Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chad Peterson gets a new last name...; May be related to another character?
Topic Started: Sep 29 2009, 09:20 PM (1,701 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 30 2009, 12:14 PM
Kenny
Sep 30 2009, 12:10 PM
His father is probably Lawrence. Damn it.
Better Lawrence than Bo.
Both possibilities suck, LoL. I don't want this guy marring Carly's return.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

dc cubs
I wouldn't think Carly would give up another child after all she went through in finding out Nicky was her biological child. Therefore, the Chad was adopted by the Peterson's but is really Carly's son doesn't work for me. That said, it's probably what will happen.
Yeah that doesn't really make any sense that Carly would give up another child.

MrsDimera

Paxton
Sep 29 2009, 10:21 PM
As I recall, Chad's unidentified mother is indeed a judge--she was being considered for an appointment or was actually being appointed to the federal bench--but was never said to be Fitzpatrick. Maybe they've decided to relate him to the DA because he's going to be committing a crime--perhaps kidnapping Sydney?--and they'll need an explanation as to why he gets preferential treatment.

Or maybe the identical surname is a coincidence.
That would be interesting considering the DA was all over Bo's ass about preferential treatment in regards to the case involving Daniel. Bo had a feeling Daniel wasn't the one who poisioned Chloe and Kate was involved. The DA didn't want to hear it though cuz he knew Daniel was Bo's daddy's godson. If this is gonna be the case, I hope Bo or Abe go after him the way he did with Bo.

jane1978

dc cubs
I wouldn't think Carly would give up another child after all she went through in finding out Nicky was her biological child. Therefore, the Chad was adopted by the Peterson's but is really Carly's son doesn't work for me. That said, it's probably what will happen.
I think thatīs the main problem with any lost child story for Carly. She already went through that with Nicky. Otherwise, I could definitely see a scenario where Carly discovers she is pregnant with Boīs child, Lawrence and Vivian somewhat make the child disappear (not necesseraly during the delivery), Carly believes the child is dead, Vivian gives the little boy to her old friend Mr. Woods and his wife who raise him as their own.

Cut to present, Carly finally discovers her baby is still alive, she blames Lawrence, they fight and Lawrence dies. Carly rushes back to Salem to save her child (now teenager) before Vivian discovers what happened and revenges on him.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Chad is totally Bo's bastard son and Lawrence just found out which is why Carly had to kill him.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Wait -- I don't think Carly gave Nicholas away. There's a difference between having a baby taken from you without your consent to giving one away willingly and knowing where the child is.

Harmony233

jane1978
Sep 30 2009, 01:14 PM
dc cubs
I think thatīs the main problem with any lost child story for Carly. She already went through that with Nicky. Otherwise, I could definitely see a scenario where Carly discovers she is pregnant with Boīs child, Lawrence and Vivian somewhat make the child disappear (not necesseraly during the delivery), Carly believes the child is dead, Vivian gives the little boy to her old friend Mr. Woods and his wife who raise him as their own.

Cut to present, Carly finally discovers her baby is still alive, she blames Lawrence, they fight and Lawrence dies. Carly rushes back to Salem to save her child (now teenager) before Vivian discovers what happened and revenges on him.
Maybe I guess Viv and Lawrence made up offscreen in the last few years.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 30 2009, 01:22 PM
Wait -- I don't think Carly gave Nicholas away. There's a difference between having a baby taken from you without your consent to giving one away willingly and knowing where the child is.
You're right that Carly didn't give Nicholas away. Vivian took him from her. However, I still don't think Carly would willingly give up a child for adoption after the feelings of loss she went through with Nicky.

MrsDimera

jane1978
Sep 30 2009, 01:14 PM
dc cubs

I could see this happening.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Sep 30 2009, 01:30 PM
Matt
Sep 30 2009, 01:22 PM
You're right that Carly didn't give Nicholas away. Vivian took him from her. However, I still don't think Carly would willingly give up a child for adoption after the feelings of loss she went through with Nicky.
She would if she felt she had to protect him or her. Carly knew what kind of man Lawrence was. She only took off with him for Nicky's sake because she wanted him to have a good life and she wanted all of them to be at peace.

I do agree that the long lost child angle is problematic because Carly's been down this road before. Vivian told her Nicky died and raised Nicky and it took years for the truth to come out. However, I think the fact that it did happen before can reinforce this story because it adds even more emotional weight to things. Plus, most of the current audience probably doesn't even know Carly or Lawrence or that previous story so they should have no issue pulling it off for a bulk of the audience.

I do think it has to be Bo's or why else would she get rid of the child? She knew what kind of man Lawrence was and she already had Nicky with him so it makes no sense for her to give up Lawrence's child. I think it's Bo's and I do believe it will be Chad, especially after reading Casey's tweet.

I don't even mind that Bo had a long lost child story with Chelsea because that story never should've happened. I did grow to like Chelsea but JER should've never undid Chelsea/Georgia's death. That was a stupid gimmick used to create round two of Hope/Bo/Billie. One thing I will say is that while Chad or someone else being Bo and Carly's child may start a triangle with Carly/Bo/Hope...at least it will make more sense and will be about more then simply breaking up Bo and Hope. There is a whole lot more drama and repercussions here and at least nothing really has to be rewritten to make it work. Carly could've easily been pregnant when she left Salem.

I think this could be good for all involved. I think Chad as Bo's son will be awesome and will add something to the Will/Mia/Chad stuff. Chad really needs more connections to Salem. I think Carly needs another connection in Salem. I really want this now, although I would've been just fine with Melanie being Carly's daughter too.

jane1978

Well, the actor confirmed on twitter the change is because his father will be introduced soon. Real father? Who knows. It definitely looks like the Carlyīs mystery person and Chad sudden last name change are connected.

LovingDays

yes! My father will be released soon...can't tell ya who it is though;))

http://twitter.com/scusecaseyd

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I'm gonna guess... Justin Kiriakis is the father.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Ok that guess is with me not having read Jason's thread about the change in name for Chad in the credits. hmmm.

LovingDays

i think its the DA

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply