Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (10,779 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

klements
Oct 16 2009, 01:38 PM
Mason
Oct 16 2009, 01:23 PM
Matt
Oct 16 2009, 01:22 PM
I think it would fun to have Kate extract her revenge by slipping Daniel some drug that makes him impotent and then find out how long it takes skank Chloe to cheat.
I'd give it 5 minutes. Tops.

Anyway, if the Daniel/Chloe relationship is really supposed to be about more than physical lust, then the actors are doing a really shitty job of conveying that. But then, Bjorlin and Christian are just shitty actors period.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are shitty actors. NB's wooden and flat line delivery and SC's gross mauling of her when they were making out just makes me cringe.

I also cannot get into the Mia or Will characters. I feel like all they do is mope, and TS has the same line delivery problem that NB does sometimes--it's flat & wooden.
I initially enjoyed Mia and Will's romance as far as teen romances go anyway but now it just bores me. And Sami and Lucas's kid should be way more... SOMETHING. Like he should be coming up with some scheme to get back at Chad or win back Mia rather than just whining and pouting all the time about this Chad guy stealing his thunder.

Casey Deidrick on the other hand... hand him the young actor Emmy already cause he's rocking it and acting his pants off (if only he was acting that hideous shirt off) better than any other young adult/teen out there.

I am really not getting Sami's behavior and reactions to the Nicole revelations at the moment. I get that she's matured and the writers are probably just setting this all up so that Sami is even more shocked/devastated when the truth comes out but I still think they are really pushing the envelope making Sami THIS magnanimous and giving the benefit of the doubt to Nicole in her "change" this much after... what exactly made Sami suddenly think Nicole was this sainted mother again? I mean I like it in the sense that it has her antagonizing EJ and he antagonizing her in that it shows the show hasn't forgotten all the fallout after Grace's death so there's hope that that will continue to be played out properly when the Sydney reveal comes, but given how anti-anti-anti Nicole she was in the beginning of her return I just am not buying that she could suddenly become such a reasonable sympathetic sucker to Nicole's shenanigans when there were so many years of built-up petty vindictiveness in their relationship before. I guess the argument can be made that losing Grace matured Sami a lot, but ehhh... I'm still not buying it all the way.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

soccerandtvgirl

IMissAremid
Oct 16 2009, 11:20 PM
klements
Oct 16 2009, 01:38 PM
Mason
Oct 16 2009, 01:23 PM
Matt
Oct 16 2009, 01:22 PM
I think it would fun to have Kate extract her revenge by slipping Daniel some drug that makes him impotent and then find out how long it takes skank Chloe to cheat.
I'd give it 5 minutes. Tops.

Anyway, if the Daniel/Chloe relationship is really supposed to be about more than physical lust, then the actors are doing a really shitty job of conveying that. But then, Bjorlin and Christian are just shitty actors period.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are shitty actors. NB's wooden and flat line delivery and SC's gross mauling of her when they were making out just makes me cringe.

I also cannot get into the Mia or Will characters. I feel like all they do is mope, and TS has the same line delivery problem that NB does sometimes--it's flat & wooden.
I initially enjoyed Mia and Will's romance as far as teen romances go anyway but now it just bores me. And Sami and Lucas's kid should be way more... SOMETHING. Like he should be coming up with some scheme to get back at Chad or win back Mia rather than just whining and pouting all the time about this Chad guy stealing his thunder.

Casey Deidrick on the other hand... hand him the young actor Emmy already cause he's rocking it and acting his pants off (if only he was acting that hideous shirt off) better than any other young adult/teen out there.

I am really not getting Sami's behavior and reactions to the Nicole revelations at the moment. I get that she's matured and the writers are probably just setting this all up so that Sami is even more shocked/devastated when the truth comes out but I still think they are really pushing the envelope making Sami THIS magnanimous and giving the benefit of the doubt to Nicole in her "change" this much after... what exactly made Sami suddenly think Nicole was this sainted mother again? I mean I like it in the sense that it has her antagonizing EJ and he antagonizing her in that it shows the show hasn't forgotten all the fallout after Grace's death so there's hope that that will continue to be played out properly when the Sydney reveal comes, but given how anti-anti-anti Nicole she was in the beginning of her return I just am not buying that she could suddenly become such a reasonable sympathetic sucker to Nicole's shenanigans when there were so many years of built-up petty vindictiveness in their relationship before. I guess the argument can be made that losing Grace matured Sami a lot, but ehhh... I'm still not buying it all the way.

Totally agree.

Give Casey an Emmy. He's an amazing find. I'm finding myself rooting for Chad way more than Will even though it should be the other way around.

And I'm not getting Sami either. She's taking Nicole's side and it makes no sense.
Edited by soccerandtvgirl, Oct 17 2009, 12:21 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

soccerandtvgirl
Oct 16 2009, 11:25 PM
Give Casey an Emmy. He's an amazing find.
I think I would like him alot more if he would get a different hairstyle. Something about that mop on his head just overshadows his talent for me, LoL.

As for rooting for Chad over Will, who wouldn't? Will is a bore... which, by the way, should be a crime. The son of Lucas Roberts and Sami Brady should never be this dull and lifeless.

dooldooldool

Gee, what a dud of a Friday. Are they purposely putting ZILCH on since the Friday ratings have been dismal for the past year. More evidence that TPTB can screw up a good thing.

Other rants......

1. The Brady-Arianna reconciliation could have taken one-third of the time. Wasteful conversation that barely made sense. A good example of how multiple "short scenes" detract from whatever punch this lackluster duo might have had. Yawners. I almost missed Felisha Terrill.

2. Maggie "driving by the cemetery, seeing Sami, and stopping cuz she might need a hug"??? Egad. Could there be any worse reason. I absolutely love Maggie, but the writers are sooooo stupid sometime. Wouldn't it have been better to have Mrs Horton headed to visit "Janice's grave", since she had been "thinking about my daughter since we chatted at Chez Rouge" yesterday" I would have even settled for "Alice wanted me to stop by and drop these flowers at Tom's grave since she is spending the year with Jack and Jennifer in England". I don't mind the Maggie as Mother Hen for all of Salem, but at least put some effort into it.

3. So I suppose since Nadia Bjorlin spent half the year in a Salem Coma, they needed to still meet her 2009 wardrobe quota. The current Salem day began with her babysitting in that purple hoochie dress. She changed into the white lacey top to get embarrassed by Victor's arrival at the tenement house. Now, later in that same Salem Day, she comes back from the grocery wearing a teal-green top for her "now that I'm annulled, I can have monkeysex" moment. I almost think the writers are purposely making this couple so vain and sex-crazed just to eventually break them up since they have nothing in common. Yawners....

4. True, Stefano needed to be somehow debilitated to fully play out all the twists and turns in BabySwitchPalooza, but Nicole jabbering at bedside is becoming a daily event. Plus, it looked like they reshot a whole sequence, with AZ babbling to an empty bed WITH WHITE SHEETS, with 5-6 periodic cutaways to her 80-something co-hort. In the later scene, Stefano was clearly coma-tizing on colored sheets (taupe?).

5. I will admit "Chad Peterson Woods" actually sounds like a nice soapy name, so I forgive the change. Clearly the boy is hetero, as that shirt proves absolutely zero lack of fashion sense. His DiMera Mansion Debut was outstanding. His Motel Maggie and Pier-of-Mass-Wandering scenes later on, not so much, although that is probably due to the others sharing his scenes. Unfortunately, tying him to the Joe Isuzu DA doesn't seem very long-term story-enabling. And as potential Mystery Spawn of Salemites just sucks royally as a storyline. And, frankly, that right cheek mole is driving me batty.

6. I really had been ambivalent about Will-Mia. But, truly, they have minimal chemistry and ZERO spark. Early Shelle looks golden compared to these duds.

7. I have never been a fan of Elvis. Maybe its due to the fact that he should be 12 years old. Or that they have never explained what happened to Edmund and Susan Crumb. Or that he has zig-zag-ed as a character more than anyone in Salem History (I'm a race car driver! I'm a businessman! I'm an attorney! I wore black gloves in the summer and wreaked haoc all over Salem. I shot John Black. I switched Belle+Mimi's baby embryos! I killed a policewoman! I drugged and tortured Steve Johnson when I was a toddler!). His initial violent reaction to Adoption was unnecessarily cruel to his onscreen wife and to his offscreen fans who love and treat all their children equally. His toned-down slow-burn acting ever since has been much much much better.

Still, a dud of a Friday. Oh well, 35 minutes of my life gone.

Oh, and I hate this Halloween-grey background....Yechhh

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Oct 17 2009, 01:23 AM
Gee, what a dud of a Friday. Are they purposely putting ZILCH on since the Friday ratings have been dismal for the past year. More evidence that TPTB can screw up a good thing.

Other rants......

1. The Brady-Arianna reconciliation could have taken one-third of the time. Wasteful conversation that barely made sense. A good example of how multiple "short scenes" detract from whatever punch this lackluster duo might have had. Yawners. I almost missed Felisha Terrill.

2. Maggie "driving by the cemetery, seeing Sami, and stopping cuz she might need a hug"??? Egad. Could there be any worse reason. I absolutely love Maggie, but the writers are sooooo stupid sometime. Wouldn't it have been better to have Mrs Horton headed to visit "Janice's grave", since she had been "thinking about my daughter since we chatted at Chez Rouge" yesterday" I would have even settled for "Alice wanted me to stop by and drop these flowers at Tom's grave since she is spending the year with Jack and Jennifer in England". I don't mind the Maggie as Mother Hen for all of Salem, but at least put some effort into it.

3. So I suppose since Nadia Bjorlin spent half the year in a Salem Coma, they needed to still meet her 2009 wardrobe quota. The current Salem day began with her babysitting in that purple hoochie dress. She changed into the white lacey top to get embarrassed by Victor's arrival at the tenement house. Now, later in that same Salem Day, she comes back from the grocery wearing a teal-green top for her "now that I'm annulled, I can have monkeysex" moment. I almost think the writers are purposely making this couple so vain and sex-crazed just to eventually break them up since they have nothing in common. Yawners....

4. True, Stefano needed to be somehow debilitated to fully play out all the twists and turns in BabySwitchPalooza, but Nicole jabbering at bedside is becoming a daily event. Plus, it looked like they reshot a whole sequence, with AZ babbling to an empty bed WITH WHITE SHEETS, with 5-6 periodic cutaways to her 80-something co-hort. In the later scene, Stefano was clearly coma-tizing on colored sheets (taupe?).

5. I will admit "Chad Peterson Woods" actually sounds like a nice soapy name, so I forgive the change. Clearly the boy is hetero, as that shirt proves absolutely zero lack of fashion sense. His DiMera Mansion Debut was outstanding. His Motel Maggie and Pier-of-Mass-Wandering scenes later on, not so much, although that is probably due to the others sharing his scenes. Unfortunately, tying him to the Joe Isuzu DA doesn't seem very long-term story-enabling. And as potential Mystery Spawn of Salemites just sucks royally as a storyline. And, frankly, that right cheek mole is driving me batty.

6. I really had been ambivalent about Will-Mia. But, truly, they have minimal chemistry and ZERO spark. Early Shelle looks golden compared to these duds.

7. I have never been a fan of Elvis. Maybe its due to the fact that he should be 12 years old. Or that they have never explained what happened to Edmund and Susan Crumb. Or that he has zig-zag-ed as a character more than anyone in Salem History (I'm a race car driver! I'm a businessman! I'm an attorney! I wore black gloves in the summer and wreaked haoc all over Salem. I shot John Black. I switched Belle+Mimi's baby embryos! I killed a policewoman! I drugged and tortured Steve Johnson when I was a toddler!). His initial violent reaction to Adoption was unnecessarily cruel to his onscreen wife and to his offscreen fans who love and treat all their children equally. His toned-down slow-burn acting ever since has been much much much better.

Still, a dud of a Friday. Oh well, 35 minutes of my life gone.

Oh, and I hate this Halloween-grey background....Yechhh
:soapbox:

I think that about covers it. I have a feeling if you saw a puppy dog today you would have kicked it :lol:

Hopefully this story line will move along, it just hasn't had the explosion I thought it would but maybe it will get better when the whole truth is out. I think the writers were going in the right direction and then made a wrong turn somewhere. Oh something I'd like to add is why in the hell are they taking up so much time with actors talking to themselves and coma patients with no 2way dialogue?????? :redface: We need these characters interacting with each other more. I'm ready for some kind of formal party, wedding, or even a Halloween party so they can all actually interact with each other.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 16 2009, 11:27 PM
As for rooting for Chad over Will, who wouldn't? Will is a bore... which, by the way, should be a crime. The son of Lucas Roberts and Sami Brady should never be this dull and lifeless.
I have a hard time believing any son of Sami and Lucas would be heterosexual. The EMO part I believe though, but yeah he should have more life in him...
Edited by Southofsoap, Oct 17 2009, 05:52 AM.

dooldooldool

Southofsoap
Oct 17 2009, 05:51 AM
Kenny
Oct 16 2009, 11:27 PM
I have a hard time believing any son of Sami and Lucas would be heterosexual. The EMO part I believe though, but yeah he should have more life in him...
Ah, there's an idea...Will falling for Chad. Those "fight" scenes we have seen in the kitchen at the Motel Maggie the past few weeks would have come across in such a very different manner.........

The previous actor playing Will Roberts Horton had grown into a catty pre-teen filled with spunk, sarcasm, and wit, although his delivery was more than a tad wooden. The current, "enhanced" version does play the moody type pretty well.

Sadly, DOOL would never make any legacy character gay. Sure, it's OK to have stray gays such as early-2000s Deveraux BFF Harold (who ended up as the editor of the Spectator) or Assistant Chris, but not likely a major character (especially since every other daytime drama has been milking that theme to death of late).

Stray teen Tad would be fun as Will's gay wing-man. No angst. No drama. Just matter-of-fact reality. The actor has really shined in his few scenes over the summer. Too bad they haven't incorporated him more into the storyline. Mia could use a gayboy BFF and it would be refreshing for Will to have a best friend who happens to be gay.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

The difference between characters/actors like Mia/Will and someone like, say, Chad is that Mia/Will are REactive characters with a bit of an isolation problem. Mia/Will fret and furrow because of what other people do or say. I'm not sure Mia can even have a line that doesn't contain a phrase "my baby" and that baby is her entire purpose. The whole Will thing is a sideline to give her something to do to keep her on screen and remind the audience that she's still there. Chad, however, is a very active character. He tries to get Mia. He storms into rooms. He tries to get Sydney back. He all but pushes his way into DiMansion. He stands up to both Nicole and EJ. Mia talks to Nicole that she wants permission from Nikki to have a backbone. That's the primary difference between the groupings. Hell, even if they could let Mia be more dynamic in her passiveness, she might be palatable. As it is -- enh, not so much. A so much word on this Will not being the child of Lucas and Sami. Lucas needs to tell his son to grow a pair.

ges
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 17 2009, 08:39 AM
The difference between characters/actors like Mia/Will and someone like, say, Chad is that Mia/Will are REactive characters with a bit of an isolation problem. Mia/Will fret and furrow because of what other people do or say. I'm not sure Mia can even have a line that doesn't contain a phrase "my baby" and that baby is her entire purpose. The whole Will thing is a sideline to give her something to do to keep her on screen and remind the audience that she's still there. Chad, however, is a very active character. He tries to get Mia. He storms into rooms. He tries to get Sydney back. He all but pushes his way into DiMansion. He stands up to both Nicole and EJ. Mia talks to Nicole that she wants permission from Nikki to have a backbone. That's the primary difference between the groupings. Hell, even if they could let Mia be more dynamic in her passiveness, she might be palatable. As it is -- enh, not so much. A so much word on this Will not being the child of Lucas and Sami. Lucas needs to tell his son to grow a pair.
Maybe Will doesn't have a pair because his father has spent his whole life having women run his life and then crap on him. I really thought that when they put Lucas with Chloe they would change the part line, asd i rememb er BD being very excited that he got to play something more than a doormat. Sadly, he is shit on again by Kate and Chloe. Kate gets to run free but Lucas has to go to rehab indefinately because he got drunk. After ten years of sobriety. Go back to A.A. he doesn't need detox. He knows the drill. Oh well, it's sad they way they treated BD and I don't even like the character. :shrug:

PeterReckell4ever

LovingDays
Oct 15 2009, 12:55 PM
my god Hope such a freaking bitch
Agreed! :angry:

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

hope sucks. if all of these problems truly aren't resolved, then someone needs to call chelsea, since last time i checked her and hope were best buds. funny that she can fully forgive and embrace the teenager that thought her son was a speed bump and drove off after running him down, but she can't forgive her husband for loving his daughter and giving her the benefit of the doubt.

i'm sick of the ej pity party. enough already! i like ej, but let's get real. all he's pretty much done since he rolled into town is torture people and treat them like shit, but now he's totally shocked that the karma train has rolled back around to his station? no, thanks. i also don't buy that he has any feelings for sydney. i think ej knows full well that chad is incapable of raising sydeny, and i don't think he really cares. i really wish we could have seen ej have some kind of revelation about himself after his talk with lexie. even if he never did anything to lead nicole and sami to lie to him(which isn't true) he should at least be evaluating the reasons why he keeps getting involved with women that lie to him about such fundamental issues.

Alligato
Member Avatar

dooldooldool - excellent assessment of Friday's show. Dull compared to the rest of the week.

I know everyone here thinks Chad is Emmy worthy, but hell no.
His little baby face makes me have a hard time believing that he actually wants to have a baby, be a single father and raise a kid. Like EJ, it is more about being lied to and looking like a fool over actually wanting the child. The constant "my baby" "my daughter" drives me crazy. Dude had no interest other than macking on Mia and running track for high school...and now all of a sudden, he wants to be responsible and care for a child as a single dad? Can anyone ask him the tough questions of how he is going to manage all of that?
And everyone calling him "Chad Peterson Woods" also drives me crazy? Did he assassinate a President or something? It's Chad Woods. WTF about Peterson?

And what is the big deal about Mia being the mother? They knew she gave her kid up, they knew she and Nicole were best buds...so why is it such a shocker that Nicole has Mia's kid? I mean, Sami acted more shocked that Mia was Sydney's mom over Nicole's faking pregnancy.

And EJ calling Sydney "that thing" was pretty low. WTF is wrong with him? Kick Nicole's ass out is fine with me, but his little stink eye and mean face to Sydney shows what a total ass hat he is. "I was rethinking my actions about Sydney, but I changed my mind"...whatever asshole. For all purposes, she was your daughter for 9 months. No wonder Sami said she would do it again. Good one, Sami. Loved it.

Chloe and Dan are stupid times 10. NB's line delivery on Thursday "I want you to make love to me Daniel right now" was as about as bad as it gets. I didn't buy that for a second.

Arianna and Brady was also just as dull. Are these really the two that everyone fawned over on Passions? I don't see an ounce of sexual chemistry between them which is odd as they are both beautiful people. Whereas, Brady and Nicole are yelling at each other most of the time and it oozes. I hope that Brianna isn't a long term thing.

And why they kept cutting to Will after every Mia and Chad scene was bad...just like Will's hair. Will just sits there looking like he is so confused. I am so not a fan of this teen scene. The best thing about the baby switch being over is that hopefully Mia and Chad and Will disappear for awhile.

I didn't mean for this to be such a bitch session, but Friday fell flat to me. The week wasn't so bad though.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^I agree, luv.
It is hard for anyone who watched any of EJ's history to have much sympathy for him.
I understand that it sucks to have women lie to you about ALL of your children, but it also sucks to torture, rape, shoot people, etc. Ej's little pity party needs to stop, and figuring out WHY his women lie to him, run out on him, etc.

oh - did he really switch the embryos? I don't remember that. Why did he care if Shawn and Mimi had a baby? Just goes to show that he himself had some baby switching history to his name. Damn hypocrite! LOL! :)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I think the only people upset with EJ's reactions during the reveal are those people who deluded themselves into believing in the character as a romantic lead. EJ is not, never has been, nor ever should be a romantic lead. He's a villain. Charming? Yes. Suave? Yes. Entertaining? Yes. But still a villain. He's like the modern day Lawrence Alamain -- wicked, evil, petty, charming, sly, slimy, and totally entertaining. I love the fact that he's a petty snake in the grass.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

no, i don't have a problem with ej being a villain. but there's such a thing with a two-dimensional cookie-cutter villain, and an entertaining villain with some depth. ej seems to have no depth whatsoever. i wouldn't mind if he reevaluated everything, decided he wanted revenge, and went hog-wild punishing sami and nicole, but instead, he'd rather sit around and whine and feel sorry for himself. i find that totally uninteresting.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ITA!
This EJ is fuckin afraid of CHAD? REALLY? CHAD? What kind of villain is that?

We have him early in the week looking and pining over his old life, looking through Sydney's books and pics of their wedding/baptism, then in the same week he calls her "that?"

I dont buy for one second that crap about "re-thinking" the whole thing. Re-thinking would mean that you would actually want to know where your child is sleeping at night?! Not trying to get people to understand that kicking someone you love thats innocent was the "right thing!"

I would be pissed if Nicole doesnt have some sort of conversation with this jerk about abandoning his daughter after all this reveal is out in the open.

Villain is one thing...but taking it out on a baby....thats even low for Steffy!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

my problem isn't even really that ej seems to be scared of chad, it's that he cares about chad's parental rights. when has ej ever cared about someone else's rights and feelings when it interfered with him getting what he wants? that's right--never. ergo, i can only conclude that ej doesn't care about sydney, despite the myriad weepy scenes this week with him looking through her baby book.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 17 2009, 11:01 AM
I think the only people upset with EJ's reactions during the reveal are those people who deluded themselves into believing in the character as a romantic lead. EJ is not, never has been, nor ever should be a romantic lead. He's a villain. Charming? Yes. Suave? Yes. Entertaining? Yes. But still a villain. He's like the modern day Lawrence Alamain -- wicked, evil, petty, charming, sly, slimy, and totally entertaining. I love the fact that he's a petty snake in the grass.
ITA, and great post. You hit the nail on the head in comparing Ej n Lawrence. Both good looking, suave and entertaining but he is the villian. I just prefer him that way. His acting is much better when he is in his crazy evil mode. I just can't dig him trying to be good. Just doesn't work for me.

Mason
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 17 2009, 10:43 AM
I know everyone here thinks Chad is Emmy worthy, but hell no.
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I mean, he's not bad (especially compared to Spreitler and Patton), but I don't see what's so raveworthy, either.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Just on what you guys have mentioned with Chad using the phrase "my baby" a lot and that being annoying, I have to say there was a stretch in Friday's episode where it seemed like EVERYONE (Chad, Mia, Nicole, EJ... hell maybe Sami too) was using that phrase that I halfway expected them to break into's Chili's "I want my babyback babyback babyback..." song.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply