Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Chad learns Sydney is "his".; Oct 20th issues; Article Summaries
Topic Started: Oct 7 2009, 11:27 AM (4,238 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features an interview with Casey Deidrick (Chad).

Chad overhears Mia and Nicole discussing the baby that Nicole adopted, and he figures out that it was his daughter with Mia. (He is unaware that the babies were switched.) Chad confronts Mia, and she admits it's true.

Chad is very angry and goes to the DiMera mansion to try to get his baby. EJ answers the door, and at first, as Deidrick explains, "[EJ] is like, 'Excuse me? What are you talking about, kid?'" But then Chad tells EJ everything, and EJ puts things together for himself.

EJ calls Nicole and asks her to come home. She's very happy, because she thinks EJ wants to get back together with her. However, her happiness ends when she sees Chad at the house. Nicole confesses that she didn't adopt Sydney legally. Meanwhile, Chad keeps asking to keep Sydney. But as Deidrick says, "Anyone can come off the street and say, 'This is my daughter' without any proof, so Chad can't take her."

EJ tells Chad to leave, and Chad goes to see Mia. Chad tells Mia he met Sydney, and then as SOD says, he "unloads on her, calling her names and telling her he hates her." Deidrick explains that Chad is angry because he realizes that Mia's been lying to him all along, and he is completely determined at this point to get his baby back, no matter what Mia says or does.

SOW:Nicole vs. Chad

Another shocker threatens to blow apart Nicole's baby switch scam, when Chad learns that Nicole and EJ adopted "his" daughter.

"It's Nicole's worst nightmare, having Mia's boyfriend found out about Sydney," insists AZ. "Here's this bratty teenager with this huge ego, and Nicole has to figure out how to handle him."

Chad uncovers the "truth" when Nicole visits Mia and tells her that the secret is out; EJ knows Sydney isn't his child. Mia freaks, but Nicole insists that the situation is under control. "Nicole is delusional. She thinks she's getting back together with EJ," admits Zucker. Nicole wants Mia to stay calm, because she could start to panic and tell people what's going on.

Nicole doesn't know that Chad overhears their conversation. After Nicole leaves, Chad questions Mia and quickly realizes "his" daughter was adopted by Nicole. He heads to the DiMera mansion. He finds EJ and announces that he is Sydney's father. EJ calls Nicole and summons her home.

Nicole returns to the mansion with Sydney and is expecting a happy reconciliation. Then she sees Chad and realizes this is not a good situation. Of course, Nicole tries to cover and asks why a teenager is in their house. "He asks to hold Sydney, and Nicole is like, 'No, you're a complete stranger.' EJ doesn't let Chad touch the baby. He's trying to put everything in perspective."

EJ tells Chad to leave because has no proof to support his claim. Alone with EJ, Nicole opens up about how she came to have Sydney. Nicole tells EJ that Mia wanted her to be Sydney's mother because Chad left her and wasn't around. She doesn't say anything about not adopting her legally; the less she admits, the better.

EJ admits he had second thoughts about Sydney and has decided that he wants her in his life, but not Nicole. "Nicole is expecting their whole family to bet together again," says AZ. "That's her way back into EJ's life. So to hear this is devastating. Then EJ kicks both her and Sydney out of the house."

Nicole realizes she has to come up with a way to stop this situation from spinning out of control. She heads to an unconscious Stefano's hospital bedside.

"Stefano has been Nicole's rock. Who knows? Maybe he'll wake up," proposes AZ. "She spews out all these heartfelt feelings and tells him she doesn't know what to do."

Nicole realizes she has to stop Chad from getting a DNA test. She decides to think like Stefano and comes up with an idea. "She calls Chad to meet her," reveals AZ, teasing that Nicole is planning "a manipulation, any way you look at it. It's all out of desperation. She will go to any lengths to keep Sydney."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie.

Looking forward to the Chad/EJ scenes. :D

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

This is exactly how I thought it would go down,when they brought back Chad.Thanks so much Ellie!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Oct 7 2009, 11:27 AM
Chad overhears Mia and Nicole discussing the baby that Nicole adopted, and he figures out that it was his daughter with Mia.
Obviously, Chad is a pro at eavesdropping; isn't that how he found out Mia had a baby in the first place?

So this must be where Chad figures out he needs a lawyer. (Incidentally, have the writers forgotten about the DiMera birthmark, whatever it is?)

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks, months and months no one overheard Nicole now everyone is :D

Manda1

samixxx
Oct 7 2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks, months and months no one overheard Nicole now everyone is :D
Rafe started it when he overheard her talking on her cell to Doc Baker and now everyone's ears are becoming unblocked - at the rate of one new person a week :lol:

Lucid
Member Avatar

Team Chad!

Livie

Lucid
Oct 7 2009, 12:06 PM
Team Chad!
Me too! He brings out the twenty two year old cougar in me!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Thanks for posting, Ellie! Any movement in this story is great, as far as I'm concerned. I'm very curious to see how Nicole handles all of this. Allowing EJ to think his worst nightmare is coming true - that someone would come knocking at the door to reclaim 'his' daughter and not come clean and tell EJ the truth? Pretty shitty, Nicole...pretty damned shitty. :shame:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sounds good.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW:Nicole vs. Chad

Another shocker threatens to blow apart Nicole's baby switch scam, when Chad learns that Nicole and EJ adopted "his" daughter.

"It's Nicole's worst nightmare, having Mia's boyfriend found out about Sydney," insists AZ. "Here's this bratty teenager with this huge ego, and Nicole has to figure out how to handle him."

Chad uncovers the "truth" when Nicole visits Mia and tells her that the secret is out; EJ knows Sydney isn't his child. Mia freaks, but Nicole insists that the situation is under control. "Nicole is delusional. She thinks she's getting back together with EJ," admits Zucker. Nicole wants Mia to stay calm, because she could start to panic and tell people what's going on.

Nicole doesn't know that Chad overhears their conversation. After Nicole leaves, Chad questions Mia and quickly realizes "his" daughter was adopted by Nicole. He heads to the DiMera mansion. He finds EJ and announces that he is Sydney's father. EJ calls Nicole and summons her home.

Nicole returns to the mansion with Sydney and is expecting a happy reconciliation. Then she sees Chad and realizes this is not a good situation. Of course, Nicole tries to cover and asks why a teenager is in their house. "He asks to hold Sydney, and Nicole is like, 'No, you're a complete stranger.' EJ doesn't let Chad touch the baby. He's trying to put everything in perspective."

EJ tells Chad to leave because has no proof to support his claim. Alone with EJ, Nicole opens up about how she came to have Sydney. Nicole tells EJ that Mia wanted her to be Sydney's mother because Chad left her and wasn't around. She doesn't say anything about not adopting her legally; the less she admits, the better.

EJ admits he had second thoughts about Sydney and has decided that he wants her in his life, but not Nicole. "Nicole is expecting their whole family to bet together again," says AZ. "That's her way back into EJ's life. So to hear this is devastating. Then EJ kicks both her and Sydney out of the house."

Nicole realizes she has to come up with a way to stop this situation from spinning out of control. She heads to an unconscious Stefano's hospital bedside.

"Stefano has been Nicole's rock. Who knows? Maybe he'll wake up," proposes AZ. "She spews out all these heartfelt feelings and tells him she doesn't know what to do."

Nicole realizes she has to stop Chad from getting a DNA test. She decides to think like Stefano and comes up with an idea. "She calls Chad to meet her," reveals AZ, teasing that Nicole is planning "a manipulation, any way you look at it. It's all out of desperation. She will go to any lengths to keep Sydney."

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Oh EJ, more fool you. Get your DiMera on and figure the shyte out.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Well I am glad to hear that now that he's had time to think about it EJ is stepping up to protect Sydney and keep her in his life.

Love Ari's "Nicole is delusional" comment. :lol: Preach it, sista!

Thanks for posting!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Delusional is definitely the best word to describe Nicole.

I still don't get why Nicole thinks that Stefano would help her in this situation. I mean... now that the secret's out it'd really be for the best for Stefano to play dumb and deny his part in the whole keeping the truth about Grace and Sydney from EJ and act as if he's just now discovering that Sydney is actually EJ's bio child so he can keep that DiMera heir under his roof and cut Nicole loose as needed.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i do find it a bit unbelievable that a teenage boy somehow ends up being more responsible and caring toward his baby than the biological mother in question. hell, before nicole met mia, she was in talks to sell her baby through baker. she actually did end up selling her to a woman that she knew was lying and pretending that the baby was her. then in swoops her surprisingly mature boyfriend who actually seeems to want this child. color me surprised, as you don't often see that in real life.

i hope for ej's sake, he tries to take sydney back before he learns the truth about her paternity. i like ej, and i have forgiven him a lot, but throwing a defenseless baby out on the street is a whole other thing. as characters so often like to remind us, ej's one saving grace is his love for his kids. if he doesn't have that, then he's just a cold unfeeling monster like stefano, and i'd prefer not to think that about him. and please don't give me the lame excuse ej gave lexie yesterday about not knowing who might come take his baby. he's a dimera. he can make sydney his through either legal or not-so-legal channels. he just has to want to.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 9 2009, 07:46 AM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

luv - that has been my problem too with EJ.
All we hear is what a wonderful father he is, and he has been living with his daughter for what, 9 months? Yet just because he finds out Nicole has been lying, he abandons his daughter for what it seems like twice? So much so that Sami is giving Nicole money?
And as a Dimera dealing with his kids, EJ could make Sydney his and have Chad committed if he wanted. Hell, if Sami can come up with phony adoption papers, so can EJ. What an selfish, indefensive action! So unredeemable! ;)

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ And..what kind of DiMera gives up that easily? Sure, he's sick of the lies and everyone betraying him, but Sydney never did. I can understand him kicking Nicole out, but Syd? DiMeras can do and have done ANYTHING!
Its really sad when you have very little sympathy for the character that got screwed over by TWO women. I want Steffy to tell him off!

ges
Member Avatar

Lucid
Oct 7 2009, 12:06 PM
Team Chad!
Nicole is going to try to sexually abuse a high school student? :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Oct 9 2009, 07:45 AM
i do find it a bit unbelievable that a teenage boy somehow ends up being more responsible and caring toward his baby than the biological mother in question. hell, before nicole met mia, she was in talks to sell her baby through baker. she actually did end up selling her to a woman that she knew was lying and pretending that the baby was her. then in swoops her surprisingly mature boyfriend who actually seeems to want this child. color me surprised, as you don't often see that in real life.

i hope for ej's sake, he tries to take sydney back before he learns the truth about her paternity. i like ej, and i have forgiven him a lot, but throwing a defenseless baby out on the street is a whole other thing. as characters so often like to remind us, ej's one saving grace is his love for his kids. if he doesn't have that, then he's just a cold unfeeling monster like stefano, and i'd prefer not to think that about him. and please don't give me the lame excuse ej gave lexie yesterday about not knowing who might come take his baby. he's a dimera. he can make sydney his through either legal or not-so-legal channels. he just has to want to.
I absolutely agree with your comments about EJ. I will hate it if they don't quickly show that once he's over the initial shock he focuses on his love for Sydney - despite not realizing she's his biological daughter. It never mattered with Allie when the twins were small and he was helping Sami raise them...it most certainly shouldn't matter now. They've already established this character has the capacity to love children despite having a genetic connection to him.

Good point about Chad and Mia, too. I have always found it very odd the way they've written Mia. There were times when she seemed very torn up about having given up her baby - but I think they've focused too strongly on the fact that Mia felt a bond to Grace (her true biological daughter) but not to Sydney. I get why - but I think it was overplayed.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I have never had much sympathy for Mia for the reasons luvpumpkns describes. She willingly sold her baby illegally, without even telling the father she was pregnant, to a woman who she knew very little about except that she was faking a pregnancy, which even a teenager ought to grasp is not normal behavior. Then it wasn't until her Flashdance career in Japan didn't pan out (one of the greatest WTF? moments of this past year) that she decided she wanted to be around her baby.

As for Chad, I don't buy that he really wants his baby, like, to raise and to have. I think he's mostly pissed that Mia made all the decisions and to some extent this is a way to get back at her and also a way to reassert some control. I don't really believe that if EJ had handed him Sydney and said fine, you take her, that he would really have wanted to be her parent; I mean, I just don't have any reason to believe that he would.

As for Nicole and Chad, undoubtedly that is disgusting, as other spoilers indicate. I was furious with Dena for having Philip seduce teenage Melanie last year for information about Trent's murder, and I find this "manipulation" equally disturbing. I'm not sure how far it goes, but I wish this writing team would lose their enchantment with adults hooking up with teenagers, whether it's as part of a scheme or that they genuinely like them. The one bright spot for me is that unlike with Phelony, I don't think they're going to be revisiting Nicole/Chad down the road, though if there's any talk between them about seeing into each other's souls or whatever that nonsense is that Melanie spews right before I hit the FF button I'll be concerned.
Edited by Paxton, Oct 9 2009, 09:46 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply