Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/5 - 10/9
Topic Started: Oct 5 2009, 04:51 AM (8,825 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

W-what?! Sami's defending Nicole?! Huh?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

OMG! Is anyone else salivating for a Philip/Melanie pairing as much as I am? The show is driving me nuts this week! It's about time Philip came around but is it too late?

Either way, PLEASE keep him away from wet blanket Stephanie.

Philip & Melanie FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mason

I'm all for keeping Philip away from Stephanie, but pairing him with a teenager is not any better, IMO.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Yeah, isn't Philip a little old for Melanie? I thought she was only a teenager and Philip is, what 30ish now? That's a little skeevish, IMO.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Boring episode today. James Scott was good though. Melanie and Nathan's date was ZZZ.

I still hate the pink vagina lighting on this show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PHELLE FOREVER

juniorz1
Oct 9 2009, 12:26 PM
OMG! Is anyone else salivating for a Philip/Melanie pairing as much as I am? The show is driving me nuts this week! It's about time Philip came around but is it too late?

I'm here. I love Philip/Melanie. Such intense chemistry and passion between them. Wow...
Also,I have to say, in yesterday's Philip/Melanie/Kate scenes, I saw shades of the old-school Sami/Lucas/Kate scenes. Kate always hated Sami, and Sami went toe to toe with her. Then Lucas would come in to break up their fight. Melanie and Kate arguing was like deja vu to me. Then Philip coming in to break it up.Loved it!!!
In this scenario: Philip=Lucas Melanie=Sami Kate= well, Kate,lol.
I loved it and I want to see more. Lauren and Molly are great in the rivalry scenes. And could you just see the Melanie/Victor scenes? Melanie living at the mansion?LMAO! More PHELANIE, please! :cheer:

Alligato
Member Avatar

Awesome show today!
I think EJ shut everyone up and just put it out there that he considers Sami's lies and Nicole's lies the same! The man is right...they both lied and concealed a child from him. Loved that EJ kept putting Sami in her place with it. Awesome! Great interaction with those two!
Totally surprised that Sami is trying to get EJ to realize that Nicole really loves him, loved him admitting that he truly loved her...but he is done with her. Many places to go from here for them. JS is doing great with the emotions!
Johnny sleeping and sucking on his thumb was precious!

Oh, and we got some Bricole! :wub:
Delusional Nicole, but I love how Brady stood up for himself, knowing that Nicole is lashing out. Loved Nicole's talk at the end. The writers are going to good lengths to keep her character sympathetic.
I am just enjoying the shit out of this whole reveal and character interactions! I hope it keeps up being this good!

Only one thing: can we please get Nicole in a new dress. I hate that red/grey tent thing.

Melanie and Nathan were pretty cute, and I am just so glad we had two characters have a date. With a smooch at the end. No screwing, no lies, just a slow building fun relationship with chemistry. Slightly dull, but given that, I am happy with Melanie and Nathan. But since I don't want Phillip and Stephanie, I am not sure who to root for. I kind of like Phillip and Melanie...but its all wrong for them.

Loved Maggie giving Phillip the finger. LOL!
Great week! That's how my show should be!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Melanie is supposedly turning 19 in the next couple of weeks if they haven't SORASed her in the last year. But I could say that she could pass for 20 or 21 though if they want to age her a little bit.

Days4Life

James Scott has been so good in these scenes. He really does look emotionally devastated. Glad he keeps reminding Sami of what she did and how it's really the same as what Nicole did to him. When he said that line about once having two daughters and now having none...broke my heart.

To be honest, the Sami/EJ scenes are about all I paid attention to today. Although I love Melanie, the date was kind of boring to me and I still have a lot of Stephanie hate so didn't pay any attention to her. Bricole was good, but I'm tired of Brady being such a doormat for Nicole.

Mason

Days4Life
Oct 9 2009, 03:27 PM
James Scott has been so good in these scenes. He really does look emotionally devastated. Glad he keeps reminding Sami of what she did and how it's really the same as what Nicole did to him.
Me too. Sami should have that thrown in her face before she starts judging Nicole.

Also, on yesterday's show, I think it would have been a lot more interesting if Lexie had told E.J. that she understood why Nicole did what she did (having done essentially the same thing, herself), instead of coming off like a total hypocrite.

jane1978

PHELLE FOREVER
Oct 9 2009, 01:30 PM
juniorz1

I'm here. I love Philip/Melanie. Such intense chemistry and passion between them. Wow...
Also,I have to say, in yesterday's Philip/Melanie/Kate scenes, I saw shades of the old-school Sami/Lucas/Kate scenes. Kate always hated Sami, and Sami went toe to toe with her. Then Lucas would come in to break up their fight. Melanie and Kate arguing was like deja vu to me. Then Philip coming in to break it up.Loved it!!!
I loved it and I want to see more. Lauren and Molly are great in the rivalry scenes. And could you just see the Melanie/Victor scenes? Melanie living at the mansion?LMAO! More PHELANIE, please! :cheer:
I agree Kate vs. Mel could have the same intensity as Kate vs. Sami, but Iīm seriously torn who should be the end couples. There is a lot of potential with Phillip and Mel and I can totally see why would Phillip be attracted to her, but Phillip and Steph are classic tortured romance and itīs clear they will always love each other so I think they deserve to have their happyend eventually. And next there are Nathan and Mel who are just really funny and cute young couple, but I canīt help and feel serious passion and desire in the way Nathan looks at Steph and itīs not there when he is with Mel. And I felt real connection and understanding between Nathan and Steph. So, I really donīt know who I want with who which I quess is the purpose of this quadrangle.

For now I quess I really want them to explore Mel and Phillip, because just seeing Mel deeling with Victor and Kate on daily basis would be great fun. And I want something serious to develop between Nathan and Steph. And next, who knows.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I don't have a personal preference for couples in the Philip/Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie quad, but whenever Philip is around Melanie and Nathan, he comes off as the creepy interloper. I think the character deserves better than that so I guess by default he should be with Stephanie. :shrug:

EJ & Sami were great today. I was misty-eyed throughout their scenes, and it made me even more anxious for the final reveal to happen. Sami is going to feel like a complete moron for defending Nicole. I want bitchy, nasty Sami to make an appearance when she finds out Nicole stole Sydney. The writers better not fuck it up.

AZ & EM have so much more chemistry than LH & EM. I still haven't warmed up to LH.

soccerandtvgirl

Nicole Dimera
Oct 9 2009, 10:27 AM
I couldn't believe how short AS was. I was laughing when I saw Nicole and EJ stand on each side of Sami. I knew she was short but Nicole and EJ look like giants when she's in the middle of them. LOL!
I was laughing at that too. But AS isn't that short. She's kinda short but she's not a midget. She's about 5'4'' and the average American woman is 5'4.3" so she's about average. AZ is 5'9'' so she's quite tall, model height. And JS is 6'4'' so he's quite tall too. And if if AZ was wearing heels and AS wasn't that would make it look even more so. But no matter what though AS looks a like a midget then to AZ and JS. Lol.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 9 2009, 03:53 PM
PHELLE FOREVER
Oct 9 2009, 01:30 PM
juniorz1

I agree Kate vs. Mel could have the same intensity as Kate vs. Sami, but Iīm seriously torn who should be the end couples. There is a lot of potential with Phillip and Mel and I can totally see why would Phillip be attracted to her, but Phillip and Steph are classic tortured romance and itīs clear they will always love each other so I think they deserve to have their happyend eventually. And next there are Nathan and Mel who are just really funny and cute young couple, but I canīt help and feel serious passion and desire in the way Nathan looks at Steph and itīs not there when he is with Mel. And I felt real connection and understanding between Nathan and Steph. So, I really donīt know who I want with who which I quess is the purpose of this quadrangle.

For now I quess I really want them to explore Mel and Phillip, because just seeing Mel deeling with Victor and Kate on daily basis would be great fun. And I want something serious to develop between Nathan and Steph. And next, who knows.
Holysmokes, 4 whole people that actually like Melanie and Phillip? However, I do agree with the poster who commented that Phillip comes off a little creepy at times.

Was Melanie drunk off of one sip of a virgin margarita?

You can see how really beaten down EJ is, it looks like he's been crying for days but his lip smacking is working my last nerve.

In the scene the other day between Dan and Kate, did she ask him if he's been "hitting the bong"?

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i'm almost excited to see the actual reveal thanks to today's ejami scenes. i'm kind of interested to see how much the two change their minds about nicole when the full truth comes out. not that i expect ej to be more forgiving when he learns sydney is really his, i just expect him to sort of understand more why nicole did what she did. sami, of course, i expect to start foaming at the mouth, so i think the flip-flop of those future scenes with what we saw today will be interesting.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 9 2009, 07:11 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Brady and Nicole is totally where it's at. Love them together. Eric Martsolf has made me love a character i once couldn't stand.

dooldooldool

Matt
Oct 9 2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah, isn't Philip a little old for Melanie? I thought she was only a teenager and Philip is, what 30ish now? That's a little skeevish, IMO.
Yes, but sadly, many teenyboppers chase after older men. And with Melanie's "daddy" issues, is it any wonder she chases a character a dozen years older .

The show does seem intent on de-SORAS-ing Phillip. They seem to be playing him more as mid-20s than early-30s. After all, Vivian Alamain gave birth to him in 1995.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

What happened to Morgan? I liked Morgan & Philip.

Mason

Matt
Oct 9 2009, 10:37 PM
What happened to Morgan? I liked Morgan & Philip.
Morgan was the only pairing of Philip's so far that I've actually liked. So, of course, they stupidly wrote her off. I'm still bitter.
Edited by Mason, Oct 9 2009, 10:40 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kevc1980
Oct 9 2009, 07:52 PM
Brady and Nicole is totally where it's at. Love them together. Eric Martsolf has made me love a character i once couldn't stand.
Same here!

Never really enjoyed KL's Brady at all. :wub: Bricole :wub: Brady's such a dumbass though taking Nicole's side in everything. I can't wait til he finds out Nicole switched the kids after all he's done to bail her ass out and cover her ass and stick up for her. And I can't wait to see what EJ does to get revenge on his ass. Nicole, on the other hand, needs a fucking straightjacket with her "You're mine... and I'm never gonna let you go." I hope Sami has her committed for a while when she finds out the truth cause bitch is CRAZY. Poor Sydney.

The EJami scenes were SOOOOOO kickass. JS and AS are really hitting it out of the park. And it's funny how they have 180'd where Sami sticks up for Nicole and EJ hates her guts. Loved EJ reminding Sami that she kept a secret like this from him too. Loved Sami pointing out what upsets EJ the most is that Nicole outsmarted him. That's soooo true. And as much as it kind of sucks they are dragging out the reveal even longer I did like it when Sami and EJ were just standing there saying the only question is who are Sydney's real parents. D'oh. EJ is seriously breaking my heart with how hard he is taking all of this. I can't wait to see what he does next. That scene with Johnny in his lap was just too damn adorable for words.

I don't know where I come down on the Stephanie/Phillip/Melanie/Nathan quad.

Stephanie as a character just feels so lost with Chelsea, Max and her parents gone IMO. She and Phillip are still super pretty together but as much as I've tried to root for them in the past, it just seems like in the end she's just too goody goody for Phillip. Loved their scene with Phillip telling her he's finally realized they're not right together. At least character-wise, although I'm still not sure about the chemistry, I think Stephanie probably does belong with Mr. Horton more than Mr. Kiriakis.

While I still don't know for sure about Phillip and Melanie, I don't really have any problem with Melanie and Phillip's age difference. Mainly, I just haven't been sold to this point that Phillip was going after Melanie as anything other than a rebound or consolation prize or as a way to get back at Steph. She is pretty cute with Nathan, too, though. I just don't know.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply