Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Cover and Preview, 10/20 Issue
Topic Started: Oct 6 2009, 09:33 AM (2,235 Views)
Ellie

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/32426-sod-all-soaps-102009/

Posted Image

LATE-BREAKING NEWS
GH Bombshell! Vaughan Out; Jackson Returns
AMC: Who's In, Who's Out?
Y&R's Sursok On Her Exit: "It Was All a Whirlwind"
GH Cassadine Cutoff
AMC's Zach and Kendall Reunite
Y&R: Nick and Sharon's Heartbreaking Good-Bye
OLTL's Jared Goes Missing
DAYS: Chad Learns Sydney Is "His"

HOT PLOTS PREVIEW
Y&R: Cane and Lily Renew Their Vows
B&B: Is Bill Using Katie?
ATWT: Vienna and Babs Tangle
DAYS: Carly Rescues Rafe

PERFORMER OF THE WEEK: For Always, GL
EDITORS' CHOICE: Peter Bergman (Jack, Y&R)

From the SOD website:

Y&R's Braeden Tells All To Digest
As we reported last week, Eric Braeden (Victor) has been written off of Y&R, after he balked at taking a pay cut mid-contract. But it wasn't the idea of a cut that has him riled. Braeden tells Digest, "I am outraged that after 29 years of devoted service to this company and show, which I'm very proud of, to then be dealt with in such a cold fashion ... is so confrontational and so insulting one really has serious thoughts about wanting to continue it." While acknowledging that the current financial crunch makes cuts necessary, Braeden is unhappy with the manner in which the show's offer was delivered. "It's not that one hadn't agreed to a reduction, but they hit you with a sledgehammer," he says. "It's done in such an insulting fashion. It could have been dealt with in a far more gracious way. It is cold and hard-nosed....The whole thing was so calculated it was unbelievable.... It's not even about the money." For more from Braeden, see the next issue of Digest.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Poor SOD, they probably didn't know their interview was not exclusive...

baybeefaat

LOL Ellie...everyone thinks they got the exclusive nowadays

thanks for posting

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Damn Carly, why can't you just let him die?

Ellie

First post updated with a quote from the SOD website.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 6 2009, 10:26 AM
LOL I agree! Hopefully Vivian well set Carly straight.

Seems Braeden is getting the word out there in a big way.

thanks Ellie!

Manda1

IMissAremid
Yay Carly has suddenly become one of my faves! Her rescuing and saving Rafe starts to redeem her 'killing' Lawrence...as she is going to be seen as someone who is compassionate and prefers to save lives [even of strangers]...she's killed but what I see is the redemption starting immediately.

Also as the writing has been much better these days I think there will be a 'reason' the show had Carly rescue Rafe when it could easily have been set up for Arianna, Sami, Brady, Roman, Will and Mia or even Vivian to rescue him. We'll have to wait and see why it was her because it's part of her first scenes dealing with her re-entry to Salem.

MEK
Member Avatar

When Michael Logan from TV Guide magazine interviewed Melody Thomas Scott right after her contract dispute he brought up how Braeden had intervened on her behalf. Logan commented that he was sure EB was motivated by concern for MTS and not wanting to lose her (as EB said in a number of statements) but he also said that another reason EB was advocating on MTS' behalf was because he knew that if they could do this to MTS they could do it to him as well. And that is exactly what is happening. According to what Logan reported CBS intervened on MTS' behalf. It is surprising they have not yet stepped in on behalf of EB. Though mayb they will.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Why does everyone keep talking about what an icy, cold blooded killer Carly is? Am I the only one who heard her being slapped by Lawrence? Am I the only one who heard her pleading with him to "stop it?" Clearly their relationship was one filled with physical abuse and God only knows what other kind of abuses. What woman wouldn't stab a man in self defense when he's beating and attacking her?

So far, it doesn't look like she has anything to be redeemed from. She did what anyone in that situation would do -- or could easily be pushed to do. It's not like Carly just enjoys killing for sport all of a sudden. She was pushed to the edge. Everyone has a breaking point.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I agree with Kenny that Carly does not need to be redeemed. I think the problem is that there are a lot of viewers who weren't watching the show 16 years ago. They have no idea who Carly and Lawrence are. All they know is that this woman killed her husband.

Yes, Carly did marry Lawrence but that was after she thought he was a changed man. As MS stated in the TV Guide article, Lawrence was a rapist and a killer. I can easily see him going back to his evil ways after he married Carly and we did hear him slap her. I want to know why Carly stayed with Lawrence all this time. I'm sure he was holding something over her.

Manda1

Kenny
Oct 6 2009, 11:35 AM
Why does everyone keep talking about what an icy, cold blooded killer Carly is? Am I the only one who heard her being slapped by Lawrence? Am I the only one who heard her pleading with him to "stop it?" Clearly their relationship was one filled with physical abuse and God only knows what other kind of abuses. What woman wouldn't stab a man in self defense when he's beating and attacking her?

So far, it doesn't look like she has anything to be redeemed from. She did what anyone in that situation would do -- or could easily be pushed to do. It's not like Carly just enjoys killing for sport all of a sudden. She was pushed to the edge. Everyone has a breaking point.
I was not watching 16 years ago - I'm sure there are a lot of viewers like me. Her opening scenes are her sticking a knife into her husband - if the show is smart they will ensure the whole 'wicked' history of what brought her to breaking point is portrayed via flashbacks or her telling Bo or Justin the story. Otherwise those who do not know this character from 16 years ago will assume only what is portrayed on the screen is true - yes he may have hit her but she could just leave him, get a restraining order etc murder is murder - he didn't seem to have a weapon.....

I do not condone spousal abuse at all. But the writers best let the new viewers see via flashbacks and diaglogue the 'monster' that was Lawrence Alamian if they don't want us to think that Carly killed a man uncessecarily. Her nursing a stranger back to health will help to establish who Carly really is to new viewers. it's already working on me :smile:

lastDays
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
ARE you kidding?Rafe is Mr. Days of Our Lives :drunk: :puke:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Manda1
Oct 6 2009, 12:59 PM
I was not watching 16 years ago - I'm sure there are a lot of viewers like me. Her opening scenes are her sticking a knife into her husband - if the show is smart they will ensure the whole 'wicked' history of what brought her to breaking point is portrayed via flashbacks or her telling Bo or Justin the story. Otherwise those who do not know this character from 16 years ago will assume only what is portrayed on the screen is true - yes he may have hit her but she could just leave him, get a restraining order etc murder is murder - he didn't seem to have a weapon.....

I do not condone spousal abuse at all. But the writers best let the new viewers see via flashbacks and diaglogue the 'monster' that was Lawrence Alamian if they don't want us to think that Carly killed a man uncessecarily. Her nursing a stranger back to health will help to establish who Carly really is to new viewers. it's already working on me :smile:
I agree. So far, I'm not liking Carly's return at all. It all just seems very WTF? to me. And that's really not a good thing. I at least know who Carly is based on reading history and watching YouTube clips. I can't imagine what viewers that don't have access to a computer must be thinking.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
I agree. However, I think those scenes could have been directed much better. We heard a slap, but it was hard to tell if it was Lawrence slapping Carly or Carly slapping Lawrence (I presume it was the former, but it was very ambiguous the way we saw it).

I think the "noir" flashbacks will give us more insight into what led up to Carly killing Lawrence.

Harmony233

Mason
Oct 6 2009, 02:05 PM
Kenny
I agree. However, I think those scenes could have been directed much better. We heard a slap, but it was hard to tell if it was Lawrence slapping Carly or Carly slapping Lawrence (I presume it was the former, but it was very ambiguous the way we saw it).

I think the "noir" flashbacks will give us more insight into what led up to Carly killing Lawrence.
CC has already confirmed on twitter that it was Lawrence slapping Carly.I assume eventually there going to show it in flashbacks.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Manda1
Oct 6 2009, 12:59 PM
Y'know...you totally just made the insertion of Rafe into Carly's storyline make sense to me. Thank you!

I hope the somewhat-random stabbing is a good WTF moment that draws viewers in. I guess it will depend on the pacing of the reveal, the flashbacks.

Taelyn

lastDays
Oct 6 2009, 01:52 PM
IMissAremid
ARE you kidding?Rafe is Mr. Days of Our Lives :drunk: :puke:
Whats really rediculous is that of all the information on that cover, THAT is what is bothering anyone?
Originality goes a long way. Obsessive hatred becomes so old and dare I say .... Boring...

I enjoyed the Interview, Im not sure if Im going to like the Old/New Lucky but Im curious about him.
And WOW .. Lawrence used to be so handsome , I barely recognized him.. Carly while still lovely also looks quite different... Lawrence said in his dieing breath "You'll never find"......
So Im wondering .... what if she was pregnant with Bo's child when she left and Lawrence sent the baby away, Maybe telling her it died and she just found out it was a lie .. hence her calling him a "Monster"
Maybe Chad, or Mia, is actually Bo/Carly's child... It is Salem afterall.
Thanks for posting.
Edited by Taelyn, Oct 7 2009, 04:54 AM.

anaballerina

Thanks can someone post the Tammin article when it comes out I want to know why my favourite character Colleen got the axre :( Finally I want to find out the truth!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply