Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (10,711 Views)
Mirage75
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 12 2009, 10:12 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 10:06 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 12 2009, 09:24 PM
What else could possibly bring Bo and Hope at odds that wouldn't be forced? This is realistic and stems from the characters and their history. they never did solve their issues stemming from Zack's death. That was one of the things Hogan disappointed me on at the time. He only resolved the Hope and Chelsea conflict. Bo and Hope never really talked things out and worked through everything. It was all kind of slept under the rug because they had to deal with the ending of the Patrick stuff and Ciara being born. Then we didn't see them hardly at all for months and when they were brought back in the mix they were thrown into the Brady/Dimera stuff. The issues were never truly worked out and that is why I am glad the show has had both Bo and Hope allude to that fact. I hope the show continues to mention the issue of Zack's death going forward.

Also, Bo and Hope have ALWAYS had trust issues going back to when they first got together in the 80's. He was always keeping her in the dark about things because he felt it was best or that she couldn't handle it and Hope has ALWAYS acted like an extreme bitch when she didn't like how he handled something or when he kept something from her. What is happening now is not out of character for either of them. In fact, it's about time the show use the internal conflict that has always existed to further story between them. I'm so excited they finally are and the best part is you have two past characters in Justin and Carly that share chemistry with the both of them and that are likable so fans can deal with them possibly being paired with them, especially Carly and Bo who have fans and are very popular.

The Ciara kidnapping situation brought all their issues to the surface and here you have a story that is driven by the characters of Bo and Hope and the conflict that exists between them. It's a good soap story. Nothing is being forced. Neither Justin or Carly has any romantic interest in Hope or Bo right now. It's all being played naturally and set up beautifully.

.......... I love how she left in tears and you saw him looking upset after closing the door and the way the camera just panned back before the scene faded out.
I'm not really crazy about Justin getting mixed in there because I'm already tired of his shit eatin grin and that an interloper seems to always have to stir the pot but other than that it's a great issue for Bope. Your second paragraph is EXACTLY Bope's fundamental issue that causes problems in their relationship.

They did a good job with having the camera pan back!
I don't consider Justin an interloper. The way they are using him is merely as a friend of Bo and Hope's that is trying to help them. However, they aren't really listening and he's found himself in a position to take sides at times. It's very good conflict and I don't think interloper when I see Justin. It's clear they will toy with a Justin/Hope pairing but, to me, an interloper is one who has intentions toward breaking up a couple or one that wants someone who is in love with someone else. Justin does not have any intentions nor does he want Hope. That is what makes this great. It's realistic, character-driven conflict and you can see all sides and no one is really the bad guy. Even Hope, who is really out of control with what she is doing, can't be considered the bad guy because she's being driven by her love for Ciara and her fears of something happening to her.

WORD to all that. ITA with everything you said.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
an interloper is one who has intentions toward breaking up a couple or one that wants someone who is in love with someone else.
Ok, maybe I just dont know the definition of "interloper". I agree that he's not acting like he's hot for Hope but you can tell they are going to have some sort of moment where their friendship crosses into the inappropriate. It would be nice if for once they didn't have a triangle or quadrangle as the obstacle. Maybe I'm wrong and they will remain completely platonic but I will be very surprised.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 10:53 PM
PhoenixRising05
an interloper is one who has intentions toward breaking up a couple or one that wants someone who is in love with someone else.
Ok, maybe I just dont know the definition of "interloper". I agree that he's not acting like he's hot for Hope but you can tell they are going to have some sort of moment where their friendship crosses into the inappropriate. It would be nice if for once they didn't have a triangle or quadrangle as the obstacle. Maybe I'm wrong and they will remain completely platonic but I will be very surprised.
I would love that too, except I still want Bo and Hope broken up ... for good. However, the only way to successfully do so is to have them split up amicably, with closure and with no yearning for each other ever again. Have them TRULY move on! THAT is what I WANT!
Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Amello
Oct 12 2009, 10:57 PM
Halloween Family
PhoenixRising05
I would love that too, except I still want Bo and Hope broken up ... for good. However, the only way to successfully do so is to have them split up amicably, with closure and with no yearning for each other ever again. Have them TRULY move on! THAT is what I WANT!
See, I'm no Bope fan. I've liked Bo with Carly, Billie and not so much with Hope. I thought Hope/Gina with John were pretty hot. However, I would like to see at least one couple stay together till death do them part besides the founding fathers like Caroline and Sean.

How much ya wanna bet Jope are going to kiss?
Edited by Halloween Family, Oct 12 2009, 11:02 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Oct 12 2009, 10:34 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 10:30 PM
Kenny
Oct 12 2009, 10:29 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 10:26 PM
Doesn't matter if it's been a year or five. I just can't buy a real friendship between Chloe and Nicole no matter how much they've been through together. They're so much better as enemies, and I really hope something happens that ends their friendship and turns them back to enemies. That would be awesome!
I agree. What's the purpose of their friendship anyway? It's awkward, it doesn't benefit their stories in any way and it deprives us of some potentially awesome Nicole vs. Chloe sniping scenes.
There's no other female in their age range besides Sami, and don't even get me started on Sami and Nicole's newfound "friendship."
I don't mind that Nicole and Chloe have become real friends. For me, it started out as you said, frenemies you shared their hatred of Sami. I think another aspect of it is that both had so many other problems, both knew hating each other was useless and seemed ridiculous. Especially given the fact that everything Nicole "did" to Chloe was at Chloe's urging.
I agree. It makes perfect sense to me. I won't argue that the relationship was forced but I no longer think about it anymore. Again, it's probably because I got used to it. I disagree that there is no story benefit to it. Through their friendship, we've found out about how each is feeling about their particular situations. Not to mention, Nicole learned that Sami was pregnant from Chloe back in January which led to the baby switch so there you go.

As for Sami and Nicole, I don't mind the relationship. It's not like it became that way overnight. It was gradual. Nicole softened toward Sami slowly during the spring and then Grace died and the guilt crept in. She then risked everything to help Sami see Johnny and got EJ to not take Johnny away from Sami so that changed everything. Sami saw that Sydney had changed Nicole and Nicole helped her deal with Grace's death. It's clear why they would come together. Everyone around them questioned their friendship and even Sami didn't seem to understand it. Besides, most of it was driven by Nicole out of guilt. You never saw Sami going and visiting Nicole or calling her unless she wanted something. It was always Nicole going to see Sami. It was all the guilt talking. Sami IMO more or less humored her and went with it because of all Nicole had done for her but I don't think Sami thought of them as bed buds or anything. Sami always mentioned how good Nicole was to her but she never really acted like they were best friends.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Halloween Family
PhoenixRising05
Oh, I'm sure it will go beyond platonic down the road but the difference is that this time it would be natural. Providing they continue to play it as they have, Justin would not be looking for romance with Hope and it would just happen. Same goes for Carly and Bo. That is what will make this work. If you have a story where no one is in the wrong and it's just driven my emotions, it works. That is what soaps are all about. The best and most complex triangles and quads are the ones where all parties are likable and we could have that here providing nothing changes.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 11:02 PM
Amello
Halloween Family
PhoenixRising05
See, I'm no Bope fan. I've liked Bo with Carly, Billie and not so much with Hope. I thought Hope/Gina with John were pretty hot. However, I would like to see at least one couple stay together till death do them part besides the founding fathers like Caroline and Sean.

Ah, I WAS a Bo and Hope fan. But after Zack's death that ship has since sailed. LOL Bo was great with both Carly and Lisa Rinna's Billie. And I don't even know who I want Bo and Hope paired with. However, if the writers want the two with other people, whether that be Justin, Carly etc ... the scenario I described above is the only acceptable version. There is no point AT ALL of getting invested or watching Bo and Hope with other people if they are still in their own romantic orbit. That orbit must DIE!
Quote Post Goto Top

Kailyn

Bo and Hope have both confirmed that they love each other so why don't they stop this stupidity and find a way to discuss all the past issues and finally work to resolve them and move forward instead of falling back into them every year. this has grown old as Bo and Hope are growing older and need to handle lifes bad times together as a couple or make the final decision that there problems are too big and they can't get past them and divorce amicably.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kailyn
Oct 12 2009, 11:07 PM
Bo and Hope have both confirmed that they love each other so why don't they stop this stupidity and find a way to discuss all the past issues and finally work to resolve them and move forward instead of falling back into them every year. this has grown old as Bo and Hope are growing older and need to handle lifes bad times together as a couple or make the final decision that there problems are too big and they can't get past them and divorce amicably.
Exactly what I want and what is needed. Period. End of story.
Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Amello
Oct 12 2009, 11:07 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 11:02 PM
Amello
Halloween Family

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Ah, I WAS a Bo and Hope fan. But after Zack's death that ship has since sailed. LOL Bo was great with both Carly and Lisa Rinna's Billie. And I don't even know who I want Bo and Hope paired with. However, if the writers want the two with other people, whether that be Justin, Carly etc ... the scenario I described above is the only acceptable version. There is no point AT ALL of getting invested or watching Bo and Hope with other people if they are still in their own romantic orbit. That orbit must DIE!
Bope's relationship is fairly realistic minus having a chip implanted in your brain, etc. As PR said their fundamental problem is that Bo trys to shield her from bad things and she breaks out into a bitch, I dont know if this stems from the age difference in their early years.

It's kind of nice having old issues ie s/ls pop up into present day because it's realistic. Couples might forgive and never talk about it again BUT people tend not to forget, all might be good until another catalyst pops up, in this case it was the kidnapping and all hell breaks loose. I agree the repetitive nature makes it tiresome but that could be fixed with some good dialogue.

chiqche

Can somebody tell me where i can find the latest interview with James Scott aka E.J ?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

This may have already been addressed in casting spoilers or somewhere else, but I had no clue who the actor playing Omar was gonna be and seeing him today I am extremely amused that Days is now casting actors from Adam Sandler movies (Mr. Deeds).

<3 Omar <3

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I watched yesterday's show this morning and it was a decent show - but didn't seem to have the intensity of the past couple of weeks. Perhaps because Hope is such a major downer these days. I have always liked Hope - and am a Bope fan - so it sucks watching them make her such a self serving bitch in order to set up the Carly/Bo drama. There is certainly no subtlety here - particularly with Victor bending Bo's ear about a woman from his past that no one has talked about in years at the same time that Justin is cautioning Hope that Bo needs to hear from her that she wants to save her marriage. Whatever. I did think the scene with Hope and Ciara stretched out on the bed chatting was cute, though.

Why in the hell would Chloe not immediately be scratching Kate's eyes out the minute she opened her mouth to bitch at her? Seriously? The woman put her in a coma for weeks and she barely registers irritation around her? And that little tidbit from Lucas was basically useless. I sure hope they are paying BD by the week and not by the number of episodes - or worse, but the number of lines, he's contributing to the show these days. :(

I did enjoy the scenes with Carly/Omar. I like that she's being so upfront about things and not coming across as a wounded victim. I really don't remember CC all that well as I was watching just now and again (pre DVR days :( ) but I do enjoy her and I think she'll bring a refreshing jolt to the show. Can't wait to add Louise Sorel to that mix.

I don't see how anyone could have watched this episode and not been disgusted with the way Nicole is clearly using Sydney as her key back in to the DiMansion. Chloe's suggestion that EJ might want Sydney back but not Nicole and her reaction -"No way! We're a package deal." Oh yeah...Sydney is now simply a pawn to pseudo-mama getting what she wants. The entire manipulation with EJ at the end - how Sydney wouldn't take her bottle, how much she misses her Daddy, etc. I saw lots of comments yesterday about what a douche EJ is being toward Sydney and I hadn't seen the show so I couldn't really comment - but it was clear to me that EJ is suffering and desperately loves that little girl. But Nicole cloyingly waving her under his nose and groveling about how much she needs him does no one any good. Rather than allowing EJ to come to terms with what happened she seems more intent on needling and whining to him in order to get her way. The woman has absolutely no shame. :shame:

Days4Life

Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 11:26 PM
It's kind of nice having old issues ie s/ls pop up into present day because it's realistic. Couples might forgive and never talk about it again BUT people tend not to forget, all might be good until another catalyst pops up, in this case it was the kidnapping and all hell breaks loose. I agree the repetitive nature makes it tiresome but that could be fixed with some good dialogue.
ITA. As someone who has been married over twenty years, I find this very realistic. It's not at all uncommon for long-term couples to have buried issues, no longer talked about or usually even thought about, but then something happens and they pop back up again to cause trouble.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

What galls me about Nicole is how she's acting like it's all EJ's fault that she lied to him and covered up her miscarriage and adoption (and we haven't even gotten into the baby switch yet) and how Nicole seems pissed that EJ isn't all "enh" about what she did like it's no big deal. Well, if it wasn't such a big deal, then why did you keep it from him, bitch? Gosh, I hate Nicole. Honestly, I've hated Nicole ever since she took that payoff from Kate to marry Lucas all those years ago.

Nicole Walker

"What galls me about Nicole is how she's acting like it's all EJ's fault that she lied to him and covered up her miscarriage and adoption (and we haven't even gotten into the baby switch yet) and how Nicole seems pissed that EJ isn't all "enh" about what she did like it's no big deal. Well, if it wasn't such a big deal, then why did you keep it from him, bitch? Gosh, I hate Nicole. Honestly, I've hated Nicole ever since she took that payoff from Kate to marry Lucas all those years ago."

You know what's hilarious is that Brady and Sami basically say the same thing you are bashing Nicole for tomorrow. No, I don't think it's EJ's fault but it's funny they all thin they are justified in lying to him because of how nasty he can be.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ That was what was kind of funny when Sami lied to EJ about Grace. What she did was pretty awful, not to mention, lied to her entire family about her pregnancy and left her kids, tried to pass off Grace as adopted then had Rafe adopt her, etc. but when it came to everyone finding out...nobody scolded her (except Lucas). They all were on her side and understood why she kept it a secret from EJ. Not one lecture from anyone. And now it is a gone issue. Nobody brings it up...except EJ. Like they forgot what a life changing, devious, underhanded plot Sami cooked up in the name of keeping her child safe.
Such is life in Salem.

Maybe people don't really like EJ after all. LOL!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I absolutely love how the Carly story has crossed over and dovetailed into the Rafe/Sami/babyswitch storyline. That's just classic soap opera that we don't see much anymore. These days, storylines tend to be so islanded and isolated, so to have Carly already involved in another storyline besides the Lawrence murder (and she hasn't even hit Salem yet) is a treat.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Matt
Oct 13 2009, 01:00 PM
I absolutely love how the Carly story has crossed over and dovetailed into the Rafe/Sami/babyswitch storyline. That's just classic soap opera that we don't see much anymore. These days, storylines tend to be so islanded and isolated, so to have Carly already involved in another storyline besides the Lawrence murder (and she hasn't even hit Salem yet) is a treat.
I agree. That is just great soap writing, especially since Rafe is a familiar character to fans so those who don't know Carly can get a chance to know her through Rafe as opposed to a stranger. I like Omar but using Rafe to educate fans further on who Carly is great and very effective. It will endear her to Rafe fans too because she is saving their man.

You can tell Days has really planned things out this time with the recent returns. Justin and now Carly have been worked in wonderfully. They involved them with current characters and integrated them slowly without forcing them on people. I expect Vivian's return to be handled the same because ever since Tomlin and Whitesell came on board the show has had a long-term vision and plan, which is what the show needed more then anything else. They stuck to the plan and that is the biggest thing. It shows that Corday is not putting his nose where it doesn't belong. As long as that happens, I think the show will do fine. The show always is better when Corday leaves things alone.

Kailyn

I'm watching days right now and they sure are making a point that Bo loves Hope and has never loved any other woman like he loves her which makes me wonder if the rumor I am reading is going to come true and Chad is Bo and Carly' child. is this a do over of Bo/Billie/chelsea so Bo can do the right thing this time. I always thought Bo and Hope had something unique and special but if this is true I think they are like all other couples on the show and nothing all that special. glad they kept this super couple on to further destroy anything they had that set them apart from others.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply