also watched the baby I thought was mine die and comforted me in my grief - there would be nothing and no one that could ever get me to accept that they 'loved' my baby or deserve one ounce of compassion or forgiveness. I find it unbelievable that any fan of Sami would be happy to see her forgive Nicole - whether they are a EJami, Safe or just a straight Sami fan.
I didn't say I'd be happy with it, I couldn't do it. But we've seen a side of Sami, that isn't really knew. And I don't mean it's the same lady we've seen since the twins were born, it's the Sami she always was. What I always saw, Samantha J. Brady, the biggest heart on the show. She always been this heart, she just took awhile to learn how to fill it and feel it. I remember her telling Rafe how she was always trying to feel love, that what the schemes were mostly about trying to feel love-- from her mom & dad; from all the guys she loved before who either just plain betrayed her, left her, or made her feel unworthy; and spreading throughout most of the citizens of Salem. This is why I've always been a Sami fan, she the woman that's always been trying to overcome. With every week I've seen more and more the Sami that I always new she was, yeah for Sami! And thank to Alison Sweeney, for making her such a beloved character to so many...

michelle
Member Avatar

She's actually Samantha Gene Brady after her mom's best bud Eugene Bradford, not Samantha J.

Sami and her big heart always searching for love. How funny. I wonder if Carrie would feel the same way you do about her sister. Sami has only changed recently.

If you watched from the onset, she has always been a total manipulating schemer who wanted to get her own way whether she hurt anyone else or not - and not just in the love department.

I do love her character, mostly, but all this self righteous crap I get tired of. Who is this holier than thou Sami? I love the stones she throws at EJ when she herself has done some super unforgivable shit. She's got balls that one! That's why the real Sami is way better fighting and scheming with EJ rather than living in bliss with Mr. Perfect goody 2 shoes Rafe, I mean the white knight, Rafe.

How absolutely boring their life together would be and too dull for me to bother watching!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Sorry, but the only heart Sammi Gene has is for her own!

The girl came to town blaming her sister for being prettier, more popular then her. She looks at the guy next door, whos way older then her (Austin) and decides to claim him even though it was CLEAR that he had eyes for his sister....Carrie, got in the way...no problem, just make her life a living hell for 10 years chasing someone who clearly loved someone else.

I just loved how judgmental she was on Friday when she criticizes Nicole's lie...saying some shit like "I've never gone that far?" HUH?? ARE YOU KIDDING?? I just picture the Stan SL...that was all kinds of wrong...she broke federal, state and international laws impersonating a soldier! Please, sell it to someone that cares!

But, I gotta say, I do see a maturity in Sami recently. While shes not chasing tail, I have seen some sympathy, responsibility and dare I say understanding. No way could I have said those things about her last year.

If this character is going to be on DAYS incessantly, why does she have to be bipolar? There should be a maturation and for pete's sake give this woman some ambition to get a job, go to school and get an insta-career! Then I can maybe..just maybe tolerate her.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Hey, Sami forgave a man who sexually violated her as a condition to save the man she loved...and then she went on to having voluntary comfort sex with him. Many people thought the real Sami Brady would not have done that, but shot him in the jimmy.
So yea, I think Sami can forgive Nicole for her lies. It's stupid, but stupidity has been done before, especially where it concerned Sami.
That, and two birds of a feather....

On this show, anything is possible. I saw John flatline. LOL!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 14 2009, 09:49 AM
Hey, Sami forgave a man who sexually violated her as a condition to save the man she loved...and then she went on to having voluntary comfort sex with him. Many people thought the real Sami Brady would not have done that, but shot him in the jimmy.
So yea, I think Sami can forgive Nicole for her lies. It's stupid, but stupidity has been done before, especially where it concerned Sami.
That, and two birds of a feather....

On this show, anything is possible. I saw John flatline. LOL!
I think Sami could potentially forgive Nicole some day - but not anywhere in the foreseeable future. It took her nearly two years to forgive EJ and I'm sure we could all argue this six ways to Sunday - but if it were me I'd resent Nicole a whole hell of a lot more for what she's done than what happened with EJ. Not to mention the fact that she loves/loved EJ. But that's just me. :shrug:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Oct 14 2009, 09:26 AM
Sorry, but the only heart Sammi Gene has is for her own!

The girl came to town blaming her sister for being prettier, more popular then her. She looks at the guy next door, whos way older then her (Austin) and decides to claim him even though it was CLEAR that he had eyes for his sister....Carrie, got in the way...no problem, just make her life a living hell for 10 years chasing someone who clearly loved someone else.

I just loved how judgmental she was on Friday when she criticizes Nicole's lie...saying some shit like "I've never gone that far?" HUH?? ARE YOU KIDDING?? I just picture the Stan SL...that was all kinds of wrong...she broke federal, state and international laws impersonating a soldier! Please, sell it to someone that cares!

But, I gotta say, I do see a maturity in Sami recently. While shes not chasing tail, I have seen some sympathy, responsibility and dare I say understanding. No way could I have said those things about her last year.

If this character is going to be on DAYS incessantly, why does she have to be bipolar? There should be a maturation and for pete's sake give this woman some ambition to get a job, go to school and get an insta-career! Then I can maybe..just maybe tolerate her.
I think we have seen a big change in Sami over the past year or two, and especially since she has met Rafe and Grace died. On the shows lately I have seen her thinking of others and putting their wants and needs above her own, including those of Will. Now, we will see it with Mia and Nicole. We have heard her say three different times now that she wants Rafe to be happy and safe, even tho she is not with her right now. That is not something, IMO, we would have seen her say in the past. I think the scheming, vengeful Sami is a thing of the past.
It's just my opinion that Sami will end up forgiving Nicole b/c she will realize that Nicole is mentally ill when all this happened. I am not saying it is a good defense, but one that I think the writers will be using. There has to be some plausible reason so they can bring her character back on the show.
Sami has been looking for a job,and that is another thing that is different about her. She may not find one right now b/c of the whole babyswitch s/l, but I think she will be more independent and I like that idea.
Edited by magicsteacher, Oct 14 2009, 10:07 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

I actually think they are setting things up as they are with Sami's 'softer' side, including her newfound friendship with Nicole, to bring a much more emotional impact to the baby reveal. If Sami and Nicole were still mortal enemies and nasty to each other in every shared scene Sami's reaction to the final reveal would be pretty predictable. The fact that they are setting things up to show that Sami not only now feels friendship for Nicole, but seems to trust her and is going to go so far as to help her leave with (Sami's) baby creates much more angsty, soapy drama. I think Sami's reaction to the betrayal will be much bigger as a result - it's not just about an enemy doing something awful to her. This is about this so-called friend betraying her in the worst possible way.

I don't think the immediate follow up to that will be a softer, gentler Sami offering up forgiveness and mercy. Maybe way down the road...but no time soon. I do think Nicole is likely to be carted off for treatment somewhere and her redemption will come after that (and AZ's maternity leave :lol: ) but I doubt Sami will be the first person in line to give her a hug when she returns.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 14 2009, 10:34 AM
I actually think they are setting things up as they are with Sami's 'softer' side, including her newfound friendship with Nicole, to bring a much more emotional impact to the baby reveal. If Sami and Nicole were still mortal enemies and nasty to each other in every shared scene Sami's reaction to the final reveal would be pretty predictable. The fact that they are setting things up to show that Sami not only now feels friendship for Nicole, but seems to trust her and is going to go so far as to help her leave with (Sami's) baby creates much more angsty, soapy drama. I think Sami's reaction to the betrayal will be much bigger as a result - it's not just about an enemy doing something awful to her. This is about this so-called friend betraying her in the worst possible way.

I don't think the immediate follow up to that will be a softer, gentler Sami offering up forgiveness and mercy. Maybe way down the road...but no time soon. I do think Nicole is likely to be carted off for treatment somewhere and her redemption will come after that (and AZ's maternity leave :lol: ) but I doubt Sami will be the first person in line to give her a hug when she returns.
I agree with you. I didn't mean that she will forgive Nicole right now, but sometime down the road. And I think Sami will feel betrayed b/c she does think Nicole has been a friend to her, even tho she has been warned time and time again by others that she shouldn't be trusted. I guess I am a little surprised that she still trusts Nicole after she tried to get Sami to file a restraining order against Rafe and even her dad said that he didn't put much store in what Nicole thought or said. Not to mention the fact that she has lied about her whole pregnancy and miscarriage.

speechless
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 14 2009, 10:34 AM

Hi SOCS!

ITA with you! TPTB are setting up Sami and Nicole's demise bigtime! Once Sami finds out what Nicole did and thinks back on how she tried to befriend the pwerson who stole her child from her and let her get close to and grieve over a child that was not hers AND was willing to help Nicole leave town with her child..OH Sami will flip out. No way she will forgive her down the road. I suspect stepford Sami will be dead and gone when it comes to Nicole!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply