Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney talks 'Days' & 'Loser'
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 02:21 AM (2,307 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 03:28 PM
I questioned where it was stated that JS said that Rafe finds out the truth about the switch and tells Sami and EJ. Kitkat was kind enough to provide her source - which I highly doubt is reliable, much for the reasons you've stated. What is or isn't said at a fan event and to whom can be twisted and turned in a thousand different ways. The only exception I would make to the rule of dismissing what is reportedly said at fan events would be the things the actors have said during the Q&A sessions and in the online chats that have occurred. At that point the actors are aware they are speaking to a broader audience and/or their comments are put in writing. Beyond that, what is said in the meet and greet, autograph lines or at lunch or dinner is open to anyone's speculation.
The person who posted about her conversation with JS didn't even say that Rafe would tell EJ and Sami. She said that Rafe would tell Sami but not EJ, when the original comment made in this thread was that Rafe would tell Sami and EJ. Maybe that sounds like a how-many-angels-can-fit-on-the-head-of-a-pin argument to you, but when we're discussing the credibility of the original poster I think it's important to note exactly what she said. As I mentioned, she might be right, or she might be wrong, but we'll find out eventually. Even if she's wrong, it doesn't mean she made it up; she could have misunderstood him, or he could have misunderstood what she asked.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar

JANALH
Oct 12 2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah, but I could take a stab in the dark about what I THINK is going to happen, and if part of it comes true, do I then become someone who is privy to spoilers or just a good guesser??

I think you have to take anything coming from a fan at a fan event with a grain of salt. They might not be trying to turn something around but I think it can happen. Just look at each one of us, we take the spoilers to mean different things. So JS could have said something to this person and it might be exactly what he said, or she could've taken it out of the context of what he was trying to say, or she could just spin it to her own liking.

And my point is that it really doesn't matter what her motivations were. If she was lying, or if JS was, she took the risk in posting it that people would dispute her version of events and that she might end up being wrong. So far, she's been correct. She might still be wrong about who Rafe tells. Whether it was because she just took a shot in the dark and got lucky or because JS told her exactly what she said he did, I don't know, but the point is that Rafe was, in fact, the first person (and to date, the only person) to figure out the switch.

I've heard plenty of statements that were allegedly made by JS at fan events, and they usually seemed to me to be shaped to fit the preferences of the listener. Whether that's because JS does it on purpose or because the listener hears and then passes on what she wants, I can't say. I'm not inside JS's brain and I don't have a stenographer available at every fan event to follow the actors around and put them under oath and transcribe their words exactly as given. I wish I did, because I bet it would be fascinating.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Paxton
Oct 12 2009, 04:15 PM
SocRMum1
I questioned where it was stated that JS said that Rafe finds out the truth about the switch and tells Sami and EJ. Kitkat was kind enough to provide her source - which I highly doubt is reliable, much for the reasons you've stated. What is or isn't said at a fan event and to whom can be twisted and turned in a thousand different ways. The only exception I would make to the rule of dismissing what is reportedly said at fan events would be the things the actors have said during the Q&A sessions and in the online chats that have occurred. At that point the actors are aware they are speaking to a broader audience and/or their comments are put in writing. Beyond that, what is said in the meet and greet, autograph lines or at lunch or dinner is open to anyone's speculation.
The person who posted about her conversation with JS didn't even say that Rafe would tell EJ and Sami. She said that Rafe would tell Sami but not EJ, when the original comment made in this thread was that Rafe would tell Sami and EJ. Maybe that sounds like a how-many-angels-can-fit-on-the-head-of-a-pin argument to you, but when we're discussing the credibility of the original poster I think it's important to note exactly what she said. As I mentioned, she might be right, or she might be wrong, but we'll find out eventually. Even if she's wrong, it doesn't mean she made it up; she could have misunderstood him, or he could have misunderstood what she asked.
I guess I'm not sure what you're disputing here...is it that Kitkat twisted the words of this NBC poster and indicated that JS said Rafe would tell EJ and Sami? :shrug:

Either way, it seems it's been established that there is no verifiable, reliable resource to prove that JS said any such thing.

daisy132

SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 05:14 PM
Paxton
SocRMum1
I guess I'm not sure what you're disputing here...is it that Kitkat twisted the words of this NBC poster and indicated that JS said Rafe would tell EJ and Sami? :shrug:

Either way, it seems it's been established that there is no verifiable, reliable resource to prove that JS said any such thing.
No, Kitkat didnt twist anything. It was about the credibility of the poster that posted what James said at an event.

ilovemydays

Even if it doesn't come to pass that Rafe tells Sami first it doesn't prove that James did not say it would happen that way. James has been wrong on occasion. Remember that crack he made about Nicole being like Lady MacBeth and EJ as some sort of innocent? James interpreted that scene all wrong.

It also stands to reason that the poster that claimed that James said that "Rafe tells Sami first" could have misinterpreted what he implied.

daisy132

I just want the reveal to come out and I don't want to be disappointed.

I want it to be revealed through one of OUR characters, and not by Rafe, the Tomlin pet. That's not too much to ask as a Days viewer. If I'm forced to watch this character, I just want him to keep staying away thoughout the reveal.

So far I'm enjoying it. And I hope that the real Sami will emerge too. She's a smart character, and I'm hoping that she and the real EJ (who seemed to have stepped up) put two and two together and reclaim their daughter. That's how it should be, but I know I'm hoping for too much.

Paxton
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Paxton
SocRMum1

I'm disputing that the poster is automatically unreliable because she is a Lumi fan. There is no verifiable source that he did or didn't say any such thing. Unless you were at the Greenville event and were standing by JS's side and could hear every word he said to everyone who spoke to him and can remember everything he said during the entire event, I don't see how you can know that the poster is lying. As I pointed out, there are two statements she attributed to him that can fairly be classified as spoilers. One of them has happened as she said it would. The other has not yet happened. I don't see why I should assume that the poster is lying given that she's been right about one thing already. Maybe she's a lucky guesser, or maybe she simply reported what JS said.

I don't know why this has everyone in such a twist anyway. I've heard many claims made over the last couple of years of things that JS supposedly said at fan events. I have doubted the reliability of most if not all of those claims. This is a rare case I'm aware of in which JS supposedly gave out an actual spoiler and it turned out to be accurate.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 12 2009, 04:20 PM
I don't have a stenographer available at every fan event to follow the actors around and put them under oath and transcribe their words exactly as given. I wish I did, because I bet it would be fascinating.
OMG, that would be very fascinating!!!

IMO, I think the actors throw in whatever they think you want to hear and the fan interprets it to what they want to hear. I bet if you if someone asked AS who the love of Sami's life was she might have three stock answers: Lucas was her rock; EJ was her rock; Rafe was her rock.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 12 2009, 05:52 PM
SocRMum1
Paxton
SocRMum1

I'm disputing that the poster is automatically unreliable because she is a Lumi fan. There is no verifiable source that he did or didn't say any such thing. Unless you were at the Greenville event and were standing by JS's side and could hear every word he said to everyone who spoke to him and can remember everything he said during the entire event, I don't see how you can know that the poster is lying. As I pointed out, there are two statements she attributed to him that can fairly be classified as spoilers. One of them has happened as she said it would. The other has not yet happened. I don't see why I should assume that the poster is lying given that she's been right about one thing already. Maybe she's a lucky guesser, or maybe she simply reported what JS said.

I don't know why this has everyone in such a twist anyway. I've heard many claims made over the last couple of years of things that JS supposedly said at fan events. I have doubted the reliability of most if not all of those claims. This is a rare case I'm aware of in which JS supposedly gave out an actual spoiler and it turned out to be accurate.
I never said the poster is automatically unreliable because she is a Lumi fan. She said, "So take what you want from what was said--believe it or not-whatever--but he did say all those things to me. Maybe he decided to lie to me because he knows 100% certain that Im a Lumi??"

Doesn't it strike anyone as convenient to set up such a detailed, juicy sounding conversation filled with things that no one else has claimed to have heard an actor say - and then end the post with a disclaimer that if it doesn't come to pass he lied to me and here's why?

I think if you go back and review the spoilers that were coming to light just during the Greenville event you'll find we were learning that Rafe overheard Nicole on the phone with Doc Baker, etc. Lots of speculation was happening, as it always does, based on the spoilers as we get them. Some specs end up hitting the nail on the head, some are close, some are so far off the mark it's funny to look back on them. I don't think what she stated about Rafe finding out about the switch was a huge stretch at the time, but that's just me. However, we've yet to see anything else come from what she posted and Greenville was nearly three months ago.

And back to the original reason it all came up in this thread - someone stated that JS had said Rafe would find out about the switch and would tell EJ and Sami, as though that was a known fact. I asked for verification of where and when JS said that - and here we are. Evidently, he didn't.

Paxton
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 12 2009, 06:18 PM
Doesn't it strike anyone as convenient to set up such a detailed, juicy sounding conversation filled with things that no one else has claimed to have heard an actor say - and then end the post with a disclaimer that if it doesn't come to pass he lied to me and here's why?

I think 99% of what I hear reported back from fan events sounds awfully conveniently tailored to the listener's preferences. I think in part that's because actors are likely instructed by TPTB to give all fanbases hope, regardless of whether that fanbase has much to hope for--I know I've been told this by someone who used to work for a primetime show on another network (not NBC) and my guess is that's industry-wide. No producer wants to lose fans because an actors tells them to give up their ship. I recall hearing that Eric Martsolf told a Broe fan that they would love some upcoming Broe scenes, when Chloe first went into her coma. Well, those scenes may have been nice but if I were a Broe fan I'd have been sorely disappointed that there was no follow-up and in fact, Brady was helping Daniel be Chloe's hero. Now, was EM lying or implying that Broe 2: Love Renewed was on its way? No, I don't think so, but he sold the scenes as something exciting for Broe fans to keep watching for and the fans were as far as I recall hearing happy to hear it.

I didn't think her post was particularly detailed. Most of what she said sounded like she was just expressing what she wanted to happen or thought could happen and JS, in the manner of French Quarter psychics, absorbed that info and gave vague responses. I also don't know that nobody else heard it, or that nobody else asked him those same questions and he didn't reply the same way. I wasn't there. I just still don't see what's so controversial about it. Either she's going to be right, or she's going to be wrong about whether Rafe tells Sami and not EJ.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 12 2009, 06:33 PM
Either she's going to be right, or she's going to be wrong about whether Rafe tells Sami and not EJ.

I couldn't agree more. Still not quite sure why this went from me asking for a source on JS saying Rafe would find out the truth and tell EJ and Sami to where we are now - but I agree with your final analogy. The quoted source will either be right or wrong. Seems like a pretty safe assessment to me. ^_^

kitkat
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Paxton
SocRMum1

Don't put me back into this, I'm out, can I go back and delete my first comment? I was just pointing out that some comments can be twisted, and to take all of them with a grain of salt. The only proof positive, is when the show airs. I've even seen spoilers change from the Days Cafe, and I've seen spoilers be a little to broad term. I think Mr. Scott & Mr. Gering have a little fun with the fans, I've heard some of their comments-- they seem like two guys with great senses of humor.
Edited by kitkat, Oct 12 2009, 09:02 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply