Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (10,741 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Loved EJ's line to Nicole "you mistake who I am".

Chloe getting fiesty with Kate was great. It makes me want to see triangle between Chloe, Kate and Stefano, although I dont think an 80yr old, post heart attack diabetic man will be able to endure those two.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kailyn

we all get that Hope is pissed off at Bo but seriously when does Hope take some responsibilty for her actions and stop making poor Ciarra pay the price for running away and taking the child from her safe environment/ home and her Daddy she did the same thing when she got all bent over the Kayla shooting she uprooted Ciarra from her home and made the child feel insecure and start missing her Family. what counselor would even suggest such a hostile resolve for this problem?this is so plot driven a two year old could see it makes no sense.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kailyn
Oct 12 2009, 05:47 PM
we all get that Hope is pissed off at Bo but seriously when does Hope take some responsibilty for her actions and stop making poor Ciarra pay the price for running away and taking the child from her safe environment/ home and her Daddy she did the same thing when she got all bent over the Kayla shooting she uprooted Ciarra from her home and made the child feel insecure and start missing her Family. what counselor would even suggest such a hostile resolve for this problem?this is so plot driven a two year old could see it makes no sense.
Hope is really out there.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm finally starting to get into Carly's return and I think it has to do with her interacting with this Omar guy. No, I don't care about this guy, but at least she has someone to talk to now and we can get something out of her and what's been going on. There's now someone, and not a complete stranger on a plane, that she can confide in. I liked Omar referring to Carly living on a boat before and I loved the flashback of Bo and Carly on the Fancy Face. I liked the flashbacks we got to her fight with Lawrence. It explained a lot. I'm glad they mentioned Nicholas, and Carly saying that he's an adult when Lawrence asked what their splitting up would do to him. At least that proves that Nicholas won't be deSORASed to high school age.

And people asked how they could casually bring Lawrence and Carly up without it feeling natural or it feeling forced. Today's scenes with Bo and Victor are how you do it. Today felt so natural with Bo and Victor talking about Lawrence and Carly. It didn't feel forced at all. It didn't feel unnatural to begin talking about Bo's former love, like so many people said it would. I think that Carly's first scene should've been right after Victor and Bo found out about Lawrence's death and then we see through Carly's flashbacks that she was the one that killed him and then we find out why like we're doing right now. It would've been a better return. Oh well... At least I'm finally getting into the story.

I hate Hope in this storyline. Why does the show insist on making Hope appear to be a bitch? Yes, I do like Hope when she's bitchy, but this is not the way I want to see her. She comes off as annoying. Ciara is telling her mother that she wants to go home and be with Bo, yet Hope keeps saying that Ciara is best away from Salem and in a different school? Shut up Hope! Just shut up and start fucking Justin and make me happy. ;)

I love Kate living at the mansion. Scenes like today are what I was hoping for and I'm glad we're getting them. Although it could be questioned, Kate showed concern for EJ and I like the way she took things into her own hands and had Nicole's belongings packed and set by the door. She's a meddling mother, even to her stepson, who at one point was her lover? Oy!

I'm so ready for EJ and Nicole to be over and done with each other. I never bought this couple. Ever.

Lucas, go back to sucking on your mommy's tit! He always comes off as such a little bitch.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 06:11 PM
I'm finally starting to get into Carly's return and I think it has to do with her interacting with this Omar guy. No, I don't care about this guy, but at least she has someone to talk to now and we can get something out of her and what's been going on. There's now someone, and not a complete stranger on a plane, that she can confide in. I liked Omar referring to Carly living on a boat before and I loved the flashback of Bo and Carly on the Fancy Face. I liked the flashbacks we got to her fight with Lawrence. It explained a lot. I'm glad they mentioned Nicholas, and Carly saying that he's an adult when Lawrence asked what their splitting up would do to him. At least that proves that Nicholas won't be deSORASed to high school age.

And people asked how they could casually bring Lawrence and Carly up without it feeling natural or it feeling forced. Today's scenes with Bo and Victor are how you do it. Today felt so natural with Bo and Victor talking about Lawrence and Carly. It didn't feel forced at all. It didn't feel unnatural to begin talking about Bo's former love, like so many people said it would. I think that Carly's first scene should've been right after Victor and Bo found out about Lawrence's death and then we see through Carly's flashbacks that she was the one that killed him and then we find out why like we're doing right now. It would've been a better return. Oh well... At least I'm finally getting into the story.

I hate Hope in this storyline. Why does the show insist on making Hope appear to be a bitch? Yes, I do like Hope when she's bitchy, but this is not the way I want to see her. She comes off as annoying. Ciara is telling her mother that she wants to go home and be with Bo, yet Hope keeps saying that Ciara is best away from Salem and in a different school? Shut up Hope! Just shut up and start fucking Justin and make me happy. ;)

I love Kate living at the mansion. Scenes like today are what I was hoping for and I'm glad we're getting them. Although it could be questioned, Kate showed concern for EJ and I like the way she took things into her own hands and had Nicole's belongings packed and set by the door. She's a meddling mother, even to her stepson, who at one point was her lover? Oy!

I'm so ready for EJ and Nicole to be over and done with each other. I never bought this couple. Ever.

Lucas, go back to sucking on your mommy's tit! He always comes off as such a little bitch.
ITA with this whole post, and LOL at you saying Lucas should go back to sucking on his mommy's tit. The character is just a joke these days.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Today's show was decent.

Finally they're giving some airtime (and lines!) to Carly. Her scenes with Omar were nice, and I loved the lengthened flashback of her fight with Lawrence. I totally called it re: him holding her captive like Victor did to Nicole. The question is, what did she do to make him want to punish her like that?

Victor and Bo's scenes were enjoyable. Lots of references to history.

Hope is a bitch. She gets on my nerves. This whole Bo/Hope breakup story is stupid. Couldn't the writers think of a better reason to have them on the outs?

LoL @ Nicole showing up at the mansion as if EJ was just going to kiss her on the forehead and welcome her back home. I love that crazy bitch. Her scenes with Chloe were weird though. I just don't buy their friendship. What (aside from being complete whores) do they have in common? Nothing at all, IMO.

Oh, and I enjoyed the Kate/EJ scene. I love that she's married to Stefano and living at DiMansion.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ohhhh! I also loved this line from Kate to Chloe.

"I just wish you could slip back into that coma and die. No one would miss you. Not even your fiancée once he gets to know something about you other than the fact that you're willing to have sex 24/7."

Hilarous!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Oct 12 2009, 09:06 PM
Ohhhh! I also loved this line from Kate to Chloe.

"I just wish you could slip back into that coma and die. No one would miss you. Not even your fiancée once he gets to know something about you other than the fact that you're willing to have sex 24/7."

Hilarous!
What else could possibly bring Bo and Hope at odds that wouldn't be forced? This is realistic and stems from the characters and their history. they never did solve their issues stemming from Zack's death. That was one of the things Hogan disappointed me on at the time. He only resolved the Hope and Chelsea conflict. Bo and Hope never really talked things out and worked through everything. It was all kind of slept under the rug because they had to deal with the ending of the Patrick stuff and Ciara being born. Then we didn't see them hardly at all for months and when they were brought back in the mix they were thrown into the Brady/Dimera stuff. The issues were never truly worked out and that is why I am glad the show has had both Bo and Hope allude to that fact. I hope the show continues to mention the issue of Zack's death going forward.

Also, Bo and Hope have ALWAYS had trust issues going back to when they first got together in the 80's. He was always keeping her in the dark about things because he felt it was best or that she couldn't handle it and Hope has ALWAYS acted like an extreme bitch when she didn't like how he handled something or when he kept something from her. What is happening now is not out of character for either of them. In fact, it's about time the show use the internal conflict that has always existed to further story between them. I'm so excited they finally are and the best part is you have two past characters in Justin and Carly that share chemistry with the both of them and that are likable so fans can deal with them possibly being paired with them, especially Carly and Bo who have fans and are very popular.

The Ciara kidnapping situation brought all their issues to the surface and here you have a story that is driven by the characters of Bo and Hope and the conflict that exists between them. It's a good soap story. Nothing is being forced. Neither Justin or Carly has any romantic interest in Hope or Bo right now. It's all being played naturally and set up beautifully.

I also disagree about Chloe and Nicole's friendship. Yes, it was forced at the beginning but it's been well over a year since they first became friends so I've come to accept them. They have enough in common, not that it matters. I have friends I barely have anything in common with. I don't think it matters much. They bonded over hating Sami in the beginning and they both also bonded over the difficult love lives they both had. There is plenty there to bring them together and have them be friends. They've both been through alot this year and supported each other so their friendship is pretty much solidified now.

Couldn't agree more about Kate. It's awesome having her in the mansion. Loved her scenes with EJ and her fight with Chloe. I also enjoyed the Lucas and Chloe talk. I'm glad they played up the Chloe/Allie relationship and the effect the split had on her.

I'm very happy with how the Carly return has played out. It's not rushed or forced. It has been paced wonderfully so new fans can get used to her. I enjoyed her scenes with Omar and the flashbacks were great. Glad we got a Nicholas mention too. Bo and Victor and Justin and Hope had some great scenes too.

That last scene with Nicole and EJ was fantastic. I love how she left in tears and you saw him looking upset after closing the door and the way the camera just panned back before the scene faded out. Beautiful and effective scene right there. Very emotional. I also loved the way Nicole's expression changed when she noticed the luggage when she walked in the mansion. She was so hopeful and that shook her up but she went right back to being hopeful when EJ came downstairs because she just can't bare to give up.

Just a wonderful episode. The show is just amazing right now.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 12 2009, 09:24 PM
I also disagree about Chloe and Nicole's friendship. Yes, it was forced at the beginning but it's been well over a year since they first became friends so I've come to accept them. They have enough in common, not that it matters. I have friends I barely have anything in common with. I don't think it matters much. They bonded over hating Sami in the beginning and they both also bonded over the difficult love lives they both had. There is plenty there to bring them together and have them be friends. They've both been through alot this year and supported each other so their friendship is pretty much solidified now.
I have to disagree. Nicole and Chloe's friendship still seems forced and unnatural to me. When they're in scenes together, they both seem so fake. And I wouldn't mind them being civil towards each other for the simple reason that they've both done so many things that make other citizens frown that they really don't have each other. That's why I really didn't mind their friendship in the beginning because that's how it was played. Yes, they shared a mutual disliking of Sami, but they also turned to each other because there was no one else. Their scenes did come off forced, and that was the point back then. The writers gave them dialogue that made mention of how fake they were being towards each other. Neither really trusted the other or liked the other, but they came together and supported each other because they had no one else. They were frenemies and I liked it. But now, that's not the case. These two are actually friends and I can't believe for one second Chloe, who is one of the most spiteful bitches in DAYS history, would forgive Nicole for everything she did to keep her and Brady apart.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 09:46 PM
PhoenixRising05
I have to disagree. Nicole and Chloe's friendship still seems forced and unnatural to me. When they're in scenes together, they both seem so fake. And I wouldn't mind them being civil towards each other for the simple reason that they've both done so many things that make other citizens frown that they really don't have each other. That's why I really didn't mind their friendship in the beginning because that's how it was played. Yes, they shared a mutual disliking of Sami, but they also turned to each other because there was no one else. Their scenes did come off forced, and that was the point back then. The writers gave them dialogue that made mention of how fake they were being towards each other. Neither really trusted the other or liked the other, but they came together and supported each other because they had no one else. They were frenemies and I liked it. But now, that's not the case. These two are actually friends and I can't believe for one second Chloe, who is one of the most spiteful bitches in DAYS history, would forgive Nicole for everything she did to keep her and Brady apart.
I won't deny you make good points but, as I said, it's been a year. I've come to accept the fact that they are friends now and that the awkwardness and tension is gone now after all they've helped each other through in the past year. And I can see Chloe forgiving Nicole and letting it all go because of what she did to Brady while they were married. Chloe felt she deserved to be punished for the problems she and Brady had and his dissent into drugs and alcohol and felt enormous guilt. She was no longer in a position to judge Nicole so, in that case, I can buy her forgiving Nicole. That is especially true now considering what Chloe has done in the past year. They are both screwed up. It works IMO. I won't deny that it's forced but I can buy it and have come to look forward to their scenes. Maybe it's because I've just gotten used to it but there are reasons there that make it work IM

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
What else could possibly bring Bo and Hope at odds that wouldn't be forced? This is realistic and stems from the characters and their history. they never did solve their issues stemming from Zack's death. That was one of the things Hogan disappointed me on at the time. He only resolved the Hope and Chelsea conflict. Bo and Hope never really talked things out and worked through everything. It was all kind of slept under the rug because they had to deal with the ending of the Patrick stuff and Ciara being born. Then we didn't see them hardly at all for months and when they were brought back in the mix they were thrown into the Brady/Dimera stuff. The issues were never truly worked out and that is why I am glad the show has had both Bo and Hope allude to that fact. I hope the show continues to mention the issue of Zack's death going forward.

Also, Bo and Hope have ALWAYS had trust issues going back to when they first got together in the 80's. He was always keeping her in the dark about things because he felt it was best or that she couldn't handle it and Hope has ALWAYS acted like an extreme bitch when she didn't like how he handled something or when he kept something from her. What is happening now is not out of character for either of them. In fact, it's about time the show use the internal conflict that has always existed to further story between them. I'm so excited they finally are and the best part is you have two past characters in Justin and Carly that share chemistry with the both of them and that are likable so fans can deal with them possibly being paired with them, especially Carly and Bo who have fans and are very popular.

The Ciara kidnapping situation brought all their issues to the surface and here you have a story that is driven by the characters of Bo and Hope and the conflict that exists between them. It's a good soap story. Nothing is being forced. Neither Justin or Carly has any romantic interest in Hope or Bo right now. It's all being played naturally and set up beautifully.

.......... I love how she left in tears and you saw him looking upset after closing the door and the way the camera just panned back before the scene faded out.
I'm not really crazy about Justin getting mixed in there because I'm already tired of his shit eatin grin and that an interloper seems to always have to stir the pot but other than that it's a great issue for Bope. Your second paragraph is EXACTLY Bope's fundamental issue that causes problems in their relationship.

They did a good job with having the camera pan back!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton

Although it could be questioned, Kate showed concern for EJ and I like the way she took things into her own hands and had Nicole's belongings packed and set by the door. She's a meddling mother, even to her stepson, who at one point was her lover? Oy!

Wow, that never crossed my mind but its certainly plausible, it will be interesting to see how they play out their relationship. I saw the act of kate having Mary pack the bags as a way to rub salt into EJ's pride, to remind him that Nicole played him and also as a way to establish her dominance as THE Mrs. Dimera.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 10:06 PM
PhoenixRising05

.......... I love how she left in tears and you saw him looking upset after closing the door and the way the camera just panned back before the scene faded out.
I'm not really crazy about Justin getting mixed in there because I'm already tired of his shit eatin grin and that an interloper seems to always have to stir the pot but other than that it's a great issue for Bope. Your second paragraph is EXACTLY Bope's fundamental issue that causes problems in their relationship.

I don't consider Justin an interloper. The way they are using him is merely as a friend of Bo and Hope's that is trying to help them. However, they aren't really listening and he's found himself in a position to take sides at times. It's very good conflict and I don't think interloper when I see Justin. It's clear they will toy with a Justin/Hope pairing but, to me, an interloper is one who has intentions toward breaking up a couple or one that wants someone who is in love with someone else. Justin does not have any intentions nor does he want Hope. That is what makes this great. It's realistic, character-driven conflict and you can see all sides and no one is really the bad guy. Even Hope, who is really out of control with what she is doing, can't be considered the bad guy because she's being driven by her love for Ciara and her fears of something happening to her.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Doesn't matter if it's been a year or five. I just can't buy a real friendship between Chloe and Nicole no matter how much they've been through together. They're so much better as enemies, and I really hope something happens that ends their friendship and turns them back to enemies. That would be awesome!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 10:10 PM
DrewHamilton

Although it could be questioned, Kate showed concern for EJ and I like the way she took things into her own hands and had Nicole's belongings packed and set by the door. She's a meddling mother, even to her stepson, who at one point was her lover? Oy!

Wow, that never crossed my mind but its certainly plausible, it will be interesting to see how they play out their relationship. I saw the act of kate having Mary pack the bags as a way to rub salt into EJ's pride, to remind him that Nicole played him and also as a way to establish her dominance as THE Mrs. Dimera.
I can see that. I'm hoping it's a combination of both. I'd really love to see EJ and Kate develop a very complex relationship here with this new dynamic of her being his stepmother and the two of them sharing a sexual past.

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 10:26 PM
Doesn't matter if it's been a year or five. I just can't buy a real friendship between Chloe and Nicole no matter how much they've been through together. They're so much better as enemies, and I really hope something happens that ends their friendship and turns them back to enemies. That would be awesome!
I agree. What's the purpose of their friendship anyway? It's awkward, it doesn't benefit their stories in any way and it deprives us of some potentially awesome Nicole vs. Chloe sniping scenes.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 12 2009, 10:29 PM
DrewHamilton
I agree. What's the purpose of their friendship anyway? It's awkward, it doesn't benefit their stories in any way and it deprives us of some potentially awesome Nicole vs. Chloe sniping scenes.
There's no other female in their age range besides Sami, and don't even get me started on Sami and Nicole's newfound "friendship."

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 10:30 PM
Kenny
DrewHamilton
There's no other female in their age range besides Sami, and don't even get me started on Sami and Nicole's newfound "friendship."
I don't mind that Nicole and Chloe have become real friends. For me, it started out as you said, frenemies you shared their hatred of Sami. I think another aspect of it is that both had so many other problems, both knew hating each other was useless and seemed ridiculous. Especially given the fact that everything Nicole "did" to Chloe was at Chloe's urging.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 10:30 PM
Kenny
DrewHamilton
I don't mind that Nicole and Chloe have become real friends. For me, it started out as you said, frenemies you shared their hatred of Sami. I think another aspect of it is that both had so many other problems, both knew hating each other was useless and seemed ridiculous. Especially given the fact that everything Nicole "did" to Chloe was at Chloe's urging.

But the Sami/Nicole "friendship", now that's just fucking stupid. LOL This is not the SOLE I remember at all!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 10:06 PM
PhoenixRising05

I do not see Justin being an interloper at all. He's being a friend to BOTH Bo and Hope. He's trying to HELP them. He has no interest in Hope or even thoughts of breaking up Bo and Hope at all. He's trying to help them.

There's no interloping taking place here.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply