Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/5 - 10/9
Topic Started: Oct 5 2009, 04:51 AM (8,951 Views)
Ellie

Days of Our Lives
10/5 - 10/9

Discuss. :smile:

Classic Clip:
1997: Kristen's schemes unravel as Marlena confronts her.
(I love the part with Ivan at the end. Such a perfectly done scene in all respects.)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Screw Drake. Eileen & Deidre had mega chemistry in their scenes.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

After today's episode airs in the US, would someone mind giving me a brief description of today's episode. I'm out of town, and won't be able to watch for a day or two. Pretty please :), thanks in advance.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great episode today..Loved it all, except for Daniel and Chloe. Once again James and Ari rocked. I'm loving this reveal so far. Also loved the Carly scenes, can't wait to watch this all unfold.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

it was a good show, some good drama. lots of women keeping the rights of fathers out of the equation; hope running off with Ciarra, Mia giving away Chad's baby, and of course EJ "Choke a Bitch" Dimera with Sami and Nicole.

Maybe Sami could get a job at the greasy spoon Nicole used to work at.

james0479
Member Avatar

The Deidre/Eileen clip above was fantastic!!! THAT was when I was totally hooked on DAYS and couldn't miss a second. Just loved that whole storline. Today's show was fairly decent. I really enjoyed Ari and James! I'm still not a fan of EJ but I think he does angry very very well. Even though Nicole is pretty much the monster in this story....I feel so bad for her! Why? I think it's just the way Ari has sold this story. She has done a great job. Carly's total of 49 seconds was very good as well. I am ready for her to be on more and to have more than 8 words in her scenes. lol Just seeing Crystal Chappell back on Days is cool to me. As for the rest, EH...nothing special.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Halloween Family
Oct 5 2009, 04:58 PM

I was thinking the diner Nicole's Mom and Kate used to work at....

Nicole worked at the Java Cafe if I remember correctly, and it was in the dearly departed and sorely missed Salem Place.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Rhi
Oct 5 2009, 05:05 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 5 2009, 04:58 PM

I was thinking the diner Nicole's Mom and Kate used to work at....

Nicole worked at the Java Cafe if I remember correctly, and it was in the dearly departed and sorely missed Salem Place.
I think they've had Java in recent episodes.

Oh, I thought I remembered seeing Nicole in the same uniform that kate , fay and Hattie wore at the diner.

Spoiler: click to toggle

james0479
Member Avatar

Ah, Salem Place......the memories!!! Yes, Nicole worked there. Sami's sudden quest for a job struck me as rather funny for some reason. It's cute and all but obvious filler to keep Crystal Chappell down to 40 seconds an episode. lol

Kailyn

after todays episode I think Bo should surprise Hope with legal separation papers who does she think she is treating both Bo and Ciarra like shes doing? I am ready for a little Hope groveling for Bo.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

they're going too far throwing hope under the bus to set up carly and bo. having her move out was one thing, but now she isn't taking bo's calls or allowing him to speak to his daughter? that doesn't seem like her, even considering how bitchy she's been the past few years.

what was the point of the sami scenes apart from giving maggie an opportunity to snark at kate? the confrontation with chloe and kate tomorrow actually looks good, tho. i did like the convo between maggie and sami about her 'death row' gap in employment.
another question-- why the obsession lately with stefano and kate and food? at first i thought they were hinting around at her trying to poison him, then later she's super-concerned with his diet, then she's dumping salt all over his food. i wish we could get an aside from kate just so we know what's going on her head.

i'm sort of annoyed that chloe gets out of her marraige with an anullment, all while daniel pampers her and insists that none of this is her fault. give me a break. this situation is one hundred percent her fault. she knew she loved daniel when she married lucas, and no promise to god makes that alright. as someone else has brought up, i doubt it was god's plan for lucas to be married to a woman that married him out of a sense of obligation.

ari and james were excellent today, as usual. james plays that controlled rage SO much better than whatever he was trying to pull off during grace's death. seriously, it's like watching a totally different actor. thank god.

Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 5 2009, 07:43 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I hate the way they're writing Hope right now.

Days4Life

Good show today except for the Daniel and Chloe scenes, which really annoyed me. I don't understand how Chloe has managed to end up the victim in this situation, since she's the one who had the affair while engaged to Lucas and then married him knowing she was in love with another man. Where does Daniel get off talking about Lucas's immaturity? What about his own sleaziness? I never thought I'd see the day when I was sticking up for Lucas, but he's getting a raw deal here.

Sami looks beautiful in that shade of blue. Much better than the pink they've been dressing her in all the time. Pink clothes, pink makeup, pink lighting, enough with the pink! I like that she's finally out there looking for a job and ready to take care of herself, which is where she was headed when Alison's real-life pregnancy derailed that storyline.

EJ and Nicole--I'm loving this! And the thing is, while I understand EJ's anger and he has every right to be furious, I still am sympathetic towards Nicole, which I believe is a testament to Ari Zucker's amazing work throughout this storyline. I hate that Nicole lied to him and took away EJ's opportunity to grieve his child, I'm furious with her that she's allowing him to believe both of his children are dead....and yet there's a part of me that wants EJ and Nicole to somehow kiss and make up and live happily ever after with little Sydney.

Like someone else mentioned in their post, I'm confused about Kate's actions right now. Part of the time I'm convinced she's trying to kill Stefano by sabotaging his diet--no way was that tiramisu a memory lapse on her part! But then she's sitting in Chez Rouge chiding him about his food choices like she's an adoring wife....right before she offers him a fat-laden sauce and dumps a salt shaker all over his plate. And please, could we get Lauren Koslow a new hair stylist? And maybe a new wardrobe? Because she's looking like a mess lately.

I'm actually enjoying Bo's fury over Hope disappearing with Ciara. I've been furious with Hope many times over the last few years; it's about time Bo reaches the end of his rope. No matter whether she's being written in character or not, the fact is Hope's been written as a bitch and I'm tired of her attitude. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that all this is happening just as Carly is returning. :wink:

Alligato
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Oct 5 2009, 07:42 PM
they're going too far throwing hope under the bus to set up carly and bo. having her move out was one thing, but now she isn't taking bo's calls or allowing him to speak to his daughter? that doesn't seem like her, even considering how bitchy she's been the past few years.

what was the point of the sami scenes apart from giving maggie an opportunity to snark at kate? the confrontation with chloe and kate tomorrow actually looks good, tho. i did like the convo between maggie and sami about her 'death row' gap in employment.
another question-- why the obsession lately with stefano and kate and food? at first i thought they were hinting around at her trying to poison him, then later she's super-concerned with his diet, then she's dumping salt all over his food. i wish we could get an aside from kate just so we know what's going on her head.

i'm sort of annoyed that chloe gets out of her marraige with an anullment, all while daniel pampers her and insists that none of this is her fault. give me a break. this situation is one hundred percent her fault. she knew she loved daniel when she married lucas, and no promise to god makes that alright. as someone else has brought up, i doubt it was god's plan for lucas to be married to a woman that married him out of a sense of obligation.

ari and james were excellent today, as usual. james plays that controlled rage SO much better than whatever he was trying to pull off during grace's death. seriously, it's like watching a totally different actor. thank god.

luv - kick ass post! Covered everything.

Sami's story was filler, but with her hair pulled all professional, and the grey blazer with blouse underneath, all I thought of was Marlena. They are seriously turning Sami into Marlena which just cracks me up! What happened to Sami? Is this supposed to be growth or just assassination of character? She reminds me of Carrie a bit.

Ugh...I thought there was nothing worse than Hope in self righteous, bitch cop mode. Wrong. Hope in scorned wife mode needs to be brought down a few notches. Who is this woman?

JS and AZ - just kicking so much ass together! I am just mesmerized when they are on and what will happen! JS is just shining, and I must admit that I doubted how he would perform, but he is keeping it controlled opposite AZ. Their story and how they are handling it is just so awesome!

Can't wait to see Lawrence in flashback scenes because in his death scene, he looked a bit dumpy. I remember him being very suave and put together...not long hair and pudgy. Am I thinking of someone else?

Mason
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 5 2009, 10:12 PM
And please, could we get Lauren Koslow a new hair stylist? And maybe a new wardrobe? Because she's looking like a mess lately.
She's been looking that way for years now. Someone in the wardrobe department must hate her. And the hairstyling pretty much sucks for just about everyone.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I am loving Kate/Stefano, but I think Stefano would know to add salt to his food to add flovor. If the food was so bad at Chez Rouge, then they should have just ate at the mansion. Although, I enjoyed Maggie/Sami snarking at Kate.

JS and AZ as others have said were awesome. I can't help but be on Nicole's side.

I am ready for Bope to be broken up, Hope doesn't appreciate Bo and hasn't for years. I would love to see Caroline, Victor, or someone to go off on Hope and what she is doing to Bo. What if Bo did this to precious Hope?

mer4santo
Member Avatar

That clip was fantastic and whose house are they in anyway? It clearly evolved into DiMansion.

Livie

I am totally enjoying Nicole's pain. Gotta say Ari is doing it well, but I have not sympathy. As some say when Rafe is brick batted by Meredith, I say the same when EJ hits her emotionally. Hit er again, you dumb cluck, took a lot to engage your atrophied brain, but while it is in gear, smack her with hate and vile, she deserves it all!

Now I look forward to the time when she gets the full impact of the pain she has brought on her own head when Sydney is taken from her for real! You will be up next Sami-girl, get ready to knock her head off, like Marlena almost did to Kristen!

Nicole Walker

James and Ari were fantastic. I was totally into the scene. I have this hope that maybe Nicole's baby is alive somewhere, it's just not right that she lost her baby and can never have another one. I hate that so much, she was so happy about being pregnant.

LovingDays

i want more of Kate/Sami.I freaking love those two together.

Overall today again was really good.

EJ/Nicole smash there scenes they are so good.JS & AZ deserve an emmy next year
Im so happy Sami`s searching for a job.
Im loving Stefano/Kate as a couple.I hope Kate will fall in love with Stefano.That will be so much fun.
Cant wait to see more about Carly.Loved Bo & Justin`s Scene

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply