Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for wk of October 12th; Are Hope and Bo ready to start over?
Topic Started: Oct 9 2009, 04:01 PM (1,998 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I've gone back in time,it's 2006 all over again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Taelyn

Sindacco
Oct 9 2009, 07:05 PM
Okey, so what storyline would you want for them?
I would have preferred that Hope be the one kidnapped and in danger, instead of Ciara. This sets them up for a dramatic and romantic rescue.. Ofcourse the whole Ciara kidnapping thing was done very poorly, so without a better story it wouldnt have mattered..

Or Maybe HOPE gets sick, or shot.. if written well they could have lots of Drama revolve around that.

The way they are writing for them they both come off as kinda pathetic in different ways.
Edited by Taelyn, Oct 9 2009, 10:00 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Oct 9 2009, 09:58 PM
Sindacco
I would have preferred that Hope be the one kidnapped and in danger, instead of Ciara. This sets them up for a dramatic and romantic rescue.. Ofcourse the whole Ciara kidnapping thing was done very poorly, so without a better story it wouldnt have mattered..

Or Maybe HOPE gets sick, or shot.. if written well they could have lots of Drama revolve around that.

The way they are writing for them they both come off as kinda pathetic in different ways.
Hope being kidnapped has been done so many times before, I don't even know how many.

She's been kidnapped by Stefano 1990-1994, Jude St Clair in 1996, Stefano in 1999, Princess Gina and Kurt in 1999-2000, Larry Welch in 2002, Andre in 2004, Andre in 2005, Patrick in 2006, Ava in 2008. Those are the ones I can think of right now.

jane1978

Sindacco
Oct 10 2009, 04:26 AM
Taelyn
Sindacco

Hope being kidnapped has been done so many times before, I don't even know how many.

She's been kidnapped by Stefano 1990-1994, Jude St Clair in 1996, Stefano in 1999, Princess Gina and Kurt in 1999-2000, Larry Welch in 2002, Andre in 2004, Andre in 2005, Patrick in 2006, Ava in 2008. Those are the ones I can think of right now.
Thank you. :hail:

This is the problem with the supercouples. When they are at their peak they are written as perfect - they understand each other, they are in love with each other, they are always able to communicate and love each others fault. Itīs a fairy tale ending, except itīs not ending and any attempt to create conflict after that is always disappointment and out of character because there is just only way to go from perfect and thatīs down. The fans can either accept that and enjoy the story and the acting, or force the show to create more and more absurd plot devices just to give them something ultimately ridiculing them so much majority of viewers have no problem when they are written out.

Carlyīs return is the best thing which could happen to Bope fans. She will provide them with atleast a year, maybe more of meaningful story and gives them a chance to be frontburner again. Otherwise, they would be eventually either written out or replaced Tom and Alice in the position of that cute supporting old married couple.

Manda1

I found the youtube version for those who cannot view NBC.

Edited by ☼ Jinx ☼, Oct 11 2009, 10:57 AM.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

I love Bope too but really they were beginning to bore me. They need this s/l to make it go from fizzle to sizzle again. No matter how lame I think the break up was. And it was LAME, both times!

paul89

here is the clip for the Canada people

Days4Life

Except for the way they are making Hope so unlikable, I don't mind this storyline. Bo and Hope never really delved into their issues after Zack's death and it is somewhat realistic that Ciara's kidnapping is bringing all the old, buried problems bubbling to the surface. My main problem with this storyline is how they are ruining Hope, probably to make Carly's entrance more palatable. Because of her habit of running away from her marriage whenever things don't go her way, Bo has all my sympathy here. Hope isn't acting at all like a woman who loves her husband and wants to save her marriage. I'm hoping once Carly gets into the middle of things, we see Hope turn around and actually fight for her man.

Kailyn

Days4Life
Oct 10 2009, 10:46 AM
Except for the way they are making Hope so unlikable, I don't mind this storyline. Bo and Hope never really delved into their issues after Zack's death and it is somewhat realistic that Ciara's kidnapping is bringing all the old, buried problems bubbling to the surface. My main problem with this storyline is how they are ruining Hope, probably to make Carly's entrance more palatable. Because of her habit of running away from her marriage whenever things don't go her way, Bo has all my sympathy here. Hope isn't acting at all like a woman who loves her husband and wants to save her marriage. I'm hoping once Carly gets into the middle of things, we see Hope turn around and actually fight for her man.
I just hope this isn't a Bo /Billie story all over again except with Carly in the mix . Hope hasn't shown to be a woman concerned about her marriage in a very long time. she sides with what ever man is against her husband such as this last time with Dean the times before were always a disaster as well Franco and Patrick both counts Bo was proved right so why does she choose other men over her own husband everytime? I would like to se her back her man just once.

soapfan
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 9 2009, 07:37 PM
I guess I'm the only one who actually doesn't have a problem with this story at all. Then again, I am not opposed to Hope spending some time with Justin and/or Bo spending some time with Carly before the two of them find their way back together down the line.

This current fallout from Ciara's kidnapping sure beats the hell out of their stupid breakup over Bo's visions they had going before anyway.

And I like Bope actually having a story a lot better than them not having anything to do but interfere in Shawn's love life.
I agree with you. I am a die-hard Bope fan. As much as I hate the idea of them breaking up, it is much better than them sitting around with nothing to do. The writers are breaking up all of the couples on the show lately so Bo and Hope aren't the only ones going through this. I would love it if Bo and Hope could be happy, but that would mean that they would get nothing to do. I just hope that the writers don't keep Bo and Hope apart for good. I really want to see them find their way back to each other and maybe Justin and Carly could get together at some point.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I can't stand Hope! When things get tough, she gives up and threatens to end the marriage. She did the same when Zach was killed, and now with Ciara's situation, too. Its definitely extreme but Bo has always done what he has felt was right.

There was a point when I thought they were the supercouple of the show but they ain't, and I hope this breakup is permanent.

Mason
Member Avatar

☼ Jinx ☼
Oct 11 2009, 10:59 AM
I can't stand Hope! When things get tough, she gives up and threatens to end the marriage. She did the same when Zach was killed
As stupid as that storyline got with Patrick, Billie and Morgan Island, at least Hope leaving Bo was understandable, considering what he did. This, on the other hand, is just dumb. There's no reason for Hope to be so upset that she's willing to throw away her marriage.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Oct 10 2009, 06:10 AM
Sindacco
Oct 10 2009, 04:26 AM
Taelyn
Sindacco

Thank you. :hail:

This is the problem with the supercouples. When they are at their peak they are written as perfect - they understand each other, they are in love with each other, they are always able to communicate and love each others fault. Itīs a fairy tale ending, except itīs not ending and any attempt to create conflict after that is always disappointment and out of character because there is just only way to go from perfect and thatīs down. The fans can either accept that and enjoy the story and the acting, or force the show to create more and more absurd plot devices just to give them something ultimately ridiculing them so much majority of viewers have no problem when they are written out.

Carlyīs return is the best thing which could happen to Bope fans. She will provide them with atleast a year, maybe more of meaningful story and gives them a chance to be frontburner again. Otherwise, they would be eventually either written out or replaced Tom and Alice in the position of that cute supporting old married couple.

AMEN!!

The thing I don't understand is how some think there isn't reason here for Bope to breakup. First off, as Days4Life pointed out, they never did solve their issues stemming from Zack's death. That was one of the things Hogan disappointed me on at the time. He only resolved the Hope and Chelsea conflict. Bo and Hope never really talked things out and worked through everything. It was all kind of slept under the rug because they had to deal with the ending of the Patrick stuff and Ciara being born. Then we didn't see them hardly at all for months and when they were brought back in the mix they were thrown into the Brady/Dimera stuff. The issues were never truly worked out and that is why I am glad the show has had both Bo and Hope allude to that fact. I hope the show continues to mention the issue of Zack's death going forward.

Also, Bo and Hope have ALWAYS had trust issues going back to when they first got together in the 80's. He was always keeping her in the dark about things because he felt it was best or that she couldn't handle it and Hope has ALWAYS acted like an extreme bitch when she didn't like how he handled something or when he kept something from her. What is happening now is not out of character for either of them. In fact, it's about time the show use the internal conflict that has always existed to further story between them. I'm so excited they finally are and the best part is you have two past characters in Justin and Carly that share chemistry with the both of them and that are likable so fans can deal with them possibly being paired with them, especially Carly and Bo who have fans and are very popular.

The Ciara kidnapping situation brought all their issues to the surface and here you have a story that is driven by the characters of Bo and Hope and the conflict that exists between them. It's a good soap story. Nothing is being forced. Neither Justin or Carly has any romantic interest in Hope or Bo right now. It's all being played naturally and set up beautifully.

I can't wait to see the Bo and Hope stuff this week. The promo woman that is on Twitter said the Bo and Hope stuff this week is fantastic.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I agree with you Phoenix. And I'm glad that Justin is involved in this instead of Daniel like the spoilers earlier this summer said. I think at first, Justin was just supposed to come back short-term to defend Daniel but then Ciara got kidnapped and since then he's been on pretty much, mostly with Bo and Hope.

Kailyn

they wrapped the Bo/Hope thing up so fast remember how they had all those conversations off tv Hope made the comment that they had discussed everything and made resolutions and then wham Ciarra was born and revealed to be Bo's child in the 11nth hour. so it would be nice if the issues were addressed in an adult way and not have Hope run away and move out how can anything resolve in that fashion? I want to see Bo and Hope hash this all out and say the things that need to be said without one or the other running off. I have a sneaky feeling though that we are in for alot of misunderstandings once again this time with Carly on the scene and I have a feeling Bo is going to move Carly in with him to protect her and of course Hope will misunderstand it all and around and around it goes again. we'll see though I hope I am wrong.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Kailyn
Oct 11 2009, 05:58 PM
they wrapped the Bo/Hope thing up so fast remember how they had all those conversations off tv Hope made the comment that they had discussed everything and made resolutions and then wham Ciarra was born and revealed to be Bo's child in the 11nth hour. so it would be nice if the issues were addressed in an adult way and not have Hope run away and move out how can anything resolve in that fashion? I want to see Bo and Hope hash this all out and say the things that need to be said without one or the other running off. I have a sneaky feeling though that we are in for alot of misunderstandings once again this time with Carly on the scene and I have a feeling Bo is going to move Carly in with him to protect her and of course Hope will misunderstand it all and around and around it goes again. we'll see though I hope I am wrong.
I agree with you...I have a feeling that is where this is going as well. I also agree they have a LOT to work through re: Zack's death...and I don't really see how they can do that if they are broken up! It's going to take hard work and a commitment on both of their parts to make their marriage work.

That said, I am happy they are off the backburner and actually have a storyline...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply