Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Carly rescues Rafe; Oct 20th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Oct 7 2009, 11:14 AM (3,603 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features a short interview with Crystal Chappell.

Carly's plane has to make an emergency landing, and then her friend Omar takes her away on his boat. Chappell explains that Omar is "an old friend" of Carly's, and Carly asks him to sail her to Salem. While Carly is on the boat, she remembers what led to Lawrence's murder. Chappell says that Carly and Lawrence had a big argument, and Carly tried to leave but Lawrence wouldn't let her. "So, she was trying to get out from under his control."

Carly and Omar's boat passes Rafe's body floating in the water. Chappell explains that Omar says that they shouldn't take Rafe on the boat, since Omar "knows who this guy is, and people are trying to come after Carly", but Carly tells Omar that they must help him. They pull Rafe out of the water, and he is hypothermic and has cuts on his head.

However, Rafe regains consciousness when someone on the boat threatens Carly's life. Chappell says, "After what she did to Lawrence, there are people all over the place trying to get to her." The man on the boat points a gun at her and tries to kill her, but Rafe jumps up and knocks the gun out of the man's hand. Then, Rafe collapses again...

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Why, Carly, WHY?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Oct 7 2009, 11:14 AM
Chappell explains that Omar says that they shouldn't take Rafe on the boat, since Omar "knows who this guy is, and people are trying to come after Carly"
Omar knows who Rafe is? Weird.

Also, just how much more of a white knight does Rafe need to be? I get it, show.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Oh Carly..... :shame:

How long has Rafe been floating in the water? Meredith pushed him in awhile ago. Why is he still alive?

Thanks for posting Ellie. :)

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Why is a great question let his wooden ass float on down the river..How does Omar know who that lump is??Thanks Ellie

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie. I can't wait to find out how Omar knows Rafe, sounds great.

Manda1

Looks like more of Rafe's past will be revealed via Omar. Looking forward to seeing Rafe kick butt before he collapses...these hero types.... :tounge: Go Rafe! :jedi:

But what is the likelyhood of seeing someone you 'know or know of' floating in the ocean :lol:

Manda1

mbdimera
Oct 7 2009, 11:27 AM

How long has Rafe been floating in the water? Meredith pushed him in awhile ago. Why is he still alive?

Remember the Ejole wedding that was almost over 3-weeks broadcasting but was one Salem day?

I think we'll find out that Salem is having another one of those days right now so Rafe's only been floating for 10 minutes before Carly finds him :lol:

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm interested in Omar and his friendship with Carly. How does he know Rafe? Thanks for posting.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

mbdimera
Oct 7 2009, 11:27 AM

Wood floats, doesn't it? :huh:

And seriously? How contrived and ridiculous a plot point can this be? Don't get me wrong...I'm happy enough that this is taking Rafe even further out of the baby switch storyline...but SuperRafe and his conveniently timed heroics are a joke.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I don't think this is pulling Rafe farther out of the babyswitch storyline at all. He will right back in the thick of it when he returns to Salem. He has all the info to tell Sami about Sydney. Time is going so slowly in Salem right now, that 5 or 6 days in our time are like 1 in theirs, so Rafe hasn't been in the water long, it just seems like a long time b/c they are dragging their feet with this.

Manda1

I see it more as a possible intersectionality of storylines if Chad is the kid Carly is coming back to find and if Bo was the father Chad would be a Kiriakis grandson a lot of potential drama if they go there.......what this may mean though is the set up for the next storline Rafe will be involved in - really interested in finding out how Omar knows him! This will be linked to Rafe's backstory no doubt.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 7 2009, 12:21 PM
I don't think this is pulling Rafe farther out of the babyswitch storyline at all. He will right back in the thick of it when he returns to Salem. He has all the info to tell Sami about Sydney. Time is going so slowly in Salem right now, that 5 or 6 days in our time are like 1 in theirs, so Rafe hasn't been in the water long, it just seems like a long time b/c they are dragging their feet with this.
We'll see. I believe Rafe will end up recuperating at his sis's house...and during that time Sami is still interacting with EJ, Sydney and Nicole based on the script that Ali tweeted a picture of - that is scheduled to air at the end of this month.

In addition, we know that Chad has scenes with Justin, presumably representing him as his lawyer in a custody case over Sydney.

So...when it would seem that Rafe won't be making any big revelations as soon as he hits Salem...and not for at least the next several weeks.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

yay our hero rafe even half dead he still jumps in to action

Posted Image

Manda1

SocRMum1
Oct 7 2009, 12:29 PM
magicsteacher
We'll see. I believe Rafe will end up recuperating at his sis's house...and during that time Sami is still interacting with EJ, Sydney and Nicole based on the script that Ali tweeted a picture of - that is scheduled to air at the end of this month.

In addition, we know that Chad has scenes with Justin, presumably representing him as his lawyer in a custody case over Sydney.

So...when it would seem that Rafe won't be making any big revelations as soon as he hits Salem...and not for at least the next several weeks.
ITA agree there won't be much from Rafe when he's returned to Arianna but Ali's recent tweets show she's been running lines with GG an has been having lunch with him AZ an JS almost daily so there's a lot of interaction at some point up ahead.

Nicole Walker

I love Rafe! Go Rafe!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Manda1
Oct 7 2009, 12:37 PM
SocRMum1
magicsteacher

ITA agree there won't be much from Rafe when he's returned to Arianna but Ali's recent tweets show she's been running lines with GG an has been having lunch with him AZ an JS almost daily so there's a lot of interaction at some point up ahead.
Exactly. I suspect we won't see those scenes until mid-November or so - likely during Sweeps. Who knows where the story will be at that point or who will be revealing what to whom. I think the fact that Rafe learned what he did as early as he did was a red herring for the audience at that time - just another opportunity for people to feel like the truth was just about to come out - and then he's removed from the story for the next several weeks.

Manda1

SocRMum1
Oct 7 2009, 12:47 PM
Manda1
Oct 7 2009, 12:37 PM
SocRMum1
magicsteacher

Exactly. I suspect we won't see those scenes until mid-November or so - likely during Sweeps. Who knows where the story will be at that point or who will be revealing what to whom. I think the fact that Rafe learned what he did as early as he did was a red herring for the audience at that time - just another opportunity for people to feel like the truth was just about to come out - and then he's removed from the story for the next several weeks.
Well we don't know yet if he is 'out of the storyline' or operating under the radar because he knows that Stephano brought Meredith to town and will also assume that he put him up to his kidnapping and attempted murder. We may find Arianna tasked with trying to get the items needed to test Sami, Grace, Nicole and Sydney's DNA as we know that Rafe knows everything in theory but needs the evidence to verify if he's supicions are accurate.

I think that Rafe has everything figured out for a reason that will come into play later - everyone else in the storyline is starting to catch up with bits of the truth but at the moment Stephano, Nicole, Rafe and the not-so-dead Dr Baker are the only ones who know the whole story.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I wonder how Omar knows Rafe. That's interesting.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Ok, so he is wounded and unconscious but somehow wakes up in time to knock a gun out of a guy's hand; after which he collapses again?? LOL! That sounds so stupid.

Thanks, Ellie!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply