Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney talks 'Days' & 'Loser'
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 02:21 AM (2,341 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Alison Sweeney Talks About Playing Games
MSN TV talks to star of 'Days' and 'Biggest Loser'

By Deanna Barnert
Special to MSN TV

Alison Sweeney wrapped one season of "The Biggest Loser" and jumped right into shooting the new one, all the while hard at work with "Days of Our Lives," on which her infamously devilish character Sami has endured a truly heartbreaking summer. "Days of Our Lives" airs weekdays on NBC.

For those behind on the drama in Salem, after a series of baby-swapping moves, Sami, her ex EJ and the rest of Salem were left mourning the loss of baby girl Grace. What Sami doesn't know is that Nicole actually miscarried her own baby with EJ, pulled a baby swap and is now raising Sami's baby with EJ as her own. Grace's real mother was Mia, who is dating Sami's son with Lucas.

The lies have been simmering all summer, but now we're into fall, and they're dropping away like leaves. This Friday, Oct. 9, Sami learns she's been mourning someone else's baby!

Alison Sweeney: "Days" is so good right now! I shouldn't tell you this, but when I got my scripts, I was sitting in traffic on my way to "Biggest Loser" literally tearing through the pages. It was like, "Don't look down, don't look down -- Ah, but what does it say?" So dangerous, and my husband is a cop. I was like, "I'm going to be in so much trouble!"

MSN TV: How is life in Salem treating you?

Alison Sweeney: "Days" is so good right now! I shouldn't tell you this, but when I got my scripts, I was sitting in traffic on my way to "Biggest Loser" literally tearing through the pages. It was like, "Don't look down, don't look down -- Ah, but what does it say?" So dangerous, and my husband is a cop. I was like, "I'm going to be in so much trouble!"

Do you often get this excited about story line?

Not after all these years. It's weird to use the word "excited" about the Grace-dying story. It was hard because I was literally shooting those scenes on the same day as the "Biggest Loser 7" live finale. That morning, I did three episodes in a row of the death and then had to go to the finale and be like, "OK, people, woo hoo!"

Was it also hard to play as a real-life mom with your own new baby girl, Megan, born last January?

For Galen Gering and me, it was so close to home. It's brutal, and meningitis is for real. But everyone did an amazing job with that story. You know it's good writing when the directors are dry blocking, and they all get choked up!

Sami is infamously one of daytime's fave bad girls. Has it been a nice change of pace not to be the one causing the drama and trouble?

I had this whole moment with Ari Zucker, who plays Nicole, about it. We were bonding, and I was like, "I love being me right now!" I love being the person who is not at fault. It's fun. It's different. It's nice. The fans on Twitter are asking when she is going to be Sami again, but I love that she's not. Her baby died. You don't just bounce back from that!

EJ already knows the truth, and he's about to lay it all out for Sami. Will the big reveal that Sydney is her baby be enough to get Sami to finally "bounce back"?

I hope she finds out and goes crazy! You're a shadow of your former self after something like that, so it would fricking kill if she came back with a vengeance.

On top of all the drama in Salem, the season premiere of "Biggest Loser" was a total tissue-fest. What's that about?

So emotional. So intense. The theme is "Second Chances" because we believe everyone deserves one. It's literally a second chance at "Biggest Loser" for Daniel from Season 7, but beyond that, it's an emotional thing. Abby lost her entire family, including her brand new baby, in an accident. Heartbreaking, but you can bet that won't stop Jillian from getting right in her face. This is the biggest group we've ever had. They have a lot of weight to lose, and Jillian and Bob are going to stay on them!

The show is airing in two-hour blocks this year: How much stretching goes on to fill that time?

I don't think it's stretching. We recap at the beginning of the hour, but other than that, there's so much interesting content. It gives the audience a chance to see the emotional journey as well as the weight and physical stuff.

Past player Ron was criticized for the way he played the game: What's your take on that?

I'm a competitor, so I get playing the game. If people are going to fall for it, that's brutal, but it happens every season. He didn't do anything wrong. Those are the rules of the game, and if you are letting him lead you, that's your bad. He also never said anything different from, "I'm doing this for my son, and I want to get him to the end."

Ousted contestants often return for the finale having lost massive amounts of weight, like Helen did last season. Is there such a thing as losing too much weight?

We actually have a minimum weight of what we'll accept them to be. But look, it's a game and a competition, so you gear up and do everything you can for weigh-in. You're going to be as healthy and lean as you can be to win, but that's not how you live your life.

That's true of actresses getting ready for a shoot or project. I don't mean to throw anyone under the bus, but Demi Moore did a lot to get "G.I. Jane." Does it reflect badly that they're not that way the rest of their lives? No, as long as you can maintain health, which is what our show is about. Ironically, it's not about the number on the scale. We have to use some sort of numbers, because Standards and Practices insists that you judge a winner in some way, but it's about getting healthy.

Source: MSN TV
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The Oct 9th thing must have been off in this interview..... :huh:

jane1978

¤ Rhi ¤
Oct 11 2009, 02:22 AM
It could be the tape date, not airdate.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

jane1978
Oct 11 2009, 07:10 AM
¤ Rhi ¤
Oct 11 2009, 02:22 AM
It could be the tape date, not airdate.
Perhaps - but I'd be surprised that Ali would even spoil as much to indicate EJ learns everything first and lays it all out for Sami. It seems to me the interviewer was assuming what we just saw was the entire reveal, and not just part of it. :shrug:

Thanks for posting!

kitkat
Member Avatar

I take this with a grain of salt. First we know it didn't come out Oct. 9-- cause it's now October 11. Second James Scott said, Rafe finds out first and tells EJ & Sami. But some have spumored that it will be Will, that breaks it open. Who knows? From what I've heard the actors are not allowed to do spoilers so far in advanced. I do believe a month is to far in advanced.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

kitkat
Oct 11 2009, 11:48 AM
I take this with a grain of salt. First we know it didn't come out Oct. 9-- cause it's now October 11. Second James Scott said, Rafe finds out first and tells EJ & Sami. But some have spumored that it will be Will, that breaks it open. Who knows? From what I've heard the actors are not allowed to do spoilers so far in advanced. I do believe a month is to far in advanced.
When and where did James Scott say that?

jane1978

kitkat
Oct 11 2009, 11:48 AM
The actors doesn´t know spoilers, but they know what they have in the scripts, so they are usually about 4 to 6 week ahead of the rest of audience. So when James was talking about Rafe finding first he could simply interpret what he saw in the script so far and believe that will be the case, but in reality the writers brought back Meredith and moved the story elsewhere.

As for the October 9, I still think it´s the tape date. When Ali was talking about her obsession with the script she was talking about what she is just taping, not what is on air. What we see now is an old news for her unless she is watching as well and with her crazy schedule I really doubt that. I noticed many actors doesn´t even know what episode already aired and what is still considered spoiler.

Nicole Walker

Oct. 9th is when EJ told Sami about Sydney not being his child and NIcole's lies. I think that's what they meant.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 11 2009, 07:31 PM
Oct. 9th is when EJ told Sami about Sydney not being his child and NIcole's lies. I think that's what they meant.
First, I agree with this comment. Second it can't be tape date either, because a week or so ago Ali Sweeney tweeted they were taping mid-November scenes. And lastly, in answer to the question- 'When did James Scott say that.' I believe it was in Boston.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

kitkat
Oct 11 2009, 11:24 PM
Nicole Dimera
First, I agree with this comment. Second it can't be tape date either, because a week or so ago Ali Sweeney tweeted they were taping mid-November scenes. And lastly, in answer to the question- 'When did James Scott say that.' I believe it was in Boston.
James did not say that Rafe finds out the truth and tells EJ and Sami in Boston - or anywhere else that I've seen or heard. At the time we were in Boston both GG and James mentioned that Rafe would be figuring things out but there was never any statement from either of them that Rafe would tell EJ and Sami the truth about what happened with the babies. If either of them had said something that spoilerish there would have been all kinds of noise as a result. It sounds like someone is putting words in JS's mouth.

kitkat
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 11 2009, 11:33 PM
kitkat
Nicole Dimera
James did not say that Rafe finds out the truth and tells EJ and Sami in Boston - or anywhere else that I've seen or heard. At the time we were in Boston both GG and James mentioned that Rafe would be figuring things out but there was never any statement from either of them that Rafe would tell EJ and Sami the truth about what happened with the babies. If either of them had said something that spoilerish there would have been all kinds of noise as a result. It sounds like someone is putting words in JS's mouth.
Now, after I've done the proper research, here it is.... I said I thought it was in Boston... It wasn't, it was in Greenville. If you want to read it for yourself got to

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=827801&st=0&start=o

if this person put words in his mouth, well I sorry to comment about someone else comment. BTW, I believe the last letter of the site was an o it might have been a 0.
I like JS, AS, GG, & AZ- the four of them rock this soap.

:shrug: Wasn't trying to affend anyone! :hug:
Edited by kitkat, Oct 12 2009, 02:43 PM.

daisy132

kitkat
Oct 12 2009, 02:35 PM
SocRMum1
kitkat
Nicole Dimera
Now, after I've done the proper research, here it is.... I said I thought it was in Boston... It wasn't, it was in Greenville. I did not put words in his mouth, and concerning the ideal you've not read or seen it, SocRMum1... I can fix that real quick... simply go to

if this person put words in his mouth, then that's them and certainly not me. BTW, I believe the last letter of the site was an o it might have been a 0. Scott also was quoted as making a comment to SOD that panned out not to be true, I say quoted because I think the actors may be taken out of context sometimes. This might be what happened to Sweeney, only time will tell. Before I'm told to back this up, It said, that Scott said, Will thought his mother was better off for Rafe moving out, we've never seen anything to back this up and mostly quite the opposite. Will has supported his mother and Rafe relationship lately, letting his mother know they were good together, and that the E-mail doesn't seem like Rafe. I like JS, AS, GG, & AZ- the four of them rock this soap.
That post came from someone who twists everything around concerning EJ. She absolutely detests the character to the point of not being able to distinguish the real person from the character he portrays. I'm a devoted Ejami fan, but I can certainly tell the difference. She would take anything JS says and twist it to make it into something it's not. JMO after reading all of her posts.

She was a 100% devout Lumi fan, who has now settled for Safe, because "anything is better than Ejami". I don't put a lot of credibility in her take on what James told her.
Edited by daisy132, Oct 12 2009, 02:43 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

kitkat
SocRMum1
kitkat
Nicole Dimera
Now, after I've done the proper research, here it is.... I said I thought it was in Boston... It wasn't, it was in Greenville. I did not put words in his mouth, and concerning the ideal you've not read or seen it, SocRMum1... I can fix that real quick... simply go to

if this person put words in his mouth, then that's them and certainly not me. BTW, I believe the last letter of the site was an o it might have been a 0. Scott also was quoted as making a comment to SOD that panned out not to be true, I say quoted because I think the actors may be taken out of context sometimes. This might be what happened to Sweeney, only time will tell. Before I'm told to back this up, It said, that Scott said, Will thought his mother was better off for Rafe moving out, we've never seen anything to back this up and mostly quite the opposite. Will has supported his mother and Rafe relationship lately, letting his mother know they were good together, and that the E-mail doesn't seem like Rafe. I like JS, AS, GG, & AZ- the four of them rock this soap.
I think the very fact that the poster stated at the very end of all of this juicy stuff that it could have been that JS was lying to her because he knows she is a Lumi is pretty much all the confirmation I need that the entire post was nothing but a made up fantasy, designed in such a manner that if any of her speculations turned out to be true then she got the scoop - and if not, it's because he lied to her. Transparent much? :lol:

I maintain that there is no reliable source anywhere that states JS has said that Rafe would be the one to reveal the truth about Sydney to EJ and Sami. It's anybody's guess at this point how they will find out and when.

kitkat
Member Avatar

daisy132
Oct 12 2009, 02:42 PM
kitkat
SocRMum1
kitkat

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

That post came from someone who twists everything around concerning EJ. She absolutely detests the character to the point of not being able to distinguish the real person from the character he portrays. I'm a devoted Ejami fan, but I can certainly tell the difference. She would take anything JS says and twist it to make it into something it's not. JMO after reading all of her posts.

She was a 100% devout Lumi fan, who has now settled for Safe, because "anything is better than Ejami". I don't put a lot of credibility in her take on what James told her.
Hmmm, Well then, I didn't know that! I don't dislike anyone on the soap, okay maybe, I admit it, Stephanie-- This woman makes me want to scratch my head and go why?why?

Thanks for the comment.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

kitkat
Oct 12 2009, 02:47 PM
daisy132
Oct 12 2009, 02:42 PM
kitkat
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Hmmm, Well then, I didn't know that! I don't dislike anyone on the soap, okay maybe, I admit it, Stephanie-- This woman makes me want to scratch my head and go why?why?

Thanks for the comment.
We certainly have that in common. There are plenty of compelling characters on the show - thus having Stephanie sucking up any air time at all makes me wonder what the hell TPTB are thinking.

kitkat
Member Avatar

I may be Anti- EJAMI, but I am certainly not anti-EJ (I love to hate the man, applaud, applaud for James Scott). Today, I felt for him so much when he loved on the baby, then he lost me again-- OMG, I hate that. This baby switch unravel is gonna be a doozy.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

There's a reason hearsay is inadmissible in court, and that's why I don't put any stock in what anyone says an actor said at a fan event. Not only because people often inaccurately report what they heard--intentionally or not--but because the actors undoubtedly shape their responses based on their understanding of the fan's preferences.

That being said, regardless of whether that person is a Lumi fan or not, I don't see how her post is a 100% made up fantasy when at least part of it can be verified. She said:
Quote:

he said that RAFE will be the first to learn about the baby switch.
Those scenes where Rafe put two and two together and figured out the switch aired after the Greenville fan event, which happened in late July, so I honestly do not see how this poster can be called a liar based on that alone.

We have yet to know whether the other part of what she said--that Rafe tells Sami but not EJ--will come true. If it unfolds that way, then the only two statements that she made out of her post that I would classify as actual spoilers (as opposed to speculative discussion) would both be correct.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 12 2009, 03:02 PM
There's a reason hearsay is inadmissible in court, and that's why I don't put any stock in what anyone says an actor said at a fan event. Not only because people often inaccurately report what they heard--intentionally or not--but because the actors undoubtedly shape their responses based on their understanding of the fan's preferences.

That being said, regardless of whether that person is a Lumi fan or not, I don't see how her post is a 100% made up fantasy when at least part of it can be verified. She said:
Quote:

Those scenes where Rafe put two and two together and figured out the switch aired after the Greenville fan event, which happened in late July, so I honestly do not see how this poster can be called a liar based on that alone.

We have yet to know whether the other part of what she said--that Rafe tells Sami but not EJ--will come true. If it unfolds that way, then the only two statements that she made out of her post that I would classify as actual spoilers (as opposed to speculative discussion) would both be correct.

I maintain that anyone can throw enough shit at a wall and and see some of it stick. As I said, the very fact that the poster felt compelled to qualify their comments with the statement that if things didn't pan out it was because JS was lying to her makes everything suspect.

I questioned where it was stated that JS said that Rafe finds out the truth about the switch and tells Sami and EJ. Kitkat was kind enough to provide her source - which I highly doubt is reliable, much for the reasons you've stated. What is or isn't said at a fan event and to whom can be twisted and turned in a thousand different ways. The only exception I would make to the rule of dismissing what is reportedly said at fan events would be the things the actors have said during the Q&A sessions and in the online chats that have occurred. At that point the actors are aware they are speaking to a broader audience and/or their comments are put in writing. Beyond that, what is said in the meet and greet, autograph lines or at lunch or dinner is open to anyone's speculation.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Paxton

Quote:

I also think the Allison Sweeney thing might have been taken out of context... Time will tell... GO LSU-- I'm a Louisiana Gal, born & bred...
Edited by kitkat, Oct 12 2009, 03:34 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Paxton

Quote:

Yeah, but I could take a stab in the dark about what I THINK is going to happen, and if part of it comes true, do I then become someone who is privy to spoilers or just a good guesser??

I think you have to take anything coming from a fan at a fan event with a grain of salt. They might not be trying to turn something around but I think it can happen. Just look at each one of us, we take the spoilers to mean different things. So JS could have said something to this person and it might be exactly what he said, or she could've taken it out of the context of what he was trying to say, or she could just spin it to her own liking.

Rafe might be the one to tell the truth to EJ and Sami, or he could just be a big fat red herring. Who really knows? I personally hope he's not the one to tell, but I do realize that he's Tomlin's "wet dream" for the moment, so I'm not holding my breath that this story plays out with the major characters instead of the add on's.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply