Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (13,768 Views)
luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

LOVED victor's von bulow reference today. it was especially apt since von bulow was sleeping with soap actress alexandra isles from dark shadows when his wife died.

i can't believe chloe didn't throw a fit when kate laid into her today about lucas. i know if i were chloe, i would have upended that entire table into kate's lap.

ej is acting like such a spoiled little baby. i can't believe he had the nerve to justify dumping sydney along with nicole because nicole destroyed the last little part of his heart left. give me a freaking break. he just doesn't want sydeny because she isn't his biologically related to him, and some cold part of his heart is too ashamed to admit that out loud i guess. i don't think i've ever disliked ej as much as i do know. if any part of him ever cared for that baby, he'd take her from nicole and throw her out on her ass alone.

i like the way they're slowly revealing more and more to the carly/lawrence argument. i'm guessing that chad might eventually play into this storyline, with perhaps his bio mother being carly and his bio father being either lawrence or bo. i'm not sure, but i'm surprised one of these teens hasn't been tied to someone on the canvas by now, so i'm guessing maybe the son they referenced is chad, especially since carly mentioned that lawrence had deprived her of the right of being a mother.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i can't for the life of me understand why it's necessary for mia to keep lying about sydeny. in the hospital, ej called nicole out for pretending to counsel pregnant teens. isn't it only a matter of time before he puts two and two together and realizes that the only pregnant teen he ever saw around was mia? won't he remember that mia showed up unexpectedly at their wedding in street clothes, visibly upset? assumably, nicole wants to make sure no one finds out sydney doesn't belong to mia, but again, i don't think she can keep ej from remembering that the only thing that makes sense is for mia to be the mother.

boo carly for saving rafe.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 15 2009, 04:05 PM
Kevc1980
Oct 15 2009, 04:04 PM
The great thing about the baby switch reveal is that there is still so much to come out. Mia and Chad don't know their baby is really dead, Brady doesn't know what Nicole did to Sami, and Sami and EJ don't know their baby is alive. November sweeps is going to rock. Can't wait
The problem is, I don't care about Mia, Chad or Brady. Nor do I care about Sami these days.

I hate these characters. Why does the writing have to suck so much?
i agree with all that except for brady. i do like him, i just wish they'd give him a realyl good storyline to be in. i hate that he's just kind of a prop for everyone else.

like you, i really can't stand the teens. i know i should try to muster some sympathy for mia, but as someone on here said so succinctly, i still remember her selling her baby and not caring about her until 'flashdance: japan' came to a screeching halt. i just frankly don't give two shits that mia doesn't know her baby is dead. same thing with sami. i don't care that her baby was taken away because she took ej's. now, if the writing were better, and sami had some kind of revelation about what a fucked up person she is after this whole reveal, then yeah, i'd care about sami. but that isn't what's going to happen. she's going to screech and go postal, and talk about how what she did was different because a father and child don't have the same bond that a mother and child do.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

hope sucks. if all of these problems truly aren't resolved, then someone needs to call chelsea, since last time i checked her and hope were best buds. funny that she can fully forgive and embrace the teenager that thought her son was a speed bump and drove off after running him down, but she can't forgive her husband for loving his daughter and giving her the benefit of the doubt.

i'm sick of the ej pity party. enough already! i like ej, but let's get real. all he's pretty much done since he rolled into town is torture people and treat them like shit, but now he's totally shocked that the karma train has rolled back around to his station? no, thanks. i also don't buy that he has any feelings for sydney. i think ej knows full well that chad is incapable of raising sydeny, and i don't think he really cares. i really wish we could have seen ej have some kind of revelation about himself after his talk with lexie. even if he never did anything to lead nicole and sami to lie to him(which isn't true) he should at least be evaluating the reasons why he keeps getting involved with women that lie to him about such fundamental issues.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

no, i don't have a problem with ej being a villain. but there's such a thing with a two-dimensional cookie-cutter villain, and an entertaining villain with some depth. ej seems to have no depth whatsoever. i wouldn't mind if he reevaluated everything, decided he wanted revenge, and went hog-wild punishing sami and nicole, but instead, he'd rather sit around and whine and feel sorry for himself. i find that totally uninteresting.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

my problem isn't even really that ej seems to be scared of chad, it's that he cares about chad's parental rights. when has ej ever cared about someone else's rights and feelings when it interfered with him getting what he wants? that's right--never. ergo, i can only conclude that ej doesn't care about sydney, despite the myriad weepy scenes this week with him looking through her baby book.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply