Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Chad learns Sydney is "his".; Oct 20th issues; Article Summaries
Topic Started: Oct 7 2009, 11:27 AM (4,217 Views)
luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i think he loved allie because she was sami's child. sydney has no connection to him or anyone he loves as far as he knows, so he threw her out on the street. i'm an ej fan, but his behavior towards this little girl is despicable. i don't see how it can be argued any other way.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 12 2009, 11:32 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

luvpumpkns
Oct 12 2009, 11:31 AM
i think he loved allie because she was sami's child. sydney has no connection to him or anyone he loves as far as he knows, so he threw her out on the street. i'm an ej fan, but his behavior towards this little girl is despicable. i don't see how it can be argued any other way.
Oh, I'm not defending EJ's actions toward Sydney or arguing that they are okay. That's why I said I think it's an unfortunate writing choice. I just don't believe that a character that has been proven to be able to unconditionally love a child that wasn't his in the past would suddenly be able to turn off his love for a child he's been raising for months, believing to be his own. It makes no sense to me.

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 11:35 AM
luvpumpkns
Oct 12 2009, 11:31 AM
Oh, I'm not defending EJ's actions toward Sydney or arguing that they are okay. That's why I said I think it's an unfortunate writing choice. I just don't believe that a character that has been proven to be able to unconditionally love a child that wasn't his in the past would suddenly be able to turn off his love for a child he's been raising for months, believing to be his own. It makes no sense to me.

EJ has established that he is a SELFISH father. He was willing to cut Sami out of Johnny's life to punish her. He only backed down because of Nicole's insistence. He also demanded that his sleeping child be taken out his bed in order to provide him comfort.

EJ isn't a perfect man, he does love his family but one of his flaws is that he acts like a spoiled brat when he doesn't get his way. The only person I've seen EJ put ahead of his own interests is his DADDY.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

oh, yeah, i'm sorry. i was referring to the poster that mentioned that they couldn't believe people were blaming this on ej. i can't help but to blame ej, because he doesn't have to throw the baby out along with nicole. he even went so far today as to say 'i regret that sydney will grow up without a father, but i can no longer be a party to your lies.' that's pretty damn cold. i am starting to see now why nicole might go on the run with the baby. i honestly wouldn't want ej finding out he was her father either. i've said a lot of things about sami's fitness as a parent, but i also know that if she had learned grace wasn't hers, she would still love her and want to raise her. so would rafe, much as i can't stand the guy. it saddens me, i mean, really, really saddens me to say that ej obviously isn't a decent person in any way shape or form. maybe he will wake up in two days and want sydney back. i don't know. that will go partway to redeeming him, but as far as he knows, that little girl that he called his for months and months is sleeping in a gutter tonight, hungry and crying. how he can live with himself, i have no idea.

ETA: i do agree that this is shitty writing to the extreme. they have written ej in the past to care pretty much unconditionally for his children, even allie, and at times will, without them having any bio connection to him. but the story is what it is, unfortunately.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 12 2009, 11:48 AM.

Nicole Walker

^I actually thought EJ would want to fight for Sydney. Maybe he will change his mind but i'm glad the reveal didn't happen all at once because it gave us the opportunity to see how EJ would treat Sydney if he believed she wasn't his child and well it hasn't been pretty so far.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 12 2009, 11:50 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The SOW article does say this:

EJ admits he had second thoughts about Sydney and has decided that he wants her in his life, but not Nicole.

michelle
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 12 2009, 01:20 PM

EJ admits he had second thoughts about Sydney and has decided that he wants her in his life, but not Nicole.

Amen to that. The boy comes to his senses!

Thanks Angie!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Angie79

Nicole's worst nightmare come true.

Nicole Walker

"EJ admits he had second thoughts about Sydney and has decided that he wants her in his life, but not Nicole."

About time. I don't mind that he doesn't want Nicole in his life but he never should have shut Sydney out. I hope he doesn't think he's going to get Sydney and just shut Nicole out completely cause Nicole will go ballistic.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Angie79

I did notice that. I just wonder what will happen when Sami finds out about this.

heathermm

I'm glad ej decided to keep Sydney around and I certainly don't blame him for being peeved at Nicole. I wouldn't take her back either. Nicole has lost it, she needs Marlena! or even a good psychiatrist. Just kidding, I loved Marlena.
Seriously, Nicole is cracking up and even though she lied for what she thought was a good reason she still deserves what she gets.
I can hardly wait until Sami finds out. She just started to trust Nicole. Good stuff in the future!!

Manda1

Angie79

Wow! second thoughts? How magnanimous of him!

Should Sydney be grovelling forever in gratitude that her Father decided to take her back? Ugh! :puke: Sorry EJ is the pits for throwing Sydney out of the mansion at all – again we see the selfishness – he has decided he wants Sydney back. What Sydney wants and needs...you know like a mother? Is of little consequence to him....

Yeah, yeah I know that Nicole isn’t Sydney’s real mother [give her back to Sami already] but EJ doesn’t..... :redface: The next question is are we talking shared or full custody?

michelle
Member Avatar

He's been through a lot this week poor EJ. Maybe he should get a little slack. He has come to his senses and will fight for Sydney and that's all the matters now.

Dool Fan
Member Avatar

Thanks! I like this news. It makes sense to me that Ej would have second thoughts, he is not perfect by any means but he does seem to love his children and Allie was not his but he adored her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply