Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Carly rescues Rafe; Oct 20th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Oct 7 2009, 11:14 AM (3,617 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 7 2009, 01:21 PM
Ok, so he is wounded and unconscious but somehow wakes up in time to knock a gun out of a guy's hand; after which he collapses again?? LOL! That sounds so stupid.
These writers never miss an opportunity to pimp his character.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

I don't think it's stupid at all, I called this I knew he was gonna rescue Carly. The white knight is at it again. Just enough energy to save the daimsel. I don't think it's hard to figure out, people are after Carly, for killing her husband. Sounds like Omar might know he's an FBI agent or was, what we were first told about Rafe makes me think he didn't do much undercover work.

CapeSafe

( Carly and Omar's boat passes Rafe's body floating in the water. Chappell explains that Omar says that they shouldn't take Rafe on the boat, since Omar "knows who this guy is, and people are trying to come after Carly", but Carly tells Omar that they must help him. They pull Rafe out of the water, and he is hypothermic and has cuts on his head. )

The connection to Omar sounds good...especially with Erick Avari playing the role....
Our hero will be well enough to tell the truth about the baby switch as soon as he has the DNA proof, which is what will stall him telling Sami initially... :cheer:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

mbdimera
Oct 7 2009, 11:27 AM
Oh Carly..... :shame:

How long has Rafe been floating in the water? Meredith pushed him in awhile ago. Why is he still alive?

Thanks for posting Ellie. :)
Good question. I don't see how it can be minutes later or even still be the same day. Wasn't it dark out when she pushed him in? Hasn't Sami had 2 outfit changes since and 2 different job interviews?

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I've been thinking Carly could somehow be connected to Rafe's past............can't quite put my finger on how, but it's sounding like there is some kind of connection.

Cupcake06

Rafe knocking the gun away...hilarious!

I think you're probably right, kitkat, about Omar knowing Rafe is an FBI agent.

Taelyn

I love that they are infact inhancing Rafes role as "The White Knight" Hero.
I see this helping to intigrate with more of the cast and that truly needs to happen.
Im positive this also will play into his and Sami's reuniting.
And ofcourse Carly has to help him, She is a "Doctor" Im hoping he doesnt have amnesia, but he took some pretty hard hits so if he does it could simply be limited or atleast short term..
But no matter what happens im confident that SAFE will reunite.. The writers have stayed consitant in having her talk and think about how much she loves him.. Even Wil has remarked on it, I dont see EJ as an "emotional" threat to SAFE at all. That ship sailed ... and sunk.

jane1978

Angie79
Oct 7 2009, 04:14 PM
mbdimera

How long has Rafe been floating in the water? Meredith pushed him in awhile ago. Why is he still alive?

Good question. I don't see how it can be minutes later or even still be the same day. Wasn't it dark out when she pushed him in? Hasn't Sami had 2 outfit changes since and 2 different job interviews?
Itīs still the same day. Meredith threw him in the river on friday, which was clearly presented as a new day morning.

michelle
Member Avatar

JUST DIE RAFE DIE!

PLEASE. THIS IS JUST STUPID STUPID WRITING.

Bopefan

Manda1
Oct 7 2009, 12:27 PM
I see it more as a possible intersectionality of storylines if Chad is the kid Carly is coming back to find and if Bo was the father Chad would be a Kiriakis grandson a lot of potential drama if they go there.......what this may mean though is the set up for the next storline Rafe will be involved in - really interested in finding out how Omar knows him! This will be linked to Rafe's backstory no doubt.
That would make no sense for Chad to be Bo's child. For one Carly couldn't have anymore children and another Chad is younger than Chelsea and Bo was with Carly a couple years before Billie first.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Bopefan
Oct 7 2009, 04:48 PM
Manda1
I see it more as a possible intersectionality of storylines if Chad is the kid Carly is coming back to find and if Bo was the father Chad would be a Kiriakis grandson a lot of potential drama if they go there.......what this may mean though is the set up for the next storline Rafe will be involved in - really interested in finding out how Omar knows him! This will be linked to Rafe's backstory no doubt.
That would make no sense for Chad to be Bo's child. For one Carly couldn't have anymore children and another Chad is younger than Chelsea and Bo was with Carly a couple years before Billie first.
Thank God!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I remember John floating in the Ocean after John and Marlena's wedding for what seemed like days on end. But I still LOVED every minute of that wedding.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

jane1978
Oct 7 2009, 04:44 PM
Angie79
Oct 7 2009, 04:14 PM
mbdimera

Itīs still the same day. Meredith threw him in the river on friday, which was clearly presented as a new day morning.
Ok, I skimmed through Friday's show and it was morning when she did this, and it is still the same day right now. It still doesn't make the time make sense though. He was unconcious when thrown into the water; he would have died within seconds. Carly doesn't even find him until next week. They could have at least had him wash up to shore somewhere and be found there.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Oct 7 2009, 04:36 PM
I love that they are infact inhancing Rafes role as "The White Knight" Hero.
I see this helping to intigrate with more of the cast and that truly needs to happen.
Im positive this also will play into his and Sami's reuniting.
And ofcourse Carly has to help him, She is a "Doctor" Im hoping he doesnt have amnesia, but he took some pretty hard hits so if he does it could simply be limited or atleast short term..
But no matter what happens im confident that SAFE will reunite.. The writers have stayed consitant in having her talk and think about how much she loves him.. Even Wil has remarked on it, I dont see EJ as an "emotional" threat to SAFE at all. That ship sailed ... and sunk.
Wonderful post and so right on.
The writers have spent a long time slowly building the romance between Sami and Rafe.
Now, as you said, both Sami and Rafe are still thinking of each other, talking about their love for each other to others, dreaming about each other. Other major characters on the show are telling Sami how much Rafe loves her-- even his sister and her own son.
SAFE will reunite as a stronger and more loving couple.

jane1978

Bopefan
Manda1
Are we watching the same show where EJ was born in 1999 and Chelsea was a dead fetus in 1997? Age means nothing for the show. Everybody can be sorased and desorased as needed. Besides, that Carly has someone dear to her in Salem is not a rumour, it was spoiled by CC, and because we now know itīs not Rafe (Carly doesnīt know who he is and she never met him before) the child is almost a sure bet. We just donīt which from the current set it is (Melanie, Mia, or most likely Chad) and who is the father.

kitkat
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 7 2009, 06:43 PM
Bopefan
Manda1
Are we watching the same show where EJ was born in 1999 and Chelsea was a dead fetus in 1997? Age means nothing for the show. Everybody can be sorased and desorased as needed. Besides, that Carly has someone dear to her in Salem is not a rumour, it was spoiled by CC, and because we now know itīs not Rafe (Carly doesnīt know who he is and she never met him before) the child is almost a sure bet. We just donīt which from the current set it is (Melanie, Mia, or most likely Chad) and who is the father.
Do you realize Will is older than EJ--- Just FYI. Year of birth is definitely irrelevant.

daisy132

EjsGaGirl
Oct 7 2009, 11:32 AM
Why is a great question let his wooden ass float on down the river..How does Omar know who that lump is??Thanks Ellie
Let`s rename Rafe Zatara (driftwood in Italian)!!

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Am I supposed to care about what happens to Rafe? By all means, bleed to death. Please. I have no feelings towards Carly, but if she saves Rafe... girl's going on my shit list.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Oct 7 2009, 11:21 PM
Am I supposed to care about what happens to Rafe? By all means, bleed to death. Please. I have no feelings towards Carly, but if she saves Rafe... girl's going on my shit list.
:laugh: He's Days new white knight..of course you're supposed to care :sleep:

mirabella

Thanks for posting. I am loving that our White Knight is going to be involved with more of the Salemites. Good for him. Can't wait to see him again next week.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply