Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD gives Rafe the thumbs up!
Topic Started: Oct 2 2009, 07:53 PM (3,309 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Manda1
Oct 4 2009, 12:30 AM
We know there are non-ejami fans that don't like GG. So what? Nadia B, Shawn C all have haters too because of Danloe etc. The show has a big cast and I don't enjoy all the characters all the time.

I know for a fact that Rafe is hated by many ejami's because Rafe is loved by Sami! They know as long as he is on the show and Sami is talking about how much she loves him and misses him every eppy ejami is doomed!

There was anti Rafe post before we knew who was going to play the love interest they were writing for Sami. 'It's unnecessay, she should be with one of the fathers of her children' were the outcries then. The when Rafe came he was a pedophile [that's why he wanted to adopt Grace], Arianna wasn't really his sister she was his lover, he was Roman's son, he was going to have an affair with Hope, he was creepy and a mass murderer - i mean the junk that was posted by desperate 'viewers' despearately hoping against hope that this new love interest for Sami was going to be her worst nightmare! O she doesn't need another one of those...Sami did nothing but bad mouth EJ to Rafe throughought all the safehouse scenes.

In contrast she hasn't said anything nasty about Rafe since their break up -- because it is obviously temporary and they will be back with wedding bells on in no time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EJ may decide he wants Sami back when Nicole [AZ] character goes on mat leave but it will be just that EJ wants it - Sami will be wanting a full speed ahead with Rafe. IMO :makeout:

Great thumbs up for Rafe who is being portrayed by Galen Gering. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I'm surprised the Safe and GG fans seem to have such concerns about what the EJami fans think/say/comment about Rafe. Why worry about it? Believe me...as a EJami fan I can promise you that what you guys see and hear will likely never reach the levels of the things that have been said about EJ over the years. My comment, though, was simply pointing out that it's not just EJami fans that have expressed dislike for the character or the actor.

As for what will happen over the next few months - neither one of us are writing the show so all we can do is speculate. But I believe there is a very specific reason why both Sami and EJ will find themselves without a partner as we build toward the reveal. From my perspective, it's basic Soap 101. Just as we're going to finally see them reunited with the daughter they both will now think is lost to them, and shocked at the news that it is their shared baby. I am anticipating a rebuild of their relationship prior to the truth coming out and Rafe coming back on scene...and then I suspect we'll see the EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle that Dena spoke of a year ago. I happen to believe that it is then that we'll understand the real reason Rafe was brought on as a love interest for Sami...so that Sami can finally choose EJ over 'the other guy'. If EJami had stayed together immediately after Lucas came home from jail there would have been the stigma that Sami 'settled' for EJ - that he wore her down, that Lucas pushed her away, etc. I think the outcome after what will likely be another painfully drawn out triangle will have Sami...finally...choosing EJ as the love she wants to spend her life with.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

kitkat
Oct 3 2009, 09:18 PM
daisy132
Oct 3 2009, 07:38 PM
Manda1
Oct 3 2009, 07:27 PM
daisy132
Oct 3 2009, 06:39 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
The manhandling award goes to...drumroll please...Mr EJ Dimera! He has been grabbing Nicole, hands around her throat, shouting at the top of his lungs everything this week! And there will be more next week :shame:

EJ put his hands around Sami's throat when she was pregnant in hospital too. :shame:

EJ held a gun on Sami! :shame:

EJ manhandles the women he 'loves' big difference! :shame:

Thumbs up to Rafe Hernandez! We have not seen him put his hands on Sami the woman he loves with any gesture that is not gentle :wub: Can wait for the Safe reunion. Ali tweeted earlier this week that they were running lines together and they had a lot of words and she was taping two eppys - I have high hopes :lol:
Yup, your hopes will be met and the ratings will go lower.
Here's a fact that has continued to amuse me throughout the whole debated issue of Rafe deciding to be Grace's father. It wasn't his original thought, it was request she made to him in the safe house.

When she first found out she was pregnant she wanted Lucas to say the baby was his, she was willing to give EJ's baby to Lucas; but, Lucas said no! Then the mayor was killed, Sami went into witness protection, and she met Rafe. It was around December I think when she told Rafe she wanted to say the baby was his. His first answer was no! that EJ would figure it out. Eventually, EJ would start counting those months, she even suggested saying that Rafe & her had met months before, he again said no!

But then after the baby was born, she went home, and he continued to visit Grace at the convent. He discovered he loved her and her mother. The reason he wanted to leave Salem was said best by Rafe, "we don't work together, I want to be a bigger part of your life than you want me too." And what did she say, "that's not true!" It also hurt him when she said what she decided concerning Grace was none of his business (or was it none of his concern, can't remember the wording). No matter, it was, Rafe was Grace's godfather. And as a godfather, it was his job to protect Grace, and that is what he was trying to do.

When he asked to become Grace's father, it was just a belated... yes! And it doesn't matter what we know about his past, the above attributes still ring true... What do we truley know about EJ before he came to Salem? Still I say, thumbs up, Rafe!
I agree and great post!!!
I get sick of hearing that we don't know anything about Rafe's past. EJ has been on the show for what-- 3 1/2 years now and what do we know about HIS past? Except for the fact that he came to Salem and SAID his name was EJ Wells, the British race car driver, we knew nothing. About 7 months later, we learned his name was really EJ Dimera and he was sent here to impregnate a Brady woman for revenge, and suddenly he was a lawyer.
That's it--- after over 3 years, we know nothing more. Did he have a girlfriend? Was he engaged? Married? Did he have any children? Did he commit any crimes before he came? So, after all this time, we really no NOTHING about EJ's past, yet Rafe is condemned for not telling about his past????
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manda1

SocRMum1
Oct 4 2009, 12:51 AM
Manda1
We know there are non-ejami fans that don't like GG. So what? Nadia B, Shawn C all have haters too because of Danloe etc. The show has a big cast and I don't enjoy all the characters all the time.

I know for a fact that Rafe is hated by many ejami's because Rafe is loved by Sami! They know as long as he is on the show and Sami is talking about how much she loves him and misses him every eppy ejami is doomed!

There was anti Rafe post before we knew who was going to play the love interest they were writing for Sami. 'It's unnecessay, she should be with one of the fathers of her children' were the outcries then. The when Rafe came he was a pedophile [that's why he wanted to adopt Grace], Arianna wasn't really his sister she was his lover, he was Roman's son, he was going to have an affair with Hope, he was creepy and a mass murderer - i mean the junk that was posted by desperate 'viewers' despearately hoping against hope that this new love interest for Sami was going to be her worst nightmare! O she doesn't need another one of those...Sami did nothing but bad mouth EJ to Rafe throughought all the safehouse scenes.

In contrast she hasn't said anything nasty about Rafe since their break up -- because it is obviously temporary and they will be back with wedding bells on in no time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EJ may decide he wants Sami back when Nicole [AZ] character goes on mat leave but it will be just that EJ wants it - Sami will be wanting a full speed ahead with Rafe. IMO :makeout:

Great thumbs up for Rafe who is being portrayed by Galen Gering. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I'm surprised the Safe and GG fans seem to have such concerns about what the EJami fans think/say/comment about Rafe. Why worry about it? Believe me...as a EJami fan I can promise you that what you guys see and hear will likely never reach the levels of the things that have been said about EJ over the years. My comment, though, was simply pointing out that it's not just EJami fans that have expressed dislike for the character or the actor.

As for what will happen over the next few months - neither one of us are writing the show so all we can do is speculate. But I believe there is a very specific reason why both Sami and EJ will find themselves without a partner as we build toward the reveal. From my perspective, it's basic Soap 101. Just as we're going to finally see them reunited with the daughter they both will now think is lost to them, and shocked at the news that it is their shared baby. I am anticipating a rebuild of their relationship prior to the truth coming out and Rafe coming back on scene...and then I suspect we'll see the EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle that Dena spoke of a year ago. I happen to believe that it is then that we'll understand the real reason Rafe was brought on as a love interest for Sami...so that Sami can finally choose EJ over 'the other guy'. If EJami had stayed together immediately after Lucas came home from jail there would have been the stigma that Sami 'settled' for EJ - that he wore her down, that Lucas pushed her away, etc. I think the outcome after what will likely be another painfully drawn out triangle will have Sami...finally...choosing EJ as the love she wants to spend her life with.
Well thank you for telling me how everything will pan out using your basic soap 101 expertise :lol: . Sami will sacrifice her relationship with Brady, Roman, Bo, Hope, Grandma Caroline, Stephanie, Philip, Lucas [I won't even bother to list Rafe] just to name a few to go back into a relationship with EJ....umm...so will Will and Allie be living with her and EJ too? And she'll be back to having Kate as a Mother-in-Law and Stephano as a Father-in-Law, yay just one big happy family! Yup thank you for showing me how this storyline is going to play out in the future silly me for not realising the inevitability of this scenario.

I think that EJ may be revisiting something in his past....and I think it may be Kate as they seem to be going down memory lane JMO :tounge:

They would have to write Sami as being blackmailed into it or having a mental breakdown to go back 'willingly' into a relationship with EJ. Will it be a big white wedding instead of a black one this time? :lol: Will it last as long as the Ejole wedding? Will there be any guests? Who will try to kill EJ this time?

There is more chance of Sami returning to Lucas than EJ if she doesn't stay with Rafe, EJ is a looooooooooooong shot IMO. If Sami was less that perfect in this revived relationship with EJ - whose bed OR elevator would EJ jump into this time? Anyone who paid him any attention based on his past performance. As I said mentally ill......would be how they have to write Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

Manda1
Oct 4 2009, 10:17 AM
SocRMum1
Manda1

Well thank you for telling me how everything will pan out using your basic soap 101 expertise :lol: . Sami will sacrifice her relationship with Brady, Roman, Bo, Hope, Grandma Caroline, Stephanie, Philip, Lucas [I won't even bother to list Rafe] just to name a few to go back into a relationship with EJ....umm...so will Will and Allie be living with her and EJ too? And she'll be back to having Kate as a Mother-in-Law and Stephano as a Father-in-Law, yay just one big happy family! Yup thank you for showing me how this storyline is going to play out in the future silly me for not realising the inevitability of this scenario.

I think that EJ may be revisiting something in his past....and I think it may be Kate as they seem to be going down memory lane JMO :tounge:

They would have to write Sami as being blackmailed into it or having a mental breakdown to go back 'willingly' into a relationship with EJ. Will it be a big white wedding instead of a black one this time? :lol: Will it last as long as the Ejole wedding? Will there be any guests? Who will try to kill EJ this time?

There is more chance of Sami returning to Lucas than EJ if she doesn't stay with Rafe, EJ is a looooooooooooong shot IMO. If Sami was less that perfect in this revived relationship with EJ - whose bed OR elevator would EJ jump into this time? Anyone who paid him any attention based on his past performance. As I said mentally ill......would be how they have to write Sami.
For the record, she would not have to sacrifice her relationship with anyone. After she married EJ, all the Bradys supported her being with EJ if that's what she wanted, including her mother and father, right up to the time she left for the witness protection program.

As for EJ jumping in an elevator with someone, he was rejected by Sami once too many times. And coincidently, Lucas was with someone in an elevator too. And both of her men married the respective women. Oh, and both relationships are ending at the same time. How coincidental!

I'm sure that your love for the show will keep you watching regardless. If Safe doesn't last for you, I'm sure you will be just happy that Days is still on.
Edited by daisy132, Oct 4 2009, 10:34 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

daisy132
Oct 4 2009, 10:33 AM
Manda1
SocRMum1
Manda1

For the record, she would not have to sacrifice her relationship with anyone. After she married EJ, all the Bradys supported her being with EJ if that's what she wanted, including her mother and father, right up to the time she left for the witness protection program.

As for EJ jumping in an elevator with someone, he was rejected by Sami once too many times. And coincidently, Lucas was with someone in an elevator too. And both of her men married the respective women. Oh, and both relationships are ending at the same time. How coincidental!

I'm sure that your love for the show will keep you watching regardless. If Safe doesn't last for you, I'm sure you will be just happy that Days is still on.
OK-- the Bradys supported Sami in her marriage to EJ b/c she was doing it to save more members of the Brady family from being killed by the Dimeras. That is the ONLY reason she agreed to this marriage-- as she was blackmailed into it. Either marry EJ or more member of the Brady family will be killed. She didn't marry him b/c she was in love with him.

The writers have changed Sami's character over the past couple of years-- even before Rafe appeared on the scene. In order for her, IMO, to go back to EJ willingly, they will either have to do a total 180 on her character or change EJ into a good guy, which isn't going to happen. Yes, she will be totally angry with Nicole over what she has done, and she should be, but I doubt we will see the old Sami who would plot to get revenge, etc. I think EJ will go over the edge over what has happened and he will seek revenge on everyone who has hurt and betrayed him and that includes Sami. I see another blackmail, kidnapping s/l in the future. Sami doesn' t love EJ; she loves Rafe, but if she thought she could save Rafe's life by being with EJ, I think she may do that--- classic Soap. As far as going to him willingly, I doubt it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mirabella

magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 10:47 AM
daisy132
Oct 4 2009, 10:33 AM
Manda1
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepRafe is loved by Sami! They know as long as he is on the show and Sami is talking about how much she loves him and misses him every eppy ejami is doomed!

In contrast she hasn't said anything nasty about Rafe since their break up -- because it is obviously temporary and they will be back with wedding bells on in no time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EJ may decide he wants Sami back when Nicole [AZ] character goes on mat leave but it will be just that EJ

OK-- the Bradys supported Sami in her marriage to EJ b/c she was doing it to save more members of the Brady family from being killed by the Dimeras. That is the ONLY reason she agreed to this marriage-- as she was blackmailed into it. Either marry EJ or more member of the Brady family will be killed. She didn't marry him b/c she was in love with him.

The writers have changed Sami's character over the past couple of years-- even before Rafe appeared on the scene. In order for her, IMO, to go back to EJ willingly, they will either have to do a total 180 on her character or change EJ into a good guy, which isn't going to happen. Yes, she will be totally angry with Nicole over what she has done, and she should be, but I doubt we will see the old Sami who would plot to get revenge, etc. I think EJ will go over the edge over what has happened and he will seek revenge on everyone who has hurt and betrayed him and that includes Sami. I see another blackmail, kidnapping s/l in the future. Sami doesn' t love EJ; she loves Rafe, but if she thought she could save Rafe's life by being with EJ, I think she may do that--- classic Soap. As far as going to him willingly, I doubt it.
Wonderful post! I agree that the changes in Sami began a couple of years ago, before Rafe came on the scene, and continues today. Sami has changed for the better and is so much more mature. I love her with Rafe and can't imagine her going back to her old selfish ways except to protect those she loves.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Livie

daisy132
kitkat
Oct 3 2009, 06:23 PM
I liked Rafe when they brought him on the screen...

He's got

brains, brawn, a no nonsense attitude, definite undenialable hotness, kindness, a loving heart, & he doesn't stand for any of Sami's crap; but he also can't stay mad at her. I once heard a commentor on this forum write, the reason he seems boring is because he's such the good guy. The bad boys get more interesting material. I agree. Two thumbs for Galen Gering's portrayal of Rafe.
I like good guys. I disagree about Galen's portrayal of Rafe though. I just find it dull. And I like Galen's looks too.

As far as heart, EJ's got a good heart too, and Sami knows that. His upbringing is very bad though. He was programmed to be a "Dimera soldier" and is being groomed to be Stephano's successor. And he saw right through Sami too, and didn't stand for her crap either and loved her regardless. Big difference from Rafe. And af for Rafe's qualities, if truth be told, we don't know them yet. Much of his protection of Sami was during his job placement. After that, he tried to steal what he thought was EJ's daughter from her father and left whenever Sami stood up to him. And after that, he manhandled Nicole and the nurse and held a lawyer at gunpoint for information. A hero indeed....
Oh Dear, Rafe manhandled a woman? Being a couple shipper is blinding some people here, to the point of needing a service dog to get around. EJ has manhandled Kate, Nicole, Melanie, Nicole once more, and if you count 12-29, he certainly manhandled Sami. He once threatened Nick with being garroted with a telephone cord as well. Why is everything EJ has done glossed over? OH, I forgot, because he is the one wanted with Sami. Sometimes you do not get what you want. I wanted Jason and Elizabeth.

I liked the character of EJ before they castrated him by pairing him with both Nicole and Stefano. Now as I said before, he qualifies as a piece of cheese. For him to figure anything out has taken Brady blurting out something on the phone.

As the story has progressed, I find Rafe less and less boring and more like a Colombo type detective. I also find the way he smiles when thinking of Sami engaging. Sometimes good guys do finish first.
Edited by Livie, Oct 4 2009, 12:54 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

well, i think my problem is rafe is that unlike ej, he is being portrayed as a hero, yet nothing he has done is very heroic. just one example-- i watched the man refuse medical aid to a dying baker because he was more concerned with rifling through the man's pockets for info on nicole than saving a life.
if rafe was supposed to be a dark or grey character, maybe, maybe i could get behind him. but he's being sold as sami's savior(a role uninteresting in and of itself, the last thing sami needs is yet another man swooping in to rescue her from her bad choices). we're forced to watch as rafe hides some uninteresting secret and goes apeshit when anyone questions him about it, but we're supposed to root him on as he digs into nicole, sami and ej's lives. no thanks.

Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Livie
Oct 4 2009, 12:52 PM
daisy132
kitkat

He's got

brains, brawn, a no nonsense attitude, definite undenialable hotness, kindness, a loving heart, & he doesn't stand for any of Sami's crap; but he also can't stay mad at her. I once heard a commentor on this forum write, the reason he seems boring is because he's such the good guy. The bad boys get more interesting material. I agree. Two thumbs for Galen Gering's portrayal of Rafe.
I like good guys. I disagree about Galen's portrayal of Rafe though. I just find it dull. And I like Galen's looks too.

As far as heart, EJ's got a good heart too, and Sami knows that. His upbringing is very bad though. He was programmed to be a "Dimera soldier" and is being groomed to be Stephano's successor. And he saw right through Sami too, and didn't stand for her crap either and loved her regardless. Big difference from Rafe. And af for Rafe's qualities, if truth be told, we don't know them yet. Much of his protection of Sami was during his job placement. After that, he tried to steal what he thought was EJ's daughter from her father and left whenever Sami stood up to him. And after that, he manhandled Nicole and the nurse and held a lawyer at gunpoint for information. A hero indeed....
Oh Dear, Rafe manhandled a woman? Being a couple shipper is blinding some people here, to the point of needing a service dog to get around. EJ has manhandled Kate, Nicole, Melanie, Nicole once more, and if you count 12-29, he certainly manhandled Sami. He once threatened Nick with being garroted with a telephone cord as well. Why is everything EJ has done glossed over? OH, I forgot, because he is the one wanted with Sami. Sometimes you do not get what you want. I wanted Jason and Elizabeth.

I liked the character of EJ before they castrated him by pairing him with both Nicole and Stefano. Now as I said before, he qualifies as a piece of cheese. For him to figure anything out has taken Brady blurting out something on the phone.

As the story has progressed, I find Rafe less and less boring and more like a Colombo type detective. I also find the way he smiles when thinking of Sami engaging. Sometimes good guys do finish first.
Amen to all you said. And besides the 12-29 incident with Sami and EJ, didn't he also pull her by the hair at one point???
And he does have the cute little smirk when he was thinking of Sami and Sydney being hers. He was so thrilled at the idea. Even when he was with Meredith, he said I have to get to Sami and let her know her baby is still alive. That 's why I know that he would never keep that info from Sami like others would like us to believe. She is first and formost in his life and he wouldn't do anything to hurt her. Now,if the tables were turned and it was EJ with that info, then I would say , yes, he would keep that info from her for revenge or to get what he wanted from her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Manda1
SocRMum1
Manda1

Oh my...I seem to have struck a nerve with you. :unsure: I remember once getting a warning here for making a comment very much like your first line in the post...but whatevs. I'm happy enough to just roll along with the conversation.

As I noted earlier, all any of us can do is speculate and the speculations are based on a mixture of things - want we want to see, what has happened in the past and what direction we sense the story is headed in.

Sami won't be sacrificing any relationships based on past history. Her family had accepted her relationship with EJ during their marriage and it had nothing to do with marrying him to end the vendetta. It went a very long way with the Bradys when EJ helped them find John and turned Stefano over to the authorities. When Lucas returned from jail and was rantinng and raving about EJ and calling Sami a lying, cheating whore for sleeping with the man that she was married to Marlena and Sami both defended EJ. EJ and Roman were on absolutely chummy terms - shaking hands, Roman putting a fatherly arm around EJ's shoulder when they were rescued from the stairwell. Caroline asked EJ to attend Grandpa Shawn's funeral and it was EJ that escorted her to her seat. As for Brady - who knows where his head will be when it all comes down but considering he was unwittingly helping the kidnapper of her baby all this time I don't think he's going to have much room to judge Sami. Will and EJ have already established a warm relationship and Lucas is currently in rehab so where Allie and Will live seems pretty obvious to me. As much as you might like to wish it weren't so - history indicates that the EJami reunion will be accepted. On top of that, if and when EJ discovers his father's duplicity in the truth about Sydney, I doubt very much Kate and Stefano will be a roadblock to how Sami feels about reuniting with EJ. A threat to their saftey and happiness, perhaps - but that's just part of the potential story.

And to say that EJ jumped in to an elevator with Nicole because Sami was 'less than perfect' is completely laughable. Sami had repeatedly rejected EJ at that point yet he still continued to fight for them. And it was months after the sexavator event before EJ was with Nicole again...hardly a man whore. And after the mess he's suffered for that momentary lapse of judgment in the elevator something tells me EJ would be very leery of reacting so emotionally again.

You are welcome to speculate anyway you like. I just happen to think that it will be proven that Rafe was brought on scene and into Sami's story as a tool to ultimately have EJami come together the right way - with both of them choosing each other over all others and fully committed to their love for one another and their children.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 01:24 PM
Livie
daisy132
kitkat

He's got

Amen to all you said. And besides the 12-29 incident with Sami and EJ, didn't he also pull her by the hair at one point???
And he does have the cute little smirk when he was thinking of Sami and Sydney being hers. He was so thrilled at the idea. Even when he was with Meredith, he said I have to get to Sami and let her know her baby is still alive. That 's why I know that he would never keep that info from Sami like others would like us to believe. She is first and formost in his life and he wouldn't do anything to hurt her. Now,if the tables were turned and it was EJ with that info, then I would say , yes, he would keep that info from her for revenge or to get what he wanted from her.
Rafe knows it and Sami doesn't. So how exactly does that make him heroic? He had opportunity all along to include her in his investigations...but I suppose real 'heroes' like to work alone. So here she is STILL having no idea that her baby is alive and well - and it doesn't look like she's going to find out anytime soon. The role of 'red herring' is currently being played by Rafe. Just sayin'. :whistle:
Offline Profile Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

I love the comments that were made saying that all the Brady's supported Sami marrying EJ. You know three people showed up with guns at Sami & EJ's farse of a marriage. Lucas (the one that actually hit someone), Kate, & Roman. Sounds like Roman didn't support it. Every member of the family tried to talk Sami out of it.

When Lucas came home that night to the only place he was legally allowed to go, he said he was leaving and taking his daughter with him, we know why he was angered- but still I'm just saying. And when Sami found out she was pregnant she tried to tell her mom & dad, they had heard Nicole was pregnant. Marlena said, 'I just glad it's not you pregnant with EJ's child.' But remember this was before Philip was shot & Stephanie was kidnapped.

Do you really think Lucas would let Allie stay with the man who tried to murder his own brother? Rafe, he's the generous soul, I don't think he could stand by and watch, but I also don't think he would ever turn his back on Sami.

Rafe's a loving man, no matter what-- that and brains too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

kitkat
Oct 4 2009, 01:55 PM
I love the comments that were made saying that all the Brady's supported Sami marrying EJ. You know three people showed up with guns at Sami & EJ's farse of a marriage. Lucas (the one that actually hit someone), Kate, & Roman. Sounds like Roman didn't support it. Every member of the family tried to talk Sami out of it.

When Lucas came home that night to the only place he was legally allowed to go, he said he was leaving and taking his daughter with him, we know why he was angered- but still I'm just saying. And when Sami found out she was pregnant she tried to tell her mom & dad, they had heard Nicole was pregnant. Marlena said, 'I just glad it's not you pregnant with EJ's child.' But remember this was before Philip was shot & Stephanie was kidnapped.

Do you really think Lucas would let Allie stay with the man who tried to murder his own brother? Rafe, he's the generous soul, I don't think he could stand by and watch, but I also don't think he would ever turn his back on Sami.

Rafe's a loving man, no matter what-- that and brains too.
I completely agree that the Brady's weren't supportive WHEN Sami married EJ. As I said, their opinions eased after EJ led them to John, turned in Stefano and then was so supportive and helpful to Sami during the time that Lucas was in jail.

Considering Lucas shot EJ in the back I don't think either one of them have much room to stand on when it comes to morale superiority. :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Okay, here's my take on things, not that anyone cares, but I'm giving it to you anyway. ;) Yes, I'm an EJAMI, I make NO apologies for it nor any excuses. I don't need any. It's a freaking television show and I'll like who I want to like, regardless of what ANYONE else thinks. I don't care if EJ, to many, is the worst guy on the planet, I'll take his character anyday of that of the boring Rafe.

That's what it all boils down to with me, I really don't care what EJ has done or hasn't done, he is a much more interesting character than Rafe. And to add to that, JS can act circles around GG. Even on a bad day. AND I do think that JS has had some "bad" acting days of late, I do think he has gone over the top in some of his "angry" scenes. But, GG is flat in ALL his scenes, he's monotone and comes off as he's just reading his lines. Sorry, I'm sure GG is a swell fellow, but his acting is lacking. I'm just calling it as I see it. I'm sure others feel differently, but that's the great thing about this message board, we can all have different opinions and it's okay to voice them. You know the old saying, "opinions are like............" you know what I'm saying! ;)

Maybe we just need to agree to disagree, some are going to like Rafe, while others of us are not. I will say, the ones who don't like Rafe aren't just EJAMI's.....it's pretty much people from all different fanbases and those from no particular fanbase and the sentiment is the same, we find him boring and the acting skills lacking.

On the other point that seems to be brought up constantly thru this thread, I don't think any of us truly know where this story is going. I think we all have our opinions of where we WANT it to go, but that doesn't necessarily equate to that being the way the storyline is going. IN MY OPINION not going with a Dimera and a Brady is foolish, but hey, these writers have done MANY things that I would constitue as foolish, so I'm not going to say that I KNOW it's going that way.

But, I will say, it doesn't really matter about the list of crimes you can name for ANY character on this soap, they all can be redeemed with the stroke of a pen. EJ, Nicole, Sami, Lucas, Kate, any of them, so we can list their crimes all day long and tptb can decide that they want to pair them with the saint of the show,say, Maggie and they will make it happen. That's what's so great about a tv show, nothing is in concrete, nothing is punishable, anybody can get away with what the writers want them to get away with. I like that, I don't want Kate to have to be written out to go to prison because she tried to poison Chloe, or Stefano to be written out for any one of his many crimes, or Sami, EJ, or Nicole for any of their many crimes. I choose to remember it's a soap and EVERYTHING is exagerated on a soap, EVERYTHING. I mean seriously, have you really paid attention to them?? It's ALL over the top, and that's what makes a soap a soap. At least the storylines right now are pretty interesting, so I'm happy about that. I'm just going to sit back and watch how it all plays out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 4 2009, 01:41 PM
magicsteacher
Livie
daisy132

Rafe knows it and Sami doesn't. So how exactly does that make him heroic? He had opportunity all along to include her in his investigations...but I suppose real 'heroes' like to work alone. So here she is STILL having no idea that her baby is alive and well - and it doesn't look like she's going to find out anytime soon. The role of 'red herring' is currently being played by Rafe. Just sayin'. :whistle:
Rafe did have the chance to tell Sami all along, but he didn't have any real proof-- only theories. How many times did he say that? How could he go to Sami and say, well, I think your baby may still be alive and that Nicole has your daughter, but i don't have any proof of it yet? First of all, with Sami thinking Nicole was her new BFF, I doubt she would have believed that about her, and secondly, if he were wrong, it would have devastated Sami more than she is already devastated over Grace's death. Besides, when they were on the plane coming home from the DR, Sami asked Rafe if he had any REAL EVIDENCE about Dr. Baker and Grace. He didn't at that point, so he decided to wait until he did, which is why he went to the townhouse to get the materials for the DNA tests.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 02:29 PM
SocRMum1
Oct 4 2009, 01:41 PM
magicsteacher
Livie

Rafe did have the chance to tell Sami all along, but he didn't have any real proof-- only theories. How many times did he say that? How could he go to Sami and say, well, I think your baby may still be alive and that Nicole has your daughter, but i don't have any proof of it yet? First of all, with Sami thinking Nicole was her new BFF, I doubt she would have believed that about her, and secondly, if he were wrong, it would have devastated Sami more than she is already devastated over Grace's death. Besides, when they were on the plane coming home from the DR, Sami asked Rafe if he had any REAL EVIDENCE about Dr. Baker and Grace. He didn't at that point, so he decided to wait until he did, which is why he went to the townhouse to get the materials for the DNA tests.
As I've said earlier in the thread -Rafe had no suspicion that Sami's baby was alive and had been switched. His investigation was based on thinking Nicole had done something to Grace when she was born that resulted in her dying months later. He knew Sami had suspicions that all was not as it seemed, either - but instead of treating her as the adult partner she should be he basically decided to go behind her back and investigate while keeping her in the dark - even after she asked him about it.

And given Sami's history with Nicole if she would have chosen to believe Nicole over Rafe I suppose it's not saying much about Safe being 'soul mates'. Or meant to be. Or pretty much anything else.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Screw SOD. Stefano is the one who figured it out first. He gets my thumbs up. B-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Oct 4 2009, 06:06 PM
Screw SOD. Stefano is the one who figured it out first. He gets my thumbs up. B-)
Stefano didn't figure out anything. He was suspicious of Nicole from the very beginning of EJ's relationship with her. He had her followed everywhere, even to the convent, and that is how he found out what he found out. And, we still don't know if Dr. Baker was in some way involved with Stefano. When someone is tracking another person's every move and monitoring phone calls, the proof is handed to you, you don't have to figure it out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 07:07 PM
mbdimera
Stefano didn't figure out anything. He was suspicious of Nicole from the very beginning of EJ's relationship with her. He had her followed everywhere, even to the convent, and that is how he found out what he found out. And, we still don't know if Dr. Baker was in some way involved with Stefano. When someone is tracking another person's every move and monitoring phone calls, the proof is handed to you, you don't have to figure it out.
How did Stefano not figure it out first? :huh: He knew enough not to trust Nicole so he used his resources to prove that she was a deceitful bitch except it worked to his favor. Or was it actually Tony who figured it out? Either way it wasn't Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

angmc
Oct 4 2009, 07:13 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 07:07 PM
mbdimera
How did Stefano not figure it out first? :huh: He knew enough not to trust Nicole so he used his resources to prove that she was a deceitful bitch except it worked to his favor. Or was it actually Tony who figured it out? Either way it wasn't Rafe.
What i meant was he, Stefano, did not take the initiative to put the pieces of anything together. He took what his goons told him and that's how he found out. He did the same thing with Dr. Baker and Rafe. Rafe went out on his own and looked into things and figured out what had happened without hiring people to do it for him. Rafe was willing to risk his life to do this for Sami while Stefano sat back in his mansion and paid everyone else to do his dirty work for him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic