Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chad Peterson gets a new last name...; May be related to another character?
Topic Started: Sep 29 2009, 09:20 PM (1,694 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

For some reason, "Days of Our Lives" has decided to give Chad a new last name. The credits listed him as Chad Peterson until August 11. From August 13-September 23, the credits listed Chad with no last name. Beginning on Friday, September 25, the credits on NBC began listing the character as Chad Woods. There is another character on "Days" with the last name of Woods, the District Attorney, Charles Woods (David Leisure). No info yet on whether the two are related.

http://www.jason47.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

Thats weird.Why on earth would they make Chad related to a recurring character?If they are doing this,at least make Chad related to a long establshed character we care about

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for the info Jason. That is strange.

For some reason I've had it in my head that Chad's mother was that judge who Stefano used to call upon when he had legal problems. Wasn't her last name Peterson?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I believe it was Judge Fitzpatrick.

Thanks for posting!
Edited by Halloween Family, Sep 29 2009, 09:52 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Shoot! I still want him to turn out to be Carly's son.

If he turns out to be the DA's son, that's lame. We don't care about the DA. That's like when they made Morgan's father nothing but a customs guy rather than a potential candidate for mayor like the scripts called for back in spring 2008.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I don't know what this means, but I don't have a good feeling about it...

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

As I recall, Chad's unidentified mother is indeed a judge--she was being considered for an appointment or was actually being appointed to the federal bench--but was never said to be Fitzpatrick. Maybe they've decided to relate him to the DA because he's going to be committing a crime--perhaps kidnapping Sydney?--and they'll need an explanation as to why he gets preferential treatment.

Or maybe the identical surname is a coincidence.

Deleted User
Deleted User

If he is related to the D.A, I say he's adopted and is in fact someone's (Carly's?) son.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Amello
Sep 29 2009, 10:42 PM
If he is related to the D.A, I say he's adopted and is in fact someone's (Carly's?) son.
That was my thought.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I always wanted him to be one of Justin's sons. I hope its not Joe Isuzu's son...thats just weird!
Thanks for posting!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Sep 29 2009, 10:42 PM
I agree. To me, the fact that they would even bother to connect Chad to a character we have barely seen much of at all is pretty telling. It's the perfect setup to revealing not everything is as it seems with him.

If the show wanted to make Chad the son of Carly or someone else (which I think is needed if they want to try Chad/Mia), they needed to do something like this and then play up the fact that he may be connected to someone else. There had been no hints of anything being unresolved with him and his family life so, to me, this kind of sets up the potential of that.

I do wish we saw more of the DA. He popped up like twice and that was it LOL.

dooldooldool

It certainly would have been better to have him be the son of Judge Karen "On-The-Take" Fitzpatrick. After all, she has been around for several years and only within the past year has she become a DiMera Stooge. The DA is played by an actor known for his comedy and has appeared in what, 5 episodes?

Plus, as the son of Karen Fitzpatrick, he could have retained his "Peterson" identity as the judge could be re-married or retained a maiden name.

I don't want him to be a long-lost child of one of the four legacy families (Horton/Brady/DiMera/Alemain). Things have been too incestuous on DOOL for the past dozen years. The actor is by far the strongest of the "younger set" and could carry a storyline, just not as the son of Joe Isuzu.

Hmmmm, musing aloud. Perhaps Mia's mom could be the Judge. Although I sorta imagine "Mrs McCormick" being a tad white-trashy, given that one daughter was tossed from home when knocked up at 15 and the other was shacked up with BF #1, then almost immediately BF #2, who dragged her from Salem, leaving Mia homeless a second time.

Taelyn

Its also possible the DA, and the Judge are Married but kept individual names for professional reasons.

jane1978

dooldooldool
Sep 30 2009, 03:15 AM
It certainly would have been better to have him be the son of Judge Karen "On-The-Take" Fitzpatrick. After all, she has been around for several years and only within the past year has she become a DiMera Stooge. The DA is played by an actor known for his comedy and has appeared in what, 5 episodes?

Plus, as the son of Karen Fitzpatrick, he could have retained his "Peterson" identity as the judge could be re-married or retained a maiden name.

I don't want him to be a long-lost child of one of the four legacy families (Horton/Brady/DiMera/Alemain). Things have been too incestuous on DOOL for the past dozen years. The actor is by far the strongest of the "younger set" and could carry a storyline, just not as the son of Joe Isuzu.

Hmmmm, musing aloud. Perhaps Mia's mom could be the Judge. Although I sorta imagine "Mrs McCormick" being a tad white-trashy, given that one daughter was tossed from home when knocked up at 15 and the other was shacked up with BF #1, then almost immediately BF #2, who dragged her from Salem, leaving Mia homeless a second time.
Miaīs parents are poor. That much was established when she first appear. And I think her background is plausible. Her relationship with mum went ugly when her mum found a new boyfriend, Mia got pregnant and her mum threw her out. It happens. I donīt think they need to make Mia related with someone in Salem, they just need to play her bond with Maggie more and finally give her some sister-like scenes with Melanie. Itīs weird those two live together and never interact. I quess itīs because the teens are part of a different taping block, so itīs easier from the production standpoint, but I would love to see some bonding scenes between them.

Anyway, I seriously doubt the show plans to make Chad a real son of Mr. Woods. John Isuzu taped maybe five episodes so far and no way they plan to make him a longterm character. But if there is an upcoming story which will question Chadīs parenthood they need someone to play his current parents on screen first. So they could either hire some new dayplayers, or use some already introduced character with a fitting background. I think the writers are just trying to connect the random dots related to his parrenthood they made so far not knowing they will actually really need to delve into it more in future. Itīs very much like what they did with Mia who also was supposed to be just a plot device for Nicol to get her child, not a longterm character.

With all the latest news I think the connection between Carly and Chad seems to be more and more plausible. CC said Carly heads back to Salem because she needs Bo to help her protect someone very close to her. Someone, who is apparently already in Salem. Not Rafe, because she has yet to meet him. Daniel? Why she wouldnīt just called him? It has to be someone who doesnīt know he/she could be in danger and who is not able to protect himself/herself. Now we have another hint with TPTB suddenly changing Chadī surname. And another hint from Nelson who said he is not happy with the second twist in Carlyīs story and who it involves. Of course, the characters Nelson dislikes most are teens.

Chelikins
Member Avatar

Who is Nelson?

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

I can see the two being related either by birth or adoption. Chad is a bully just as is the DA and he also doesn't know when to call it quits. Add to that Chad is a blink away from getting into drugs again and with his temperament I can see a slip. Hope Mia is nowhere around then.

AlmostRosey
Member Avatar

i decided instead of speculating.... let's ask Casey.... that's what he twitted back:

yes! My father will be released soon...can't tell ya who it is though;))

http://twitter.com/ScuseCaseyd/status/4501185705

and i'm still left wondering.......hmmmm

Kenny
Member Avatar

His father is probably Lawrence. Damn it.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 30 2009, 12:10 PM
His father is probably Lawrence. Damn it.
Better Lawrence than Bo.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I wouldn't think Carly would give up another child after all she went through in finding out Nicky was her biological child. Therefore, the Chad was adopted by the Peterson's but is really Carly's son doesn't work for me. That said, it's probably what will happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply