Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD gives Rafe the thumbs up!
Topic Started: Oct 2 2009, 07:53 PM (3,426 Views)
CapeSafe

magicsteacher
Oct 2 2009, 07:53 PM
SOD gives Rafe a thumbs up!

Soap Opera Digest, October 6th2009
Thumbs Up!

It Figures

For years, it seemed the men in Salem were blessed with looks, but not brains. Enter Rafe, who appears to have both in spades.

The former FBI agent knew there was a connection between Nicole and Grace ever since the baby died and Nicole seemed as devastated as Sami. In the past, a DAYS hero would have shrugged and looked the other way. But Rafe doggedly pursued what he hoped were leads--the fidgety nurse at the clinic, shady Dr. Baker, Nicole's random friendship with Sami and tete-a-tetes with Brady--and they ultimately led him to figuring out the whole insidious baby switch.

Sure, he may have been knocked out and trapped by Meredith before he could share the news with Sami (this is a soap, after all), but it's enough that he actually figured it all out. At last.
It's about time SOD recognized that the character of Rafe has become "the New Hero" in Salem. :cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

CapeSafe
Oct 3 2009, 01:30 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 2 2009, 07:53 PM
SOD gives Rafe a thumbs up!

Soap Opera Digest, October 6th2009
Thumbs Up!

It Figures

For years, it seemed the men in Salem were blessed with looks, but not brains. Enter Rafe, who appears to have both in spades.

The former FBI agent knew there was a connection between Nicole and Grace ever since the baby died and Nicole seemed as devastated as Sami. In the past, a DAYS hero would have shrugged and looked the other way. But Rafe doggedly pursued what he hoped were leads--the fidgety nurse at the clinic, shady Dr. Baker, Nicole's random friendship with Sami and tete-a-tetes with Brady--and they ultimately led him to figuring out the whole insidious baby switch.

Sure, he may have been knocked out and trapped by Meredith before he could share the news with Sami (this is a soap, after all), but it's enough that he actually figured it all out. At last.
It's about time SOD recognized that the character of Rafe has become "the New Hero" in Salem. :cheer:
Yes!!! Because he's been around for....less than a year? Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

SocRMum1
Oct 3 2009, 01:29 PM
And Lord knows if SOD says it - it MUST be so! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

And the idea that GG's 'doing it even better than most' is another :roflol: :roflol:

I disagree that he should have gone around poking in to details of the life of a woman he had broken up with. Had he gone to Sami and simply said he had some concerns about the way things happened with Grace and he'd like to look into them further that would have been one thing. But he didn't. As per usual with him, he was secretive and closed off. Had he included her...you know, like people do with a partner, Sami could potentially be reunited with her daughter right now. But he didn't. So she's no closer to having Sydney in her arms...and he's still as ineffective as he's always been.
ITA!

I feel like I'm watching Luis undercover in Salem.

Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
daysknowitall
Oct 3 2009, 10:08 AM
Manda1
Oct 3 2009, 02:39 AM
I'm glad Rafe got the thumbs up! I think GG is doing a great job with this character and I loved the voice overs and the whole way they played him figuring out - in theory - that Sami's baby is Sydney. And I am glad SOD agree with me! :cheers:

I think it would be very insensitive and silly for Rafe to have confided his suspicions to Sami who is already devastated about Grace and adores Sydney. Rafe should NOT open his mouth until he has absolute proof that is is actually true.

We know it's true [if we believe what we have seen onscreen] but Rafe is theorizing at this point. Rafe is certain instinctively that he is right but is sensible enough to know that Sami is in a fragile state and he wouldn't want to give her any false hope...

I love though he is captive the way he smiles every time he says Sami's baby is still alive....I think that information is going to be a vital key later when everything begins to unravel. Carly will be looking after him for now to keep him away from Sami because he's going to spill the beans as soon as he reconnects with her. I think Dr Baker will come back to re-inforce the truth too - or throw in another twist if he did a reverse switcheroo because she feared the Dimera's? - that finger was twitching for a reason.
Galen is knockin' it outta the park with this Rafe character. What makes it sweeter is he has to do even better than most just b/c some aren't willing to give him the praise he deserves and already had their minds made up on it before he ever even got to Salem....LOL Galen's character is an asset to Days and it sales. I know I'd buy! :$ Let's just face it we know it , the writers know itAnd and hell even SOD knows it.

And the idea that GG's 'doing it even better than most' is another :roflol: :roflol:

I disagree that he should have gone around poking in to details of the life of a woman he had broken up with. Had he gone to Sami and simply said he had some concerns about the way things happened with Grace and he'd like to look into them further that would have been one thing. But he didn't. As per usual with him, he was secretive and closed off. Had he included her...you know, like people do with a partner, Sami could potentially be reunited with her daughter right now. But he didn't. So she's no closer to having Sydney in her arms...and he's still as ineffective as he's always been.
I don't think the character is great. I don't think GG is great or even good. But I also don't think he should have told Sami. He is secretive, and that's a problem with him and SAFE. But as far as this goes, you can't tell a woman who has just lost a baby that you think just maybe her baby was switched and is still alive, but you're not sure, you'll get back to her on that one. I don't know what people and SOD see in GG or Rafe, but I guess since I don't like any characters any more, I'm not a good judge.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

daysknowitall
Manda1
I'm glad Rafe got the thumbs up! I think GG is doing a great job with this character and I loved the voice overs and the whole way they played him figuring out - in theory - that Sami's baby is Sydney. And I am glad SOD agree with me! :cheers:

I think it would be very insensitive and silly for Rafe to have confided his suspicions to Sami who is already devastated about Grace and adores Sydney. Rafe should NOT open his mouth until he has absolute proof that is is actually true.

We know it's true [if we believe what we have seen onscreen] but Rafe is theorizing at this point. Rafe is certain instinctively that he is right but is sensible enough to know that Sami is in a fragile state and he wouldn't want to give her any false hope...

I love though he is captive the way he smiles every time he says Sami's baby is still alive....I think that information is going to be a vital key later when everything begins to unravel. Carly will be looking after him for now to keep him away from Sami because he's going to spill the beans as soon as he reconnects with her. I think Dr Baker will come back to re-inforce the truth too - or throw in another twist if he did a reverse switcheroo because she feared the Dimera's? - that finger was twitching for a reason.
Galen is knockin' it outta the park with this Rafe character. What makes it sweeter is he has to do even better than most just b/c some aren't willing to give him the praise he deserves and already had their minds made up on it before he ever even got to Salem....LOL Galen's character is an asset to Days and it sales. I know I'd buy! :$ Let's just face it we know it , the writers know it and hell even SOD knows it.
I totally agree. The reason he is not telling Sami is b/c he doesn't have any concrete proof about Sydney being Sami's. He was going to get that proof when he got konked on the head by Meredith. If you remember when Rafe and Sami were on the plane coming back from the DR, Sami asked him point blank if he had any real EVIDENCE about Grace and Dr. Baker. She wants evidence and he didn't have it-- just theories, so he doesn't want to get Sami's hopes up and upset her even more. That is the humane thing to do.
I love the smile he gives everytime he thinks of Sydney being Sami's. That lets me know that he will tell Sami the truth and not try to hide it from her like many want us to think.

And I am with you--- some are not willing to give Galen the praise he deserves b/c even before he came on the canvass on DAYS, he was frowned upon b/c he was going to be Ali's new love interest, pushing EJ to the background. Galen has been a great addition to the show. He plays his part well and the producers, writers, and fans know it. SOD isn't they only magazine who recognizes his talents as Rafe. TV GUIDE had a similiar article a couple of months ago. Are we supposed to believe that TPTB at DAYS are buying these magazines off to publish positive things??? PULEEEZ!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 3 2009, 01:37 PM
SocRMum1
daysknowitall
Manda1

Galen is knockin' it outta the park with this Rafe character. What makes it sweeter is he has to do even better than most just b/c some aren't willing to give him the praise he deserves and already had their minds made up on it before he ever even got to Salem....LOL Galen's character is an asset to Days and it sales. I know I'd buy! :$ Let's just face it we know it , the writers know itAnd and hell even SOD knows it.

I don't think the character is great. I don't think GG is great or even good. But I also don't think he should have told Sami. He is secretive, and that's a problem with him and SAFE. But as far as this goes, you can't tell a woman who has just lost a baby that you think just maybe her baby was switched and is still alive, but you're not sure, you'll get back to her on that one. I don't know what people and SOD see in GG or Rafe, but I guess since I don't like any characters any more, I'm not a good judge.

I disagree that he should have gone around poking in to details of the life of a woman he had broken up with. Had he gone to Sami and simply said he had some concerns about the way things happened with Grace and he'd like to look into them further that would have been one thing. But he didn't. As per usual with him, he was secretive and closed off

Rafe knew from the time that Grace died that something wasn't right with Nicole and her grief and he was suspicious all along. He was looking into this long before he and Sami broke up.

I think I believe that EJ was just as secretive and closed off as Rafe. Didn't EJ forget to tell Sami for 7 months after he came to Salem who he REALLY was, what his real last name was, and why he was there? Doesn't he have people followed and tape- recorded secretively to find out information about them? It seems to me that when EJ does this, it is excusable; when Rafe does it, it is sneaky.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

magicsteacher
Oct 3 2009, 01:50 PM
daysknowitall
Manda1

Galen is knockin' it outta the park with this Rafe character. What makes it sweeter is he has to do even better than most just b/c some aren't willing to give him the praise he deserves and already had their minds made up on it before he ever even got to Salem....LOL Galen's character is an asset to Days and it sales. I know I'd buy! :$ Let's just face it we know it , the writers know it and hell even SOD knows it.
I totally agree. The reason he is not telling Sami is b/c he doesn't have any concrete proof about Sydney being Sami's. He was going to get that proof when he got konked on the head by Meredith. If you remember when Rafe and Sami were on the plane coming back from the DR, Sami asked him point blank if he had any real EVIDENCE about Grace and Dr. Baker. She wants evidence and he didn't have it-- just theories, so he doesn't want to get Sami's hopes up and upset her even more. That is the humane thing to do.
I love the smile he gives everytime he thinks of Sydney being Sami's. That lets me know that he will tell Sami the truth and not try to hide it from her like many want us to think.

And I am with you--- some are not willing to give Galen the praise he deserves b/c even before he came on the canvass on DAYS, he was frowned upon b/c he was going to be Ali's new love interest, pushing EJ to the background. Galen has been a great addition to the show. He plays his part well and the producers, writers, and fans know it. SOD isn't they only magazine who recognizes his talents as Rafe. TV GUIDE had a similiar article a couple of months ago. Are we supposed to believe that TPTB at DAYS are buying these magazines off to publish positive things??? PULEEEZ!!!!
Of course TPTB are paying the magazines to publish positive things!!! It's called publicity. And the more a show stinks, the more publicity they will try to give it! They are trying to save the show, and as it stands right now, it's sinking. Tomlin and Corday messed up. Their Passions dream did't pay off, it backfired on them.
Edited by daisy132, Oct 3 2009, 02:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

I liked Rafe when they brought him on the screen...

He's got

brains, brawn, a no nonsense attitude, definite undenialable hotness, kindness, a loving heart, & he doesn't stand for any of Sami's crap; but he also can't stay mad at her. I once heard a commentor on this forum write, the reason he seems boring is because he's such the good guy. The bad boys get more interesting material. I agree. Two thumbs for Galen Gering's portrayal of Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

kitkat
Oct 3 2009, 06:23 PM

He's got

brains, brawn, a no nonsense attitude, definite undenialable hotness, kindness, a loving heart, & he doesn't stand for any of Sami's crap; but he also can't stay mad at her. I once heard a commentor on this forum write, the reason he seems boring is because he's such the good guy. The bad boys get more interesting material. I agree. Two thumbs for Galen Gering's portrayal of Rafe.
I like good guys. I disagree about Galen's portrayal of Rafe though. I just find it dull. And I like Galen's looks too.

As far as heart, EJ's got a good heart too, and Sami knows that. His upbringing is very bad though. He was programmed to be a "Dimera soldier" and is being groomed to be Stephano's successor. And he saw right through Sami too, and didn't stand for her crap either and loved her regardless. Big difference from Rafe. And af for Rafe's qualities, if truth be told, we don't know them yet. Much of his protection of Sami was during his job placement. After that, he tried to steal what he thought was EJ's daughter from her father and left whenever Sami stood up to him. And after that, he manhandled Nicole and the nurse and held a lawyer at gunpoint for information. A hero indeed....
Edited by daisy132, Oct 3 2009, 06:41 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manda1

daisy132
Oct 3 2009, 06:39 PM
kitkat

He's got

I like good guys. I disagree about Galen's portrayal of Rafe though. I just find it dull. And I like Galen's looks too.

As far as heart, EJ's got a good heart too, and Sami knows that. His upbringing is very bad though. He was programmed to be a "Dimera soldier" and is being groomed to be Stephano's successor. And he saw right through Sami too, and didn't stand for her crap either and loved her regardless. Big difference from Rafe. And af for Rafe's qualities, if truth be told, we don't know them yet. Much of his protection of Sami was during his job placement. After that, he tried to steal what he thought was EJ's daughter from her father and left whenever Sami stood up to him. And after that, he manhandled Nicole and the nurse and held a lawyer at gunpoint for information. A hero indeed....
The manhandling award goes to...drumroll please...Mr EJ Dimera! He has been grabbing Nicole, hands around her throat, shouting at the top of his lungs everything this week! And there will be more next week :shame:

EJ put his hands around Sami's throat when she was pregnant in hospital too. :shame:

EJ held a gun on Sami! :shame:

EJ manhandles the women he 'loves' big difference! :shame:

Thumbs up to Rafe Hernandez! We have not seen him put his hands on Sami the woman he loves with any gesture that is not gentle :wub: Can wait for the Safe reunion. Ali tweeted earlier this week that they were running lines together and they had a lot of words and she was taping two eppys - I have high hopes :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

Manda1
Oct 3 2009, 07:27 PM
daisy132
kitkat

He's got

The manhandling award goes to...drumroll please...Mr EJ Dimera! He has been grabbing Nicole, hands around her throat, shouting at the top of his lungs everything this week! And there will be more next week :shame:

EJ put his hands around Sami's throat when she was pregnant in hospital too. :shame:

Thumbs up to Rafe Hernandez! We have not seen him put his hands on Sami the woman he loves with any gesture that is not gentle :wub: Can wait for the Safe reunion. Ali tweeted earlier this week that they were running lines together and they had a lot of words and she was taping two eppys - I have high hopes :lol:
Yup, your hopes will be met and the ratings will go lower.
Edited by daisy132, Oct 3 2009, 07:39 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

daisy132
Oct 3 2009, 02:00 PM
magicsteacher
daysknowitall
Manda1

Of course TPTB are paying the magazines to publish positive things!!! It's called publicity. And the more a show stinks, the more publicity they will try to give it! They are trying to save the show, and as it stands right now, it's sinking. Tomlin and Corday messed up. Their Passions dream did't pay off, it backfired on them.
Then I guess those same people must have paid those same magazines to publish positive things about JS when he came to the show,too, right?
Offline Profile Goto Top

mirabella

Manda1
daisy132
kitkat

He's got

I agree. It is laughable to even say that anything Rafe has done could compare in any way in evilness to what EJ has done. Rafe is the hero, no if, ands, or buts about it!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

mirabella
Oct 3 2009, 08:59 PM
Manda1
daisy132
kitkat

He's got

I agree. It is laughable to even say that anything Rafe has done could compare in any way in evilness to what EJ has done. Rafe is the hero, no if, ands, or buts about it!!
In her words, Sami "understands EJ". As for Rafe, it's only the hots for Galen talking, because we still know nothing about his character, and there is nothing much more that is captivating about him.
Edited by daisy132, Oct 3 2009, 09:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

daisy132
Oct 3 2009, 07:38 PM
Manda1
daisy132
kitkat

He's got

Here's a fact that has continued to amuse me throughout the whole debated issue of Rafe deciding to be Grace's father. It wasn't his original thought, it was request she made to him in the safe house.

When she first found out she was pregnant she wanted Lucas to say the baby was his, she was willing to give EJ's baby to Lucas; but, Lucas said no! Then the mayor was killed, Sami went into witness protection, and she met Rafe. It was around December I think when she told Rafe she wanted to say the baby was his. His first answer was no! that EJ would figure it out. Eventually, EJ would start counting those months, she even suggested saying that Rafe & her had met months before, he again said no!

But then after the baby was born, she went home, and he continued to visit Grace at the convent. He discovered he loved her and her mother. The reason he wanted to leave Salem was said best by Rafe, "we don't work together, I want to be a bigger part of your life than you want me too." And what did she say, "that's not true!" It also hurt him when she said what she decided concerning Grace was none of his business (or was it none of his concern, can't remember the wording). No matter, it was, Rafe was Grace's godfather. And as a godfather, it was his job to protect Grace, and that is what he was trying to do.

When he asked to become Grace's father, it was just a belated... yes! And it doesn't matter what we know about his past, the above attributes still ring true... What do we truley know about EJ before he came to Salem? Still I say, thumbs up, Rafe!
Edited by kitkat, Oct 3 2009, 09:32 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Rhi
Oct 3 2009, 01:35 PM
SocRMum1

ITA!

I feel like I'm watching Luis undercover in Salem.

Word..SOD can suck it..they can pimp GG all they want..I laughed outloud at scenes Friday,,he is such a fuckin joke.My dog can act better.ANd he got all the goods,cause his buddie GT made sure it happened.HE's lame..and so is SNORE
Offline Profile Goto Top

mirabella

kitkat
Oct 3 2009, 09:18 PM
daisy132
Oct 3 2009, 07:38 PM
Manda1
daisy132

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Here's a fact that has continued to amuse me throughout the whole debated issue of Rafe deciding to be Grace's father. It wasn't his original thought, it was request she made to him in the safe house.

When she first found out she was pregnant she wanted Lucas to say the baby was his, she was willing to give EJ's baby to Lucas; but, Lucas said no! Then the mayor was killed, Sami went into witness protection, and she met Rafe. It was around December I think when she told Rafe she wanted to say the baby was his. His first answer was no! that EJ would figure it out. Eventually, EJ would start counting those months, she even suggested saying that Rafe & her had met months before, he again said no!

But then after the baby was born, she went home, and he continued to visit Grace at the convent. He discovered he loved her and her mother. The reason he wanted to leave Salem was said best by Rafe, "we don't work together, I want to be a bigger part of your life than you want me too." And what did she say, "that's not true!" It also hurt him when she said what she decided concerning Grace was none of his business (or was it none of his concern, can't remember the wording). No matter, it was, Rafe was Grace's godfather. And as a godfather, it was his job to protect Grace, and that is what he was trying to do.

When he asked to become Grace's father, it was just a belated... yes! And it doesn't matter what we know about his past, the above attributes still ring true... What do we truley know about EJ before he came to Salem? Still I say, thumbs up, Rafe!
Yes, that is all true. I remember all of it.

I agree. A big thumbs up for Rafe. Love that SOD gave him one!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Oct 3 2009, 01:37 PM
SocRMum1
daysknowitall
Manda1

But that's just it. Rafe had no suspicion that Sami's baby was still alive and had been switched at birth until almost the moment he figured it all out. His investigation was focused on trying to prove that Nicole had done something to Grace when she was born that resulted in her dying of the illness later on - and he continued working on that suspicion despite being told by the nurse that worked at the clinic that it wasn't possible. And it's not as if Sami hadn't expressed similar concerns about proving that something happened to Grace that could have been prevented - in fact they were both investigating separately from one another when they ran into each other and stumbled over poor old dead Doc Baker. So it's not as though Sami was some fragile flower that could not have tolerated the very idea that something could have been amiss - she already thought that might be the case. But instead of including her and working together as partners, he went right ahead and bumbled and fumbled until he basically tripped over the truth...and what a fat lot of good all that sleuthing is doing Sami right now. :shame:

Heroes solve problems. Rafe just seems to be one. :blink:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher

I am a EJ fan, James Scott fan and EJami fan - no ifs, ands or buts about it. But you are just not paying attention to many of the others posters on this site and others if you think GG is not liked because his character is supposedly competition for EJ.

He is a sub par actor. The man cannot convincingly display any type of emotion. Every line - whether it is comedy, romantic, angsty or angry - is delivered in the identical, monotone voice and his facial expressions range from looking bored to...well...that's pretty much it.

I'd have to go back and read this particular article - but I don't recall it giving props to the actor but to the character. So it's a stretch to say that even SOD is saying the 'recognize his talents'.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manda1

We know there are non-ejami fans that don't like GG. So what? Nadia B, Shawn C all have haters too because of Danloe etc. The show has a big cast and I don't enjoy all the characters all the time.

I know for a fact that Rafe is hated by many ejami's because Rafe is loved by Sami! They know as long as he is on the show and Sami is talking about how much she loves him and misses him every eppy ejami is doomed!

There was anti Rafe post before we knew who was going to play the love interest they were writing for Sami. 'It's unnecessay, she should be with one of the fathers of her children' were the outcries then. The when Rafe came he was a pedophile [that's why he wanted to adopt Grace], Arianna wasn't really his sister she was his lover, he was Roman's son, he was going to have an affair with Hope, he was creepy and a mass murderer - i mean the junk that was posted by desperate 'viewers' despearately hoping against hope that this new love interest for Sami was going to be her worst nightmare! O she doesn't need another one of those...Sami did nothing but bad mouth EJ to Rafe throughought all the safehouse scenes.

In contrast she hasn't said anything nasty about Rafe since their break up -- because it is obviously temporary and they will be back with wedding bells on in no time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EJ may decide he wants Sami back when Nicole [AZ] character goes on mat leave but it will be just that EJ wants it - Sami will be wanting a full speed ahead with Rafe. IMO :makeout:

Great thumbs up for Rafe who is being portrayed by Galen Gering. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic