Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (10,767 Views)
☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Finally watched Thursday's and Friday's episodes! Loved the end of the week. I expected EJ to act sooo differently than he did. Considering he has kicked Nicole out, I imagined he would've been more willing to give Sydney to Chad. The ending was so awesome where he announced to Nicole he wants Sydney is his life but not her mwhahahahaha! Chad shouldn't have left like that ... its his child. But he did a good job with the scenes!

Victor and Chloe scene was funny. Even if it were Nicole at the door as Chloe expected, you'd think she would cover up a little still.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

speechless
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 16 2009, 11:20 PM
klements
Oct 16 2009, 01:38 PM
Mason
Oct 16 2009, 01:23 PM
Matt
Oct 16 2009, 01:22 PM
I think it would fun to have Kate extract her revenge by slipping Daniel some drug that makes him impotent and then find out how long it takes skank Chloe to cheat.
I'd give it 5 minutes. Tops.

Anyway, if the Daniel/Chloe relationship is really supposed to be about more than physical lust, then the actors are doing a really shitty job of conveying that. But then, Bjorlin and Christian are just shitty actors period.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are shitty actors. NB's wooden and flat line delivery and SC's gross mauling of her when they were making out just makes me cringe.

I also cannot get into the Mia or Will characters. I feel like all they do is mope, and TS has the same line delivery problem that NB does sometimes--it's flat & wooden.
I initially enjoyed Mia and Will's romance as far as teen romances go anyway but now it just bores me. And Sami and Lucas's kid should be way more... SOMETHING. Like he should be coming up with some scheme to get back at Chad or win back Mia rather than just whining and pouting all the time about this Chad guy stealing his thunder.

Casey Deidrick on the other hand... hand him the young actor Emmy already cause he's rocking it and acting his pants off (if only he was acting that hideous shirt off) better than any other young adult/teen out there.

I am really not getting Sami's behavior and reactions to the Nicole revelations at the moment. I get that she's matured and the writers are probably just setting this all up so that Sami is even more shocked/devastated when the truth comes out but I still think they are really pushing the envelope making Sami THIS magnanimous and giving the benefit of the doubt to Nicole in her "change" this much after... what exactly made Sami suddenly think Nicole was this sainted mother again? I mean I like it in the sense that it has her antagonizing EJ and he antagonizing her in that it shows the show hasn't forgotten all the fallout after Grace's death so there's hope that that will continue to be played out properly when the Sydney reveal comes, but given how anti-anti-anti Nicole she was in the beginning of her return I just am not buying that she could suddenly become such a reasonable sympathetic sucker to Nicole's shenanigans when there were so many years of built-up petty vindictiveness in their relationship before. I guess the argument can be made that losing Grace matured Sami a lot, but ehhh... I'm still not buying it all the way.

Not buying Stepford Sami either!

Marian

In one breath he says he wants Sydney in his life but not Nicole and in the next breath he tells her to leave and to take 'THAT' with her?! What the?!!!

I have always been THE BIGGEST Ejami fan out. Friday just threw me.

Before Friday, I wanted Sami to tell EJ that she had his child at his wedding. I CONVINCED myself that Sami kept her baby a secret because she was scared of Stefano's influence, especially after the run in they had at the cemetary when she was still pregnant. I kept dreaming and hoping for an Ejami reunion... And then EJ had to ruin everything by referring to Sydney as 'THAT'.

He's no man. I no longer have any sympathy for him. His attractiveness just disappeared in that instance. I agree with Sami telling him that she'd do it all again - keeping the baby from him. Look at his treatment of Sydney in all this. If I'd had a baby with him, I wouldn't want him influencing my child either.

speechless
Member Avatar

Marian
Oct 17 2009, 09:21 PM
In one breath he says he wants Sydney in his life but not Nicole and in the next breath he tells her to leave and to take 'THAT' with her?! What the?!!!

Before Friday, I wanted Sami to tell EJ that she had his child at his wedding. I CONVINCED myself that Sami kept her baby a secret because she was scared of Stefano's influence, especially after the run in they had at the cemetary when she was still pregnant. I kept dreaming and hoping for an Ejami reunion... And then EJ had to ruin everything by referring to Sydney as 'THAT'.

He's no man. I no longer have any sympathy for him. His attractiveness just disappeared in that instance. I agree with Sami telling him that she'd do it all again - keeping the baby from him. Look at his treatment of Sydney in all this. If I'd had a baby with him, I wouldn't want him influencing my child either.
I did not like him calling Sydney "THAT" but I get it..it's his defense mechanism. He is hurt and the child whom he loved is basically being taken away from him. Chad turns up and wants his child..like EJ says he gets that he understands Chad being lied to by Mia but Chad has the chance to be with his daughter while EJ does not (as far as they all know). He had to convince Nicole that he wanted her out of his life and that to continue to use Sydney as a scapegoat would no longer work. He had to be cold...heck that's what EJ is to people once they turn on him. COLD. ....it's like I said his defense mechanism. ITA though it still sucked...LOL

cassie1013

Oh god, I just realized Daniel and Chloe are engaged - how lame! The girl isn't even 30 and going on to her THIRD marriage? This has to be some sort of record, LoL.

I think Will needs to be recast, from the very little I've seen of him. #1, he's a legacy character and deserves a better portrayal and #2, this is the son of SAMI BRADY! I want to see some personality, devious activity, and teenage scheming! I don't think it's too late to do so.

Lawrence Alamain looks so old! He was on DOOL before my time (by about 2 years), but I've seen a ton of Youtube clips. I didn't recognize him at all. I had no idea he was married to Carly in real life, lol. This leads me to another question via some Wiki-research - is Nicholas Alamain the son of Lawrence and Carly? Like, Nicholas who had an affair with Kate in 1999??? How is it possible that he was 25-ish?! The Carly I see on my screen now is definitely not old enough to play mom to Victor Webster!

Harmony233

cassie1013
Oct 18 2009, 02:41 AM

Lawrence Alamain looks so old! He was on DOOL before my time (by about 2 years), but I've seen a ton of Youtube clips. I didn't recognize him at all. I had no idea he was married to Carly in real life, lol. This leads me to another question via some Wiki-research - is Nicholas Alamain the son of Lawrence and Carly? Like, Nicholas who had an affair with Kate in 1999??? How is it possible that he was 25-ish?! The Carly I see on my screen now is definitely not old enough to play mom to Victor Webster!

Yes Nicholas Alamain is Carly and Lawrences son.Even I had a hard time buying it even when Nicholas was having an affair with Kate.I mean when did she have him when she was two.LOL I mean in 93 Carly was 27 or 28 when she left town and I'm thinking Kate was in her 40's then.In reality though I think Nicholas is supposed to be 25 or 26.Carly had him when she was 18.Actually this character should be in this story.I'm suprised they haven't recast him ecspecially since they was mentioning him in the flashbacks and he was a part of the vivian/Carly feud.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Nicholas was original around the same age as Shawn Douglas because they were best friends when they were kids.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 18 2009, 09:35 AM
Nicholas was original around the same age as Shawn Douglas because they were best friends when they were kids.
Nicholas was a few years older than Shawn. Nicholas was born in 1984, while Shawn was originally born in 1987. Even in the early-90s when Nicholas came to Salem, he was always portrayed as a few years older than Shawn, but yes they did use to play together.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DrewHamilton
Oct 18 2009, 10:18 AM
Matt
Oct 18 2009, 09:35 AM
Nicholas was a few years older than Shawn. Nicholas was born in 1984, while Shawn was originally born in 1987. Even in the early-90s when Nicholas came to Salem, he was always portrayed as a few years older than Shawn, but yes they did use to play together.
You're right. Nicholas is a couple of years older than Shawn-D. Erik von Detten was born in 1982 while Scott Groff who played Shawn-D while Carly/Nicholas were on the show was born in 1984, but they were portrayed to be very close to the same age. When the cast Victor Webster in the role, it was way off and wonky since Webster is 7 years older than Jason Cook (of course, I still have difficulty thinking of Cook as almost 30 now).

sungrey

PhoenixRising05
Oct 16 2009, 08:29 AM
sungrey
Oct 16 2009, 08:22 AM
LovingDays
Oct 15 2009, 12:55 PM
my god Hope such a freaking bitch
Isn't she now? I sat there yesterday saying "YOU RESOLVED THESE THINGS ALREADY!" It's almost like Dena and Chris want to dredge the shit up again just to create conflict.

I sure hope this story works, but so far it's not promising.
When did they resolve the Zack issues? Hell, when did they resolve any of their trust issues in the past? All we ever get is a few talks. Bo and Hope never really even got a big reconciliation after the Zack stuff. They just sort of drifted back together. That was the one thing Sheffer majorly disappointed me on. There was no resolution at all. They didn't even properly resolve the Hope/Chelsea/Billie conflict. They just had Hope suddenly bury the hatchet because it was Christmas and felt guilty. The performances of Melvin and Alfonso made the Chelsea/Hope mending of fences work but it all should've happened gradually. The show rush jobbed all of it and then Ciara was born and all of it got dropped.

The show has every right to bring all this out and it sucks that it wasn't addressed in the first place but, in a way, it sort of works out. Sometimes that happens in a marriage. Circumstances make you put aside and bury your problems but they always come back to haunt you. You can't avoid them. This is the most realistic marriage conflict story Days has had in eons and it actually stems from the characters and their history. It's not forced at all and I'm glad the show put in those scenes yesterday because it laid everything out for the audience.

We're going to agree to disagree on some of these parts. First and foremost, I am definitely looking forward to the Bo/Hope story because of the Carly involvement, etc. I do think, done correctly, this story could be a winner. I just don't trust Dena and Chris to do it the right way. This whole thing just reminds me of when JER suddenly turned Sami against John again upon his 2003 return (and it's funny, because I think the whole sudden Hope/Chelsea/Billie reconciliation stemmed from the show's desire to right what JER wronged, and there were some pissed off fans.)

I think Sheffer was one of the best things for the show in a long time. Unfortunately we won't know how good he truly could have been because of network interference, etc.

cassie1013

Harmony233
Oct 18 2009, 08:02 AM
cassie1013
Oct 18 2009, 02:41 AM

Yes Nicholas Alamain is Carly and Lawrences son.Even I had a hard time buying it even when Nicholas was having an affair with Kate.I mean when did she have him when she was two.LOL I mean in 93 Carly was 27 or 28 when she left town and I'm thinking Kate was in her 40's then.In reality though I think Nicholas is supposed to be 25 or 26.Carly had him when she was 18.Actually this character should be in this story.I'm suprised they haven't recast him ecspecially since they was mentioning him in the flashbacks and he was a part of the vivian/Carly feud.
OMG. Lol. Well they can't desoras him now - unless they just erase the history with Kate, which is plain stupid... Who's stupid idea was it to SORAS him so much in the 90s?

Can403

sungrey
Oct 18 2009, 01:20 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 16 2009, 08:29 AM
sungrey
Oct 16 2009, 08:22 AM
LovingDays
Oct 15 2009, 12:55 PM
my god Hope such a freaking bitch
Isn't she now? I sat there yesterday saying "YOU RESOLVED THESE THINGS ALREADY!" It's almost like Dena and Chris want to dredge the shit up again just to create conflict.

I sure hope this story works, but so far it's not promising.
When did they resolve the Zack issues? Hell, when did they resolve any of their trust issues in the past? All we ever get is a few talks. Bo and Hope never really even got a big reconciliation after the Zack stuff. They just sort of drifted back together. That was the one thing Sheffer majorly disappointed me on. There was no resolution at all. They didn't even properly resolve the Hope/Chelsea/Billie conflict. They just had Hope suddenly bury the hatchet because it was Christmas and felt guilty. The performances of Melvin and Alfonso made the Chelsea/Hope mending of fences work but it all should've happened gradually. The show rush jobbed all of it and then Ciara was born and all of it got dropped.

The show has every right to bring all this out and it sucks that it wasn't addressed in the first place but, in a way, it sort of works out. Sometimes that happens in a marriage. Circumstances make you put aside and bury your problems but they always come back to haunt you. You can't avoid them. This is the most realistic marriage conflict story Days has had in eons and it actually stems from the characters and their history. It's not forced at all and I'm glad the show put in those scenes yesterday because it laid everything out for the audience.

We're going to agree to disagree on some of these parts. First and foremost, I am definitely looking forward to the Bo/Hope story because of the Carly involvement, etc. I do think, done correctly, this story could be a winner. I just don't trust Dena and Chris to do it the right way. This whole thing just reminds me of when JER suddenly turned Sami against John again upon his 2003 return (and it's funny, because I think the whole sudden Hope/Chelsea/Billie reconciliation stemmed from the show's desire to right what JER wronged, and there were some pissed off fans.)

I think Sheffer was one of the best things for the show in a long time. Unfortunately we won't know how good he truly could have been because of network interference, etc.
I agree with you on all points.

Quote:

First and foremost, I am definitely looking forward to the Bo/Hope story because of the Carly involvement, etc. I do think, done correctly, this story could be a winner. I just don't trust Dena and Chris to do it the right way. This whole thing just reminds me of when JER suddenly turned Sami against John again upon his 2003 return

I totally agree.

Quote:

(and it's funny, because I think the whole sudden Hope/Chelsea/Billie reconciliation stemmed from the show's desire to right what JER wronged, and there were some pissed off fans.)
Yes, JER was a disaster during his 2nd run as HW and Hogan Sheffer had to clean up his mess.

Quote:

ICAM, Hogan Sheffer was a good HW and could have been much better had it not been for netwrok interference, Ken Corday interference, and Hogan Sheffer's sudden firing in January/2008 which IMHO was a real shame. I think Ed Scott and Hogan Sheffer worked well together and it showed between November/2007 and February/2008.

Ed Scott and Dena Higley also seemed to work well together during the Ireland and plain crash story stories but things fell apart shortly after that.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

daysknowitall
Oct 17 2009, 01:30 PM
Matt
Oct 17 2009, 11:01 AM
I think the only people upset with EJ's reactions during the reveal are those people who deluded themselves into believing in the character as a romantic lead. EJ is not, never has been, nor ever should be a romantic lead. He's a villain. Charming? Yes. Suave? Yes. Entertaining? Yes. But still a villain. He's like the modern day Lawrence Alamain -- wicked, evil, petty, charming, sly, slimy, and totally entertaining. I love the fact that he's a petty snake in the grass.
ITA, and great post. You hit the nail on the head in comparing Ej n Lawrence. Both good looking, suave and entertaining but he is the villian. I just prefer him that way. His acting is much better when he is in his crazy evil mode. I just can't dig him trying to be good. Just doesn't work for me.
ITA with you both!! Great post and spot on!!!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

speechless
Oct 17 2009, 09:27 PM
Marian
Oct 17 2009, 09:21 PM

I did not like him calling Sydney "THAT" but I get it..it's his defense mechanism. He is hurt and the child whom he loved is basically being taken away from him. Chad turns up and wants his child..like EJ says he gets that he understands Chad being lied to by Mia but Chad has the chance to be with his daughter while EJ does not (as far as they all know). He had to convince Nicole that he wanted her out of his life and that to continue to use Sydney as a scapegoat would no longer work. He had to be cold...heck that's what EJ is to people once they turn on him. COLD. ....it's like I said his defense mechanism. ITA though it still sucked...LOL
Great post, Speech!

I hated it, too - but given EJ's current state of mind (and the shitty way they've insisted on writing him in this) I think it fits. He wasn't saying it to hurt Sydney - it was intended to be a shot at Nicole. I found it mildly interesting that Nicole didn't so much as seem to blink about it. If the father of my child, adopted, stolen or otherwise, ever referred to it as a "that" you can bet your ass I'd have a few choice words for him. Nicole just simpered off.

The way they are writing both EJ and Nicole in this part of the reveal makes it hard to recognize or sympathize with either character. In fact, I'd like to volunteer to just take Sydney away from all these nut cases and raise her as my own. ^_^

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Danloe--I really wish I was into these two but I just cant due to the bad acting and breathless way they speak. I wish Dan would dye his hair to match Nadia's hair. She needs someone who matches her like when she was with KL they had the matching eyes and with Brandon and their matching eyes and hair. I did enjoy sexually agressive Chloe though, the way Dan gets his hands all tangled up in her hair and they way Chloe's face gets beard burn.

AZ was so pretty when she was crying, it looked like diamonds fells from her eyes. I thought I saw a flicker of compassion for Nicole in EJ's eyes while his mouth showed disgusted contempt.

Bope was so awesome on 10/15. It really hit home for me, it looked like a real marital fight and I loved how they dredged up old history.

Ej's line "...and take 'that' with you" was powerful, I saw it as a way to disconnect himself emotionally and I think it's to make EJ look stupid like when he told Sami to "take your ophan with you" once everything is out in the open.

I dont understand how EJ thought Nicole adopted Syd legally. Isn't adoption a complicated and invasive procedure where they look into your home, etc?

Brianna is sooooooooooooo blahhhhhhhhhhh. Will and Mia had more warmth in their kiss compared to Brady and Ari.

What's with Sami and the ill fitting clothes. They went from making her look like a sausage in the grey suit to this oversized black thing.

I loved the evil glare Sami gave EJ on 10/16, I miss that Sami.

Nicole Walker

EJ told Sami to take her OPRHAN and get out. He's saying those things as a way to be hurtful which makes him look like an azz because he's demeaning a child. He shouldn't say them at all not when the children are the innocent ones. Her name is Sydney, use it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply