Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD gives Rafe the thumbs up!
Topic Started: Oct 2 2009, 07:53 PM (3,467 Views)
angmc
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 07:24 PM
angmc
Oct 4 2009, 07:13 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 07:07 PM
mbdimera
Oct 4 2009, 06:06 PM
Screw SOD. Stefano is the one who figured it out first. He gets my thumbs up. B-)
Stefano didn't figure out anything. He was suspicious of Nicole from the very beginning of EJ's relationship with her. He had her followed everywhere, even to the convent, and that is how he found out what he found out. And, we still don't know if Dr. Baker was in some way involved with Stefano. When someone is tracking another person's every move and monitoring phone calls, the proof is handed to you, you don't have to figure it out.
How did Stefano not figure it out first? :huh: He knew enough not to trust Nicole so he used his resources to prove that she was a deceitful bitch except it worked to his favor. Or was it actually Tony who figured it out? Either way it wasn't Rafe.
What i meant was he, Stefano, did not take the initiative to put the pieces of anything together. He took what his goons told him and that's how he found out. He did the same thing with Dr. Baker and Rafe. Rafe went out on his own and looked into things and figured out what had happened without hiring people to do it for him. Rafe was willing to risk his life to do this for Sami while Stefano sat back in his mansion and paid everyone else to do his dirty work for him.
Ummm..regardless of how Stefano did it or why doesn't change the fact that he put the pieces together first and he did it before Grace died which was when Rafe started looking into. Plus 75 year old Stefano is supposed to put on his detective hat and try to figure this all out when he has skilled people to do it? And Rafe wasn't doing this all alone since he started to get his old friends at the FBI involved because even St.Rafe can't do DNA tests. :drunk:

Offline Profile Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

seriously. what exactly did rafe ever go find out? nothing. he called in about fifteen hundred favors to old friends at the FBI, and they did much of the work for him. the few times rafe actually physically went somewhere to track down clues, he broke every law in the book getting the info he wanted and thought was important. how that is any different from stefano hiring a goon to follow nicole is beyond me. i guess stefano just works smart, not hard.

anyhow, as you said, tony was the first person to be suspicious of nicole and put the pieces together. stefano followed shortly thereafter. rafe was third.

to get back on topic, whoever wrote this article obviously doesn't follow days of our lives much at all. rafe was introduced to us as a bodyguard that falls for a woman that's eight months pregnant, and spends most of their time together either putting his life in danger over a selfish whim, or whining and crying. not only does he fall in love with her, he quits the job he loves, and breaks about five thousand laws that he has sworn to uphold to help her lie about the paternity of her child, because she chose to sleep with a criminal.

so rafe has brains in spades? that statement is laughable at best. plus you have to consider that it wasn't rafe's smarts that led him to the truth about nicole--it was the fact that he followed her and spied in on her conversation with brady. any moron can do that. as we saw, when rafe's brains were all he had to go on, he spent much of his time convinced that nicole managed to infect grace with meningitis--a magical strain that incubates for months before it kills. so i take serious exception to the idea that rafe is at all intelligent.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 4 2009, 07:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manda1

magicsteacher
Oct 2 2009, 07:53 PM
SOD gives Rafe a thumbs up!

Soap Opera Digest, October 6th2009
Thumbs Up!

It Figures

For years, it seemed the men in Salem were blessed with looks, but not brains. Enter Rafe, who appears to have both in spades.

The former FBI agent knew there was a connection between Nicole and Grace ever since the baby died and Nicole seemed as devastated as Sami. In the past, a DAYS hero would have shrugged and looked the other way. But Rafe doggedly pursued what he hoped were leads--the fidgety nurse at the clinic, shady Dr. Baker, Nicole's random friendship with Sami and tete-a-tetes with Brady--and they ultimately led him to figuring out the whole insidious baby switch.

Sure, he may have been knocked out and trapped by Meredith before he could share the news with Sami (this is a soap, after all), but it's enough that he actually figured it all out. At last.
Let's try and get this thread back to topic. :laugh: 'Rafe has looks and brains in spades' and SOD knows it! I'm glad for the good guys - bad boys can be fun to watch but Rafe has made 'good' guys interesting too! Thank you SOD for saying what many of us already know! :applause: :applause: :applause:

I think that rafe will be connecting with Sami in to deliver some great news at a crucial time linked to the reveal of this I have no doubt! Meredith kidnapping him and then Carly nursing him has simply delayed the inevitable so that EJ, Sami, Chad, Will can catch up with some of the missing info - but I think Rafe will re-enter Sami's life in time to be the one to confirm if not reveal to Sami that her baby is Sydney! :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

Manda1
Oct 4 2009, 07:52 PM
magicsteacher

Thumbs Up!

It Figures

For years, it seemed the men in Salem were blessed with looks, but not brains. Enter Rafe, who appears to have both in spades.

The former FBI agent knew there was a connection between Nicole and Grace ever since the baby died and Nicole seemed as devastated as Sami. In the past, a DAYS hero would have shrugged and looked the other way. But Rafe doggedly pursued what he hoped were leads--the fidgety nurse at the clinic, shady Dr. Baker, Nicole's random friendship with Sami and tete-a-tetes with Brady--and they ultimately led him to figuring out the whole insidious baby switch.

Sure, he may have been knocked out and trapped by Meredith before he could share the news with Sami (this is a soap, after all), but it's enough that he actually figured it all out. At last.
Let's try and get this thread back to topic. :laugh: 'Rafe has looks and brains in spades' and SOD knows it! I'm glad for the good guys - bad boys can be fun to watch but Rafe has made 'good' guys interesting too! Thank you SOD for saying what many of us already know! :applause: :applause: :applause:

I think that rafe will be connecting with Sami in to deliver some great news at a crucial time linked to the reveal of this I have no doubt! Meredith kidnapping him and then Carly nursing him has simply delayed the inevitable so that EJ, Sami, Chad, Will can catch up with some of the missing info - but I think Rafe will re-enter Sami's life in time to be the one to confirm if not reveal to Sami that her baby is Sydney! :wub:
Even the looks and brains comment is debatable. :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manda1

angmc
Oct 4 2009, 07:56 PM
Manda1
magicsteacher

Thumbs Up!

It Figures

We all know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. All of the men on days are handsome IMO The female actors are all beautiful. Even the psychos such as Meredith, Dean, Wes Ramsey[can't remember the character's name], EJ sorry my pen slipped then :laugh: are not bad looking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

Manda1
Oct 4 2009, 08:10 PM
angmc
Manda1
magicsteacher

Thumbs Up!

It Figures

We all know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. All of the men on days are handsome IMO The female actors are all beautiful. Even the psychos such as Meredith, Dean, Wes Ramsey[can't remember the character's name], EJ sorry my pen slipped then :laugh: are not bad looking.
Sorry..Just being honest but he doesn't float my boat. :popcorn:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

luvpumpkns
Oct 4 2009, 07:48 PM
seriously. what exactly did rafe ever go find out? nothing. he called in about fifteen hundred favors to old friends at the FBI, and they did much of the work for him. the few times rafe actually physically went somewhere to track down clues, he broke every law in the book getting the info he wanted and thought was important. how that is any different from stefano hiring a goon to follow nicole is beyond me. i guess stefano just works smart, not hard.

anyhow, as you said, tony was the first person to be suspicious of nicole and put the pieces together. stefano followed shortly thereafter. rafe was third.

to get back on topic, whoever wrote this article obviously doesn't follow days of our lives much at all. rafe was introduced to us as a bodyguard that falls for a woman that's eight months pregnant, and spends most of their time together either putting his life in danger over a selfish whim, or whining and crying. not only does he fall in love with her, he quits the job he loves, and breaks about five thousand laws that he has sworn to uphold to help her lie about the paternity of her child, because she chose to sleep with a criminal.

so rafe has brains in spades? that statement is laughable at best. plus you have to consider that it wasn't rafe's smarts that led him to the truth about nicole--it was the fact that he followed her and spied in on her conversation with brady. any moron can do that. as we saw, when rafe's brains were all he had to go on, he spent much of his time convinced that nicole managed to infect grace with meningitis--a magical strain that incubates for months before it kills. so i take serious exception to the idea that rafe is at all intelligent.
:iagree: Great post! :thumbsup:
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Manda1
magicsteacher

Thumbs Up!

It Figures

I think you are exactly right! That is one of the reasons why they are dragging out his return so long. Certain things have to fall into place before they can do the reveal. Those things have to come out first before Rafe can tell Sami the truth about her daughter, and from what I have read, he will be the one to tell her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

JANALH
Oct 3 2009, 01:49 AM
Maybe tptb have supposedly written the character to figure things out, but the character is so stinking boring that I really don't care that he's figured it all out..........it pains me to watch him and listen to him in his monotone voice as he figures everything out. It's like watching paint dry.
I can sympathise with your boredom even though I dont share it where "Rafe" is concerned, He is interesting and I lov him and Sami together, but I do think he needs to be worked with other cast members more..
I was bored to tears with the entire Santo/Colleen story.. Yawned through every rediculous scene that EJ and Sami shared because it was just too rediculous.. The Sami I grew up knowing would never forgive him, or care for him in any way.. That the writers even *Hinted* at it was beyond belief.. Also EJ became this strange Man I didnt even know considering his History, so Both characters were the exact opposites of who they were known for. He was some sweater wearing preppy that lacked any backbone or hint of a personality other then Sami's lapdog. Im just glad they finally moved away from that direction,I appreciate EJ the Villian, thats what he is and does best. And no bad guy on Days is 100% bad they each have a soft spot, even Stephano and Victor, but they are what they are and thats how I like it. .. Yup .. Although we find different things boring.. I understand.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

MrsDimera
Oct 3 2009, 09:43 AM
They really must have been :drunk: when writing that. I give him :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Not much of a shocker there. :hmmph:

But we all like who we like, and contrary to the majority here at DR.. GG, and in fact SAFE are a very popular couple and i have no doubt they are the rooting couple for the writers, :cheer: The online community is such a small part of the viewers, we probably only reflect about 1 in 50 viewers at best, and thats being generous.

And as for Days bringing back Carly .. that is not a reflection on GG.. A soap cant revolve around 1 couple , or just a handful of cast and do well. I dont think it reflects on anyone other that things are going well and they are investing in the future by bringing back favorite Salamites.
Edited by Taelyn, Oct 4 2009, 08:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 07:24 PM
angmc
Oct 4 2009, 07:13 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 07:07 PM
mbdimera
Oct 4 2009, 06:06 PM
Screw SOD. Stefano is the one who figured it out first. He gets my thumbs up. B-)
Stefano didn't figure out anything. He was suspicious of Nicole from the very beginning of EJ's relationship with her. He had her followed everywhere, even to the convent, and that is how he found out what he found out. And, we still don't know if Dr. Baker was in some way involved with Stefano. When someone is tracking another person's every move and monitoring phone calls, the proof is handed to you, you don't have to figure it out.
How did Stefano not figure it out first? :huh: He knew enough not to trust Nicole so he used his resources to prove that she was a deceitful bitch except it worked to his favor. Or was it actually Tony who figured it out? Either way it wasn't Rafe.
What i meant was he, Stefano, did not take the initiative to put the pieces of anything together. He took what his goons told him and that's how he found out. He did the same thing with Dr. Baker and Rafe. Rafe went out on his own and looked into things and figured out what had happened without hiring people to do it for him. Rafe was willing to risk his life to do this for Sami while Stefano sat back in his mansion and paid everyone else to do his dirty work for him.
Of course he took the initiative. He smelled something fishy, investigated and found out the truth. And he revealed it at the hospital when Grace was dying. He was the first to figure it out, and Rafe was still in the dark trying to adopt a baby he thought to be EJ's.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

JANALH
Oct 4 2009, 02:24 PM
Okay, here's my take on things, not that anyone cares, but I'm giving it to you anyway. ;) Yes, I'm an EJAMI, I make NO apologies for it nor any excuses. I don't need any. It's a freaking television show and I'll like who I want to like, regardless of what ANYONE else thinks. I don't care if EJ, to many, is the worst guy on the planet, I'll take his character anyday of that of the boring Rafe.

That's what it all boils down to with me, I really don't care what EJ has done or hasn't done, he is a much more interesting character than Rafe. And to add to that, JS can act circles around GG. Even on a bad day. AND I do think that JS has had some "bad" acting days of late, I do think he has gone over the top in some of his "angry" scenes. But, GG is flat in ALL his scenes, he's monotone and comes off as he's just reading his lines. Sorry, I'm sure GG is a swell fellow, but his acting is lacking. I'm just calling it as I see it. I'm sure others feel differently, but that's the great thing about this message board, we can all have different opinions and it's okay to voice them. You know the old saying, "opinions are like............" you know what I'm saying! ;)

Maybe we just need to agree to disagree, some are going to like Rafe, while others of us are not. I will say, the ones who don't like Rafe aren't just EJAMI's.....it's pretty much people from all different fanbases and those from no particular fanbase and the sentiment is the same, we find him boring and the acting skills lacking.

On the other point that seems to be brought up constantly thru this thread, I don't think any of us truly know where this story is going. I think we all have our opinions of where we WANT it to go, but that doesn't necessarily equate to that being the way the storyline is going. IN MY OPINION not going with a Dimera and a Brady is foolish, but hey, these writers have done MANY things that I would constitue as foolish, so I'm not going to say that I KNOW it's going that way.

But, I will say, it doesn't really matter about the list of crimes you can name for ANY character on this soap, they all can be redeemed with the stroke of a pen. EJ, Nicole, Sami, Lucas, Kate, any of them, so we can list their crimes all day long and tptb can decide that they want to pair them with the saint of the show,say, Maggie and they will make it happen. That's what's so great about a tv show, nothing is in concrete, nothing is punishable, anybody can get away with what the writers want them to get away with. I like that, I don't want Kate to have to be written out to go to prison because she tried to poison Chloe, or Stefano to be written out for any one of his many crimes, or Sami, EJ, or Nicole for any of their many crimes. I choose to remember it's a soap and EVERYTHING is exagerated on a soap, EVERYTHING. I mean seriously, have you really paid attention to them?? It's ALL over the top, and that's what makes a soap a soap. At least the storylines right now are pretty interesting, so I'm happy about that. I'm just going to sit back and watch how it all plays out.
:applause: Bravo.. While I dont share your love of Ejami I agree we all need to agree to disagree. I just dont see the need to Insult the actor, and discount the couples appeal to the fans.

I also agree its not just Ejami's who dont care for Rafe, Just as there were many of us (Myself included) who were NOT Lumi's but didnt care for EJ with Sami, Yet we were always accused of being Lumi's if we didnt drool over the man.. Now I am a fan of JS and EJ .. As long as he is not paired with Sami..She makes HIM boring, and I like him evil and very much a Dimera. And for me they make no sense together.

And I agree that none of us can see the future we can only hope..
I see logically the only way Sami end up with EJ is to yet again sacrifice herself and her happiness for a loved one (Even Rafe) Or her somehow not being herself mentally. Aside from that its pretty clear.. She has made no apologies or waivered in her Love for Rafe.
Edited by Taelyn, Oct 4 2009, 10:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 4 2009, 08:34 PM
Quote:

I think you are exactly right! That is one of the reasons why they are dragging out his return so long. Certain things have to fall into place before they can do the reveal. Those things have to come out first before Rafe can tell Sami the truth about her daughter, and from what I have read, he will be the one to tell her.

Where have you read this? I haven't seen any articles or spoilers that indicate how the baby reveal gets out.
Edited by angmc, Oct 4 2009, 10:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

luvpumpkns
Oct 4 2009, 07:48 PM

Umm well calling in favors and following leads is HOW you get to the truth. Obviously Rafe Cant do and does not have the equipment to do everything himself.. As I recall John , Roman, Shane, Bo, Steve .. They have all had others including the ISA (Even when they didnt work for them)to help solve cases..They also broke many many laws and didnt follow the book Bo especially. So I see that as simply being a smart FBI, or *Ex* FBI agent. Using the tools you have access to.

Now the Bolded part, you might want to rethink that or follow your own advice. Sami was FAR from 8 months pregnant, I believe she was supposed to be around 4-5 months along which is why it was not supposed to be overly obvious. This gave them plenty of time to bond and become friends and even fall in love , (Though Im glad the romantic feelings were not revealed or realized until after the child was born.)
As for him thinking Nicole somehow harmed Grace this made the most sense as he had no way of knowing Nicole was near when Grace was born and could not fathom that Grace was not infact Sami's. Its only when all the pieces fell into place. Also this is a SOAP nothing is more far fethched then the paralyzed walking again, or getting shot in the heart and walking around within a week. or being in a Coma and released from the Hospital the next day, or being on "Life support" without a "Ventilator" .. Its all far fetched....
So dont hold Rafe to a different standard then everyone else in Salem just because you dont like him ..
Your *Prejudice is showing* and it takes away from any point you might be trying to make.
Edited by Taelyn, Oct 4 2009, 10:28 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

angmc
Oct 4 2009, 10:08 PM
magicsteacher
Quote:

Where have you read this? I haven't seen any articles or spoilers that indicate how the baby reveal gets out.
No one has. It's speculation...not a spoiler. There is a huge difference.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

angmc
Manda1
magicsteacher

Thumbs Up!

It Figures

Well he is better looking then EJ/JS IMO ,, an atleast he knows a pregnant woman when he see's one... LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 4 2009, 10:13 PM
angmc
magicsteacher
Quote:

And lots of wishful thinking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

angmc
Oct 4 2009, 10:26 PM
SocRMum1
angmc
magicsteacher
Quote:

There is alot of that going around ... LOL.
Some just has more merit, and foundation then others. The rest is just a wish and a hope.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

angmc
Oct 4 2009, 10:39 PM
Taelyn
Oct 4 2009, 10:31 PM
angmc
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepand from what I have read, he will be the one to tell her.
Some just has more merit, and foundation then others. The rest is just a wish and a hope.
And fortunately we'll know in the next few weeks what is wishful thinking and what is the actual story.
Amen! I feel like I've been waiting for these next several weeks for over a year. Oh wait...I have! :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

angmc
Oct 4 2009, 10:39 PM
Taelyn
Oct 4 2009, 10:31 PM
angmc
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepand from what I have read, he will be the one to tell her.
And fortunately we'll know in the next few weeks what is wishful thinking and what is the actual story.
True , atleast in part...We will know the story for that week or so.. All we know is what they are writing now, and frankly they have written nothing that indicates Sami and EJ bond in any special way or come back together.

But time will tell, though I expect many twists and turns to come .. because I have a feeling Rafe will have some sort of memory or health problem or somehow be prevented from telling Sami the truth.

But I also feel they will find their way back to eachother because they share a deep "mutual" Love, one that brings no shame or regrets.....And thats important.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic