Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casting Younger Sister Of Rafe & Arianna; UPDATED 10/14
Topic Started: Oct 2 2009, 01:06 PM (7,525 Views)
MrsDimera

dooldooldool
Oct 3 2009, 05:24 AM
Yawn.

Twenty years ago, DOOL introduced a latino family. April Ramirez romanced Dr Mike Horton, snarked at Eve Donovan, and guzzled alcohol. Emilio Ramirez bounced between Jennifer Horton and Melissa Anderson (Horton), wore slinky tanktops, and dove to his death from a barnloft (?). Julio Ramirez wooed Carrie Brady as part of the Teen Set 1989. Mama Rosa Ramirez had her life support unplugged and all three were gone from Salem within three years.

Let history repeat itself.
I don't think I can take 1 year of this boring family, let alone 3 years. Luckily for Days they will have Carly/Vivian on the screen so I'll watch and ff the Hernandez family who have nothing to do with Salem.
:headbang: :soapbox:
Edited by MrsDimera, Oct 3 2009, 09:40 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

MrsDimera
Oct 3 2009, 09:20 AM
dooldooldool
Yawn.

Twenty years ago, DOOL introduced a latino family. April Ramirez romanced Dr Mike Horton, snarked at Eve Donovan, and guzzled alcohol. Emilio Ramirez bounced between Jennifer Horton and Melissa Anderson (Horton), wore slinky tanktops, and dove to his death from a barnloft (?). Julio Ramirez wooed Carrie Brady as part of the Teen Set 1989. Mama Rosa Ramirez had her life support unplugged and all three were gone from Salem within three years.

I don't think I can take 1 year of this boring family, let alone 3 years. Luckily for Days they will have Carly/Vivian on the screen so I'll watch and ff the Hernandez family who have nothing to do with Salem.
I remember that,,but the actors who portrayed that family COULD ACT..I would rather have a root canal,than watch GG "try to act".He sucks,and outloud..and while LH is a good actress,this character sucks ass..she is as boring as her wooden brother...too bad Meridith throws him in the river,we ALL know wood floats..I say hell no,to anymore of the lameass Hernandez bunch :sleep: :puke:

mirabella

LovingDays
Oct 2 2009, 01:06 PM
http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=141408

From SOD:

Days is casting Gabby, the younger sister of Rafe and Arianna. The teen will play into the story with Will/Mia/Chad.
That is good news. I can't wait to see who Rafe's parents are.

Macca

Do they have to? Two from the Hernandez family is two too many already.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

This is so random and dumb.

Why are they giving Rafe a sibling the same age as Sami's child?

If they must bring on a new teen they could have done so much more than make her another Hernandez.

jane1978

MrsDimera
Oct 3 2009, 09:20 AM
dooldooldool
Yawn.

Every successful or atleast longterm writer of DAYS introduced atleast one new family, itīs a way how to keep the show fresh and the dna pool viable. New family usually means new stories, new mysteries and a lot of skeletons in the closet which the writers can slowly reveal. Brady family was once new in the town too. The same Johnsons, Deverauxs, Ramirezes, Scofields, Alamains, Reeds, Blakes, Walkers, Lockharts. This is the standart way the show operates so saying the Hernandezes are some eviction from the rules and donīt have any place on the show is not true.

FanODays

dooldooldool
Yawn.

Go back further, some 30 years ago a cop named Roman Brady came along to protect Marlena Evans.....then his family followed and Days was changed forever. Samething this time only the family is Latino.

CapeSafe

FanODays
Oct 4 2009, 06:43 AM
dooldooldool
Yawn.

Go back further, some 30 years ago a cop named Roman Brady came along to protect Marlena Evans.....then his family followed and Days was changed forever. Samething this time only the family is Latino.
I too remember when they first introduced Roman Brady (now I am showing my age), then along came the rest of the family and the Brady fish market before it was a pub. The same is happening now with Rafe and his siblings... time for some fresh faces :applause:

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

<groans> let me guess. this new teen will be as judgemental and hypocritical as his/her older brother and sister--like we don't have enough of that in salem already. fan-freaking-tastic.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 4 2009, 07:58 AM.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Wow. GG is such a great actor we're gonna have theHernandezfamily take over Salem?let me guess,they will find actors from Passions to cast these roles :drunk:

Keith
Member Avatar

Jane's right about this being part of the DAYS' handbook, basically. The problem is, the last few new families have made little to no impact. The Walkers were a knock-off of the Reeds and a bad one, and Nicole's the only one that's still worth anything. Brandon was good for what he was, but MC was just another model. The Reeds were kind of a knock-off of the Johnsons, but they were popular. The Lockharts were more annoying than anything; Bonnie was good for the occasional laugh and Mimi had her moments. Patrick and Connor were two of the most forgettable actors and characters in the show's history. The Hernandez's? Its hard to say. They certainly have the Passions following and the Safe fans. I like Lindsay, but I don't see making any kind of real impact on the show. I mean, the Bradys changed the shape of the whole show. Very few families have had that impact since, though I wouldn't seeing one happen. Changing the shape of the show from the Bradys vs. the DiMeras would be a welcome change that could revitalize the show if its done correctly, but I digress.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

CapeSafe
Oct 4 2009, 07:46 AM
FanODays
dooldooldool
Yawn.

I too remember when they first introduced Roman Brady (now I am showing my age), then along came the rest of the family and the Brady fish market before it was a pub. The same is happening now with Rafe and his siblings... time for some fresh faces :applause:
So true. Being a long-time DAYS fan, I have to admit I remember them all!!!
The show cannot just continue to have the Dimeras and Kyriakis families.
Let's face it-- the show needs new blood. The Horton family is almost extinct-- Tom is gone and Alice is not coming back; Jennifer is gone; Mickey is gone; Julie and Doug are hardly ever on. Maggie and Lucas are the only ones really left and Maggie is only a Horton by marriage, and now Lucas is in rehab and not even on the canvass right now.
The Brady family is in the same position-- Shawn is gone, Caroline is hardly ever on; Kayla and Kim are gone; Max left; Roman has sporadic roles. So, we have Sami and Bo and Stephanie left. That leaves Sami as the head woman of the Brady clan.

It will be exciting to have a new "good" family on the show. I can see a Hernandez/Brady bonding to go up against the Dimera/Kryiakis families. It would be nice to have some of the family events back and see some good family values sometimes instead of just constant blackmailing, killing, and deception.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mirabella

FanODays
dooldooldool
Yawn.

Exactly! The Brady clan was once the new family in town, just as they are bringing more of the Hernandez family on screen which also lends itself to more diversity.

mirabella

magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 10:20 AM
CapeSafe
FanODays
dooldooldool
Yawn.

Let's face it-- the show needs new blood. The Horton family is almost extinct-- Tom is gone and Alice is not coming back; Jennifer is gone; Mickey is gone; Julie and Doug are hardly ever on. Maggie and Lucas are the only ones really left and Maggie is only a Horton by marriage, and now Lucas is in rehab and not even on the canvass right now.
The Brady family is in the same position-- Shawn is gone, Caroline is hardly ever on; Kayla and Kim are gone; Max left; Roman has sporadic roles. So, we have Sami and Bo and Stephanie left. That leaves Sami as the head woman of the Brady clan.

It will be exciting to have a new "good" family on the show. I can see a Hernandez/Brady bonding to go up against the Dimera/Kryiakis families. It would be nice to have some of the family events back and see some good family values sometimes instead of just constant blackmailing, killing, and deception.
I agree. Those wonderful family scenes, the family values, is one thing that has been missing from Days for a while now. I think the show is trying to get back to more of the basics like family values and romance, love in the afternoon. Thank goodness.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Keith
Oct 4 2009, 09:51 AM
Jane's right about this being part of the DAYS' handbook, basically. The problem is, the last few new families have made little to no impact. The Walkers were a knock-off of the Reeds and a bad one, and Nicole's the only one that's still worth anything. Brandon was good for what he was, but MC was just another model. The Reeds were kind of a knock-off of the Johnsons, but they were popular. The Lockharts were more annoying than anything; Bonnie was good for the occasional laugh and Mimi had her moments. Patrick and Connor were two of the most forgettable actors and characters in the show's history. The Hernandez's? Its hard to say. They certainly have the Passions following and the Safe fans. I like Lindsay, but I don't see making any kind of real impact on the show. I mean, the Bradys changed the shape of the whole show. Very few families have had that impact since, though I wouldn't seeing one happen. Changing the shape of the show from the Bradys vs. the DiMeras would be a welcome change that could revitalize the show if its done correctly, but I digress.
Great post. :cheers:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

mirabella
Oct 4 2009, 12:25 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 10:20 AM
CapeSafe
FanODays

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I agree. Those wonderful family scenes, the family values, is one thing that has been missing from Days for a while now. I think the show is trying to get back to more of the basics like family values and romance, love in the afternoon. Thank goodness.
I think I remember reading, when the cast did their summer promos, that Ali made mention to the fact that the show seemed to be bringing back some of the ideas and family things that the show did in the 80's, which the fans seemed to like so much. I hope this is true!! I like the idea of villains, etc. a soap has to have them, but not evil things all the time. Seems to me that's pretty much what DAYS has been doing for awhile now. Just one evil plot after another.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

I wonder who Rafe's mom and dad is? I want to know more about his past.

Mason
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 4 2009, 11:50 PM
I wonder who Rafe's mom and dad is?
Posted ImagePosted Image

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I can do without Martin (who left...to protect himself and the woman he loved or something, but abandoned his family to suffer...never understood the story with him and the plastic chick). But I can't wait until they bring back Pilar. Lopez-Fitzgeralds 4-Eva!!!111!

Cupcake06

px780
Oct 4 2009, 11:55 PM
I can do without Martin (who left...to protect himself and the woman he loved or something, but abandoned his family to suffer...never understood the story with him and the plastic chick). But I can't wait until they bring back Pilar. Lopez-Fitzgeralds 4-Eva!!!111!
:laugh: You crack me up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply