Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (10,832 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives
10/12 - 10/16

Discuss :)

Classic clips: Lawrence Alamain Revealed and Lawrence Comes to Salem (1990)

Although Lawrence Alamain's voice was heard on several episodes before, this was the first time his face was revealed on air. In the scene, Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston) warns Lawrence (Michael Sabatino) that he needs to change his tactics or he will be destroyed. However, Lawrence has a warning of his own for Victor.

After months of havoc, Lawrence makes his way to Salem.
Edited by Sindacco, Oct 11 2009, 06:23 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I haven't really commented on the episodes for a while, I've been pretty bored with the show for a few months now. I was never a big fan of this baby switch storyline so the big climax (or whatever) never really interested me, but I did watch it. The only thing on the show right now that I'm excited about is Carly's return. Stefano and Kate's wedding was also good but I'm tired of Stefano being sick yet again.

I thought the normal opening was back but it's not, it's just a little longer than the shitty one we got during the summer but it's still not the full one.

Now when we had Victor and Bo talk about Lawrence and Carly early in the episode it will hopefully make it easier for new viewers to understand their connection to Salem since there were alot of discussion about that last week. It's good that we got another Carly/Bo flashback. And more Carly/Lawrence flasbacks. So Carly had been in the house for a month and had not left the grounds in over a year, seems like Lawrence treated Carly the same way Victor used to treat Nicole. And now we got the see the part when Lawrence slapped Carly, this version of the scene was much better than the first one we saw, but then again the only thing we saw during the first version of the scene was Carly stabbing Lawrence.

Good to see Erick Avari as Omar.

I'm still not buying the Nicole/Chloe friendship.

Did anyone else notice the blooper in the scene with Kate and Chloe? Kate to Chloe: No one would even miss you, not even your fiancÚ once sh..he gets to know something about you other than the fact that you're willing to have sex 24/7. Lauren was about to say she instead of he but corrected herself right away

Viewers that don't read spoilers must have thought that Rafe was dead by now, how long has he been in the water :D
Edited by Sindacco, Oct 11 2009, 07:40 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Oh yeah, Hope is acting like a total bitch. If there is nothing she wants more then to be a family with Bo again, then why is she sending Justin to talk to Bo about Ciara going to a private school? Avoiding Bo is not going to save your marriage Hope.
Edited by Sindacco, Oct 11 2009, 07:52 PM.

Harmony233

I'm really intrigued by what happened between Carly and Lawrence.Now the stabbing flashback is getting old.I'm actually suprised they mentioned there son in the flashback scenes though.

Gina
Member Avatar

It was amazing to go back 19 years ago. It seems like yesterday. Victor looked so young and handsome, still is, but time has a way of changing us all. Also Lawrence certainly changed in his looks. Not to mention such a young Bo. (I use to love his hair long like that). Wonderful to see Tom Horton again.

I'm certainly glad this babyswith sl is nearly at an end.....it's getting so very old.
Nice to have Carly back on DOOL.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

LOVED victor's von bulow reference today. it was especially apt since von bulow was sleeping with soap actress alexandra isles from dark shadows when his wife died.

i can't believe chloe didn't throw a fit when kate laid into her today about lucas. i know if i were chloe, i would have upended that entire table into kate's lap.

ej is acting like such a spoiled little baby. i can't believe he had the nerve to justify dumping sydney along with nicole because nicole destroyed the last little part of his heart left. give me a freaking break. he just doesn't want sydeny because she isn't his biologically related to him, and some cold part of his heart is too ashamed to admit that out loud i guess. i don't think i've ever disliked ej as much as i do know. if any part of him ever cared for that baby, he'd take her from nicole and throw her out on her ass alone.

i like the way they're slowly revealing more and more to the carly/lawrence argument. i'm guessing that chad might eventually play into this storyline, with perhaps his bio mother being carly and his bio father being either lawrence or bo. i'm not sure, but i'm surprised one of these teens hasn't been tied to someone on the canvas by now, so i'm guessing maybe the son they referenced is chad, especially since carly mentioned that lawrence had deprived her of the right of being a mother.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Oct 12 2009, 11:38 AM
LOVED victor's von bulow reference today. it was especially apt since von bulow was sleeping with soap actress alexandra isles from dark shadows when his wife died.

i can't believe chloe didn't throw a fit when kate laid into her today about lucas. i know if i were chloe, i would have upended that entire table into kate's lap.

ej is acting like such a spoiled little baby. i can't believe he had the nerve to justify dumping sydney along with nicole because nicole destroyed the last little part of his heart left. give me a freaking break. he just doesn't want sydeny because she isn't his biologically related to him, and some cold part of his heart is too ashamed to admit that out loud i guess. i don't think i've ever disliked ej as much as i do know. if any part of him ever cared for that baby, he'd take her from nicole and throw her out on her ass alone.

i like the way they're slowly revealing more and more to the carly/lawrence argument. i'm guessing that chad might eventually play into this storyline, with perhaps his bio mother being carly and his bio father being either lawrence or bo. i'm not sure, but i'm surprised one of these teens hasn't been tied to someone on the canvas by now, so i'm guessing maybe the son they referenced is chad, especially since carly mentioned that lawrence had deprived her of the right of being a mother.
I had read somewhere that Chad may be Carly's son and that is who she is coming to Salem to see. What I am confused about is -- I know she had a son Nikki with Lawrence, but he was born in 1984. Is this a different son? If not, that would make Chad 25.

michelle
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Oct 11 2009, 07:37 PM

Viewers that don't read spoilers must have thought that Rafe was dead by now, how long has he been in the water :D
Wished more like it!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Nicholas would be a different child. Nicholas had an affair with Kate. Chad's still in high school.

Did Lindsay Hartley get a boob job? Her boobs were ummm quite on display in Tuesday's episode.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 12 2009, 01:01 PM
I had read somewhere that Chad may be Carly's son and that is who she is coming to Salem to see. What I am confused about is -- I know she had a son Nikki with Lawrence, but he was born in 1984. Is this a different son? If not, that would make Chad 25.
Chad being Carly's son is only a rumor right now. It's just fan speculation. If Chad does turn out to be Carly's son, who knows if he'll end up being Nicholas or another child that was born after Carly and Lawrence left Salem. It doesn't matter when Nicholas was born. It wouldn't be the first time the show has screwed with ages. But if Chad does turn out to be Carly's son, I hope it's a different son (and Bo's).

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

If Chad turned out to be Nicholas, I'd be tempted to be done with Days for good. I know you can't take anything Days does with characters' ages seriously because the SORAS and deSORAS at random, but Nicholas is supposed to be roughly the same age as Shawn which means that he's roughly the same age as Philip & Chloe (despite the extreme SORAS they pulled to cast Victor Webster in the role). If they do bring Nicholas back, they'll have to deSORAS him down from Webster (who had the affair with Kate) so that Carly could believably play his mother, but the put him all the way back in HS?! That's just a bit much.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Good show today.

It is just so weird seeing Carly on the TV again..and the flashbacks were such a nostalgic touch. And Bo and Victor talking about her. So cool. I liked how they have been revealing what led up to Carly and Lawrences fight...but if I have to see the stabbing one more time... ;)

Loved EJ sticking up for Nicole to Kate. Again, he shut us up and let us know that he knows Nicole loves that child more than anything.
And while watching the show, after he bent over to kiss her, I thought for sure EJ was going to pull Sydney out of Nicole's arms and shut the door on her. I agree, as much as I enjoy watching EJ, he is being rather an asshat to his daughter. Don't care if he is mad...in fact, I would expect him to take Sydney from Nicole in his anger. Instead he totally kicked them both out at night to be on their own. Great dramatic scene at the end with him at the door and Nicole crying and walking away!

Chloe and Kate? Why isn't Chloe slapping the shit out of Kate for poisoning her? Instead she is trading little snips with her? Weird. Nice seeing Lucas again.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Looks like we're back to the shortened opening.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

^ Lucas out of rehab?

LovingDays

I would be so happy if Chloe slaped Kate today.

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 02:04 PM
Looks like we're back to the shortened opening.
I noticed that last week and I'm not happy about it at all. :hmmph:

Alligato
Member Avatar

Lucas is still in rehab, but for some reason, they had him calling Chloe to talk today about her getting the annullment papers, and him doing step 9 which is forgiveness or something.
He said he forgives Chloe, but won't forget her for hurting Ali. Whatever. Not like we ever see Ali anyways.

soccerandtvgirl

Alligato
Oct 12 2009, 03:48 PM
Lucas is still in rehab, but for some reason, they had him calling Chloe to talk today about her getting the annullment papers, and him doing step 9 which is forgiveness or something.
He said he forgives Chloe, but won't forget her for hurting Ali. Whatever. Not like we ever see Ali anyways.
Yeah it makes no sense. When was the last time we saw Allie anyway?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm really enjoying this episode so far. What a great cast we have today with Justin, Hope, Bo, Carly, Victor, Nicole, EJ, and Kate. And i'm not even minding Chloe, because I enjoy her most when she is with Nicole. Also what a treat to get the Bo and Carly flashbacks.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

That new flashback between Lawrence and Carly was intense. So basically he was keeping her captive on his compound. Very interesting

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply