Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC interview with Crystal Chappell
Topic Started: Oct 7 2009, 08:11 AM (1,179 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Features/Articles/091007_crystal_chappell_NB.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

TVG: And the rest is history. Why did you leave DAYS? There were rumours that you and Deidre Hall didnít get along.
CC: If there were issues with Deidre, I didnít know about them. I would guess that she didnít like me very much, but I could be wrong about that. I was a troubled young person. I was overworked. I made a lot of problems for myself. I was suicidal. I was in a very, very bad place. I left, not because I thought Iíd be a big star; I left because I needed to get my health back. As for the rifts, I donít know. I was very miserable to be around at that time. I spent most of time in between DAYS and One Life in therapy.
Wow. I love how open and honest she is.

Lucid
Member Avatar

I really really like her, straight shooter. She deserves all the success in the world

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I was very surprised to read her answers to why she left Days the first time. She's at a much better place in her life right now so this could be a very good thing for her.

Given all that went down during her first stint on Days, I understand her taking things slowly and being very quiet her first weeks on the set. She is feeling her way around again and as she said she doesn't want to step on any toes.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm happy to hear she has a 2 year contract. Great interview.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dylan76
Member Avatar

Of course Deidre didn't like her. The hag was jealous that Crystal was so popular, beautiful and had acting talent that she would never possess. I love Crystal and I am glad to finally know the real reason why she left all those years ago.

Kenny
Member Avatar

dylan76
Oct 7 2009, 07:19 PM
Of course Deidre didn't like her. The hag was jealous that Crystal was so popular, beautiful and had acting talent that she would never possess.
I doubt it was quite that simple. Crystal herself acknowledged that she wasn't exactly the best person to be around back then.

misch
Member Avatar

great interview. thanks for posting. i haven't been able to watch her yet on days but i love hearing about her.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

She has changed and evolved so much iver the past decade!! This was an excellent, powerful interview. I find her candor and enthusiasim for this industry very refreshing in this era. She is a bright spot in an industry that has seen its better days.

As for the Deidre/Crystal fued ( a small snipet in a very long interview..), it comes as no surprise, and all of us who watched the show and followed it back then remember that they did NOT get along. Crystal is being kind when she says she was not aware of Dee's feelings. Deidre may go running to the press when she's pissed (Ala Zimmer or Slezak), but she is outspoken behind the scenes.

Deidre had returned to Days in 1991, and the show shot to #2 in the ratings for a few weeks. After her initial return, and "The Tale of Two Romans", Days did not use Hall very much at all. Instead, they gave Chapelle the airtime. Carly would have page after page of dialouge, while Marlena would be used to prop other characters. Dee was jealous, and not amused. Her fans were outraged, and called for her to have a storyline. It resulted in a behind the scenes showdown.

You add the fact that Chapelle was unstable and easily upset. It was a problem that neither side wanted to solve. It was messy.

Now, years later, Dee is off the canvas and Chapelle comes back. It really is full circle. I think if they had to work with each other now, you would see a very different outcome. I think Hall, having been through a lot during the last few years, would be amicable. I also think Chapelle would be much more likely to reach out to Dee and work with her. The early 90's on soaps were different. There was much more to gain, and so much more to lose back then. It was an industry that had peaked less than a decade earlier, so the gloss and glamour associated with soaps was till in tact. Now, we'd see a much more contained situation.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Lucid
Oct 7 2009, 08:36 AM
I really really like her, straight shooter. She deserves all the success in the world
Yeah. I don't know her from before, but it's hard not to like her in interviews like this. She comes off...real. Candid without casting anyone in a negative light, confident without arrogance, genuine humility. If she really is that way- cool, I dig that. If it's all an elaborate act (doesn't seem like it, though)- cool, I look forward to her bringing that talent to the show.

Thanks for the interview!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply