Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/5 - 10/9
Topic Started: Oct 5 2009, 04:51 AM (8,900 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 8 2009, 09:10 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 8 2009, 09:08 PM
The True Blood stint was hardly anything, but it did show she has good chemistry with a lot of different actors, IMO, and she should take advantage of it.
Ahh, yes. They should bring Ryan Kwanten to Days as Jason Stackhouse! :)
Oh, I miss my Jason Stackhouse.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Oct 8 2009, 09:19 PM
Kenny
Oct 8 2009, 09:10 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 8 2009, 09:08 PM
The True Blood stint was hardly anything, but it did show she has good chemistry with a lot of different actors, IMO, and she should take advantage of it.
Ahh, yes. They should bring Ryan Kwanten to Days as Jason Stackhouse! :)
Oh, I miss my Jason Stackhouse.
Me too. :(

"I reckon I've already been to heaven. It was inside your wife."

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Anytime Lexie and EJ are in a scene together, I enjoy it. I was hoping to hear Lexie reference Zack when EJ was talking about not being able to love someone else's child when there will always be the threat that the birth parents could come back and get the baby. That would've been an excellent time for Lexie to recall her own past. I did think it was a little hypocrictal of Lexie to come down so hard on Nicole for what she did. Does she not remember she was involved in her own baby switch? Have we forgotten the past, Lex?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

lysie
Oct 8 2009, 03:17 PM
IMissAremid
Oct 8 2009, 03:16 PM
lysie
Oct 8 2009, 11:07 AM
IMissAremid
Oct 8 2009, 03:39 AM
Kate is such a c---! GAWD! Bitch walking around so entitled and uppity when she should be in jail?! The nerve! I hope Vivian doesn't spend all her time chasing Carly around the canvas because she needs to put Kate in her place like only she can. I pray the writers do something fun like reveal some twist that Kate's marriage to Stefano is invalid because Stefano and Vivian never properly divorced when they were married.

But kudos to the writers and LK for making me hate Kate this much for the first time in YEARS!
Didn't it turn out that Victor and Kate were never legally married anyway?
I'm confused. I'm not really sure what that has to do with Stefano?
LOL. Nothing. I read your post completely backwards. My bad!
LOL. It happens to the best of us. I just thought I'd check in case there was something I missed since Vivian hasn't been on for a while and she and Kate definitely were tussling for Victor for quite a while.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

On a side note...

I just saw a SoapNet preview for Days that shows that stab scene between Carly and Lawrence and claims "Carly returns... from the dead." UGH.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm trying to remember the Lexie and Zach stuff. I do remember she found out that Zach was Hope's child and tried to run away with Zach. What I can't remember was how Lexie and Abe had Zach in the first place. Did they adopt him?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Oct 8 2009, 10:21 PM
I'm trying to remember the Lexie and Zach stuff. I do remember she found out that Zach was Hope's child and tried to run away with Zach. What I can't remember was how Lexie and Abe had Zach in the first place. Did they adopt him?
They thought they adopted a woman named Marlo's son. At first, Lexie had no idea Zack was Hope's son, but when she found out, she was already so attached to Zack that she chose to continue the lie to keep him.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Thanks for the info. I thought I remembered something about a Marlo character.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Oct 8 2009, 09:37 PM
Anytime Lexie and EJ are in a scene together, I enjoy it. I was hoping to hear Lexie reference Zack when EJ was talking about not being able to love someone else's child when there will always be the threat that the birth parents could come back and get the baby. That would've been an excellent time for Lexie to recall her own past. I did think it was a little hypocrictal of Lexie to come down so hard on Nicole for what she did. Does she not remember she was involved in her own baby switch? Have we forgotten the past, Lex?
It was actually referenced somewhat.

When Lexie asked EJ why he was pushing Sydney away and not just Nicole, EJ went on to discuss how it's better to just cut emotional ties now since he could likely end up losing Sydney down the road. He then mentioned to Lexie that she of all people should know what he is talking about, which was a reference to her losing Zack in the climax of the baby switch story. I also felt the way she told EJ to fight for Sydney and the way she comforted him in their final scene today was sort of a subtle reference too but that may be me reading too much into it by thinking of the past while watching the scenes.

I would've liked a little more but sometimes it's better to be subtle about it, I suppose. I would not expect Lexie to take it easy on Nicole though in that situation because, if she did, EJ would probably get pissed and Lexie herself made note of how EJ's rage may be the major reason why the women in his life lie to him. I see it as Lexie merely appeasing EJ by siding with him.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

I don't really remember, but did Lexie and Nicole ever have run-ins with one another in the past? Like when Lexie slept with Brandon or when it came out that Nicole's mom and Abe had a past together?

I honestly can't remember any confrontations with them but that could explain the hostility if that had happened. Then again... this show has completely forgotten about Lexie and Sami's hatred of each other so... that's probably giving them way too much credit if that is even an explanation.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Thankfully they've improved on Melanie's hair, makeup and wardrobe. Nathan's clearly more into Stephanie, those two's smiles light up when they see one another. I do think the Kate-Mel confrontation was to give Phil a chance to stick up for her.

Boy, they really choked me up today having Sydney screaming like that and Sami giving her Mommy's sweater.

Kenny

Me too.

"I reckon I've already been to heaven. It was inside your wife."
That was such a deliciously dirty line. Reminds me of this exhange on Gossip Girl.

Georgina: "The Lord cannot enter the body sullied by alcohol."
Chuck: That's good, because I prefer to be the one doing the entering."
Edited by Halloween Family, Oct 9 2009, 12:06 AM.

Nicole Walker

Lexie and Nicole had a run in at the hospital during the early stages of Ejole. She said that she thinks Nicole really cares for her brother and was better for him than Sami. She's probably changing her tune right about now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Oct 8 2009, 11:40 PM
I don't really remember, but did Lexie and Nicole ever have run-ins with one another in the past? Like when Lexie slept with Brandon or when it came out that Nicole's mom and Abe had a past together?

I honestly can't remember any confrontations with them but that could explain the hostility if that had happened. Then again... this show has completely forgotten about Lexie and Sami's hatred of each other so... that's probably giving them way too much credit if that is even an explanation.
They haven't really forgotten Lexie and Sami's hatred. Lexie isn't on much so we never get to see the two interact. As Nicole Dimera said, Lexie and Nicole had a talk during the early days of the EJ/Nicole story that had Lexie dissing Sami to EJ and there have been a few talks between EJ and Lexie where her bitterness toward Sami was obvious.

I'm sure now she wants EJ away from both women though LOL.

daysfanbrady

i am officially convinced that chad is indeed carly and lawrences' son. as he was dying he was saying or at least trying to say..youll never find him.. im thinking he was sent away to boarding school either as protection or carly gave her son away to protect him....and he somehow found his way back to salem "ironically" it can develop his character why he is determined to find his kid because he was given away as a kid and further connect carly into town..plus it 'd give "grandma" vivian yet something else to do and interact with when she returns in a couple of weeks (omg its really close!!!)---
not only that but think about how carly is in danger with all of lawrences dangerous men following her, and in a spoiler it says chad finds out the dimeras have his kid but he is not without a powerful family as parentage surfaces, well lawrence is powerful..so i hope thats how it goes, i just had to share my thoughts on that.. i never cared for chads character but now i do..i think this high school crowd may actually be better than several years ago with belle and shawn ect...
while im at it..days..please bring martha back as well as melissa reeves, and abby (played by that chick from guiding light married to bill, cant remember her name)

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Not as exciting as the rest of the week, but still a pretty good show. Lots of nice character interactions. Melanie/Kate, Melanie/Brady, Maggie/Stephanie, Victor/Kate, and the EJ, Sami, Nicole scene was exciting at the end..

daysfanbrady

PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2009, 03:22 PM
Paxton
Oct 8 2009, 01:15 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2009, 01:04 PM
I can see Stefano putting Kate in charge because I don't think he trusts EJ. A few months ago when Stefano was getting his checkup he told EJ that he would soon be ready to take over the family business. Stefano has really dragged his feet on that. I remember in February he said the same. I think he's reluctant now to give EJ complete power because of what could happen if EJ learns the whole truth about the baby switch, especially if he learns of his role in it. He's afraid of EJ being emotionally compromised and, if he learns what Stefano did, who knows what he will do. He may want to get back at his father. I'm sure that is why he put Kate in charge. Hell, maybe he did it to test EJ or something. The show made it very clear that Stefano did not go into this blindly. Yes, he has feelings for Kate but the spark of all this was that it was a business arrangement. He knows what Kate has done in the past and what she is capable of. He even reminds her of it. I don't think he's being played for a fool at all.

My point is not so much that I find it incredible (literally) that Stefano would ever put Kate in charge of DiMera Enterprises. My point is that I can't understand why he would make her in charge only if he died. She said that if they get divorced, she gets nothing. I don't disagree with you that Stefano may not trust EJ and this is probably a way to further the rift between them when Stefano's role in concealing the baby switch comes out--but I don't buy that Stefano would paint a target on his own back and give Kate a shiny gift-wrapped motive to kill him.
I still can see it. As I said, it could be a test and I think that is exactly what it was. He may have been seeing if she would dare try to kill him. It could be a test of her loyalty. He knows what she is capable of and he wanted to test her. That is very much in character for Stefano. Kate didn't really do anything to him anyway. She just did nothing to stop him from putting his health at risk and the show is beating us over the head with that fact.
i think by doing this ..its a good thing..kate is becoming more pyscho and more dangerous than ever..and with stefano (joe mascalo) getting up there in age and maybe not wanting to continue it leaves a dangerous player just like him in the game..kate is becoming an intresting character the darker she gets the less annoyed i am by her...but am i the only one wondering if she actually partly has sympathy and some sort of love for stefano, either that or shes a really good actress within an actress

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I really enjoyed the Lexie/EJ scenes. JS and RJ work well together - they really sell the sibling bond, which is pretty funny when you stop to think that Lexie couldn't have picked him out of a crowd when EJ first came to town. :lol:

Again...love Ari as an actress, but dear GAWD...I am sick to death of listening to Nicole drone on and on and on about 'my little girl' at this point. I seriously wanted Stefano to sit up, follow his son's lead and choke a bitch. I did think Ari and James did a great job with the end scene - looking at each other WAY over Sami's head as she was holding Sydney. The anguish was clearly evident on their faces. But how did I never notice how much shorted AS is than the two of them. That particular camera angle really pointed it out. :)

Kate tearing in to Melanie was sort of odd. Why bother? Especially at that moment. Oh! To have Philip come charging in to stick up for her - when hadn't he actually raced off to the hospital when Victor told him about Stefano to be with his mom? Whatever. I'm finding it harder and harder to find anything to like about Philip these days. Good thing he's got those dimples...that'll have to do me until they can find him a story worthy of JKJ. <sigh>

Stephanie needs to take that ride in the hot air balloon...and get lost.

Alligato
Member Avatar

The only scene I seem to remember from yesterday's show was Nicole at Stefano's vigil while Kate was at the Mansion bragging to Victor about taking over Dimera Enterprises. Something was wrong about that. :) I love Stefinicole.

I know I have said it before, but JS is kicking lots of ass with his moping, generally looking miserable face, especially with Lexie. While I didn't buy his "I don't want Sydney because I don't want to lose her" excuse, it is just evident that he is distraught over Nicole and her lies and how much he loved her but was played a fool. I think I buy him being more upset over Nicole than he was over Grace...or maybe I just didn't believe the shaking tears and hostility. He's doing good with his stuff. So glad. I hate when I can't buy what EJ is selling.

That, and JS is just looking all kinds of hot in that shirt! Has he beefed up or something?

I was "ugh" over seeing Stephanie again. I never realized how much I hated her whiny character. All I could think was here she goes with her "Nathan is with Melanie", "Phillip won't be like I want him" speeches.

This week has been pretty awesome!

Nicole Walker

I couldn't believe how short AS was. I was laughing when I saw Nicole and EJ stand on each side of Sami. I knew she was short but Nicole and EJ look like giants when she's in the middle of them. LOL!

Manda1

Nicole Dimera
Oct 9 2009, 10:27 AM
I couldn't believe how short AS was. I was laughing when I saw Nicole and EJ stand on each side of Sami. I knew she was short but Nicole and EJ look like giants when she's in the middle of them. LOL!
I noticed that too. She looked tiny in comparison! James' comment on Ari's height being a better match for him in last year's valentine article really started to make sense! :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply