Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Austin Peck in talks to return?; "There have been some calls..."
Topic Started: Oct 2 2009, 05:16 PM (4,470 Views)
Ana75
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 2 2009, 06:29 PM
Southofsoap
Oct 2 2009, 06:26 PM
Kenny
Oct 2 2009, 06:12 PM
aimees76
Oct 2 2009, 06:08 PM
I don't know, does the canvas seem like its getting a little crowded, or is it just me?
They could fix that by getting rid of Phillip/Stephanie/Mia/Chad/Melanie/etc.
I've become emotionally invested in those characters...
I'm glad somebody has, because I haven't, LoL.
I also could do without the Hernandez family. I wouldn't mind seeing them go.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ana75
Oct 2 2009, 06:32 PM
I actually don't mind Rafe (although I don't love him either) and I think Arianna has potential with Lindsay Hartley in the role. The younger crew should go first... followed by Brady.

Pretty much half the cast can be cut and I wouldn't care, LoL.

jane1978

Ana75
Oct 2 2009, 06:31 PM
I think it would pretty interesting if Austin were top come back but I would love to see Christie back as well.
Don“t understand why. Haven“t we already had enough of failed supercouple returns? It would exactly the same as all returns before. Either they return separated and fans immediatelly start to push for them reunitė, or they return together and fans starts to bitch second after the show attempts to give them some serious conflict. There is no place for Carrie/Austin as couple, the same like there is no place for Shawn/Belle as couple.

The show feels so fresh and vital now, when the supercouples are gone. The last thing DAYS need is to go back to that failed concept.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 2 2009, 06:29 PM
Southofsoap
Oct 2 2009, 06:26 PM
Kenny
aimees76
I don't know, does the canvas seem like its getting a little crowded, or is it just me?
They could fix that by getting rid of Phillip/Stephanie/Mia/Chad/Melanie/etc.
I've become emotionally invested in those characters...
I'm glad somebody has, because I haven't, LoL.
I totally understand why you would hate them. I hated Melanie and Stephanie in particular when I picked up the show again in March this year. But Steph won me over in the Owen storyline and Melanie became likeable when they moved her away from Max and the alternative fuels crap to Maggie and Nathan. I liked Nathan and Chad from the get-go. Mia took a while to grow on me. I never thought I would like Days again after Hogan Sheffer's awful tenure and that crap Dena Higley wrote last year, so maybe I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly suprised, although the show does still go through phases. I dont enjoy the show when its Rafe heavy or Chloe & Daniel heavy (without Kate) like in the summer. I find this balance good though. I think the show has come so far this year when compared to 2008 and I think an Austin return, while a nice nod to history, would be a step backwards.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 2 2009, 06:35 PM
Ana75
Oct 2 2009, 06:32 PM
I actually don't mind Rafe (although I don't love him either) and I think Arianna has potential with Lindsay Hartley in the role. The younger crew should go first... followed by Brady.

Pretty much half the cast can be cut and I wouldn't care, LoL.
I find Rafe to be boring and I never saw the need for Arianna in the first place but if she does stick around then I want her the hell away from Brady. I would like to see her hooked up with someone else but it doesn't seem to be the case at the moment that her and Brady are going to be together. I only hope that will last.
Edited by Ana75, Oct 2 2009, 06:44 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Please NO!

Ana75
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 2 2009, 06:40 PM
Ana75
Oct 2 2009, 06:31 PM
I think it would pretty interesting if Austin were top come back but I would love to see Christie back as well.
Don“t understand why. Haven“t we already had enough of failed supercouple returns? It would exactly the same as all returns before. Either they return separated and fans immediatelly start to push for them reunitė, or they return together and fans starts to bitch second after the show attempts to give them some serious conflict. There is no place for Carrie/Austin as couple, the same like there is no place for Shawn/Belle as couple.

The show feels so fresh and vital now, when the supercouples are gone. The last thing DAYS need is to go back to that failed concept.
I'd rather have him then some of the newbies. But we will see what happens if the show truly wants to have him back. I just don't want any repeat of Sami trying to get him again. :hmmph:
Edited by Ana75, Oct 2 2009, 06:49 PM.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

¤ Rhi ¤
Oct 2 2009, 05:19 PM
No! No! No!

Stay Away Pecky!
I agree. We don't need Austin back!!! I never cared for that useless character.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Honestly, I think Shawn and Belle have LOADS more potential on this show than Austin and even Carrie, as much as I adore them both.

Kenny
Member Avatar

daysfan
Oct 2 2009, 06:53 PM
Honestly, I think Shawn and Belle have LOADS more potential on this show than Austin and even Carrie, as much as I adore them both.
I tend to agree, although Austin and Carrie would be a nice substitute.

I don't think I've ever been so pissed as I was when I found out the show was writing Martha Madison out. I blew up NBC and Sony's phone lines like nobody's business, LoL.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 2 2009, 06:55 PM
daysfan
I tend to agree, although Austin and Carrie would be a nice substitute.

I don't think I've ever been so pissed as I was when I found out the show was writing Martha Madison out. I blew up NBC and Sony's phone lines like nobody's business, LoL.
I still remember Martha Madison's shout out to you and you getting to speak to Ed Scott for a couple minutes! :lol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

daysfan
Oct 2 2009, 06:56 PM
I still remember Martha Madison's shout out to you and you getting to speak to Ed Scott for a couple minutes! :lol:
LoL! I called for three days straight. Several hours at a time. I was furious! I left at least a hundred voice messages on the feedback lines at NBC, Sony and Corday Productions. They probably stuck a janitor on the phone and told me it was ES just to shut me up. Bastards.

I'm still pissed about it. Firing Martha was one of the biggest mistakes this show has ever made.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Having Martha back as Belle is something I would love.

To clear space for her and Shawn, they could write off Chloe & Daniel.

aimees76
Member Avatar

daysfan
I definitely agree!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Sami is going to need her family when she finds out the truth about Sydney. Roman and Caroline(did she drown in her famous clam chowder, where has she been) just aren't enough. Shawn and Belle have plenty of story potential, I would gladly give up Chloe, Daniel, and a few others for Martha as Belle and Grag Vaughn as Shawn.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I would want Austin back only if Carrie came with. It'd be kind of funny seeing how Carrie would react to Sami Brady being such a goody-goody these days. Maybe Carrie would come back with more of an edge?

cebryan333

Why can't Mat Cedeno come back instead know he had chemistry on screen unlike that terrible Peck!!!

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Kenny
aimees76
They could fix that by getting rid of Phillip/Stephanie/Mia/Chad/Melanie/Nathan/etc.
I don't know....I can't believe I'm saying this, but Melanie and Nathan work for me. Nathan is a Horton (atleast in name..), and Melanie has grown on me. A few months ago, I would've easily traded Peck and Clarke for the new young crowd. Now, the show is working for me all they way around.

Now I may trade Lucas for Austin. Datillo has grown tiresome and irritating. I say keep Lucas far, far from Salem. His character is pathetic now, and any hope for a new and improved Lucas died when he married Chloe.

Peck did indeed get much better in Oakdale. His turn on "World Turns" did wonders for him. But I never loved Carrie and Austin like other characters in the 90's. They weren't on the same level as Peter, Kristen, Celeste, Vivian, Ivan, and so on. They just didn't make me tune in everyday like others did. The 90's were a second golden age for this show, but they were my low point. That's just me though.

I wouldn't hate it if he came back, but I could do without him.

downwhtone
Member Avatar

Oh hell to the no! I never wanna see his deer caught in headlights look ever again in my life.

lene
Member Avatar

I would love Martha back too. And she would love to come back, she said so herself on her twitter.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply