Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Melissa Reeves interview with Michael Fairman; she would return to DAYS....
Topic Started: Oct 7 2009, 02:11 AM (3,051 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It's a long interview with Melissa and Scott:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/article/articleItem.cfm?cms_article_id=119

Excerpts:

MICHAEL:Any possibility you would return to DAYS as Jennifer, and you Scott as Ryan’s twin on Y&R? (Laughs)

MELISSA:I always said, “If I were to go back to work, it would always be DAYS.” I wouldn’t feel right walking on to another set and it would be really hard. Days of our Lives is in my heart, and it just defined so much of my life when I was younger. Coming to California to work there was an amazing experience, and Ken Corday (exec prod, DAYS) was so good to me. That was my home and my second family.

MICHAEL:So it’s never out the realm of possibility for a Jen Horton sighting?

MELISSA:If they call…I mean, I don’t think that is where they are at that moment, but if they were to call I have a special place in my heart for DAYS, always.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Thanks Angie! I remember an interview with Matt Ashford from about a year and a half ago where he said something like, "Missy's not coming back. She's done." I haven't heard her talk like this in a while. However, I don't think Days is in any hurry to call her.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Oct 7 2009, 02:24 AM
Thanks Angie! I remember an interview with Matt Ashford from about a year and a half ago where he said something like, "Missy's not coming back. She's done." I haven't heard her talk like this in a while. However, I don't think Days is in any hurry to call her.

I remember that too. She seemed so against ever coming back. I think she hated what both Higley and JER did to her and Matt and she was just ready to cut ties to the show and move on. That last scene she had with Frances Reid felt so final.

This is a drastic tonal shift and I do remember rumors posted on this board that Days was contemplating bring J&J and Abby back. I think it would be a good idea because despite being a supercouple I think you can work them into the canvas and come up with interesting stuff for them. Besides, Carly and Jennifer were close and you have the Lawrence angle to play there. The show could use more Horton's and it would also give Stephanie more family around. It would also be interesting because Hope and Jennifer are family and Jennifer would definitely be conflicted between Carly and Hope. Good stuff.

If I were Days, I would at least explore the possibility of bringing them back, providing there is a purpose for them. Most fans will at least know who they are.

jane1978

This is... weird. Maybe Missy is getting bored being the doting housewife?

I don´t think it will happen anytime soon (the show doesn´t even know if there is a future for it past September 2010), but I hope someone from DAYS read the interview and made a note because this sounds almost like a clear message for them. Besides, both Langan and JER are gone and looking at the credits a lot of current associate writers are connected to the early 90´s era of DAYS.

I see a definite possibility. Corday always loved Missy. And Hope needs some friend in her age group. On the other side, I´m not sure if there is a place for another supercouple. No way they can return Jennifer without Jack, especially when MA is available and free to return. They didn´t have any idea what to do with Steve/Kayla and Bo/Hope (till CC became available) so why make the same mistake with J/J? To get another bump and vision story?

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Now this would work. I would be very glad to see Missy come back, even without Ashford in tow. The character has major ties to the show. She is a strong and feisty Horton woman, something I feel Days needs to stay balanced (Maggie is doing this, but two is better than one).

I could care less for Peck or Clarke. This would be a much better added asset to the show!

Mason
Member Avatar

God, just get her and Ashford back, already!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 7 2009, 08:11 AM
agree. i would love nothing more than to see them both back--especially matt. he has been sorely missed.

Ponz
Member Avatar

I've always figured the novelty of country life would wear off after a few years, particularly with Scott's music career going nowhere. Emily will be attending college in Santa Barbara so that's also a big incentive for them to move back. As for DAYS, I can't see Tomlin/Higley writing for a quirky couple like J&J but a short-term stunt for ratings wouldn't be a shock.

robolynn

Melissa Reeves and Matthew Ashford were always my favorites on the show. Please, Days, bring back this great couple! Jennifer and Jack would bring back so much history and they are missed!

Ellie

Ponz
Oct 7 2009, 08:36 AM
I can't see Tomlin/Higley writing for a quirky couple like J&J but a short-term stunt for ratings wouldn't be a shock.
MA&MR/J&J just seem too recent, 'mainstream' and popular for Tomlin to want to bring them back. I think he feels threatened by actors/characters like that.

The fact that Missy's talking like this tells me it's a sure sign she and MA haven't been approached at this point.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I dont know about this. On the one hand JJ were my first supercouple that I watched from the beginnings to the end when they fucked them over.
To that end, I dont think this crew can write for Jack. I hated the way they wrote for him the last time he came back. Total waste of his talents.
I think I'll take a pass on JJ for the moment.

Kailyn

as much as I love them I would hate them to come back because that would mean the writers could once again have a couple from the past that they could destroy I would much rather just watch my old dvds of jack and Jennifer and remember them that way. just think of all the crap they pull with Bo and Hope making them break up over trivial stupid plot driven stuff and tagging the title "storyline" to it as if watching adults continue to break up like Jr Highers is at all interesting. nah I say keep Jen and Jack safe tucked away wherever there adventures took them after they rode out of Salem.

Days4Life

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'd love to have Jack and Jennifer back. They were always two of my favorites.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I was pleasantly surprised to read that Missy would be interested in coming back to Days. J&J were one of my favorite couples and I'd love to have them back on the show. I'm just not sure that is in Days plans right now. At least Missy is open to it so maybe down the road it could be a possibility.

aimees76
Member Avatar

OMG, you don't even know how this has me jumping up and down in my seat!!!! I know she is saying that they would have to call, but holy balls, the fact that she is even OPEN to it is so exciting because I thought she was totally done!! YAY!! Oh this just totally made my morning!! :D
Yes, get her and Matt back, pronto!!! Carly needs her friend ;) Haha, oh and Hope needs someone to smack some sense into her. And I need Jack!!! :P

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

OMG,,I would be SOOOOOO happy if either came back..I am ALL for characters we KNOW and love and want to see..they could bring back an aged Jack Jr into the teen scene...I am thrilled that Missie even is open to this now.PLEASE make this happen DOOL!!
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Oct 7 2009, 11:35 AM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

If Days couldn't find stories for John/Marlena and Steve/Kayla, I doubt they would be able to find one for Jack/Jennifer...But i would still love to see them back sometime..I'm sure the next time we will see them will be for Alice's funeral, whenever that takes place.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I lost interest in Jack and Jennifer years ago, even though I really liked their original story. There are times when I think that not having Steve and Kayla or John and Marlena is a glaring absence, but I never even think about J & J.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Mason
Oct 7 2009, 08:11 AM
Amen!!! This is potentially GREAT news! How much more welcome a sight would J&J be than pretty much all the newcomers we've gotten in the past year?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't think there's any place for Jack and Jennifer on the show right now, but I'd love to see them return down the road.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply