Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:A Closer Look:Carly; October 20th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Oct 8 2009, 06:28 PM (2,185 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

It's an action-packed week for Carly. Crystal Chappell elaborates on all that and getting lippy with Galen Gering (Rafe).

SOW:Where does Carly's plane land?

CC:In a town with a port, because she gets in touch with her old friend, Omar. Carly calls him because he has a boat, and he agrees to give her a trip up the river to Salem.

SOW:Carly tells Omar what happened with Lawrence, right?

CC:You will see what happens just prior to his death. She doesn't tell Omar everything, but she's very honest about the fact that she killed Lawrence.

SOW:Carly decides to wait to contact Bo until she gets to Salem. Why?

CC:There's the issue of people monitoring her whereabouts. If she tries to make any kind of contact, it would put everyone in danger. So she has to wait.

SOW:All of that takes a backseat when the captain spots a man in the water, and the crew fishes out Rafe.

CC:Omar is a little skeptical at first. He fears that another person on board might put Carly in more danger, but Carly says they have to help Rafe. She's a doctor, and Rafe is in bad shape. He has an infection, high fever, hypothermia.

SOW:Carly resuscitates him. That must have been an akward first scene with Galen.

CC:Oh, yeah. I gave him mouth-to-mouth. We're fast friends now (laughs). That's breaking the ice right there: "Hi! I'm going to be putting my lips on you."

SOW:But it's not quite as easy for Carly and Rafe. Carly manages to bring up his temperature, and then a crew member pulls a gun on her!

CC:It's one of Lawrence's minions, doing his bidding. He comes very close to killing Carly, but Rafe manages to pull himself up just in time to knock the gun away. He saves Carly's life and then collapses again. Carly tries to get Rafe to talk, but he's going in and out of consciousness. She's trying to find out who he is. She doesn't want to dump him at some hospital, because she sees contusions on his head and surmises someone is trying to kill him. So she is trying to nurse him back to health herself. She realizes she is going to have to go into Salem in order to save him. She has to risk being seen in order to save Rafe.

SOW:Rafe starts mumbling that he must tell "her" about "the baby". What does Carly make of it all?

CC:In his delirium, Rafe's talking about a baby. Carly's trying to figure out what's going on with that. Her priority becomes keeping Rafe alive. Whatever this baby issue is, it's obviously very important.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I'm not really happy about Rafe being involved in this storyline, but it sounds alright.

Cupcake06

Angie79
Oct 8 2009, 06:28 PM
SOW:Carly resuscitates him. That must have been an akward first scene with Galen.

CC:Oh, yeah. I gave him mouth-to-mouth. We're fast friends now (laughs). That's breaking the ice right there: "Hi! I'm going to be putting my lips on you."

:laugh:

samixxx
Member Avatar

lol too funny, thanks for posting.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

lucky CC ;)

Kenny
Member Avatar

So they're putting Carly's story on hold in order to use her as a prop for Rafe? Ugh.

I don't like this.

Thanks Angie!

Taelyn

Kenny
Oct 8 2009, 08:10 PM
So they're putting Carly's story on hold in order to use her as a prop for Rafe? Ugh.

I don't like this.
Everybody props everybody on this soap, and probably every soap. Nor do I see her story on hold , instead its part OF her story.
And ... maybe Rafe is helping to prop Carly's story ....

One thing Im happy about is he does not seem to have lost his memory .. Yayyyyyyyyyyy...

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Kenny
Oct 8 2009, 08:10 PM

I don't like this.
Exactly. Of all the potentially great ways to bring her back on the scene...we get this? :-/

Livie

Actually I like it, immediately she is interacting with a person who is forefront in the A list story.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Oct 8 2009, 08:36 PM
Everybody props everybody on this soap, and probably every soap. Nor do I see her story on hold , instead its part OF her story.
And ... maybe Rafe is helping to prop Carly's story ...
How is Rafe and his knowledge of the baby switch part of Carly's story? Her murdering Lawrence has nothing to do with any of that.

Rafe is not propping Carly's story. It's the other way around. She's the one who has all this drama with Lawrence that's being put on hold so she can nurse Rafe back to health and figure out what he means by "I have to tell her about the baby." As if I give a shit.

I'm just ready for Carly to start interacting with people I care about. I don't want her wasted with boring ass Rafe. I want her back in scenes with Bo, interacting with Hope and quarreling with Vivian.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

While I'm not exactly thrilled that Rafe is part of Carly's story it is good that she will be interacting with other characters than just Bo, Hope and Vivian. The more characters she has interactions with the better. I don't want to see Carly in an isolated story.

Kenny
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Oct 8 2009, 09:01 PM
While I'm not exactly thrilled that Rafe is part of Carly's story it is good that she will be interacting with other characters than just Bo, Hope and Vivian. The more characters she has interactions with the better. I don't want to see Carly in an isolated story.
Well, me neither. I'm just anxious to get her interacting with the whole cast -- not just Rafe. He bores me.

mirabella

samixxx
Oct 8 2009, 06:36 PM

lol too funny, thanks for posting.
That is cute! Crystal has a great sense of humor....and she is lucky to do mouth to mouth on Rafe. lol......

Thanks for posting this article.

Manda1

Kenny
Oct 8 2009, 08:47 PM
Taelyn
How is Rafe and his knowledge of the baby switch part of Carly's story? Her murdering Lawrence has nothing to do with any of that.

Rafe is not propping Carly's story. It's the other way around. She's the one who has all this drama with Lawrence that's being put on hold so she can nurse Rafe back to health and figure out what he means by "I have to tell her about the baby." As if I give a shit.

I'm just ready for Carly to start interacting with people I care about. I don't want her wasted with boring ass Rafe. I want her back in scenes with Bo, interacting with Hope and quarreling with Vivian.
If Chad is Carly's she is going to become very interested in the baby switch! I think that's why they have set up the Rafe connection and him mumbling about 'the baby'.....we'll have to wait and see but that is what I suspect.

There is already rumors or tweets I forget that Carly has a child in Salem that Lawrence may have been hiding....even when he died...he said 'You'll never find....'

And she needs to be introduced onto the canvas in some way and I think this is much more exciting that her just turning up on Bo's door step saying 'Can you do me a favour, I killed my husband and need your help'

kitkat
Member Avatar

You know what it does it makes Rafe and Carly not one s/l wonders. Hey even though she saves his life, it's her sworn oath. It wasn't his, he jerks himself up and "The White Knight" saves another daimsel.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

kitkat
Oct 9 2009, 12:09 AM
You know what it does it makes Rafe and Carly not one s/l wonders. Hey even though she saves his life, it's her sworn oath. It wasn't his, he jerks himself up and "The White Knight" saves another daimsel.
And then collapses. Again. Oh the drama. :eyeroll:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm ok with this now because someone posted in another thread how it helps illuminate her character for those who don't know her. All we'd initially see otherwise is her killing someone. Now we see her compassion even for a total stranger- it's a decent move.

Also, they're at least linking her to a character with a HARDCORE fanbase (I say that with love). That way those viewers won't fast-forward her re-introduction. I mean, ain't no way they're missing Luis. And Carly saves him too, which makes her automatically awesome. That's kind of brilliant.

I'm not as thrilled with Rafe saving her, but whatever.

Is Bo going to have a vision about her return? Or did he have one and I missed it?

Manda1

px780
Oct 9 2009, 09:53 AM
I'm ok with this now because someone posted in another thread how it helps illuminate her character for those who don't know her. All we'd initially see otherwise is her killing someone. Now we see her compassion even for a total stranger- it's a decent move.

Also, they're at least linking her to a character with a HARDCORE fanbase (I say that with love). That way those viewers won't fast-forward her re-introduction. I mean, ain't no way they're missing Luis. And Carly saves him too, which makes her automatically awesome. That's kind of brilliant.

Is Bo going to have a vision about her return? Or did he have one and I missed it?
I was the one who posted that in the other thread. And it's totally working! There will be a lot of new fans 'rooting' for Carly now because she's saved Rafe, who she doesn't know. She has to be a good woman right? Otherwise she would just let him drown. Now there has to be a 'good' reason for the stabbing of her husband that we saw in that horrible debut scene and we all want to hear about it and sympathise with her - despite never laying eyes on her before because we were not watching when she was on the show over 16? years ago!

This was an extremely clever move from the writers IMO. :applause: And if Carly is Chad's mother I'll upgrade the comment to a brilliant move on behalf of the writers as the baby switch will be of real interest to her with Sydney [really Grace] being Chad's daughter etc. Even after she has connected again with Bo, Vic etc.

Also it looks like Sami will be at Grace's grave asking her to look after Rafe at the time Carly rescues him....and if it works out that Carly was her Grandma how amazing is that story....well maybe the writers aren't that clever - but hey maybe they are. :laugh:

Taelyn

Kenny
Oct 8 2009, 08:47 PM
Taelyn

And I want Rafe involved in MORE then just the baby switch drama.. And he becomes part of her story as she helps patch him up, who knows how he will comento her aid in the future.. But...IM... glad that he is spreading out storyline wise and that he becomes more involved with all of Salem.

Taelyn

px780
Oct 9 2009, 09:53 AM

Bo told Justin or Roman (Cant remember which) That after he took that hard blow to the head rescuing Ciara, he does no expect any more visions.. So I think that hit to to his noggin was simply an excuse from the writers to do away with those silly things **thank god**

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply