Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD gives Rafe the thumbs up!
Topic Started: Oct 2 2009, 07:53 PM (3,371 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SOD gives Rafe a thumbs up!

Soap Opera Digest, October 6th2009
Thumbs Up!

It Figures

For years, it seemed the men in Salem were blessed with looks, but not brains. Enter Rafe, who appears to have both in spades.

The former FBI agent knew there was a connection between Nicole and Grace ever since the baby died and Nicole seemed as devastated as Sami. In the past, a DAYS hero would have shrugged and looked the other way. But Rafe doggedly pursued what he hoped were leads--the fidgety nurse at the clinic, shady Dr. Baker, Nicole's random friendship with Sami and tete-a-tetes with Brady--and they ultimately led him to figuring out the whole insidious baby switch.

Sure, he may have been knocked out and trapped by Meredith before he could share the news with Sami (this is a soap, after all), but it's enough that he actually figured it all out. At last.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. I am glad that someone had overheard at least one of their convos.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Oct 2 2009, 07:53 PM
In the past, a DAYS hero would have shrugged and looked the other way. But Rafe doggedly pursued what he hoped were leads--the fidgety nurse at the clinic, shady Dr. Baker, Nicole's random friendship with Sami and tete-a-tetes with Brady--and they ultimately led him to figuring out the whole insidious baby switch.

And never once, through all of this, confided in Sami his suspicions or what he was doing. So basically...it was all for naught. Some hero. :embarrassed:

And for the record...Stefano was way ahead of him. :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

confide his suspicions, but he did know what to suspect... when he figured it out what did he do... he called Sami. She might not have answered the call but he did call her, letting her know it was very important.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Maybe tptb have supposedly written the character to figure things out, but the character is so stinking boring that I really don't care that he's figured it all out..........it pains me to watch him and listen to him in his monotone voice as he figures everything out. It's like watching paint dry.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manda1

I'm glad Rafe got the thumbs up! I think GG is doing a great job with this character and I loved the voice overs and the whole way they played him figuring out - in theory - that Sami's baby is Sydney. And I am glad SOD agree with me! :cheers:

I think it would be very insensitive and silly for Rafe to have confided his suspicions to Sami who is already devastated about Grace and adores Sydney. Rafe should NOT open his mouth until he has absolute proof that is is actually true.

We know it's true [if we believe what we have seen onscreen] but Rafe is theorizing at this point. Rafe is certain instinctively that he is right but is sensible enough to know that Sami is in a fragile state and he wouldn't want to give her any false hope...

I love though he is captive the way he smiles every time he says Sami's baby is still alive....I think that information is going to be a vital key later when everything begins to unravel. Carly will be looking after him for now to keep him away from Sami because he's going to spill the beans as soon as he reconnects with her. I think Dr Baker will come back to re-inforce the truth too - or throw in another twist if he did a reverse switcheroo because she feared the Dimera's? - that finger was twitching for a reason.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MrsDimera

They really must have been :drunk: when writing that. I give him :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Edited by MrsDimera, Oct 3 2009, 09:43 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

MrsDimera
Oct 3 2009, 09:43 AM
They really must have been :drunk: when writing that. I give him :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Add me to your list.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

This article has some merit.
Rafe did figure everything out on his own, had the hunch, followed througth with it, put pieces together, did some investigating...where others who should have did not. I blame writers though for that mess.

Not saying I'm not pissed that his secondary character pushed his way into my favorite story and became the hero, but the character did well. GG's portrayal isn't my favorite, but that's subjective.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

Manda1
Oct 3 2009, 02:39 AM
I'm glad Rafe got the thumbs up! I think GG is doing a great job with this character and I loved the voice overs and the whole way they played him figuring out - in theory - that Sami's baby is Sydney. And I am glad SOD agree with me! :cheers:

I think it would be very insensitive and silly for Rafe to have confided his suspicions to Sami who is already devastated about Grace and adores Sydney. Rafe should NOT open his mouth until he has absolute proof that is is actually true.

We know it's true [if we believe what we have seen onscreen] but Rafe is theorizing at this point. Rafe is certain instinctively that he is right but is sensible enough to know that Sami is in a fragile state and he wouldn't want to give her any false hope...

I love though he is captive the way he smiles every time he says Sami's baby is still alive....I think that information is going to be a vital key later when everything begins to unravel. Carly will be looking after him for now to keep him away from Sami because he's going to spill the beans as soon as he reconnects with her. I think Dr Baker will come back to re-inforce the truth too - or throw in another twist if he did a reverse switcheroo because she feared the Dimera's? - that finger was twitching for a reason.
Galen is knockin' it outta the park with this Rafe character. What makes it sweeter is he has to do even better than most just b/c some aren't willing to give him the praise he deserves and already had their minds made up on it before he ever even got to Salem....LOL Galen's character is an asset to Days and it sales. I know I'd buy! :$ Let's just face it we know it , the writers know it and hell even SOD knows it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MrsDimera

If GG is selling it, why did Days have to go and get Carly? Because he wasn't selling it and they need a ratings boost/give people a reason to turn the tv back on. As far as SOD, read my previous post, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

desertgal

Manda1

I couldn't agree more - Rafe figuring out Sydney is Sami's baby is great.

I just hope all the beating he's taking from Meredith won't cause him to have amnesia and forget about what he knows.
Offline Profile Goto Top

desertgal

MrsDimera
Oct 3 2009, 10:14 AM
If GG is selling it, why did Days have to go and get Carly? Because he wasn't selling it and they need a ratings boost/give people a reason to turn the tv back on. As far as SOD, read my previous post, lol.
Same could be said for EJ and Sami, and Nicole.....if their so awesome, why did they need to bring in Carly?

I don't think she's needed at all, however, I think Corday is pulling out all the stops to keep Days on the air and I'm sure he hopes Carly will be a help to bring in a lot of the GL viewers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Livie

I can agree Stefano was ahead of Rafe, but then Stefano is the villain and Rafe is being played as the hero. What is EJ? A piece of cheese that only engages his brain when he gets the clue blown into his ear by an errant phone call.

The spoiler which hints that for some reason Rafe does not tell Sami is very interesting to me. Is it because Stefano gets to him with a threat on Sami's life. Rafe has already lost one love to what I think will turn out to be his sisters connection to drug king pins, so he could take a threat like that seriously.

Sami, still would prefer to be told.

I have quit couple shipping, and this is not a spin to elevate Rafe, it is just what I see onscreen. If I start seeing anything that shows EJ has true feelings for Sami, and the story seems to be heading that direction, I would admit it. I just do not see it now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

I'm just happy to see that EJ is starting to figure things out too. Maybe TPTB heard our outcries about the Tomlin pet figuring things out and castrating EJ's and Sami's characters in order to make him the hero. Maybe EJ will put two and two together while Rafe is recuperating with Carly. Maybe Rafe will just show up when all is revealed and say "hey Sami, guess what? Sydney is your daughter!", and Sami will say, "thanks, I already know". I could live with that.

SOD pimped Rafe and Safe from the beginning. If anything, they know it's a flop, and they think that if enough people read "Rafe and Safe is great"over and over again they will actually belive it. And they probably will - for the moment. But then they'll be watching the show and say "Nope, still boring".
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manda1

daisy132
Oct 3 2009, 11:30 AM
I'm just happy to see that EJ is starting to figure things out too. Maybe TPTB heard our outcries about the Tomlin pet figuring things out and castrating EJ's and Sami's characters in order to make him the hero. Maybe EJ will put two and two together while Rafe is recuperating with Carly. Maybe Rafe will just show up when all is revealed and say "hey Sami, guess what? Sydney is your daughter!", and Sami will say, "thanks, I already know". I could live with that.

SOD pimped Rafe and Safe from the beginning. If anything, they know it's a flop, and they think that if enough people read "Rafe and Safe is great"over and over again they will actually belive it. And they probably will - for the moment. But then they'll be watching the show and say "Nope, still boring".
How has SOD been pimping Safe?

'Rafe is boring' has been posted here almost daily for 11 months - now that is what I call boring :lol: :lol: :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

Manda1
Oct 3 2009, 11:59 AM
daisy132
Oct 3 2009, 11:30 AM

How has SOD been pimping Safe?

'Rafe is boring' has been posted here almost daily for 11 months - now that is what I call boring :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rafe/Safe being boring is a constant. It's being posted over and over again here, and on other sites because it is. Good for those that enjoy it, but we can't see what they do.

As for SOD, are you kidding me? Article after article, pictures galore, the "favorite couple poll", Galen this and Galen that... If that's not pimping, I don't know what is. No matter, they've done it with Ejole for a while, and still, we see where that's heading.
Edited by daisy132, Oct 3 2009, 12:20 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Yes, and look at Roman! He hasn't figured out anything about Rafe's sudden disappearance even thought he's been asked twice about the Rafe hating Meridith and how she's back in town.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

I could have written this entire thread in my sleep. Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

daysknowitall
Oct 3 2009, 10:08 AM
Manda1

Galen is knockin' it outta the park with this Rafe character. What makes it sweeter is he has to do even better than most just b/c some aren't willing to give him the praise he deserves and already had their minds made up on it before he ever even got to Salem....LOL Galen's character is an asset to Days and it sales. I know I'd buy! :$ Let's just face it we know it , the writers know itAnd and hell even SOD knows it.
And Lord knows if SOD says it - it MUST be so! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

And the idea that GG's 'doing it even better than most' is another :roflol: :roflol:

I disagree that he should have gone around poking in to details of the life of a woman he had broken up with. Had he gone to Sami and simply said he had some concerns about the way things happened with Grace and he'd like to look into them further that would have been one thing. But he didn't. As per usual with him, he was secretive and closed off. Had he included her...you know, like people do with a partner, Sami could potentially be reunited with her daughter right now. But he didn't. So she's no closer to having Sydney in her arms...and he's still as ineffective as he's always been.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic