Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Chad learns Sydney is "his".; Oct 20th issues; Article Summaries
Topic Started: Oct 7 2009, 11:27 AM (4,172 Views)
michelle
Member Avatar

I think EJ is too shocked and stunned to think rationally at the moment and he's been drinking a bit. I think when he sobers up and thinks this through, he will try to get Sydney back asap and focus on the fact that he does love her, whether they are related biologically or not.

First he dealt with all the Sami bullshit about lies and deceit over a child. Now the woman he loves and trusts blows him away with her lies over their child, while finding out his dad is in the hospital dying (potentially) - everything happening at once.

This guy is not having the best day.

I have often said things I absolutely do not mean under extreme stress.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I find it hilarious that EJ is the shit here. He is shell-shocked. He has been betrayed by Nicole and Sami. He thought he had this "family" only to find it is all based on lies. He explained very clearly what he is thinking. He admitted to Lexie how much he loves his daughter and how connected to her he feels, but, he is terrified. So far in his life, the only love that has not been hurtful has been his love for Johnny. He thinks this child could be ripped away from him. As an attorney, he knows the hold he has on the baby is not legal. No adoptions papers were ever signed by him( or anyone). The other babythief Rafe did not give Nicole phony adoption papers for that baby. So EJ thinks that he cannot stand one more blow. He doesn't want to be devastated all over again by the baby "true" parents.

All of this is Nicole's fault. She stole another woman's baby. She lied to the man she claimed to love. She said she did all this for him. Yet when push comes to shove, her love of herself and her need to keep the child she stole overrides EJ's right to the truth.

This latest scheme with Chad is more of the same. It seems Nicole plans to seduce Chad, a teenager, to get her way. Same old Nicole, only this one whines and blames everyone for the mess her sorry life is in-even Brady.

IMO, for all his faults EJ is not the villain here, Nicole is and only Nicole. The rest of the group are mere pawns in the nasty game of "Let's Steal a Child".

lastDays
Member Avatar

Is there any more despicable character in Salem right now than Nicole? I thought kate was bad,but what Nicole has done has wrecked so many lives.They don't get any lower than this pathetic bitch

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

I'm actually enjoying Ej getting kicked while he is down. I like this boy when he's bad and if this whole switch doesn't do it for him, nothing will. Ej just didn't excite me when he's was trying to be all goody goody. It was to forced like the Lucas n Chloe match. Pukefest! Maybe Ej will stick to his word and except what was left of his heart is gone. So hopefully all this lying crap will push him so far over the edge he makes his fatha look like a saint. Now that's an EJ I can dig! Druglore n all!

Mason
Member Avatar

lastDays
Oct 10 2009, 09:03 AM
Is there any more despicable character in Salem right now than Nicole? I thought kate was bad,but what Nicole has done has wrecked so many lives.They don't get any lower than this pathetic bitch
I'm pretty sure Stefano and Victor have done a lot worse in their day.

daisy132

daysknowitall
Oct 10 2009, 09:38 AM
I'm actually enjoying Ej getting kicked while he is down. I like this boy when he's bad and if this whole switch doesn't do it for him, nothing will. Ej just didn't excite me when he's was trying to be all goody goody. It was to forced like the Lucas n Chloe match. Pukefest! Maybe Ej will stick to his word and except what was left of his heart is gone. So hopefully all this lying crap will push him so far over the edge he makes his fatha look like a saint. Now that's an EJ I can dig! Druglore n all!

EJ is down, but don't hold your breath about him becoming evil. I think you will be disappointed.

IMO this is a storyline about his redemption, not him becoming evil. I always belived that, and his latest conversation with Lexie reinforced my belief. He said something like "why didn't she talk to me? Am I such a brute?". This is about EJ "looking at his reflection in the mirror" and recognizing why two women he loves chose to decieve him.

I like EJ gray. His character is about someone "with a heart" that had been conditioned to be a "pawn" who is always fighting against his conflictions. The good conquers, it did before, and it will again. EJ is a Dimera, but so is Lexie and so was Tony. And neither of them were evil.

Rafe will stay around (this is what the wishing for an evil EJ comes from IMO), and maybe he'll be paired off with Carly and we can all enjoy him. Here's hoping.
Edited by daisy132, Oct 10 2009, 06:42 PM.

Manda1

EJ's in pain yes, what Nicole has done is terrible but putting Sydney out on the streets with Nicole because he is scared of the pain of losing her to her real parents is pathetic, selfish and cowardly. And in my opinion very un-Dimera like, they are fighters. It's the act of a deadbeat Dad if ever there was one. :drunk: And so what if he has been drinking heavily? He stone cold sober in Monday's eppy and Sydney'a still out on her ass with her Mom. Very self centred. :soapbox:

Marian

Manda1
Oct 10 2009, 07:21 PM
EJ's in pain yes, what Nicole has done is terrible but putting Sydney out on the streets with Nicole because he is scared of the pain of losing her to her real parents is pathetic, selfish and cowardly. And in my opinion very un-Dimera like, they are fighters. It's the act of a deadbeat Dad if ever there was one. :drunk: And so what if he has been drinking heavily? He stone cold sober in Monday's eppy and Sydney'a still out on her ass with her Mom. Very self centred. :soapbox:
EJ is in shock. He has so much to work through. He's not thinking with his heart right now or he'll fall apart. He's thinking with his head. He's thinking facts. He's thinking 'my wife deceived me, can't trust her anymore, without trust there's no marriage', 'sydney isn't mine, I don't have any legal rights to her anymore, I can't look after her anymore, I have no right to love her anymore'. If he was a true brute, he would hand Syd over to Chad after Nicole comes clean rather than telling Nicole to leave with Syd. Once he gets over the initial shock and starts to let himself feel, he'll want Syd back even if he still thinks she's Chad's, I'm sure.

Manda1

Marian
Oct 10 2009, 09:05 PM
Manda1
EJ is in shock. He has so much to work through. He's not thinking with his heart right now or he'll fall apart. He's thinking with his head. He's thinking facts. He's thinking 'my wife deceived me, can't trust her anymore, without trust there's no marriage', 'sydney isn't mine, I don't have any legal rights to her anymore, I can't look after her anymore, I have no right to love her anymore'. If he was a true brute, he would hand Syd over to Chad after Nicole comes clean rather than telling Nicole to leave with Syd. Once he gets over the initial shock and starts to let himself feel, he'll want Syd back even if he still thinks she's Chad's, I'm sure.
'sydney isn't mine, I don't have any legal rights to her anymore, I can't look after her anymore, I have no right to love her anymore'........

Oh so that's why he's thrown the baby out? Sydney has to have an uncomfortable night in unfamiliar surroundings because he wants to protect himself from too much pain down the road...right...

It's stll a deeply selfish act for a Daddy - biology dosn't make a father in its truest sense and EJ is proving that by throwing a very vulnrable Sydney out! :shame: Then EJ insists on seeing and holding Johnny [who is already asleep] so that he can feel better....I see a clear pattern of selfishness here.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

lastDays
Oct 10 2009, 09:03 AM
I don't think what Nicole has done is the worst thing ever seen in Salem. Sami did a lot of despicable things especially back in the day when she wanted Austin from Carrie. Kate trying to kill Chloe is far worse than what Nicole has done, IMO. Nicole didn't kill anyone.

Gina
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns, ITA with your comments .But especially your last sentence:
"he's a dimera. he can make sydney his through either legal or not-so-legal channels. he just has to want to".

True......He just HAS to want to....and I hope he eventually does.

Nicole Walker

Yep EJ has to want it. If he can do all this other crap to get what he wants then there is no excuse for him not wanting to fight for Sydney unless he doesn't want to cause she's not biologically connected to him or Johnny. Right now EJ is looking really bad and this is also showing the difference between Rafe and EJ. Rafe loved Grace with every fiber of his bean eventhough she wasn't his child, he wanted to protect her and make sure she had a good life. That's loving unconditionally.

michelle
Member Avatar

Please do not compare Rafe and EJ ever. Uh Rafe didn't find out about his "child" through lies and deception. Sami told him and he got the chance to fall in love with that baby in her belly and then spend time with her after she was born. No secrets, no lies.

If Rafe's spouse/partner/whatever had been lying to him for the last 18 months, I don't know that he would just accept it immediately either.

I can't believe people are blaming EJ for this. What the fuck? He finds out the woman he loves and is married to has lied to him constantly after knowing how much he was hurt by Sami's lies about Grace and then Nic does the same thing and he's supposed to just say - oh it's okay - I'm not upset!!!!

He will obviously realize he wants Sydney and has said how much he loves her - but the initial reaction is just shock and anger! I don't think he knows what to do, he just wants Nicole out.

On top of the fact that his father is lying in the hospital dying! Give the guy a break!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I'm not getting into a Rafe EJ contest..but I do have to comment on EJs actions with regards to Sydney. Regardless of biology, he and Nicole raised that little girl for 9 months. He was uber protective to her up until they were in France for their honeymoon. Now, Nicole's lies come out and he dumps the baby? HUH?

I had expected EJ would have dumped Nicole. He doesnt forgive (but has had been forgiven.) I'm sad that the writers chose to write EJ this way. He comes out looking like an asshole...plain and simple.

He just validated what Nicole has always been saying- that the would never accept a baby that wasnt blood related. Add to the fact that she also said that he married her for Sydney.

It just really doesnt make sense for a DiMera to be afraid of ANY ONE taking what's "theirs." They fight with everything they have..and not cower to others.

I'm not saying he shouldnt be upset...but he should have the opposite reaction....taking Sydney from Nicole and throwing her out....not rejecting Sydney!

Manda1

I am not denying his right to be upset I'm just saying why has Sydney been thrown out like trash? That tot is innocent not to mention her being waaaaay too cute to throw out! :laugh:

Manda1

Liz<3Days
Oct 12 2009, 09:45 AM
I'm not getting into a Rafe EJ contest..but I do have to comment on EJs actions with regards to Sydney. Regardless of biology, he and Nicole raised that little girl for 9 months. He was uber protective to her up until they were in France for their honeymoon. Now, Nicole's lies come out and he dumps the baby? HUH?

I had expected EJ would have dumped Nicole. He doesnt forgive (but has had been forgiven.) I'm sad that the writers chose to write EJ this way. He comes out looking like an asshole...plain and simple.

He just validated what Nicole has always been saying- that the would never accept a baby that wasnt blood related. Add to the fact that she also said that he married her for Sydney.

It just really doesnt make sense for a DiMera to be afraid of ANY ONE taking what's "theirs." They fight with everything they have..and not cower to others.

I'm not saying he shouldnt be upset...but he should have the opposite reaction....taking Sydney from Nicole and throwing her out....not rejecting Sydney!
This is a great post. I totally agree! Dumping Nicole - fair enough but little Sydney? Nasty! :redface:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I completely agree that it's a shame the writers have written EJ's reaction like this - because it completely disregards that we already know that EJ has loved another child whom he knew wasn't his in the past - as much as he loves Johnny. When the twins were infants and Sami and EJ were raising them together there were multiple conversations between them in which EJ talked of a desire to remain in Allie's life when Lucas came home from prison and how he loved her as much as he loved Johnny. So the whole idea that he can't love Sydney because there is no biological connection is bogus based on the history of the character.

I do think we'll see EJ change his tune on this in the next weeks, but it's a shame they went there at all. But inconsistency seems to be the name of the game when it comes to DAYS. :shrug:

Nicole Walker

I don't see Rafe throwing a child out on the streets regardless if the mother lied or not.

Quote:

I completely agree that it's a shame the writers have written EJ's reaction like this - because it completely disregards that we already know that EJ has loved another child whom he knew wasn't his in the past - as much as he loves Johnny. When the twins were infants and Sami and EJ were raising them together there were multiple conversations between them in which EJ talked of a desire to remain in Allie's life when Lucas came home from prison and how he loved her as much as he loved Johnny. So the whole idea that he can't love Sydney because there is no biological connection is bogus based on the history of the character.

I thought about this but then I realized Allie was Johnny's sister. So Allie is related to EJ's child but Sydney as far as he knows has no connection to him or Johnny so I guess that's why he's acting the way he is.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 12 2009, 10:32 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Nicole Dimera
Oct 12 2009, 10:31 AM
I don't see Rafe throwing a child out on the streets regardless if the mother lied or not.

Quote:

I thought about this but then I realized Allie was Johnny's sister. So Allie is related to EJ's child but Sydney as far as he knows has no connection to him or Johnny so I guess that's why he's acting the way he is.
Maybe...but I don't think EJ ever mentioned that he loved Allie because she was Johnny's sister. If that were the case, would he then feel the same way about Will? I think it had much more to do with the fact that he spent so much time bonding with her - just as he has with Sydney. Which is why it makes this such an unfortunate writing choice.

ilovemydays

Manda1

ICAM! I understand his pushing Nicole away and wanting to distance himself from her and Sydney until he can sort things out in his head but IMO it is inexcusable for him to throw them out of the mansion without making any provision for Sydney's well being.

The DiMera Enterprises must own, in whole or in part, numerous real estate ranging from homes, apartment buildings and hotels. Why didn't he have their things sent to one of their holdings? How could he toss them out without considering where that baby would spend the night?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply